Bitcoin Forum
June 09, 2024, 12:25:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 [181] 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 ... 244 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptopia Cryptocurrency Platform Services and Development  (Read 172949 times)
Bigpiggy01

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2019, 11:54:40 AM

I just have about ~50/60€ worth of random alts on the exchange so even if it should disappear it won't hit me badly, of course I can't talk for other users but I think Cryptopia will come back, many wallets can take days or even weeks to sync

I work in several blockexplorer for different coins and i can sync 3 wallets simultaneously and even more if needed, So i don't see a point what's the issues they encounter when syncing a every blockchain of each wallet.

they say they have 2 Millions + accounts that needs wallet generation and i find it odd since for exchange you don't need to assign wallet address for all those 2M accounts and it can be done on demand or only for those users that need address for a certain wallet.

If they are doing the address addition manually on each account i find their system too primitive and in this case it will would take a lifetime to finish it all up.

It's not as simple as an explorer and those addresses need to be assigned immediately etc. You don't want to have anything to do with an exchange where stuff like accounts are assigned later as that makes it hard to really lock them down to the same degree. It takes a metric shitpot of patience. However unfortunate that may be.

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
   ▄██████████████████▀ ▄▄██▀
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄
[ POW Algorithm: GhostRider    Anti-FPGA/ASIC ]
Assets/Tokens Masternodes Smart Contracts

.51% / Double Spend Protection, Instant Speed, Private Send.
▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
May 07, 2019, 01:35:16 PM

want an idea of what will happen to your haircuts?

here it is, buy low--sell high--pay low hehe

https://www.coindesk.com/bitfinex-pledges-buy-back-remaining-hack-credit-tokens
Bigger By The Day

Activity: 641
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2019, 06:56:11 PM

when pakcoin open to trade and wallet  Roll Eyes
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 12:38:56 AM

see how easily this exchange gave the address and txs of hack funds?..immediately.

https://binance.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360028031711-Binance-Security-Breach-Update
KriptoGuruTR

Activity: 564
Merit: 19

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 01:26:12 AM

Scam exchange vs pro exchange...
HardFireMiner

Activity: 872
Merit: 120

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 07:31:10 AM

Binance said it would cover the incident “in full” and no user funds will be affected.

Cryptopia haircut - ETH = 100%, BTC = 16%, LTC=30%.

Close enough

█  █  █  █    / / / / / / / /    Play Games, Earn Crypto!         █  █  █    \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \    Start Earning NOW by Playing Mind Improving Games!     █  █  █  █     \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \  Best Crypto Earning Games for Office Workers!       █  █  █  █  Free Withdrawals of BTC, Doge and ETH 
Labrader

Activity: 224
Merit: 24

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 07:36:43 AM

I am impressed by this attitude:

CZ Binance
‏Verified account @cz_binance

cons: 4 While it is a very expensive lesson for us, it is nevertheless a lesson.  it was our responsibility to safe guard user funds.

We should own up it. We will learn and improve.
sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 11:08:45 AM

CZ Binance

cons: 4 While it is a very expensive lesson for us, it is nevertheless a lesson.  it was our responsibility to safe guard user funds.

yeah also note they take the full hit .. nothing like debt marker that will someday maybe be repaid at the bottom of the market price  , you bet your ass that if Cryptopia was paying back in BTC ETH LTC  shit would have been up and running many months ago.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
Beyerd17

Activity: 826
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 12:42:22 PM

CZ Binance

cons: 4 While it is a very expensive lesson for us, it is nevertheless a lesson.  it was our responsibility to safe guard user funds.

yeah also note they take the full hit .. nothing like debt marker that will someday maybe be repaid at the bottom of the market price  , you bet your ass that if Cryptopia was paying back in BTC ETH LTC  shit would have been up and running many months ago.

It's a whole lot easier if one has enough funds to cover any losses that comes along. The alternative would be a nasty one, trust me. You got to try to see things in perspective, otherwise you just look like some random 12 year old bitching your head off.

The term; when Binance, might have a slightly different meaning going forward.
 Grin Wink Grin
Labrader

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 04:03:32 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2019, 04:14:31 PM by Labrader

Binance may have a lot more money than Cryptopia, but there's other differences which are not money-related: transparency, engagement with the community, not hiding behind police who is ill-prepared to take on crypto matters etc.

Less than 24 hours after the event, the owner and CEO of Binance sat down in a live youtube session and explained things. Posted the TX with their stolen funds. Gave some technical explanations about the specifics of the hack. Outlined the solution, which in their case is a commendable complete assuming of responsibility and damages.

On the other hand, 4 months after the Cryptopia event we have nothing of the above, not even the TXs of the stolen funds. All of this would have been free, to share information and engage the community.

Binance has so far always been fair to the community and kept everyone close. Did you see the result? Pledges of help from other important actors in the crypto space. Who did you see pledge help for Cryptopia? No one. I think if they would have been open about what happened, took responsibility that was their to own and asked for help, the community would have helped them. But they just hid behind police bureaucrats.

Wait, someone did offer to help: it was again CZ of Binance who froze some of the presumed stolen funds.
sluppy
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 04:38:02 PM

CZ Binance

cons: 4 While it is a very expensive lesson for us, it is nevertheless a lesson.  it was our responsibility to safe guard user funds.

yeah also note they take the full hit .. nothing like debt marker that will someday maybe be repaid at the bottom of the market price  , you bet your ass that if Cryptopia was paying back in BTC ETH LTC  shit would have been up and running many months ago.

It's a whole lot easier if one has enough funds to cover any losses that comes along. The alternative would be a nasty one, trust me. You got to try to see things in perspective, otherwise you just look like some random 12 year old bitching your head off.

Grin Wink Grin

Right its not like Cryptopia could have stored funds for events like this .. my perspective is just fine thank you  .. I highly doubt this will affect Binance in anyway they wont lose customers Cryptopia will lose lots.

You think closing in on 4 months now is reasonable ? 

The alternative .. Trust you wtf are you talking about ?

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
Beyerd17

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 07:12:58 PM

CZ Binance

Grin Wink Grin

Right its not like Cryptopia could have stored funds for events like this .. my perspective is just fine thank you  .. I highly doubt this will affect Binance in anyway they wont lose customers Cryptopia will lose lots.

I'm sure even Binance would not be able to handle a catastrofic event with massive losses, probably resulting in a scenario that would look more like a Cryptopia case or worse.

jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1107

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 08:36:05 PM

Lol the volume on shitopia is absolutely abysmal. How do like 90% of the coins trading versus BTC have 0.00 volume?
Beyerd17

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 09:06:44 PM

Lol the volume on shitopia is absolutely abysmal. How do like 90% of the coins trading versus BTC have 0.00 volume?

They were hacked a few months ago, many of the trading pairs are halted for trading. Also deposits and withdrawals can only be made in BTC, LTC and DOGE.
paramind22

Activity: 2646
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2019, 09:47:48 PM

I still find it hard to believe how so many devs "centralized" their coins by only listing it on this exchange (or Bittrex, etc.).  And a lot of coins are essentially one person operations.  The exchanges will only talk to the dev, and if that dev isn't motivated, the whole operation comes to a standstill.  These coins don't have to be bad worthless coins, they can have vision, but unless that dev can delegate, things seem to get stuck quickly. 

pinoycash

Activity: 1316
Merit: 514

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2019, 12:05:20 AM

Binance may have a lot more money than Cryptopia, but there's other differences which are not money-related: transparency, engagement with the community, not hiding behind police who is ill-prepared to take on crypto matters etc.

Less than 24 hours after the event, the owner and CEO of Binance sat down in a live youtube session and explained things. Posted the TX with their stolen funds. Gave some technical explanations about the specifics of the hack. Outlined the solution, which in their case is a commendable complete assuming of responsibility and damages.

On the other hand, 4 months after the Cryptopia event we have nothing of the above, not even the TXs of the stolen funds. All of this would have been free, to share information and engage the community.

Binance has so far always been fair to the community and kept everyone close. Did you see the result? Pledges of help from other important actors in the crypto space. Who did you see pledge help for Cryptopia? No one. I think if they would have been open about what happened, took responsibility that was their to own and asked for help, the community would have helped them. But they just hid behind police bureaucrats.

Wait, someone did offer to help: it was again CZ of Binance who froze some of the presumed stolen funds.

This is the big difference between cryptopia and binance,

Cryptopia should have act and do what binance did during their hack. It was a simple ABC, COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT and TRANSPARENCY but instead they choose to ignore everyone. Until now not a single tweet in the past weeks and no update how far are they in securing their platform.

A basic comparison between Incompetency and Competency in handling the situation. In this case binance wins Cheesy

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
sluppy
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 12:28:16 AM

CZ Binance

Grin Wink Grin

I'm sure even Binance would not be able to handle a catastrofic event with massive losses, probably resulting in a scenario that would look more like a Cryptopia case or worse.

Right but Binance has structures in place to make sure that doesn't happen.

Cryptopia failed on pretty much every front .. u can keep defending them all u want just makes u look like someone that doesn't know what they are talking about.

Beyerd17

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 06:18:10 AM

CZ Binance

Grin Wink Grin

Right but Binance has structures in place to make sure that doesn't happen.

Cryptopia failed on pretty much every front .. u can keep defending them all u want just makes u look like someone that doesn't know what they are talking about.

I have been trading at Cryptopia for a number of years, and for sure they could have done things a lot better,but when reading a lot of the comments here it's very one sided, and most people don't take things into proper perspective. Simply sounds like a echo chamber of one sided comments.
Labrader

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 06:34:23 AM

Communicating, creating goodwill and support is still free and largely a human skill not depending on the amount of money you own. Or so it is for me.

Fact of the matter is, except for the words "significant losses" we still know nothing about the magnitude of the event.

I still find it hard to believe how so many devs "centralized" their coins by only listing it on this exchange (or Bittrex, etc.).
They didn't do it on purpose. Getting listed is not that easy and also pretty expensive.
Nivir

Activity: 868
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 11:52:16 AM

I just lost my phone last week. Do you guys have back up keys on Cryptopia 2FA in case you're gadgets got lost? I was checking my back ups and I cannot find any keys on Cryptopia 2FA. Sad 
Pages: « 1 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 [181] 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 ... 244 »
  Print  

Jump to: