Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:14:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 [616] 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191687 times)
jl777B

Activity: 476
Merit: 133

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 05:52:56 AM

Where can you sell the REVS asset or how do we earn dividends from it?

Trade: On BarterDEX
Dividends: on the komodo asset chain through Dividend API

somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
The REVS is there to allocate the dividends. The CRYPTO asset (crypto777) already has accrued over 50 BTC of revenues, but it is trapped due to BTC txfees. It does seem that the txfee madness is over for now, so I can start to combine the small utxo into bigger ones.

5% of 50 BTC isnt that much, and I also need to finish everything needed for the dICO before dealing with all the revshare details.

However, it does seem that we are not too far away from being able to migrate the NXT assets over and then issuing dividends. I cant make any promises on timeframes, but the REVS are accruing their rev shares every day.

We need barterDEX live and actively used
Agama support for the REVS and assetchains fully deployed
BTC fees staying at a sane rate
NXT assets migrated

First two are pretty much done, even the third one is not an issue now. I will start thinking how best to do the NXT migration.
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jl777B

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 05:55:30 AM

I guess it is time for me to purchase a ledger nano S wallet. As developers have fixed the bug regarding interest earnings for KMD. It is really handy and ideal to have KMD on the Nano S.
I think you misunderstood.
Even a paper wallet will accrue interest if LockTime is set, but a paper wallet is not able to spend it.

Similarly ledger funds will accrue interest if LockTime is set, but ledger wallet is not able to spend it.

The reason is that the wallet is not what accrues the interest, that is built into the blockchain. The wallet however must know about interest calcs and how to adjust the transactions to spend it.

Ledger does not do this at this point
DosManos

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 03:04:52 PM

I guess it is time for me to purchase a ledger nano S wallet. As developers have fixed the bug regarding interest earnings for KMD. It is really handy and ideal to have KMD on the Nano S.
Even a paper wallet will accrue interest if LockTime is set, but a paper wallet is not able to spend it.

Similarly ledger funds will accrue interest if LockTime is set, but ledger wallet is not able to spend it.

The reason is that the wallet is not what accrues the interest, that is built into the blockchain. The wallet however must know about interest calcs and how to adjust the transactions to spend it.

so the paper wallet does not get interest when i move it to the agama wallet?
jl777B

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 03:07:34 PM

how exactly did you get your paper wallet to send a transaction?
dont you have to use some software for that? in which case, which wallet did you use?
DosManos

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 04:19:22 PM

dont you have to use some software for that? in which case, which wallet did you use?

i did not
i sent to the paper wallet from the exchange - planned to move it in few months..
it will send to agama wallet the original amount + x%?
jl777B

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 04:31:45 PM

i did not
i sent to the paper wallet from the exchange - planned to move it in few months..
look up the txid on the block explorer for your funds in the paper wallet
if LockTime is set and it is for more than 10KMD and you use a wallet that knows how to spend the accrued interest, you will get it as change.

so you likely will need to do 2 transactions to get all of it into a different account.

Agama supports interest collection
Johnny00

Activity: 896
Merit: 553

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 05:14:13 PM

Where can you sell the REVS asset or how do we earn dividends from it?

Trade: On BarterDEX
Dividends: on the komodo asset chain through Dividend API

somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
The REVS is there to allocate the dividends. The CRYPTO asset (crypto777) already has accrued over 50 BTC of revenues, but it is trapped due to BTC txfees. It does seem that the txfee madness is over for now, so I can start to combine the small utxo into bigger ones.

5% of 50 BTC isnt that much, and I also need to finish everything needed for the dICO before dealing with all the revshare details.

However, it does seem that we are not too far away from being able to migrate the NXT assets over and then issuing dividends. I cant make any promises on timeframes, but the REVS are accruing their rev shares every day.

We need barterDEX live and actively used
Agama support for the REVS and assetchains fully deployed
BTC fees staying at a sane rate
NXT assets migrated

First two are pretty much done, even the third one is not an issue now. I will start thinking how best to do the NXT migration.

so we just wait then?

agama working now, had issues for the longest time

|
We plan to invest over
$1 billion in the regulated, licensed,
and legal businesses to build the IOB Mesh
|
Same Token,IOB
Multiple Regulated
Security Token
ICOs Across the World.
|
TELEGRAM
TWITTER
GITHUB
REDDIT
中文电报群
MEDIUM
BITCOINTALK
LINKEDIN
charlie137

Activity: 1204
Merit: 220

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 05:31:10 PM

one of the fav coins, amazing team and support!

/__      ___ (  /    
\\--`-'-|`---\\ |      AXErunners
 |' _/   ` __/ / 
 '._  W    ,--'     
    |_:_._/
ssvenss

Activity: 381
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 05:38:51 PM

one of the fav coins, amazing team and support!

I am one with the first Komodo investors, and am glad that I trusted them with my money
okie dokie

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 05:42:44 PM

i did not
if LockTime is set and it is for more than 10KMD and you use a wallet that knows how to spend the accrued interest, you will get it as change.

so you likely will need to do 2 transactions to get all of it into a different account.

So does the kmd paper wallet generator that you guys released set the locktime?

ie: if we use the paperwallet and generate an address, then send to it, interest will accrue?

or is it the sender that sets locktime.

Do these places set locktime?

scenario 1. Sent for Bittrex
scenario 2. Sent from shapeshift
scenario 3. Sent from agama
jl777B

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 09:16:22 PM

i did not

So does the kmd paper wallet generator that you guys released set the locktime?

ie: if we use the paperwallet and generate an address, then send to it, interest will accrue?

or is it the sender that sets locktime.

Do these places set locktime?

scenario 1. Sent for Bittrex
scenario 2. Sent from shapeshift
scenario 3. Sent from agama
all those scenarios should be setting the locktime, but I will repeat AGAIN, if you want to be sure that your funds are accruing interest, you must check the explorer with the txid that sent you the funds.

If LockTime is set to 15... (about 1.5 billion) the it is set properly, no worries.
If not, you are not accruing interest

and yes, the sender sets the locktime, that is why I say to check the explorer for you txid since at that moment it is decided whether you are accruing interest or not
jwiz168

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 03:17:27 AM

Monaize ICO is fast approaching. Has Komodo team ready for it  ? I can't see any wallet useful as of the moment and I am still using KMD Swing which is so slow loading but reliable than Agama Wallet .
miningpoolhub
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1006

Mining Pool Hub

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2017, 06:28:20 AM

What is recommended wallet repository for mining pool?
(I mean stable release)

https://github.com/jl777/komodo
beta branch is written at
https://github.com/SuperNETorg/komodo/wiki/Installing-Komodo-Manually
But beta branch is changing frequently and I feel like it's not for most people.

Last official release date is 9 Sep 2016. Is it stable official version?
https://github.com/jl777/komodo/releases

Also I wonder what is https://github.com/SuperNETorg/komodo repository?
What's the relationship between jl777 and SuperNetorg.
Sorry I'm new to Komodo world and it's a bit difficult to figure out these.

Is there anyone who can explain which is the main, official komodo repository safe to run for mining pool?

Mining Pool Hub - https://miningpoolhub.com
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 08:22:26 AM

(I mean stable release)

But beta branch is changing frequently and I feel like it's not for most people.

Is there anyone who can explain which is the main, official komodo repository safe to run for mining pool?

Beta is the most stable of all the repos. I think the komodo repo under jl777 just gets copied to SuperNETorg.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

jl777B

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 11:43:26 AM

(I mean stable release)

Beta is the most stable of all the repos. I think the komodo repo under jl777 just gets copied to SuperNETorg.
from the readme:

We have a release process that goes through several stages before it reaches master. This allows the most conservative users just use the master branch, which is only updated after the other branches have signed off on a release.

99% of the activity is in the dev branch, this is where I am testing each change one by one and there are literally thousands of updates. Only use this branch if you really want to be on the bleeding edge. I try to keep things stable, but there are times where necessarily there are bugs in the dev branch, since I am actively developing and debugging here. A good rule is to wait for at least 4 hours from the last update before using the dev branch (unless you know what you are doing)

After things look good in the dev branch, it is propagated to the beta branch, this is the version the notary nodes use. They are knowledegable command line server guys and so they have a keen eye for anything that wasnt caught during the dev cycle.

After the notary nodes verify things are working and the latest release is deemed stable, it is propagated to the dPoW branch. From here an automated Jenkins process builds it for all OS, and since the notary nodes are all unix, it is possible for some issues to be caught at this stage. The dPoW branch is what goes into the GUI installers.

After the GUI are updated and released and it is verified that no significant support issues were created, the master branch is finally updated.

Master branch: exchanges and users that build from the repo without changing branches
dPoW branch: autobuild into GUI installers, unix, osx, windows
beta branch: notary nodes, command line unix
dev branch: bleeding edge, possibly wont even compile, multiple updates per hour

bastol85

Activity: 62
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 11:51:14 AM

I use Agama v0.2.0.22a-beta

Only version that ever worked for me. (tried swing and agamas prior versions without complete installer)

Aside from the 1.5hours (litteraly) that it takes to show my balance from launch (Activating best chain...) it works very well, and interest collection is extremely easy.
jl777B

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 12:35:08 PM

Only version that ever worked for me. (tried swing and agamas prior versions without complete installer)

Aside from the 1.5hours (litteraly) that it takes to show my balance from launch (Activating best chain...) it works very well, and interest collection is extremely easy.
we sped up initial loading 4x, maybe more for windows, depends on the system.

next version should work even better for you. thanks for posting a positive result
BHTeam

Activity: 336

https://www.crypto-coinz.net

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2017, 12:37:05 PM

Guys,

I am really proud to announce my site
https://www.crypto-coinz.net/crypto-currency-statistics/

Here you will find real time info for KOMODO Global Hash rate, Difficulty, and exchange rates.
Also many guides about crypto HOW-TOs and hardware repairs for video cards. I am currently writing most of the articles.

I hope you find it useful.

Smiley

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  Crypto-Coinz  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Guides | Calculator | Currency Statsitics | Masternode Calculator | Monitor Creator
▬▬▬▬  HUSH  KMD  ZEC  ZCL  ZER  ZEN  XZC  BSD  BTCZ  SIGT  VOT  ▬▬▬▬
CoinBeastie

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 03:38:05 PM

next version should work even better for you. thanks for posting a positive result

Can confirm. Version works fine, except for the long wait after a relaunch of program.
What's new for me: When claiming interest today it generated a new address for destination of payment.
I was a little bit surprised, when the green sign indicated a new address and my balance remained 0 for a moment.

Is swap day still the 15 october? I remenber once it was 31 but then changed because of monaize ico. But now monaize ico is about 30 days ahead.
jl777B

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:16:15 PM

Can confirm. Version works fine, except for the long wait after a relaunch of program.
What's new for me: When claiming interest today it generated a new address for destination of payment.
I was a little bit surprised, when the green sign indicated a new address and my balance remained 0 for a moment.

Is swap day still the 15 october? I remenber once it was 31 but then changed because of monaize ico. But now monaize ico is about 30 days ahead.
october 15th, yes.

bitcoin change works that way, but you can always combine it into a single address after it comes in
Pages: « 1 ... 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 [616] 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: