Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:06:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 [815] 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 ... 1135 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] cudaMiner & ccMiner CUDA based mining applications [Windows/Linux/MacOSX]  (Read 3426872 times)
guitarplinker
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 10:19:52 PM

Has anybody set up their mining rig on an Ubuntu USB and then use CUDAMiner through that?

I stick mainly to Windows - I've never compiled on Linux so I'm not sure how difficult it would be but I would love to be able to swap my machine's hard drives out for 8-16GB USB's instead.
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DemosMirak

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 10:48:28 PM

hi all.
I want to ask, I use nvidia gt 520 and want to try mine X11 does this work?
I've tried using cudaminer can only run on scrypt

Yes, although you need an older version for that. Use the ccminer 21 version from the V1.02-x13 download http://cudamining.cc/url/releases

BTC: 13enECLM3M3gjQDoBKouXuYFG4zXaDdDPx
LTC: LRTbQNQcRjZV51PivQdhK7zpMtJYPouqR9
yellowduck2

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 11:26:47 PM

Upgrading my cards to nvidia. 10 more on the way. Nvidia is a clear winner.

https://i.imgur.com/hypcSIq.jpg

how many? damn i need to step up my game
if i could be arsed i would learn to program. But in the end that is the point with this all. I am willing to wait on christian because i dont want to learn to code it myself. I may learn at some point but learning around work when i try and relax isnt easy

u can earn some BTC in charging your version of Nvidia release since there is no competition from cbuchner1. For example, if u can release your version of crytonight for Nvidia and charge us 0.1 BTC per rig license fee , i am willing to pay for it and i bet cbuchner1 wouldn't release his version since 0.1 BTC per rig is just dust amount for him. Some of us got 2 - 10 rig. Imagine how much u can make per person.
myagui
Legendary

Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 11:42:52 PM

u can earn some BTC in charging your version of Nvidia release since there is no competition from cbuchner1. For example, if u can release your version of crytonight for Nvidia and charge us 0.1 BTC per rig license fee , i am willing to pay for it and i bet cbuchner1 wouldn't release his version since 0.1 BTC per rig is just dust amount for him. Some of us got 2 - 10 rig. Imagine how much u can make per person.

The 1st person to provide an open source nvidia miner for cryptonight (and/or one for AMD), can claim the bounty to which I posted the link a while back (or negotiate a sponsorship value). Others (apart from Christian) have already stated that they are working on it, though I haven't seen any particular claims of performance or even statement of a working implementation yet.  In reality, at this point, there's little to none advantage in keeping a miner private, as the AMD crowd has stepped in in force, and difficulty is already through the roof.

A binary only release, with a license fee should be worthwhile in the strict business sense, but might be tricky to implement with regards to the GPL licenses involved (not sure I got the right acronym there)... I just hope someone takes that bounty soon (and I would be happiest if the pizza went to Christian). 

Cheers,
~ Myagui

zelante

Activity: 263

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 12:02:28 AM

https://github.com/zelante/ccminer/releases
v1.2.4 "Split Screen ccMiner" (2014-06-21) Source + Windows Binary pre-release
this is a pretty awesome mod. Does the ncurses/curses formatted output also work on Linux systems?
If you mean "formated output" is creating multiscreen output - yes. I'm not working under linux systems and all my "coding try&trash" Grin i do under windows. So, i'm using pdcurses for my mod http://pdcurses.sourceforge.net/
Or you mean formatted output in one string?
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 12:27:14 AM

if i could be arsed i would learn to program. But in the end that is the point with this all. I am willing to wait on christian because i dont want to learn to code it myself. I may learn at some point but learning around work when i try and relax isnt easy

0.1BTC  Shocked  Grin (Am I missing something that huge by pointing my unique AMD card to Mountcoin  Grin).
how many btc per card can you make ?

well no thanks, I already given in that sort of crap with xpm... (actually a nice way to increase the difficulty and decrease the exchange rate at the same time as people will just throw their coin to reimburse the investment... and I think some people missed the part where Christian and his team are using many aws instance...)

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
Side2005

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 01:49:08 AM

https://github.com/canonizer/halloc

found something interesting to point out, its an improved memory allocator for nvidia gpus.... including this may reduce __global__ memory acces and point some data to __local__ or __shared__ memory? (allocating data on shared memory is 100x time faster in i/o operations than global memory. )
Im no coder or something, just interesting in gpu hashing.... maybe this is a little improvement to code...

edit: http://developer.download.nvidia.com/compute/cuda/1.1-Beta/x86_website/projects/reduction/doc/reduction.pdf check this out aswell
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 02:00:42 AM

from the Poloniex trollbox  Grin
"Cryptonoob: werbbed, christian is rich guy. he will release his miner even without bounty in next few days as his conditions are now met."

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
yellowduck2

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 02:22:09 AM

from the Poloniex trollbox  Grin
"Cryptonoob: werbbed, christian is rich guy. he will release his miner even without bounty in next few days as his conditions are now met."

Well. Lets wait for the party to begin.  Cool

Once again , we can have a war between AMD and Nvidia. It will be fun.

Hopefully, someone don't come up with double hashrate for AMD. Any upgrade for AMD will kill profit very quickly. Regardless of any algo.
Poena

Activity: 48

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 03:16:06 AM

Anyway when I bought my 750ti I never tought I would some day be able to compete with 500-600$  AMD High End GPU. What Christian did with those little 750ti is awesome. XD
yellowduck2

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 04:22:06 AM

Anyway when I bought my 750ti I never tought I would some day be able to compete with 500-600$  AMD High End GPU. What Christian did with those little 750ti is awesome. XD

i am thinking Christian goal for 2014 is to beat AMD 295x2 with a single 750ti.  Cool
cbuchner1 (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 05:25:02 AM

I don't see a stratum reference implementation for BBR yet...
33zer0w0lf

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 05:58:42 AM

I don't see a stratum reference implementation for BBR yet...
http://bbr.extremepool.org supports stratum.
LucasJones, confirmed the pool code has support for stratum, there just isn't a stratum miner yet.

I can open a stratum port up if someone would like to test if they are working on a stratum miner just pm me and let me know.

http://www.extremepool.org (BCN) (MRO) (QCN) (XDN) (BBR) (AEON) (ORION) (DSH) (CRR) (INF8)
33zer0w0lf

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 06:05:51 AM

test stratum port has been enabled http://bbr.extremepool.org   port 1111

http://www.extremepool.org (BCN) (MRO) (QCN) (XDN) (BBR) (AEON) (ORION) (DSH) (CRR) (INF8)
kqpahv

Activity: 229

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 06:11:33 AM

(for the rest you didn't understand my answer/sarcasm, so there is no point arguing...).
So basically, you just want Christian to release is BBR code and you are acting as devoted as possible to try to convince him to do so (even though you are preaching exactly the inverse  Grin )

I don't have any interest myself in BBR, and I don't want Christian to release anything he doesn't want to... haven't ever asked, and never will.

This isn't a pissing match, I am just pointing out that even if there is some advantage to the new drivers, that you would have been far smarter to hold and use it, than to release it if there is something in there that you coded yourself.

Stop trying to guess what I am doing. I want Christian to make money off his hard work, and when he wants to release something, then that is fine, and if he never does, that is fine too. He doesn't owe anyone crap as far as releases.

I see both sides and I'm basically 50/50 split on the matter.  On the one hand Chris as a professional programmer wants to capitalize on his rewards. He is fully entitled to do so.
On the other hand djm34 in the spirit of open source shared what he found with everyone to his own detriment. He is also fully entitled to do so.

Chris is not hurting anyone by holding his GPU miner. Yes, some people who have nvidia hardware can't mine some of the most profitable coins at the moment but you/we/I aren't "entitled" to do so either.  Chris owes no one anything beyond what he decides to release.

I can understand why some people are "frustrated however".  For a period of time it seemed like owning nVidia hardware was going to be the way to go. Everyone was sort of very pro nVidia and con AMD.  People were throwing out the wattage figures and what not.  People got hooked on the ccminer (C&C Hash factory) "cool aid".  This is all good and all while things were good for the nVidia camp, but as soon as the AMD camp took the lead again people start bitching.

But now with the speedups in X11, X13 and especially Nist5 along with CryptoNight for AMD GPUs the nVidia camp is looking lackluster again.  AMD is back as the king for earnings if you know what to mine based on earning per watt or ROI (doesn't matter). So while the pure watts used for nVidia might be far better then AMD if you don't have the software to run it then it's a mute point.

However, that is not Chris's fault in any way shape or form.  It is also not djm34's fault either, even though he helped AMD to get better hash rates on many of the algos that the nVidia croud was trying to capitalize on.  This of course diminished nVidia ROIs only making things worse for nVidia hardware owners.

So here are the problems:
1) There are a lot of people involved in AMD development that share code.  Probably about a good 1/2 dozen devs who really matter, plus probably a dozen others who contribute in many ways.
2) On the nVidia side we went from Chris and Chris to just one Chris with a few minor contributions from other authors. Going backwards...

Solutions:
On the AMD side of things there is more a "competition" to see who can optimize algos the most. Or add new algos. This benefits the whole community of AMD users while hurting the nVidia side of things.  I say this because it's only a matter of time before all the big farms roll out speed enhancements when available to their AMD farms.

On the nVidia side of hardware it's really for the most part just Chris doing releases that currently matter for profitability.  Yes we have had a couple new coins added by others but they aren't profitable to matter to most (not taking away from the contribution they made however).  This is a step in the right direction however.  On the same note, one of the most profitable coins to mine on nVidia hardware which is JPC is going down in price which only makes matters worse.

So what to do:
Don't put all your eggs in one basket. Smiley  Run a mixed environment of both nVidia and AMD GPUs.  Also consider CPU mining which is still pretty profitable with Good CPUs.

Learn to do CUDA programming and contribute yourself.

Possible encourage Chris to release a BIN/EXE version only of CryptoNight and/or BBR miner similar to what Claymore has done where it mines 5% for him.  Claymore "owns" the CryptoNight GPU AMD market.  No reason Chris could not "own" the nVidia market in the same fashion.  Hell Chris could probably start at 10% for himself dropping down to 5% in 1% increments per week and rake in the profits using our hardware. Everyone running his miner for CryptoNight or BBR would make more and give 10% (whatever to Chris).

Obviously the real solution to the nVidia camp is to have more programmers involved. I'd get involved myself but I've got a ton of stuff already on my plate from full time work stuff that pays the bills to the multi-switching-multi-algo-mutli-pool I'm going to soon release.

So what is the point of my post?  I'm not sure, but everyone should take a chill pill and try and see both sides before getting "pissed" about what has been released or hasn't been release.  Also ask yourself, why are you entitled to their hard work and how did you (or do you) plan to compensate them for their work?

Carlo

I think it's inevitable that in some point in time Nvidia and AMD will actually start hiring people to optimize their performance on cryptos. If mining is contributing so much to their sales that they are releasing new cards obviously optimized for mining (AMD Tonga, probably 750ti as well) then they can sure as hell hire some developers as well. Maybe they will do it anonymously or maybe even out loud but I am pretty sure it's going to happen.
cbuchner1 (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 06:15:02 AM

I think it's inevitable that in some point in time Nvidia and AMD will actually start hiring people to optimize their performance on cryptos. If mining is contributing so much to their sales that they are releasing new cards obviously optimized for mining (AMD Tonga, probably 750ti as well) then they can sure as hell hire some developers as well. Maybe they will do it anonymously or maybe even out loud but I am pretty sure it's going to happen.

The big scrypt crypto boom (LiteCoin, DogeCoin) is over. This is when nVidia actually had engineers look into scrypt performance. cudaMiner even incorporates some performance enhancements from nVidia engineers.
c18machine

Activity: 59

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 06:17:09 AM

Yes nvidia!! Hire him! He deserves..
cbuchner1 (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 06:22:25 AM

Yes nvidia!! Hire him! He deserves..

well they definitely have nice offices in Munich... and much space Wink
kqpahv

Activity: 229

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 06:35:49 AM

The big scrypt crypto boom (LiteCoin, DogeCoin) is over. This is when nVidia actually had engineers look into scrypt performance. cudaMiner even incorporates some performance enhancements from nVidia engineers.

Haha nice  Grin Cant say I am suprised though as AMD's market share went from 40% to probably 70-80% in Q4 and Q1 Cool
Yeah, that boom is over for now but as scrypt is taking it's last breaths we are entering a new era with new algos emerging so all the more reasons for optimization. Nothing is for sure but I higly doubt that was the laast mining boom, there is just too much room to grow for cryptos  Wink
Christian you should ask Nvidia for endorsment  Grin If there was Nvidia miner for XMR,BBR and every other new algo out there they would probably sell thousands of cards for mining every week   Tongue
Bombadil

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 07:28:04 AM
Last edit: June 22, 2014, 08:09:42 AM by Bombadil

I made some changes to my profit calc this weekend. So here it is:

v0.4: https://github.com/KBomba/cuda-profit-calc/releases
Changes since v0.2:
- Massive speed upgrade
- Added fiat/day option (USD, EUR, GBP & CNY) using Coindesk
- Excludes very low volume coins now when "healthy coins" is checked.
- Added Poloniex
- Added option to weigh all exchanges into the BTC price, like this: (exchange1_price * exchange1_percentageOfTotalVol) + (exchange2_price * exchange2_percentageOfTotalVol) + ... Gives a better view on the real price if a coin is well spread among exchanges.
- Fixed PoolPicker
- General improvements and fixes

PS: If you guys think I should open another thread for this tiny app, please tell Wink

EDIT: Oops, seems like I missed "BTC/day" ^^" Fixed it. Thx yellowduck2!
Pages: « 1 ... 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 [815] 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 ... 1135 »
  Print  

Jump to: