Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:50:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 [807] 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 ... 1135 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] cudaMiner & ccMiner CUDA based mining applications [Windows/Linux/MacOSX]  (Read 3426872 times)
S_tring

Activity: 252
Merit: 102

OPEN Platform - Powering Blockchain Acceptance

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 09:02:46 PM

I got the auto restart thing working!  Cool

Runs for 30 mins, closes and waits for 1 min, then repeat:

Code:
@echo off
set app=ccminer.exe
set algo=jackpot
set address=stratum+tcp://erebor.dwarfpool.com:3352
set user=JPC_ADDRESS_HERE
set password=x
:start
  start "" %app% -a %algo% -s 1 -d 0,1,2,3,4 -o %address% -u %user% -p %password% -q
  timeout 1800   
  taskkill /f /im %app%
  timeout 60
goto start

OPEN Platform | Powering Blockchain Acceptance [ICO]
❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱Blockchain's First Payment API❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱
Whitepaper  ●  Slack  ●  Facebook  ●  Twitter  ●  Reddit  ●  Telegram
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zelante

Activity: 263
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 09:04:24 PM

how to set core clock via command line on desktop shortcut, what the parameters?
NVIDIA Inspector can generate shortcuts with clocks, voltages, fan speed...

i need to OC only 3 cards rather than four, it is possible?

i need something like --gpu-engine xxxx
yes. you can make shortcut for 3 cards only.
AizenSou

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 09:13:58 PM

I have the same problem with Linux, but not every H81 BTC Pro board. ccminer crashed when using 6 cards and only with a few algos, e.g. JPC,NIST5.
X11 works without problem. So I found out that not every H81 BTC Pro Board has the same build quality. The reboot indicates that something wrong with the power connects to the board.
I know it's really stupid but I tried a lot of combination last months to find the problem. (I have 6 H81 BTC Pro boards).

I'm thinking about buying a H81 BTC Pro and hopefully I don't run into any issues.

Did you also give power to BOTH of the molex connectors on the motherboard? I know some people say "you don't need to if you're supplying power to the risers!" but it's always good to plug it in and test in case you haven't.

I run a H81 BTC Pro with 6 EVGA 750Ti's (without the 6-pin PCI-E power), I have 5 cards on 16x-1x powered risers, and the 1 card in the x16 slot on a 16x-16x unpowered riser. Rig has been running flawelessly for nearly 4 months now!

Of course I need to plug two molex connectors to the board otherwise the board autorestarts itself if you run ccminer/cudaminer for every algo.
I have 6 of this board and only two of them still giving me trouble. The worst algo is JPC in my experience.
I use for all card USB power riser from same brand, but I notice from those Chinese quality you can't expect much.
I still have found out the reason for these 2 trouble boards, but from my test I can conclude that ccminer/cudaminer works fine.

AizenSou

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 09:25:00 PM

By the time i got back from work i was so tired i just got some. Obviously didn't pay full wack for them, i did save some. But i didnt pay as low as you suggested because i never would have got any xD

Ah craps...  Undecided
I got some more XMR at 0.0043 overnight (at Bittrex), so, you could have certainly bought some at the range I mentioned. You could even buy some now at that price on Polo. No trading while sleepy/tired, you'll be missing a key trading quality: patience...

On the positive side: I'm confident you'll see gains from that purchase, if not any obscene figures. With XMR, I'm betting things will evolve slow and steady, so I'd expect just small spikes and dips along the way. Anyways, I'm just pulling guesses out of my ass now. Good luck mate!

~ Myagui

Forget the XMR mania. Try to see QCN thread. The dev works even harder than the whole XMR team and QCN always has the newest features from which XMR want to copy back like GUI wallet.
Remember, the main selling point of XMR is the first Cryptonote which obviously wrong. XMR is not the original Cryptonote coin, Bytecoin is. IMHO, XMR offers nothing better than QCN. The only reason is XMR backed by a lot of big players in crypto.
myagui
Legendary

Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 09:37:46 PM

Forget the XMR mania. Try to see QCN thread. The dev works even harder than the whole XMR team and QCN always has the newest features from which XMR want to copy back like GUI wallet.
Remember, the main selling point of XMR is the first Cryptonote which obviously wrong. XMR is not the original Cryptonote coin, Bytecoin is. IMHO, XMR offers nothing better than QCN. The only reason is XMR backed by a lot of big players in crypto.

I respectfully disagree AizenSou, for way too many reasons to begin listing here, and as I really don't want to have my posts taking part in any sort of 'coin wars'. If you want further details to why I support XMR, say so, and I'll be happy to explain my motivations. Otherwise I'm keeping the details to myself as I'm not trying to promote coin A or B in this particular thread (for that we already have plenty of speculation threads).

~ Myagui

AizenSou

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 09:57:55 PM

I respectfully disagree AizenSou, for way too many reasons to begin listing here, and as I really don't want to have my posts taking part in any sort of 'coin wars'. If you want further details to why I support XMR, say so, and I'll be happy to explain my motivations. Otherwise I'm keeping the details to myself as I'm not trying to promote coin A or B in this particular thread (for that we already have plenty of speculation threads).

~ Myagui

Sorry my bad. No need to create a coin war in Christian's thread. For disclaimer I own the same amount of XMR and QCN but I still don't understand XMR mania and maybe never.
Everyone has his own opinion.

Regards,
AizenSou

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 10:26:29 PM

ShinyCoin from one who claimed to be son of Sunny King, Sunny Prince, LOL.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=655789.msg7387994#msg7387994

Designed to be ASIC and GPU resistant.

I wonder whether our Christian has interest in it?  Grin
Bombadil

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 10:43:46 PM

15GB RAM required ^^" Lolwhut Tongue
guitarplinker
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 11:03:06 PM

15GB RAM required ^^" Lolwhut Tongue
With that amount of RAM needed it sounds like it's designed to be low and mid-end PC resistant too.  Cheesy
cbuchner1 (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 11:12:24 PM

With that amount of RAM needed it sounds like it's designed to be low and mid-end PC resistant too.  Cheesy

the first coin exclusively designed to run on amazon EC2. Nice.
Dotcommie

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 11:21:32 PM

I have the same problem with Linux, but not every H81 BTC Pro board. ccminer crashed when using 6 cards and only with a few algos, e.g. JPC,NIST5.
X11 works without problem. So I found out that not every H81 BTC Pro Board has the same build quality. The reboot indicates that something wrong with the power connects to the board.
I know it's really stupid but I tried a lot of combination last months to find the problem. (I have 6 H81 BTC Pro boards).

I'm thinking about buying a H81 BTC Pro and hopefully I don't run into any issues.

Did you also give power to BOTH of the molex connectors on the motherboard? I know some people say "you don't need to if you're supplying power to the risers!" but it's always good to plug it in and test in case you haven't.

I run a H81 BTC Pro with 6 EVGA 750Ti's (without the 6-pin PCI-E power), I have 5 cards on 16x-1x powered risers, and the 1 card in the x16 slot on a 16x-16x unpowered riser. Rig has been running flawelessly for nearly 4 months now!

Of course I need to plug two molex connectors to the board otherwise the board autorestarts itself if you run ccminer/cudaminer for every algo.
I have 6 of this board and only two of them still giving me trouble. The worst algo is JPC in my experience.
I use for all card USB power riser from same brand, but I notice from those Chinese quality you can't expect much.
I still have found out the reason for these 2 trouble boards, but from my test I can conclude that ccminer/cudaminer works fine.

There shouldn't be any need for those mobo molex connectors to be connected if you're using all usb risers.  Not sure why yours wouldn't run without them.  I have 2 rigs on version 1 and 2 of the H81 and they both go at full speed with no problems and I'm not using the connectors.  I made the mistake of buying all my Ti's with 6-pin, so I have wires everywhere, but no power is going to pci since all but the x16 slots are usb risers, which don't get the power from the slots.

I think some people might have weak power supplies or are trying to power cards with no 6 pin connector off of 1 accessory line from the power supply.  Do NOT power more than 1 card with the same string of molex or sata connectors if you're using cards without a 6 pin.  Even with 6 pin, only power 2 at max.  Those lines can safely power 75w, but much more and you're asking for trouble.  That's why I think some people's cards drop once they start mining.

I've also noticed that running this board with mismatched ram (4gb+2gb) doesn't seem to work that well, so I've just put 1x8gb stick in each one and they have been fine since.  I don't think I was able to get all cards to stay working with 4gb before on Cudaminer.  With ccminer that has probably changed, but this was a while back.  They have been rock solid for months the way they are configured.  FYI, both have i3 processors to help keep cpu utilization down as well as save power versus a celeron that would probably be using 10% more at all times.
StuffOfInterest

Activity: 401

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 01:17:25 AM

Is this a bug or can it be ignored?

well Keccak doesn't actually use the scratchpad. Keccak and Blake were quickly hacked add-ons to cudaminer
and the memory handling was never fully adjusted for these algos. The algos should probably moved to ccMiner.

It's a bug, but this one is quite safe to ignore.

Would be nice to eventually migrate all of the algos from cudaMiner to ccMiner (or the reverse) so we can have one program to mine them all. Smiley

BExR exchange rates on your phone's home screen.
Miner Control to get auto algorithm switching for multiple mining services. (please donate if you like)
Could Proof of Blockchain (PoBC) help secure a coin and avoid runaway ASIC mining?
RavenXBR

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 01:41:27 AM

Do NOT power more than 1 card with the same string of molex or sata connectors if you're using cards without a 6 pin.  Even with 6 pin, only power 2 at max.

... and if you have all GPUs with 6 PIN power connectors, can we use ribbon risers instead?
Dotcommie

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 01:53:40 AM

Do NOT power more than 1 card with the same string of molex or sata connectors if you're using cards without a 6 pin.  Even with 6 pin, only power 2 at max.

... and if you have all GPUs with 6 PIN power connectors, can we use ribbon risers instead?

Theoretically, yes. But then you should probably plug in the mobo power connectors to boost the pci power too.  Then you also run into the inferior quality of long ribbon risers and potentially risk a short.  I personally would go with the usb ones since then the power won't be dependent on the pci slots and you won't have to worry about overloading anything internal in the motherboard.

I have used powered ribbon risers though, and as long as you inspect the solder work beforehand and are very gentle with them whenever you're doing any work on the rig, they should work well.  Even in that case you have to be careful though. Any wrong moves or a sketchy solder joint could send power back down your ribbon to the board.

In the end, I think they all will work fine if you don't get any bad parts and have a powerful power supply, but there is less risk in my mind when keeping the power draw relationship between the gpu and psu as much as possible and avoiding overloading the mobo by powering them all from there.  Saw one too many pics of burned boards near the 24pin i guess  Wink
xandrino

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 03:03:19 AM

I just finished building a 6x 750ti mining rig on Asrock H81 BTC Pro mobo. 6x USB risers were used, 2 of which were the cause of early instabilities (read: numerous crashes and bsods).

So for system instability, the convenient culprit are ur risers (and why not, all other components in ur miner are vetted by quality control measures in big factories; meanwhile, risers are most likely handmade in a sweatshop in China).

My simple advice: attempt to isolate which risers are giving u problems and have them replaced.

Afterward u should have a bedrock stable miner -- quick test: only OC'ing beyond the limits of ur GPU's capabilities should cause crashes.

Cheers! Smiley
antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 04:06:37 AM

If anyone is interested I have a ton of coins from his first launch. Grin Angry

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
RavenXBR

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 04:41:02 AM

Theoretically, yes. But then you should probably plug in the mobo power connectors to boost the pci power too.  Then you also run into the inferior quality of long ribbon risers and potentially risk a short.  I personally would go with the usb ones since then the power won't be dependent on the pci slots and you won't have to worry about overloading anything internal in the motherboard.

I have used powered ribbon risers though, and as long as you inspect the solder work beforehand and are very gentle with them whenever you're doing any work on the rig, they should work well.  Even in that case you have to be careful though. Any wrong moves or a sketchy solder joint could send power back down your ribbon to the board.

In the end, I think they all will work fine if you don't get any bad parts and have a powerful power supply, but there is less risk in my mind when keeping the power draw relationship between the gpu and psu as much as possible and avoiding overloading the mobo by powering them all from there.  Saw one too many pics of burned boards near the 24pin i guess  Wink

Thx for the info...  Wink
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 06:42:26 AM

6 x 750ti rig, on pro bt h81 here, just plugged the two molex(from the same psu) and then the 6 risers, all worked good from the first try, just some time needed for windows to search for the drivers

best super cheap MB for me.....
DemosMirak

Activity: 146

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 08:34:00 AM

http://gigaom.com/2014/06/18/intel-will-offer-a-customizable-chip-to-keep-data-center-clients-happy/

Interesting development or not? I know nothing about FPGAs, except that they're the third step in the mining device chain, if I'm not mistaken (CPU -> GPU -> FPGA -> ASIC).

BTC: 13enECLM3M3gjQDoBKouXuYFG4zXaDdDPx
LTC: LRTbQNQcRjZV51PivQdhK7zpMtJYPouqR9
Cooldogin

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 02:01:20 PM

http://gigaom.com/2014/06/18/intel-will-offer-a-customizable-chip-to-keep-data-center-clients-happy/

Interesting development or not? I know nothing about FPGAs, except that they're the third step in the mining device chain, if I'm not mistaken (CPU -> GPU -> FPGA -> ASIC).

I'm not sure it will effect the mining community too much. This is going to be big news for places doing any sort of virtualization, especially network layer. Hardware network gear makes heavy use of FPGAs/ASICs to handle the majority of the routing/switching that goes on in the platform and the CPU is really just there to observe things. VMWare (maybe others...we're a VMWare shop) came out with NSX that handles a lot of networking in software, it's really flexible but it means the CPU on each server is having to handle those route/switch operations. If you could off-load that work to a FPGA you get back CPU time and can start getting into the 40-100GB+ realm with decent latency.

You might also see them used to handle crypto needs for things like SSL/password hashing/other offload needs. CPU time is still the reason some people are using RC4 when dealing with SSL or SHA1+salt hashing passwords stored in a DB. A general purpose device that could accelerate all those operations, allow for stronger algorithms AND reduce CPU overhead is a win for all parties.
Pages: « 1 ... 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 [807] 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 ... 1135 »
  Print  

Jump to: