Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:12:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 [681] 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191699 times)
abbv21b

Activity: 161
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:27:33 PM

About the BTCD swap: If all the BTCD supply is not swapped by the 15th of January, there will be a small portion of BTCD (less than 20%, cuz according to bitcoindark.com "over 80% ... has been swapped") in circulation. Indeed, the coin won't be maintained, but if users want to keep the blockchain running they could. This seems to create room for some crazy speculation (very high price due to scarcity), unless of course exchanges unlist BTCD, well it could still be exchanged OTC but I think not being on exchanges will considerably limit the trades, thus helping BTCD to die peacefully. I don't recall having read anything about exchanges stopping BTCD support, I would expect them to do so as BTCD will no longer be maintained but one never knows. Any thoughts/infos?
It hasnt been maintained in forever, exchanges still list it and it trades

more like 93% has been swapped, estimated 5% lost forever, so maybe 2% left to swap or live on as zombie coin

Is https://ico.komodoplatform.com/ still working? I have not swapped and can't register either. Registration sends the email but when I try to login the site says "Email not registered".
dimifi

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 10:29:44 PM

Bought a lot few days back at 24 and it tanked to 19-18 Sad why you guys have such weak hands?
DinglikeRiri

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:08:15 PM

Im exploring a bit on Barterdex. Im trying to do my first swap but I get this error "can't find alice utxo that is close enough in size". Im sorry if this has been adressed before but I could use any help I could get.
I changed the error message to:

"cant find a deposit that is close enough in size. make another deposit that is just a bit larger than what you want to trade"

one difference with barterDEX is you are exchanging specific deposits (utxo) and at first if you make only one, you dont have enough as the atomic swap protocol requires 2. Once you do your first swaps, the change automatically creates more outputs (utxo) so it is less and less a problem.

Another issue is that currently we dont have that many marketmakers, so it is harder to find an ordermatch. New release will improve this situation as I just created a way for end users to be marketmakers with a single simple api command:

example scripts: auto_chipskmd/auto_chipsbtc

curl --url "http://127.0.0.1:7783" --data "{\"userpass\":\"$userpass\",\"method\":\"autoprice\",\"base\":\"CHIPS\",\"rel\":\"KMD\",\"margin\":0.01,\"refbase\":\"chips\",\"refrel\":\"coinmarketcap\"}"

curl --url "http://127.0.0.1:7783" --data "{\"userpass\":\"$userpass\",\"method\":\"autoprice\",\"base\":\"CHIPS\",\"rel\":\"BTC\",\"margin\":0.01,\"refbase\":\"chips\",\"refrel\":\"coinmarketcap\"}"

this allows you to be a marketmaker with a single simple command where you specify the profit margin relative to CMC price. dont worry, the GUI will make a simple form where you can specify the COIN, KMD or BTC and the margin. Click and you are a marketmaker! No need for a LP (Liquidity Provider) node, even normal non-relaying nodes can be a marketmaker in barterDEX, and even if you are using electrum. It can even be configured to do 0conf swaps. It really is hard to describe all the advances that are rolled into a single seamless solution.

just set the margin big enough to deal with market price fluctuations

auto_chipskmd prices in KMD, auto_chipsbtc prices in BTC, automatically in the orderbooks as long as your node is running.

i think it must be the absolute easiest way ever to setup a marketmaking. also being the bob (maker) side there is no dexfee

especially for marketmaking, the LM (Liquidity Multiplier) feature is quite useful as you can have a lot more active orders at the same time. when marketmaking it is a waiting game, so setup the autoprice and be patient

you can also make manual orders while market making

Ah okay got it now. Made small transactions 3-4 times for it to work. Will deposit more now.
I have two more questions in general if you have time to answer. If Barterdex takes off are you going to be able to handle all the traffic that exchanges handle today? Also regarding ICO's, can companies that want to launch an ICO get in trouble if they use Komodo considering it is decentralized and not "regulated". Talking about the future where new regulations might come?
jl777B

Activity: 476
Merit: 133

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:28:42 PM

Im exploring a bit on Barterdex. Im trying to do my first swap but I get this error "can't find alice utxo that is close enough in size". Im sorry if this has been adressed before but I could use any help I could get.
I changed the error message to:

"cant find a deposit that is close enough in size. make another deposit that is just a bit larger than what you want to trade"

one difference with barterDEX is you are exchanging specific deposits (utxo) and at first if you make only one, you dont have enough as the atomic swap protocol requires 2. Once you do your first swaps, the change automatically creates more outputs (utxo) so it is less and less a problem.

Another issue is that currently we dont have that many marketmakers, so it is harder to find an ordermatch. New release will improve this situation as I just created a way for end users to be marketmakers with a single simple api command:

example scripts: auto_chipskmd/auto_chipsbtc

curl --url "http://127.0.0.1:7783" --data "{\"userpass\":\"$userpass\",\"method\":\"autoprice\",\"base\":\"CHIPS\",\"rel\":\"KMD\",\"margin\":0.01,\"refbase\":\"chips\",\"refrel\":\"coinmarketcap\"}"

curl --url "http://127.0.0.1:7783" --data "{\"userpass\":\"$userpass\",\"method\":\"autoprice\",\"base\":\"CHIPS\",\"rel\":\"BTC\",\"margin\":0.01,\"refbase\":\"chips\",\"refrel\":\"coinmarketcap\"}"

this allows you to be a marketmaker with a single simple command where you specify the profit margin relative to CMC price. dont worry, the GUI will make a simple form where you can specify the COIN, KMD or BTC and the margin. Click and you are a marketmaker! No need for a LP (Liquidity Provider) node, even normal non-relaying nodes can be a marketmaker in barterDEX, and even if you are using electrum. It can even be configured to do 0conf swaps. It really is hard to describe all the advances that are rolled into a single seamless solution.

just set the margin big enough to deal with market price fluctuations

auto_chipskmd prices in KMD, auto_chipsbtc prices in BTC, automatically in the orderbooks as long as your node is running.

i think it must be the absolute easiest way ever to setup a marketmaking. also being the bob (maker) side there is no dexfee

especially for marketmaking, the LM (Liquidity Multiplier) feature is quite useful as you can have a lot more active orders at the same time. when marketmaking it is a waiting game, so setup the autoprice and be patient

you can also make manual orders while market making

Ah okay got it now. Made small transactions 3-4 times for it to work. Will deposit more now.
I have two more questions in general if you have time to answer. If Barterdex takes off are you going to be able to handle all the traffic that exchanges handle today? Also regarding ICO's, can companies that want to launch an ICO get in trouble if they use Komodo considering it is decentralized and not "regulated". Talking about the future where new regulations might come?
If needed it is possible to setup multiple barterDEX networks. each node is actually a fully self-contained mini-exchange, that happens to be able to connect to others.

So it would be a matter of grouping the nodes, likely via trading pairs/reference currency
Maybe there would be a way to bridge multiple of these networks together, sort of an internet of barterDEX p2p networks.

Clearly, we cant go immediately to the level of volumes that exchanges have overnight. But as long as the growth isnt too crazy, we should be able to keep up.

I would imagine any sane regulations would have some reasonable level of purchase that doesnt have to go through KYC. Would they really require KYC for a 1 satoshi purchase? 10 satoshis? Where is the line drawn? No idea. And will they be sane? unfortunately I fear the desperation will lead to insane regulations. Regulations so onerous that people will think twice about conforming.

as long as there is some minimum exempt amount, then there shouldnt be any big troubles. If dICO is banned, then for those countries, residents would need to create "offshore" entities
sadmedley

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:38:02 PM

About the BTCD swap: If all the BTCD supply is not swapped by the 15th of January, there will be a small portion of BTCD (less than 20%, cuz according to bitcoindark.com "over 80% ... has been swapped") in circulation. Indeed, the coin won't be maintained, but if users want to keep the blockchain running they could. This seems to create room for some crazy speculation (very high price due to scarcity), unless of course exchanges unlist BTCD, well it could still be exchanged OTC but I think not being on exchanges will considerably limit the trades, thus helping BTCD to die peacefully. I don't recall having read anything about exchanges stopping BTCD support, I would expect them to do so as BTCD will no longer be maintained but one never knows. Any thoughts/infos?

more like 93% has been swapped, estimated 5% lost forever, so maybe 2% left to swap or live on as zombie coin

(Of course this won't matter if all of it is swapped.)

It never will be all. Even i lost due a HDD crash last year even "only" 100btcd i was still holding since 2015 time and staking for the love of jl777 <3 this 0.3 btcd stakes would have made me rich now -.- it was more at the beginning but i had to live from something and fucked up my 650btcd tressure. i also participated into the cryptocard asset but it seems after one pump there was no more action.

I would love to invest into komodo since i trust jl777 in the hope it will go same way as btcd finally did. but iam not sure if cryptomarket is atm overvalued. because i would belike  selling atm parts of my coins and get profit.. so what would u guys advice?
bitkokos2

Activity: 666
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 12:04:58 AM

attention users stock cryptopia! deposits are not credited to KMD for the second day! those support is silent! the coins are listed on the purses of the stock exchange cryptopia!

Cryptopia needs 20 confirmations for KMD. Check how many you have.
Be careful with cryptopia some coins need 200 confirmations to be deposited in there.
MoneyJ

Activity: 1022
Merit: 504

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 12:22:11 AM

Komodo platform is  really gaining traction now that the world is aware of the potentials crypto investments may bring. Bitcoin is now introduced to CBOE, the rest may follow.

█████████████████████████████
████▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀▀████▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀████
███▀ ███████▄ ██ ▄██████▄ ███
███ ████▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████████████
███▄ ███████▀ █▄ ▀██████▀▀███
████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄████▄ ▀▀▀▀ ▄████
.GoMeat.  300+ STORES ALREADY ONBOARD
 THE FIRST PROJECT OF ITS KIND

ONLY 160K TOKENS REMAINING
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
lsteele2000

Activity: 19

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 01:54:30 AM

(Of course this won't matter if all of it is swapped.)

It never will be all. Even i lost due a HDD crash last year even "only" 100btcd i was still holding since 2015 time and staking for the love of jl777 <3 this 0.3 btcd stakes would have made me rich now -.- it was more at the beginning but i had to live from something and fucked up my 650btcd tressure. i also participated into the cryptocard asset but it seems after one pump there was no more action.

I would love to invest into komodo since i trust jl777 in the hope it will go same way as btcd finally did. but iam not sure if cryptomarket is atm overvalued. because i would belike  selling atm parts of my coins and get profit.. so what would u guys advice?
free advice and worth every penny. Don't risk more than you can afford to take a total loss on. Before taking a position be clear about your time frame, target goal and and stop loss limit. Before all, don't take a position unless you're clear about why it's a good investment.
That said, if you're concerned about a bubble in crypto ( as long at there's talk of a bubble i'm skeptical we're at the top ) consider how kmd has for whatever reason not moved much relative to btc and the potential of the platform. What hasn't gone up has less to come down.
cctap

Activity: 24

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 02:41:18 AM

I want to run this on ubuntu.

How do I install this? Is this a stand alone program?

Thank You
Sincere_

Activity: 716

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 04:40:05 AM

Kmd future is really bright despite the dip in price recently because of the rise of Btc but it hasn't dipped that low so should be good buy opportunity for ones that actually want to get in
well i think currently there arent many coins that can stand that price explosion in bitcoin but if bitcoin stops to explode its the time of some good altcoins like komodo.

Yes I totally agree there's one I can name and it's waves but that still even dipped kmd will have it chance looks like it's starting to slow down but yes once bitcoin slows or stops it will be alts and true kmd is up for moon departure
chem96

Activity: 1330
Merit: 217

https://lifinity.io/

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:39:26 AM

What is better to mine Komodo? AMD or Nvidia?
Mining KMD (Komodo) is equialent to mine any coin on Equihash algo, so you can find any comparsion charts with various GPU for Equihash, and it'll be applicable for KMD. For example, 3 x NVidia GTX 1080 8 Gb with EWBF miner gives hashrate about 1.4-1.5 KSol/s (without overclocking).

Other example:

• AMD RX470 8 Gb Mining Edition - ~280 Sol/s (Claymore ZCash AMD GPU Miner v12.6)
  • GeForce GTX 1060 6 Gb - ~231,89 Sol/s (ccminer x64 v2.2.2)
  • GeForce GTX 1060 6 Gb - ~265,00 Sol/s (EWBF 0.3.4b)

Thanks
but according to whattomine is more profitable to mine and sell ZEC then buy some KMD than directly mining KMD.
I red that this difficulty to mine KMD was wished from the dev. I don't really understand the benefits.

ASNXT

Activity: 145
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:56:05 AM

Mining KMD (Komodo) is equialent to mine any coin on Equihash algo, so you can find any comparsion charts with various GPU for Equihash, and it'll be applicable for KMD. For example, 3 x NVidia GTX 1080 8 Gb with EWBF miner gives hashrate about 1.4-1.5 KSol/s (without overclocking).

Other example:

• AMD RX470 8 Gb Mining Edition - ~280 Sol/s (Claymore ZCash AMD GPU Miner v12.6)

Thanks
but according to whattomine is more profitable to mine and sell ZEC then buy some KMD than directly mining KMD.
I red that this difficulty to mine KMD was wished from the dev. I don't really understand the benefits.

Claymore 12.6
RX Vega ~ 470 sols
R9 390X Strix ~ 410 sols

take ZenCash instead. And about BarterDex you get the komodos.

jl777B

Activity: 476
Merit: 133

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:06:16 AM

Other example:

Thanks

effective hash rate is determined by actual hashrate, calibrated during the 64 block free for all every 2000 blocks. I have no control over what the difficulty is, whoever said that misunderstood.

notary nodes get to mine a single low diff block once per 65 blocks.
bitkokos2

Activity: 666

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 08:28:52 AM

Hello. How many confirmations are needed for btcd to be deposited to the btcd-kmd exchange?
I sent a small part of btcd before sending the whole amount. I got 11 confirmations but the amount is not deposited.
crashcup

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 08:50:31 AM

Massive buy wall on bittrex. Time to buy!
Yawmagoth

Activity: 21

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 08:54:47 AM

Hello, cant find on site. What algoritm use Komodo?
asuusa

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 08:59:28 AM

Great the test is ongoing and from the testaments of the users, bugs still exist which is expected before the official launch. But I guess the substance of operation is flowing. Minor adjustments to GUI related products are the only things that need to do.
Decker

Activity: 119
Merit: 61

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 09:01:59 AM

Equihash.

Yawmagoth

Activity: 21

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 09:11:19 AM

Equihash.

Thx. Can You give me a link. Want read about it.
Decker

Activity: 119
Merit: 61

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 09:14:41 AM

Thx. Can You give me a link. Want read about it.
About what? Komodo? dPOW? Equihash?

You can read base info on https://komodoplatform.com/ in Technology -> Whitepapers section.

Pages: « 1 ... 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 [681] 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: