Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:42:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: First BFL ASIC!  (Read 58260 times)
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 03:04:16 AM

Are you being compensated by BFL in any way for your development efforts or making these statements?
I am making these statements of my own accord. BFL has not even suggested I make them, nor mentioned any bets to me other than Josh's seppuku thing.

Way to dodge the question.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
johnniewalker
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 03:04:41 AM

BULLSHITBULLSHITBULLSHIT

bestofbitco.in, you are now on the same level as BFL

Scammer Tags!
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 03:04:49 AM

We have carefully examined both sides of the argument. First of all, on our site title is definitely part of the agreement. We do not count the current status as BFL "shipping" the products, therefore other bets are still open. On the other hand the conditions in the description are met.

No, they are not.

Condition 1 not met:

shall post detailed and credible photos

The posted photo was created by a BFL employee. Not credible.

Condition 2 not met:

This bet concerns the 3 Butterfly Labs Bitforce SC products announced here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=87934.msg966886#msg966886

1)    BitForce SC Jalapeno: a USB powered coffee warmer providing 3.5 GH/s, priced at under $149

2)    BitForce SC Single: a standalone unit providing roughly 40 GH/s, priced at $1,299

3)    BitForce SC Mini Rig: a case & rack mount server providing 1 TH/s, priced at $29,899

None of those products was shown in the photo.

As we have been doing before, we will continue to call a draw if there is a such an ambiguity. All the bets will be refunded without any commission.

So to call a draw you ignore the title text and you ignore the facts in both conditions. Major fail.

Buy & Hold
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 03:07:38 AM

Seriously, 6 new pages since the last time I was here? Now I got to read to see what the uproar is about, for I'm sure it's an uproar of some nature. I'm going to guess that Josh joined the fray, and Kano and Luke are at it, and the bet ain't resolved yet. Let's see how close I am with this guesstimation.

Im in the same boat, If you find out something intresting, Please summarise your findings

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 03:08:10 AM

Are you being compensated by BFL in any way for your development efforts or making these statements?
Yes, BFL is moving his order to the front of the line. Having the first hashing device will provide quite a nice profit for him.
My order was already at the front of the line.

Nemesis

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 03:09:45 AM

Lame gamblers.

Calling it draw is the best decision. Dumb ass still try to argue...." oh noes.... its about the 'original' products......" Dumb ass there is no 60ghs single anymore.

Human nature at its best!

Are you addressing me with your puerile comments?  I have no money in this, but I think it's a travesty that the Bitcoin world is so rife with corruption and scams.  There's a lot of attention right now, and I think that it's going to taint Bitcoin and make it more difficult to get wider acceptance.

In any case, I think that the text of the bet should be what people go on.  It's pretty clear.

hahahah go sell your btc idiot.

We dont need dumbass like you anyway
yxt
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 03:10:17 AM

We have carefully examined both sides of the argument. First of all, on our site title is definitely part of the agreement. We do not count the current status as BFL "shipping" the products, therefore other bets are still open. On the other hand the conditions in the description are met. Unfortunately the statement description, as it is written, can be interpreted as complementary conditions to shipping for more clear evidence or the definition of shipping. As much as we would like to settle the bet on one side (as we would earn a significant commission) we do not think that the situation is unambiguous under these circumstances which would be very hard to foresee at the time of statement initiation. As we have been doing before, we will continue to call a draw if there is a such an ambiguity. All the bets will be refunded without any commission.

With this decision you can close the page directly.
trust ist gone....

And I say this as a bystander.

BTCKano Pool██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██
██
██
██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
DataPlumber

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 03:11:11 AM

So put yourself in the position of the judge.

Both sides have what appear to be reasonable reasons why they think they should win.  If there's not a clear winner that no reasonable person could dispute, what choice do they really have but to invalidate the bet?
You're unhappy. I'm unhappy too. Have you heard of Henry Clay? He was the Great Compromiser. A good compromise is when both parties are dissatisfied, and I think that's what we have here.
--Larry David (quoted by http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Henry_Clay#Quotes_related_to_Henry_Clay , "citation needed")

Nemesis

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 03:11:54 AM

We have carefully examined both sides of the argument. First of all, on our site title is definitely part of the agreement. We do not count the current status as BFL "shipping" the products, therefore other bets are still open. On the other hand the conditions in the description are met. Unfortunately the statement description, as it is written, can be interpreted as complementary conditions to shipping for more clear evidence or the definition of shipping. As much as we would like to settle the bet on one side (as we would earn a significant commission) we do not think that the situation is unambiguous under these circumstances which would be very hard to foresee at the time of statement initiation. As we have been doing before, we will continue to call a draw if there is a such an ambiguity. All the bets will be refunded without any commission.

trust ist gone....

Aw..... I dont bet neither...... and i agree with BetsofBitcoin

So no, you can go fck yourself
Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938

What's a GPU?

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 03:12:39 AM

Yes, BFL is moving his order to the front of the line. Having the first hashing device will provide quite a nice profit for him.

I understand BFL shipping to a pool/miner dev first, but you were certainly not at the front of the normal queue so please refrain from lying to make you or them seem better, okay?

I know this because I was confirmed by BFL to be at the very front of the line, with order number 1656.

--Garrett

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 03:13:57 AM

BTW, I started out that semi-long post I made a few minutes ago with the intention of presenting arguments for both sides.
I was surprised that I couldn't come up with any good arguments for the post-April betters... but it is what it is.

Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 03:15:09 AM

I understand BFL shipping to a pool/miner dev first, but you were certainly not at the front of the normal queue so please refrain from lying to make you or them seem better, okay?

I know this because I was confirmed by BFL to be at the very front of the line, with order number 1656.

--Garrett
I don't lie. All I can speculate is that maybe their "very front of the line" included multiple positions as "front".

Edit: Another possibility is that the customer service people just didn't have it accurate, since my order was setup directly (not via the ordering system).

Nemesis

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 03:15:39 AM

I'm so pissed at betsofbitco.in right now.

They owe me THOUSANDS of dollars from that bet.

See this quote ppl?

This is what i'm talking about. Hey stupid, you didnt lose any money. You just didnt "win" as you wanted. The decision is clear, you bet on a debatable term. Deal with it or cry me a fcking river.
yxt
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 03:16:13 AM

trust ist gone....

Aw..... I dont bet neither...... and i agree with BetsofBitcoin

So no, you can go fck yourself

No need to insult me personally.
Welcome to my ignore list....

BTCKano Pool██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██
██
██
██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
Bitcoinassasin

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 03:16:46 AM

Ohhh BFL, the ripples you create humor me.
Ohhh, Betsofbitco.in, how you have suprised me.
Thought the answer to this was an obvious one.
Garr255
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 03:17:43 AM

--Garrett
I don't lie. All I can speculate is that maybe their "very front of the line" included multiple positions as "front".

Edit: Another possibility is that the customer service people just didn't have it accurate, since my order was setup directly (not via the ordering system).

Not that I doubt you, but I doubt you so what was your order #?

I don't intend to make this a heated argument or anything, I just want to make sense of the situation.

Edit: just saw your edit. disregard this Tongue

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 03:19:40 AM

I am making these statements of my own accord. BFL has not even suggested I make them, nor mentioned any bets to me other than Josh's seppuku thing.

Way to dodge the question.

So you never answered.

Are you being compensated by BFL in any way for your development efforts?

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
Garr255
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 03:21:58 AM

Not on topic but whatever.

HAPPY $125 Bitcoin!!!

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 03:28:11 AM

That's ok, sometime people hear what they want to hear. You misheard them. Josh actually said:

Quote from: BFL_Josh
Since he's a paying customer and also a miner developer, we've shipped him the first Little Single since his order one of the first ones in the queue from last year.

"one of the first" That means near the front, but not the actual first. You are getting a device sooner than your order number in compensation for working on the miner. It's ok to be compensated for your work. You don't need to feel bad and lie about it.

Buy & Hold
DataPlumber

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 03:35:25 AM

Ohhh BFL, the ripples you create humor me.
Ohhh, Betsofbitco.in, how you have suprised me.
Thought the answer to this was an obvious one.
Not a haiku?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: