Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:51:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: coinjedi / betsofbitco.in SCAMMERS: Declares "Push" on obvious win for BFL bet  (Read 27975 times)
Micon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 06:21:04 AM

Last 3 trolls seem to be missing the fact that the bet deadline was at the end of April 1, not the start of it.

1)  do you really think these angry users are all trolls?
I think they're sore losers who shouldn't be betting if they can't take responsibility for making sure the bet terms satisfy them.
They should be glad it was declared a draw rather than a win for the pre-April side.

2)  IMO you helped BFL manipulate a bet, which is shameful & dishonest.
All I did was accept a device I paid for.

IMO saying you "accept a device I paid for" is extremely weak.

1) where is the device now?
2) it has been on the entire time since you bought it?
3) why didn't you take it home with you?

I'm not going to argue here.  I have important shit to attend to.  I think everyone sees that you were used as BFL's pawn to play a little game of fuck over BFL don't-bettors.

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AndyRossy

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 07:31:54 AM

I think they're sore losers who shouldn't be betting if they can't take responsibility

This is the same, with ppl who invested in pirate? Sore losers? Dude, they're customers, that were scammed.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 10:27:57 AM

I think they're sore losers who shouldn't be betting if they can't take responsibility

This is the same, with ppl who invested in pirate? Sore losers? Dude, they're customers, that were scammed.

See the thing here is, the bible says "Love thy neighbour as thyself". So luke, devout christian that he is, of course follows this tenet.

The real question is now
a) how deep is the Well of Self-Loathing within Luke that he is this abrasive and cold-hearted?
b) if we could find a way to tap into the Well of Self-Loathing, how many BFL ASICMiners could we run with that power?
00null

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:23:41 AM

I really hope that the core devs most carefully check every piece of code that comes from Luke. We now know that we would join any scam once he get a hug in return. Say BFL want to have some code in bitcoin-qt, they only have to hug Luke and volá they will get whatever they want.
Sometimes the Bitcoin world is really really scary.
BTW, I am not blaming Luke, he is just a too naive person to understand that he actually participated in a scam.

Monster Tent

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:42:46 AM

lol @ a bitcoin dev selling his reputation for a plane trip and a magical unicorn machine.

Beepbop

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:47:50 AM

Wait, he claims to be a devout Christian? Perhaps his piety is also a bad act - wouldn't be the first time I've come across such a person (I claim to be one, so I am, pay no attention to my actual beliefs and actions, f*** you got my salvation.).

As for Avalon, they shipped three finished units to jgarzik, the Foundation and one of their Chinese customers. They didn't just leave a prototype on their factory desk and make one of their paid consultants make an internet post saying that they've "receieved" or "accepted" it or whatever.

This is looking bad for BFL delivery in April. Maybe even the Swedish guys will beat them to market.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:47:59 AM

See the thing here is, the bible says "Love thy neighbour as thyself". So luke, devout christian that he is, of course follows this tenet.

The real question is now
a) how deep is the Well of Self-Loathing within Luke that he is this abrasive and cold-hearted?
b) if we could find a way to tap into the Well of Self-Loathing, how many BFL ASICMiners could we run with that power?

Run not that many, but you'd cool a great deal.

Then again BFL already has a box of fans (which, notably, was in no way related to their actual product, which as demonstrated cools passively).

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 02:40:13 PM

BTW, I am not blaming Luke, he is just a too naive person to understand that he actually participated in a scam.

Judging by his attitude displayed thus far in this thread I would say there's a lot more than simple naivety going on there.
Micon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 07:16:57 PM

Lukejr,

I wish you would open your eyes.  This is not a group of "angry bettors that lost coins" - this is a group of honest bettors that got scammed.

Even if you personally believe your BFL mission was altruistic, this is how you will be remembered from now on:

lol @ a bitcoin dev selling his reputation for a plane trip and a magical unicorn machine.

Judging by his attitude displayed thus far in this thread I would say there's a lot more than simple naivety going on there.

Sore losers? Dude, they're customers, that were scammed.

From community perspective, this is how they saw what went down.

I echo the group's findings.  Maybe you were played, maybe you knew all along, but your actions helped tip the scales of justice towards "bullshit"

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
MPOE-PR

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 10:49:55 PM

Luke-jr is not a dev. He's one of the contributors. There's tons of them. The devteam is listed on the bitcoin.org site. That said, he's certainly done a great job so far parlaying his inexistent status and absent community trust into plane tickets and cheezburgers.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:41:47 PM

bitbet.us had almost the same bet and it was not a "push".
http://bitbet.us/bet/265/bfl-will-deliver-asic-devices-before-april-1st/
Turns out bitbet.us may actually be in the wrong here! My Little Single is getting 29.4 Gh/s with a firmware update.
In their defense, the bet could be argued to require +/- 10% as delivered (eg, disqualifying firmware updates), but if this performance issue had merely been my software, they'd have defrauded people...

Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1011

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 12:05:03 AM

Turns out bitbet.us may actually be in the wrong here! My Little Single is getting 29.4 Gh/s with a firmware update.
In their defense, the bet could be argued to require +/- 10% as delivered (eg, disqualifying firmware updates), but if this performance issue had merely been my software, they'd have defrauded people...
How come you keep stirring the pot?   can't we let these two strings die?  I understand they have been shipping since March 31 and I understand they have only shipped one unit and I understand other people lost money and are mad, but I CANNOT "unwatch" this thread (there is some bug in the option).   It keeps popping up and now you are going to make them all start this catty fight all over again and this will keep popping up in my reply string.    Please let the dead horse be buried and stop kicking the poor beast.

MPOE-PR

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 12:06:14 AM

Except for the part where the advertised performance was 60Gh. Of which 29.4 Gh is not within 10% or 20% or 40%.

Maff. They say Bitcoins are based on it.

(This, of course, leaving aside: that a reputable site like Bitbet would never consider the "testimony" of a lying sack of shit like yourself; that "little Single" was not a product offered by BFL at any point; that you are not a customer of BFL; that no delivery took place; that no proof was in fact offered in time - no, company-released publicity photos do not count as "proof" - and that we still haven't had a good explanation for the box of fans - which apparently aren't needed at all, in spite of being "the product". Among various other things.)

creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 01:43:34 AM

WOW. What gall. Glad I've long since stopped using BFGMiner and switched to CGMiner. Every time I read a Puke Jr. post I throw up a little. Embarrassed

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 04:12:52 AM

How come you keep stirring the pot?   can't we let these two strings die?  I understand they have been shipping since March 31 and I understand they have only shipped one unit and I understand other people lost money and are mad, but I CANNOT "unwatch" this thread (there is some bug in the option).   It keeps popping up and now you are going to make them all start this catty fight all over again and this will keep popping up in my reply string.    Please let the dead horse be buried and stop kicking the poor beast.

It's a tactic carried over from Josh's Bullshido days.

An excellent read: http://www.uswebpros.com/?Martial_Art_Investigation_Website_Bullshido_May_Host_Fake_Postings_1246&a=49200

Why, you may ask would a martial art website be in the business of harming other martial arts and their respective teachers? The answer is two fold. One the more salacious and the more profanity the more attention the posts get.
greyhawk

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 08:45:59 AM

Now isn't that amazing.

Know who else was deeply entrenched in rec.martial-arts and bullshido back in the day? Oliver "usagi" Richman.
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 09:08:16 AM

You are not a good person. I was very surprised to learn that you were Christian. Maybe you should do some soul searching and consider whether your actions here are congruent with your faith.
MPOE-PR

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 10:03:19 AM

Now isn't that amazing.

Know who else was deeply entrenched in rec.martial-arts and bullshido back in the day? Oliver "usagi" Richman.

Usagi, Luke, and Inaba should start an exchange together.

Or a wallet.

Or wait, wait, I got it: a forex site. Based on "open source" code.

greyhawk

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 10:08:29 AM

Now isn't that amazing.

Usagi, Luke, and Inaba should start an exchange together.

Or a wallet.

Or wait, wait, I got it: a forex site. Based on "open source" code.

The more you know:

If you take the first 2 characters from "Inaba", characters 2+3 from "Usagi", and characters 3+4 from Luke, it almost spells "insane".

So, no, you shouldn't have them do things together. It would be almost insane.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 10:10:14 AM

Insake.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print