Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:45:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 [764] 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191717 times)
polycryptoblog

Activity: 383
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 08:29:40 PM

When the KMD dev sees a flaw in our code and chooses to exploit it, it's a problem. Do you think we intended for Komodo genesis notaries to be able to mine free coins? Was that our mistake, hell yes it was and it was a damn bad one because it turns out the KMD devs are not to be trusted.
Why do you so sure that was KMD dev team members mined your coin? Believe me, i wish your project only bright future and if you will implement in it something new and useful to the community, for example, new tech or another interest solution - it will be great. But, unfortunatelly, currently SAFE coin looks like scam. Why i think so? Let's look:

1. If it was serious long time project - devs never release this code with KMD notaries public keys inside. Have you heard anything about the stages of the software development life cycle? Before release every software should going through many checks, tests and this is months of hard work.
2. Unfortunatelly, we don't see any work here. SAFE coin devs just forked (i wish to call it "copy & paste", like in middle school) KMD sources, changed KMD strings on SAFE and tried to introduce it as new project. Do you think it's seriously? Will you deny that no one of devs has even tried to understand the essence of how this works? From side look like "devs" of SAFE don't tried to clarify for itselfs too much moments inside a code. Otherwise, they would have created their own notary.
3. Ok. Let's explain that SAFE is not one-day project, not scam ... what we have? Only copy & pasted sources and few screenshots in SAFE thread, which can be drawn in maximum per hour. Whitepaper? No. Official site - doesn't work. Explorer? Haven't.

What SAFE have you may asked? Only topic on this forum with a few screenshots, copy & pasted code, and ambitious statements and charges. Nothing more (currently).

p.s. About mining. Everybody could start safe coin daemon with one of notaries public key and mine SAFE. Also, everybody could start mining with all notaries_elected pubkeys. Why? For example, to show people this project is not serious, even if its developers do not understand how it works. Of course, if somebody mined SAFE with komodo's notaries pubkeys - he can't spent it without privkeys, but in order to show the incompetence of developers - this is enough.

1. Notaries were planned for a later stage, and yes the harmfulness of leaving those in the code, was overseen and your dev gladly used this error to snatch some coins - however he screwed that up and for the SAFE community it looked like a deliberate attack first (until clarification that is was meant to be 'only' a little coin grabbing activity)
2. SAFE is about 2 month old, how much new feastures do you expect in that short time frame from a small group of part-time devs? Please be realistic
3. There is a website (safecoin.org) , please check it out, there were two block explorers (before the fork) and overall the community was quite happy with the progress until your Dev fucked it all up during his lil' raid.

Safecoin is a scam coin. Created only for pump and dump. What kind of delusional brain deaded people blame others for their own mistake. What kind of idiot copy and paste source code and release without checking? Safecoin says it's dPOW, where is the proof?

Just go away you mean ill-minded trolls.

So, how they scammed anyone? There was not even one offer to buy or sell coins.
Please inform yourself before making any accusations. Thanks.

They are frauds,  if they dont have notaries and are not notarizing yet claim to be using DPoW
SlickRick

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 08:35:57 PM

When the KMD dev sees a flaw in our code and chooses to exploit it, it's a problem. Do you think we intended for Komodo genesis notaries to be able to mine free coins? Was that our mistake, hell yes it was and it was a damn bad one because it turns out the KMD devs are not to be trusted.
Why do you so sure that was KMD dev team members mined your coin? Believe me, i wish your project only bright future and if you will implement in it something new and useful to the community, for example, new tech or another interest solution - it will be great. But, unfortunatelly, currently SAFE coin looks like scam. Why i think so? Let's look:

1. If it was serious long time project - devs never release this code with KMD notaries public keys inside. Have you heard anything about the stages of the software development life cycle? Before release every software should going through many checks, tests and this is months of hard work.
2. Unfortunatelly, we don't see any work here. SAFE coin devs just forked (i wish to call it "copy & paste", like in middle school) KMD sources, changed KMD strings on SAFE and tried to introduce it as new project. Do you think it's seriously? Will you deny that no one of devs has even tried to understand the essence of how this works? From side look like "devs" of SAFE don't tried to clarify for itselfs too much moments inside a code. Otherwise, they would have created their own notary.
3. Ok. Let's explain that SAFE is not one-day project, not scam ... what we have? Only copy & pasted sources and few screenshots in SAFE thread, which can be drawn in maximum per hour. Whitepaper? No. Official site - doesn't work. Explorer? Haven't.

What SAFE have you may asked? Only topic on this forum with a few screenshots, copy & pasted code, and ambitious statements and charges. Nothing more (currently).

p.s. About mining. Everybody could start safe coin daemon with one of notaries public key and mine SAFE. Also, everybody could start mining with all notaries_elected pubkeys. Why? For example, to show people this project is not serious, even if its developers do not understand how it works. Of course, if somebody mined SAFE with komodo's notaries pubkeys - he can't spent it without privkeys, but in order to show the incompetence of developers - this is enough.

1. Notaries were planned for a later stage, and yes the harmfulness of leaving those in the code, was overseen and your dev gladly used this error to snatch some coins - however he screwed that up and for the SAFE community it looked like a deliberate attack first (until clarification that is was meant to be 'only' a little coin grabbing activity)
2. SAFE is about 2 month old, how much new feastures do you expect in that short time frame from a small group of part-time devs? Please be realistic
3. There is a website (safecoin.org) , please check it out, there were two block explorers (before the fork) and overall the community was quite happy with the progress until your Dev fucked it all up during his lil' raid.

Safecoin is a scam coin. Created only for pump and dump. What kind of delusional brain deaded people blame others for their own mistake. What kind of idiot copy and paste source code and release without checking? Safecoin says it's dPOW, where is the proof?

They are frauds,  if they dont have notaries and are not notarizing yet claim to be using DPoW

Actually who gives a Sh.. about this dPoW stuff for a coin that is not even listed on any market? Maybe our dev thought it KMD is a well advanced tech and did not expect this to be buggy as fuck.
Thas was his mistake in the first please, but does not shed a good light to KMD as well.
polycryptoblog

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 08:40:25 PM

Actually who gives a Sh.. about this dPoW stuff for a coin that is not even listed on any market? Maybe our dev thought it KMD is a well advanced tech and did not expect this to be buggy as fuck.
Thas was his mistake in the first please, but does not shed a good light to KMD as well.

The code isnt buggy, your devs didnt implement it correctly. 

DPoW is actually a service,  and you say that you are providing it but you are not.  That is fraud.   

SHossainKMD

Activity: 43

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 08:47:08 PM

All these accounts trolling are newbie accounts. Only screams scam! Where you will be thankful and happy that a bug has been found, instead you are blaming for your own mistake. Do you also blame god for making you this way with some bugs in you? You copy-paste someone's code, you make mistake and blame others. Only means blind trolls.
SlickRick

Activity: 13

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 08:56:43 PM

All these accounts trolling are newbie accounts. Only screams scam! Where you will be thankful and happy that a bug has been found, instead you are blaming for your own mistake. Do you also blame god for making you this way with some bugs in you? You copy-paste someone's code, you make mistake and blame others. Only means blind trolls.

Look, I don't want to troll, but somehow discussions often end up like this, because there are two sides of the story.
Yes, I admit that our dev oversaw this vulnerability during the implementation but it was also not good behaviour to try to use this error to get greedy and fuck up the whole network instead of just informing the safe community that there might be vulnerabilities. I bet our dev would have given him much greater rewards than he was able to grab by himself.

I am done now, because I know I cannot convince anyone here and that is fine, but seeing the behaviour of the involved persons in the last few days (our community members and some of yours) I made my decision what is the more "ethical" way to go and which intensions were behind.
I wish your project all the best but if someone comes along and wants to build something new on your platform (in the spirit of open source) don't push them around as you did with us.
Decker

Activity: 119
Merit: 61

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 09:28:22 PM

gfigg42, anyway - currently i see only words, like "we planned dPOW in future", "we will do ... ", "we will send people to Mars" ... in future ... may be ... But on Git - i see only copy&pasted code and bunch of "fixes", hasty attempts to correct mistakes of SAFE devs misunderstandings basics.

And all blames and insults here - don't look good and reduce your credibility among community, at least because these insults against creators of 99.999999999% of SAFE sources. It's better to don't waste time here on "bad words" and focus on your project.

gfigg42

Activity: 52

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:16:03 PM

gfigg42, anyway - currently i see only words, like "we planned dPOW in future", "we will do ... ", "we will send people to Mars" ... in future ... may be ... But on Git - i see only copy&pasted code and bunch of "fixes", hasty attempts to correct mistakes of SAFE devs misunderstandings basics.

And all blames and insults here - don't look good and reduce your credibility among community, at least because these insults against creators of 99.999999999% of SAFE sources. It's better to don't waste time here on "bad words" and focus on your project.

We were focused on our project until their little stunt blew up in both our faces. Since then we have been "focused" enough to accomplish a fork that KMD did not think we could manage. We've restarted our chain, and removed the notary node vulnerability. For now we function as a pure POW coin like 99.99% of the coins out there. Implementation of further features is common in forks and we fully intend to embrace dPoW but in our way. KMD wants new code? They just got some and they're going to see more. Is that enough "focus" for you?

Perhaps KMD could use some of this "focus" on their own coin instead of shitting on a tiny fork coin because they thought we weren't sufficiently bending the knee to our masters? How about some "focus" on what's important to their coin, not their overblown egos. We respect the KMD code or we wouldn't have undertaken this project. We believe it's the best there is or we wouldn't be here dealing with this bullshit.

There may be other vulnerabilities in our fork. We are not gods. Perhaps KMD would be kind enough to point them out to us instead of conspiring for new ways to exploit them?
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:37:13 PM

We were focused on our project until their little stunt blew up in both our faces. Since then we have been "focused" enough to accomplish a fork that KMD did not think we could manage. We've restarted our chain, and removed the notary node vulnerability. For now we function as a pure POW coin like 99.99% of the coins out there. Implementation of further features is common in forks and we fully intend to embrace dPoW but in our way. KMD wants new code? They just got some and they're going to see more. Is that enough "focus" for you?

Perhaps KMD could use some of this "focus" on their own coin instead of shitting on a tiny fork coin because they thought we weren't sufficiently bending the knee to our masters? How about some "focus" on what's important to their coin, not their overblown egos. We respect the KMD code or we wouldn't have undertaken this project. We believe it's the best there is or we wouldn't be here dealing with this bullshit.

There may be other vulnerabilities in our fork. We are not gods. Perhaps KMD would be kind enough to point them out to us instead of conspiring for new ways to exploit them?

Edit your thread then to reflect that you are, in fact, not using dPOW and NOT secured by Bitcoin. It's misleading otherwise.
MoneyJ

Activity: 1022
Merit: 504

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 01:09:48 AM

Notary nodes providers are in arms defending dPoW from a wannabee benefactor of the technology. Let him spread false hood that eventually nobody would ever believe his/her statements. Komodo is an open source software that anybody could replicate it but  without in-depth knowledge of this super complex dPoW architecture. The said copier will find it hard to implement.

█████████████████████████████
████▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀▀████▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀████
███▀ ███████▄ ██ ▄██████▄ ███
███ ████▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████████████
███▄ ███████▀ █▄ ▀██████▀▀███
████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄████▄ ▀▀▀▀ ▄████
.GoMeat.  300+ STORES ALREADY ONBOARD
 THE FIRST PROJECT OF ITS KIND

ONLY 160K TOKENS REMAINING
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
gfigg42

Activity: 52

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 01:17:55 AM

Notary nodes providers are in arms defending dPoW from a wannabee benefactor of the technology. Let him spread false hood that eventually nobody would ever believe his/her statements. Komodo is an open source software that anybody could replicate it but  without in-depth knowledge of this super complex dPoW architecture. The said copier will find it hard to implement.

Bizarre. Where have I said anything negative about dPoW that would require anyone to defend dPoW? It's fantastic tech.

We accept the challenge. You can laugh if we fail.
ComputerGenie

Activity: 1092
Merit: 552

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 01:53:05 AM

...Where have I said anything negative about dPoW that would require anyone to defend dPoW?...
ummm....
patch malicious komodo dev team hack
https://github.com/Fair-Exchange/safecoin/commit/b0f7f211ba8738aad340662b9bfe9655c335446f
final removal of malicious KMD notary nodes

https://github.com/Fair-Exchange/safecoin/commit/e8fbb370d57314fc056d0d80978e526dd6226185

If you have to ask "why?", you wouldn`t understand my answer.
Always be on the look out, because you never know when you'll be stalked by hit-men that eat nothing but cream cheese....
CHMEX

Activity: 115
Merit: 11

https://dexstats.info

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 06:40:25 AM

I would like to share today a report I made analyzing the usage of the KMD chain.

https://dexstats.info/docs/Komodo_Transactions.pdf

Usage is the most important factor of giving a network a specific value. KMD is currently at a trx count of ZEC (Zcash) and XMR (Monero).

With the increased usage of Barterdex the trx count will increase also by adding more notarized chains to the KMD ecosystem we will see more transactions which ultimately will increase the value of the Komodo Network.

| K O M O D O's DEX | DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE |
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |
KomodoPlatform

Activity: 784
Merit: 253

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 12:56:03 PM

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AECOSYSTEFONATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
SHossainKMD

Activity: 43

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 04:03:22 PM

Komodo 2.0 in Simple Words
by jl777
25 March 2018

The security alone is enough to justify it as assetchains need to be secured, but now that it exists it turns out to enable smartchain combos where multiple smartchains can all be combined into a combined set of chains that are all able to validate consensus in the other chains, relying on the notarized MoM (Merkle root of Merkle) data.

KMD is the repository for all the MoM notarizations. So on the KMD chain (secured by BTC notarization) is a record of MoM that spans all the notarizing chains block's merkle roots.

Each block has a merkle root that allows for any txid in that block to be verified, given the merkle root and an SPV proof. So, if you have the raw txbytes, you can validate the txid and if you have the SPV proof, you can validate that the txid is in that block. This is standard SPV validation.

Take it one step further.

Now we have notarizations happening every so often. In each a MoM is added, which is the merkle root of merkle roots for all blocks from that notarization height backwards to the previous notarization. Just as you can verify that a txid was in a block, we can therefore verify that a block with a specific merkle root was notarized! So combine it with being able to validate any transaction happened in a specific merkle root and we get that we can validate that a specific transaction happened on a specific chain. And, it can be any chain that is notarized, and all this info is in the KMD chain.

Once you can comprehend the above, you will realize that this totally solves the scalability issue of smart contracts.

Without using some untested massively complex and hard to understand new tech. It builds on proven SPV validation. SBV I guess, simple block validation. Validate a tx happened in a block and validate that that specific block was notarized in a specific blockchain.

The other shoe that is needed to understand is that each smartchain can have one or more special evaluation functions that can be literally anything you can write code to validate. Can be about mutating kittens, or whether a certain address did a certain transaction, whatever can be coded into a true/false evaluation funtion. The CC (Crypto Contracts) script can be based on that.

So, we get BTC secured cross chain CC scripts with arbitrary chain specific evaluation functions. No sharding needed as all data for each smartchain only exists on that chain. So, while all the other platforms struggle to implement these crazy complicated whitepaper solutions, we are debugging the simple scaling solution.

The paper for it will be written after it is completed, but it wont be very long as it is building on notarization security, CC and SPV validation which already has a lot of history.

Well, already during implementation we went down one road. Found an insoluble flaw and had to backtrack.

This is why I like to be a simple C programmer. No need to figure out really complicated whitepapers, just the simplest solution that does the job.
flowjob

Activity: 130
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 04:14:19 PM

Hello everybody.

thought i mention my own proposal for the notary nodes election: https://github.com/KomodoPlatform/NotaryNodes/tree/master/proposals/cipi

I'm part of the KMD team and my name in slack is @cipi (it was already in use here on bitcointalk). I am with KMD from the very beginning (since the swap from BTCD), currently running 2 marketmaker nodes for BarterDEX and 6 electrum servers on AWS. If i am elected i will reinvest part of the income into upgrading this electrum servers. I plan to upgrade to larger instances (mainly because of the memory) and also to set up more of them. Since I've configured them so that you get connected to the one with the least latency, this will help make it a bit faster for the user. For the ones that want to know the details, this is the list of the electrum servers that are up and running: https://github.com/KomodoPlatform/BarterDEX/blob/dev/gui/js/electrum_list.js. The ones for BTC, GRS, HODLC, QTUM, OOT and SNG are not "mine", all others are.

Some additional words about me: I am a UNIX sysadmin with more than 20 years of experience and i worked for 3 employers:
- a server hoster (the usual data center operations)
- a company providing software and hardware for air traffic control. There i cared for the servers of some national ATCs (eg. DFS) and also some airports (eg. Singapur and Abu Dhabi)
- the last job i had was taking care of the servers of a german public TV station

I recently quit my last job in order to concentrate 100% on Komodo, BarterDEX and the Notary nodes. You could say that I am a bit dependent on having at least one node so I do not have to starve :-)

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AN ECOSYSTEM FOR NATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Decentralized Crowdfunding | Decentralized Exchange | Bitcoin Security | Zero-Knowledge Proofs | Blockchain Interoperability | Scalable Infrastructure
john1962

Activity: 46

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 04:26:54 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2018, 04:47:48 PM by john1962

I do not expect much from this project
It's an excellent scam team Smiley Smiley Smiley
Just as they left a project BitcoinDark (BTCD)
Will leave this project also .... Every investor to study the matter well
It's an unsafe project
The staff list contains fake names and fake photos
Make sure it's up to you
I challenge anyone here who can prove to us the fact of having a crew in fact.
peddycb

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 04:52:22 PM

john1962 I think weird that from your side only garbage comes... ( Jr. Member )

well everyone can be part of yes think which is central and decentralized

and this chit coin ( SAFE ) has shown that he is not  Cool

polycryptoblog

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 04:57:10 PM

It's an excellent scam team Smiley Smiley Smiley
Just as they left a project BitcoinDark (BTCD)
Will leave this project also .... Every investor to study the matter well
It's an unsafe project
The staff list contains fake names and fake photos
Make sure it's up to you
I challenge anyone here who can prove to us the fact of having a crew in fact.

Bitcoindark was swapped for Komodo and people had over a year to do so.  Komodo is Bitcoindark's evolution.

Many of the team members , myself included are public.   Some are not, and that is ok with us.

Go Troll elsewhere
Decker

Activity: 119
Merit: 61

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 05:18:58 PM

I like one quote: "Never argue with fools, they will lower you to their level and win in their territory" ... everyone decides himself to whom apply it here.

Komodo - is one of the safest and dynamically developing projects currently. Arguments not needed, everyone who has ever used BarterDEX, kept KMD and assetchains, created his own blockchain on KomodoPlatform can confirm this.

ComputerGenie

Activity: 1092
Merit: 552

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 05:23:20 PM

As someone once said:
Intolerance of ideas is not a healthy phenomenon for anyone...

If you have to ask "why?", you wouldn`t understand my answer.
Always be on the look out, because you never know when you'll be stalked by hit-men that eat nothing but cream cheese....
Pages: « 1 ... 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 [764] 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: