Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:20:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][The Original Multipool - Scrypt/SHA256/Scrypt-N/X11] multipool.us  (Read 424094 times)
flound1129 (OP)

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

www.multipool.us

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 07:49:57 PM

Yea, they are upping the confirms too... Reloading the entire chain, (past the point where the invasion occurred {if backed-up regularly}), should show any "orphaned", that "made it" as being legitimate. (Some will never be legitimate, because part of the bad chain, was real, before it was hijacked.)

If you notice more orphans coming... Try disconnecting, reloading a backup wallet, and reconnect until it gets the correct connection with the valid chain. (Eg, backing-up after this next loading, if you stop the chain before that screwy block... EG, not letting it load all the way up until now, backing-up that partial chain to save time.)

Detection warning...
1 orphan = normal
2 orphans = abnormal
3 orphans = rare (possible invasion)
4 orphans = Full-on-attack, Game on!

Apparently you don't even need 51% to do a 51% attack, when you have the "good luck". Looking like this was done with a simple "stall" of legitimate pools, and also a "hijack" of a double-block-find... One after the other, by stalling the pools blocks with invalid data. When you get bored, you look at the block-chain in detail. lol.

Come swim in the deep-water of the FTC pool... Just don't pee in it, or we will all leave again!

P.S. Announce on the forums, for LTC that your pool is up and working... There is a mini-army looking for good pools right now. Google will find your post for them.

Do you mean FTC?

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 07:51:47 PM

Since we did find a confirmed block, I'm going to add FTC back in to the multiport.  I'm working from home today which will allow me to watch it closely.  If any funny business happens I will remove it again immediately.

ISAWHIM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 08:19:03 PM

Do you mean FTC?

OOps, yes... Sorry, I have been jumping around manually today.

I am trying to herd people to MultiCoin... Slowly though, until that other server is up and running.

The troll-boxes are good for something! lol. Though, I kindly wait until someone mentions FTC, or one of the other coins here on the pool.

Gotta hit the newb section in the forums next.
flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 08:28:08 PM

Do you mean FTC?

OOps, yes... Sorry, I have been jumping around manually today.

I am trying to herd people to MultiCoin... Slowly though, until that other server is up and running.

The troll-boxes are good for something! lol. Though, I kindly wait until someone mentions FTC, or one of the other coins here on the pool.

Gotta hit the newb section in the forums next.

We can handle more miners right now, the new server will only be needed for the 8th coin.

flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 09:15:04 PM

It's been almost 2 hours on FTC and we haven't found a block..  This is almost 4x the expected amount of time.

If we don't find a block in the next 20 minutes I'm pulling it off again..  can't afford to be wasting hashrate on this.

ISAWHIM

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 09:16:58 PM

Ask BigVern if he can direct some traffic to you. He is online I believe. He is actually rejecting connections now, but they don't have an alternative place to mine. (See if he will kindly add you as an "alternative"... Not hard to show a miner how to setup multiple pools.)

Almost hitting 4 hours... we should have a blast of short-find coins coming... or something is wrong with the difficulty thing. (Might be rejecting actual valid difficulties, thus, causing it to remain lower. I saw something posted about that, somewhere. Not sure if it was a CGminer issue or a wallet/server issue. But someone was saying something about changing some value from x0000000000000000000000ffff000 to x0000fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff or something like that, related to accepting valid shares or valid blocks.)

Unless the moron is still trying to invade the chain, and just failing, but causing enough of a degradation to the submitting of valid blocks. (False transactions? Doing the stalling again... I forget what was done with BTC to fix that, but I think that needs to be done for scrypt too. Since it is obviously more sensitive to that stalling than sha256 is.)

Or is the delay because dwqwog was essentially mining by himself/herself?

P.S. They had a long delay too, with 100x the man-power... Then hit block after block there... within 10-25 min apart.
flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 09:30:57 PM

Ask BigVern if he can direct some traffic to you. He is online I believe. He is actually rejecting connections now, but they don't have an alternative place to mine. (See if he will kindly add you as an "alternative"... Not hard to show a miner how to setup multiple pools.)

Almost hitting 4 hours... we should have a blast of short-find coins coming... or something is wrong with the difficulty thing. (Might be rejecting actual valid difficulties, thus, causing it to remain lower. I saw something posted about that, somewhere. Not sure if it was a CGminer issue or a wallet/server issue. But someone was saying something about changing some value from x0000000000000000000000ffff000 to x0000fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff or something like that, related to accepting valid shares or valid blocks.)

Unless the moron is still trying to invade the chain, and just failing, but causing enough of a degradation to the submitting of valid blocks. (False transactions? Doing the stalling again... I forget what was done with BTC to fix that, but I think that needs to be done for scrypt too. Since it is obviously more sensitive to that stalling than sha256 is.)

Or is the delay because dwqwog was essentially mining by himself/herself?

P.S. They had a long delay too, with 100x the man-power... Then hit block after block there... within 10-25 min apart.

For about 1.5 hours we only had around 40 MH/sec on FTC, the Multiport has been pointing at it for 2 hours now with expected block time of ~28 minutes.

Looks like we just found a block.

flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 10:05:33 PM

WDC is on the brink of death methinks..  Only 19BTC worth of buy orders on MCXNOW and less than 2BTC on cryptsy..  Are there any other exchanges trading it?

Might not be a bad idea to sell now if you've been holding it.

ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 10:06:55 PM

WDC is on the brink of death methinks..  Only 19BTC worth of buy orders on MCXNOW and less than 2BTC on cryptsy..  Are there any other exchanges trading it?

The admin and community are working on some development business-wise and such though, so it should pick up.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 10:44:49 PM

Bter.com  - price dropping like a rock.  Dumped mine.  Almost no buy orders left.
ISAWHIM

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 01:35:15 AM
Last edit: June 11, 2013, 01:52:26 AM by ISAWHIM

Wait for the transition... There is a massive influx of GPU miners, and new ones arriving daily... They won't touch BTC.

Once people stop cashing-out, and let the value rise, it will regain. There is a lot of volume on those coins still. I believe they are still doing a lot of marketing. It is just a bump until the market settles.

It is a great coin to mine, because the diff is real low. Ignore the value NOW... as that is irrelevant to being paid LATER. Unless you mine and cash-out immediately, then you just hurt any future potential. I have been buying Worldcoin, Fastcoin, and Mincoin, while mining the hell out of them all. When values are this low, they only have one way to go... Ok, two... up to invest or to down to hell.

BTW, WDC is actually "normal", if you look at more than just the "last week". It still has a steady volume of trades/sales. But the miners got hit with the same crap that FTC and LTC did. Thus, driven down.

Here you can see the difficulty charts. All the jumps are miners moving here, from BTC... Those with humps, are from pool-hoppers, in massive volume, following these charts... (Like multi-pool does, but in larger volumes.) The ones that dropped and flat-lined, got hit from the upgrade transition to the new CGminer vs wallet incompatibility, and the pump-n-dump team/guy that eventually took-over the lower diff pools. Because that is all he/she/they could handle/sustain for an attack.
http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency/

I am all over the place, talking with as many pool operators and coin-creators as possible. (Waiting for them to pay me to shut-up soon. lol.)

The biggest mistake they made was pre-mining coins, and giving them away... people instantly cashed them in, instead of spending them... that just drove the value down. They are out of premined coins to give away, most of them... and the ones that died, cashed-out their own premined coins and killed themselves. WDC, MNC, and FST have not done that.

MNC has the highest potential. The lower earning will ultimately lead to the highest value. Just as the cons paying more rewards will ultimately be lower in value. MNC is in that hump, transition, where many still have those easy coins and are tempted to cash-in... those too are almost gone. That is why it is a great coin to mine. It is easy to mine now, but will be real difficult later, which will force the value to rise fast. Just like bitcoins did, when the difficulty went up, and we had to raise the bar to recoup our losses.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 01:50:49 AM

Wait for the transition... There is a massive influx of GPU miners, and new ones arriving daily... They won't touch BTC.

Once people stop cashing-out, and let the value rise, it will regain. There is a lot of volume on those coins still. I believe they are still doing a lot of marketing. It is just a bump until the market settles.

It is a great coin to mine, because the diff is real low. Ignore the value NOW... as that is irrelevant to being paid LATER. Unless you mine and cash-out immediately, then you just hurt any future potential. I have been buying Worldcoin, Fastcoin, and Mincoin, while mining the hell out of them all. When values are this low, they only have one way to go... Ok, two... up to invest or to down to hell.

BTW, WDC is actually "normal", if you look at more than just the "last week". It still has a steady volume of trades/sales. But the miners got hit with the same crap that FTC and LTC did. Thus, driven down.

Here you can see the difficulty charts. All the jumps are miners moving here, from BTC... Those with humps, are from pool-hoppers, in massiv volume, following these charts... (Like multi-pool does, but in larger volumes.) The ones that dropped and flat-lined, got hit from the upgrade transition to the new CGminer vs wallet incompatibility, and the pump-n-dump team/guy that eventually took-over the lower diff pools. Because that is all he/she/they could handle/sustain for an attack.
http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency/

I am all over the place, talking with as many pool operators and coin-creators as possible. (Waiting for them tp pay me to shut-up soon. lol.)

The problem is too many people are all about the instant gratification. I have the feeling once the coins are all harder to mine, we're going to see yet another influx of tons of new coins so people can start out at low/no difficulty again, and the cycle will keep happening.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
ISAWHIM

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 01:57:08 AM

Like I said... We, the GPU market (the majority), will leave BTC and take our value/debt with us... Thus, BTC will drop until the ASICs have an asic-war, while scrypt-coins all rise. (The established ones, with an actual market.)

The value is no longer in trading scrypt for sha256... That is the transition. We don't want BTC anymore, we were pushed out. The top 2000 ASIC holders can have them all, and swim in them, like scrooge McDuck does with his gold. Without us, they have no value. The markets will adopt whatever pays the most, and BTC isn't paying shit. It is taking everything away.

In the end, it is 340,000 GPU miners, vs 2,000 ASIC miners. (The few who were suckered into paying for the big-guys to produce their ASIC factories, are the ones being hurt. They have no chance in hell at either market. Those buying tiny 5GHs and 65GHs machines while the big guys have made themselves 400THs machines with the money the mini-machines owners paid them. That was a flat-out kick in the teeth.)
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 02:01:49 AM

Like I said... We, the GPU market (the majority), will leave BTC and take our value/debt with us... Thus, BTC will drop until the ASICs have an asic-war, while scrypt-coins all rise. (The established ones, with an actual market.)

The value is no longer in trading scrypt for sha256... That is the transition. We don't want BTC anymore, we were pushed out. The top 2000 ASIC holders can have them all, and swim in them, like scrooge McDuck does with his gold. Without us, they have no value. The markets will adopt whatever pays the most, and BTC isn't paying shit. It is taking everything away.

In the end, it is 340,000 GPU miners, vs 2,000 ASIC miners. (The few who were suckered into paying for the big-guys to produce their ASIC factories, are the ones being hurt. They have no chance in hell at either market.)

The same thing will happen to Scrypt though. As more people move to Scrypt, the difficulty will rise. People will quit mining them and will move on to fresh new coins, in a perpetual cycle that ensures every coin will go from nothing -> something -> nothing -> dead.

This is a huge issue and I don't think enough thought has been put into how to stop it.

ISAWHIM

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 02:04:28 AM

But you still earn what you invest, within 3-6 months... Thanks to places like the exchanges and multi-pool.
That is not the case with BTC anymore.

Then a new coin will come out, that actually pays for doing work, not just burning GPU's up and feeding the power company. (Working on that now. It will NOT be a debt-coin. lol. But it will like CPU's GPU's {nVidia included, and Intels IGP}, and also RAM, and HD-space, and Internet-Bandwidth. No wars.)
flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 02:20:15 AM

In the end, it is 340,000 GPU miners, vs 2,000 ASIC miners. (The few who were suckered into paying for the big-guys to produce their ASIC factories, are the ones being hurt. They have no chance in hell at either market.)

The same thing will happen to Scrypt though. As more people move to Scrypt, the difficulty will rise. People will quit mining them and will move on to fresh new coins, in a perpetual cycle that ensures every coin will go from nothing -> something -> nothing -> dead.

This is a huge issue and I don't think enough thought has been put into how to stop it.

The only way to stop it is to add value to the coin by getting merchants to accept it.  If there are no merchants accepting a coin then all it is is a circlejerking pump/dump speculation fest.

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 02:23:18 AM

The only way to stop it is to add value to the coin by getting merchants to accept it.  If there are no merchants accepting a coin then all it is is a circlejerking pump/dump speculation fest.

This makes sense. FTC is doing a very hard push (well, has been, for a week or two now) for marketing and getting stores on board.

WDC is also making a push for it.

I guess we'll see where they go!

ISAWHIM

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 02:50:35 AM

Check that you are not double-paying us... FTC shares...

The top 10 miners are listed twice...
micabg   10.1936   13854
micabg   10.1936   13854
kayot   7.2063   9794
kayot   7.2063   9794
sbk1   6.8075   9252
sbk1   6.8075   9252
dwqwog   5.6648   7699
dwqwog   5.6648   7699
rqdxrocket   5.4478   7404

Just wasn't sure if it was a DB read error... or if it thinks there are twice as many of us. (It was only that table.)
flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 02:59:29 AM

MNC has the highest potential. The lower earning will ultimately lead to the highest value. Just as the cons paying more rewards will ultimately be lower in value. MNC is in that hump, transition, where many still have those easy coins and are tempted to cash-in... those too are almost gone. That is why it is a great coin to mine. It is easy to mine now, but will be real difficult later, which will force the value to rise fast. Just like bitcoins did, when the difficulty went up, and we had to raise the bar to recoup our losses.

MNC is practically abandoned.  I'd go so far as to say that MNC is probably the worst "established" altcoin, i.e. pre-FTC.  FTC would be the most promising of the "new crop" of altcoins if its community were anywhere near as big/good as it's touted to be.  After the response to the attacks over the past few days by the devs and the "community" (which was pretty much to sit around and watch) I sincerely doubt the community is as strong as claimed.

Right now BTC is the only coin doing any actual commerce (aside from the miniscule amount that LTC does).  Even LTC, the best altcoin, suffers from lack of interest on the part of the developers, to the point where they now have to ask for donations to continue development.  This is because everyone that was formerly on the LTC train left it to create the shitcoin of the day.

And here we are, profiting from it all.  Overall I think we are the winners here, at least for now.

flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 03:00:25 AM

Check that you are not double-paying us... FTC shares...

The top 10 miners are listed twice...
micabg   10.1936   13854
micabg   10.1936   13854
kayot   7.2063   9794
kayot   7.2063   9794
sbk1   6.8075   9252
sbk1   6.8075   9252
dwqwog   5.6648   7699
dwqwog   5.6648   7699

Just wasn't sure if it was a DB read error... or if it thinks there are twice as many of us. (It was only that table.)

Well that's a new and interesting bug..  FTC is definitely not getting double paid, but I'll look into it when I get a second.  Of course, it'll probably be gone by then.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: