Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:41:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 [577] 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191697 times)
amaral1977

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 12:47:35 PM

Security and Privacy indeed are several traits of Komodo that are very much important in building decentralized apps and sidechains. In an event where kmd platform starts using kmd gas to fuel such apps and sidechains, well I will let the price speaks for itself so hodl.

well, actually almost all such features are implemented in different coins, so I can not say this is something completely unique   Undecided

but, the rally Komodo started recently is fantastic without a doubt, I wonder will it hold there and continue to climb higher ... or... will fell donw like Ikar..

only time and market will tell

Security using dPoW and Privacy are not used almost all. In fact you can only count with your fingers the cryptos offering mixing and privacy so where did you read almost all have this features? Better read the whitepaper and not just riding the bandwagon of shills and trolls. Even more premium than Ethereum . So watch out in less than 3 years, it will be in place.
Actually true privacy and more important fungibility are yet to be proved in crypto. For me what is somehow worrysome is what was shown with the recent BTC-e scandal. BTC in no that private and Zcash as it´s on backdoor at the devs disposal to turn privacy on and off..  said by the Zcash devs themselfs.)
Let´s hope KMD can help solve this issues and establish as a true privacy coin.
There is no backdoor in zcash and devs cannot turn privacy on and off. Not sure where you get such misinformation
https://www.newscientist.com/blogs/onepercent/2013/03/bitcoin-zerocoin.html 
have no idea why you think that article from 2013 supports some dev controllable privacy switch. the user controls whether they utilize the privacy or not

For me is not that reassuring that the dev says he would be able to add this kind of feature to a coin. If it is not possible , great news. If it is possible it´s something no one wants to see in a privacy focussed coin. I´m not a tech guy. that´s why i like to see what people that are has t say. So thanx for jumping in this "discussion".

██████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
      ██████████▌▐██████████ 
    ██████ ████▌  ▐████ ██████ 
   ██████  ▐██▀    ▀██▌  ██████ 
  ██████  ▌ █▄▄█  █▄▄█ ▐  ██████ 
 ██████▌ ▐██████  ██████▌ ▐██████ 
 ██████  ███████  ███████  ██████ 
 █████▌  ██▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀██  ▐█████ 
 █████                      █████ 
  █████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████▄▄▄▄▄█████ 
   ████████████▌  ▐████████████ 
    ████████████▌▐████████████ 
      ██████████████████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
            ██████████ 

█████████
█████████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████████
█████████

EXCHANGES 

CREX24GRAVIEXBITEBTC

█████████
█████████
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
█████████
█████████
jl777B

Activity: 476
Merit: 133

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 01:00:46 PM

Security and Privacy indeed are several traits of Komodo that are very much important in building decentralized apps and sidechains. In an event where kmd platform starts using kmd gas to fuel such apps and sidechains, well I will let the price speaks for itself so hodl.

well, actually almost all such features are implemented in different coins, so I can not say this is something completely unique   Undecided

but, the rally Komodo started recently is fantastic without a doubt, I wonder will it hold there and continue to climb higher ... or... will fell donw like Ikar..

Security using dPoW and Privacy are not used almost all. In fact you can only count with your fingers the cryptos offering mixing and privacy so where did you read almost all have this features? Better read the whitepaper and not just riding the bandwagon of shills and trolls. Even more premium than Ethereum . So watch out in less than 3 years, it will be in place.
Actually true privacy and more important fungibility are yet to be proved in crypto. For me what is somehow worrysome is what was shown with the recent BTC-e scandal. BTC in no that private and Zcash as it´s on backdoor at the devs disposal to turn privacy on and off..  said by the Zcash devs themselfs.)
There is no backdoor in zcash and devs cannot turn privacy on and off. Not sure where you get such misinformation
have no idea why you think that article from 2013 supports some dev controllable privacy switch. the user controls whether they utilize the privacy or not

For me is not that reassuring that the dev says he would be able to add this kind of feature to a coin. If it is not possible , great news. If it is possible it´s something no one wants to see in a privacy focussed coin. I´m not a tech guy. that´s why i like to see what people that are has t say. So thanx for jumping in this "discussion".
The zksnark tech that the zcash team developed was an improvement on the original zercoin method. You can be assured that if I knew of any backdoor in zcash, I would not have chosen its tech

if you are not technical, you will need to trust the judgements of those that are and hopefully a 4 year old article is not going to cause you much concerns
Andeze17

Activity: 650
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 01:31:53 PM

The zksnark tech that the zcash team developed was an improvement on the original zercoin method. You can be assured that if I knew of any backdoor in zcash, I would not have chosen its tech

if you are not technical, you will need to trust the judgements of those that are and hopefully a 4 year old article is not going to cause you much concerns

Great reply. People are always bringing up the 2013 article in regards to zero based coins, so its great to get a response like this from the dev.
jl777B

Activity: 476
Merit: 133

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 01:39:01 PM

Great reply. People are always bringing up the 2013 article in regards to zero based coins, so its great to get a response like this from the dev.
If the strongest attack the zcash fudders can make is based on a 2013 speculative article about a future (from 2013) version of the predecessor to what zcash actually made...

well, it would be like using some old nostradamus quotes as supporting material for your thesis.

the 2013 article was a "what if" "could work this way" type of speculation on a yet to be completed zerocoin (by the zcash team by the way). also, you seem to be putting weight on what some commenters to the speculative article posted.

zcash then decided it needed to be improved drastically into the zksnark method for the ZEC release.

There is strong academically peer reviewed math that is implemented in zcash, the mixin factor grows with each transaction. As opposed to limited mixin of 3 to 10 for the best "competitive" algo.

I could have chosen any privacy tech to build on. In my technical judgement (however good that might be), I chose zcash
ka82

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 02:08:06 PM

based on my limited understanding, I believe komodo will follow the OMG trends as they both seems to figuring out a real distributed exchanges across multiple assets and blockchains.
gilabusuk1

Activity: 311

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 02:17:53 PM

based on my limited understanding, I believe komodo will follow the OMG trends as they both seems to figuring out a real distributed exchanges across multiple assets and blockchains.

indeed the concept komodo may be like that, but now shows the process of continuous improvement or system development and the price is now increased to $ 3.35 or up 32.18% so it should still be followed by this komodo

ka82

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 02:36:12 PM

indeed the concept komodo may be like that, but now shows the process of continuous improvement or system development and the price is now increased to $ 3.35 or up 32.18% so it should still be followed by this komodo

I'm just pissed why I didn't buy OMG in July when it was < $1 and now almost $12.
amaral1977

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 03:22:37 PM

Point taken

██████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
      ██████████▌▐██████████ 
    ██████ ████▌  ▐████ ██████ 
   ██████  ▐██▀    ▀██▌  ██████ 
  ██████  ▌ █▄▄█  █▄▄█ ▐  ██████ 
 ██████▌ ▐██████  ██████▌ ▐██████ 
 ██████  ███████  ███████  ██████ 
 █████▌  ██▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀██  ▐█████ 
 █████                      █████ 
  █████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████▄▄▄▄▄█████ 
   ████████████▌  ▐████████████ 
    ████████████▌▐████████████ 
      ██████████████████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
            ██████████ 

█████████
█████████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████████
█████████

EXCHANGES 

CREX24GRAVIEXBITEBTC

█████████
█████████
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
█████████
█████████
larkinvain

Activity: 1120
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 03:30:44 PM

Woah Komodo is up by a lot. Lots to look forward to for this project. Keep up the great work.
zxdcv

Activity: 142

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 04:49:27 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2017, 05:38:59 PM by zxdcv

Hello guys and gals. How long does it usually take for "Fetching Basilisk Data" to fetch the data from the Blockchain. I can see my balance via the block-explorer but my Agama wallet balance shows 0 (Zero). I've tried to refresh Cache Data and Fetch wallet data but I get the same result info of a Zero balance available. What am I missing?

No Data Available. I've been trying to access my coins for months.  Cry

When I try to switch to Full Mode and download the chain it says that Komodo is already running. By far out of all the wallets I deal with this one is the most difficult.
13ialmadca13

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 05:52:43 PM

Is Komodo coins able to buy now? If yes, where can buy it?

Yep it should available and openly traded. You can buy any from Bittrex, Cryptopia, CoinExchange and Cryptox. Bittrex has the highest volume but it depends which trading site you are most comfortable.

Thank you so much. I will check it out.
ssvenss

Activity: 381
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 05:53:44 PM

Are there any planned releases for the near future?
ka82

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 06:03:47 PM

Hello guys and gals. How long does it usually take for "Fetching Basilisk Data" to fetch the data from the Blockchain. I can see my balance via the block-explorer but my Agama wallet balance shows 0 (Zero). I've tried to refresh Cache Data and Fetch wallet data but I get the same result info of a Zero balance available. What am I missing?

When I try to switch to Full Mode and download the chain it says that Komodo is already running. By far out of all the wallets I deal with this one is the most difficult.

This issue been there for few months now...just keep refreshing/resending until "hopefully" happens!
zxdcv

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 06:05:29 PM

This issue been there for few months now...just keep refreshing/resending until "hopefully" happens!

Thanks for the reply. Will do.
zxdcv

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 06:22:29 PM

AAAAARRRGGGGGHHH DUDE I JUST WANT MY FUCKING COINZZZZZ.

Wow. That felt good.
tave

Activity: 128
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 07:06:13 PM

less than 2day untill bomb  Grin

kjun5

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:33:17 PM

Hello,Im new to kmd since 3days ago, and now kmd is my most favorite crypto!
I have some basic questions:

1)
Is there any means to use kmd wallet on windows8.1?
or should I have to buy new PC?

2)
If 8.1 cant be used, 7 or 10, or older version of windows is ok for kmd wallet?

3)
I really like to store kmd in my hardware wallet.
so is there any device that can store kmd?
(like Trezor or Ledger nano S)

sorry about my bad english!
mivecgpx

Activity: 54

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 09:22:19 PM

Hoping we see komodo at $8 by friday  Smiley

i belive we can see it Smiley hopefully by friday!

Fingers crossed  Smiley

certainly such a price is just around the corner. And in 2018 the price of $ 20 is more than real

You missed another 0 at the end of the that price  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
skynetcoins

Activity: 52

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 09:34:04 PM

If you haven't already done so, be sure to request that KMD be added to Poloniex:

https://poloniex.com/coinRequest

Here are some answers to the questions on the form:

What is the name of the coin?
Komodo

What is the coin's symbol?
KMD

Please link to the announcement page.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1605144.3100

If the coin has a website, please link it here.
https://komodoplatform.com/

If the coin has a block explorer, please link it here.
https://kpx.io/

Please explain why you would like to see this coin added to the exchange.
KMD is a new anonymous crypto currency, built built on Zcash Zero Knowledge proofs and there is a great deal of interest in this coin.  Also there will be arbitrage between KMD and BTCD, so Poloniex will get double the commissions/fees.

If this coin has any significant innovations over other coins, please elaborate on them here.
Delayed Proof of work (DPow) is very innovative.

When will we see this wonder in poloniex?
do your work too, fill out form
super55

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 10:26:44 PM

Hello,Im new to kmd since 3days ago, and now kmd is my most favorite crypto!
I have some basic questions:

1)
Is there any means to use kmd wallet on windows8.1?
or should I have to buy new PC?

2)
If 8.1 cant be used, 7 or 10, or older version of windows is ok for kmd wallet?

3)
I really like to store kmd in my hardware wallet.
so is there any device that can store kmd?
(like Trezor or Ledger nano S)

sorry about my bad english!

Yes, you can store your Komodo in Ledger nano S....but currently you cannot received your 5% interest on your Ledger wallet yet, due to some bugs....but yes, you can stored your KMD on Ledger nano S.

I'm also waiting for my Ledger nano S to arrived soon, because i'm loosing sleep hearing many computers & smart phones wallet are being hacked due to their computers is infected with virus or malware....so for me, Ledger nano S is your safest personal bank to stored your cryptocurrency.
I hope our Devs will fixed this 5% interest bugs on Ledger nano S wallet....so i can stored my KMD on Ledger wallet and also get my 5% interest  Cool

Pages: « 1 ... 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 [577] 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: