Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 08:56:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][The Original Multipool - Scrypt/SHA256/Scrypt-N/X11] multipool.us  (Read 424129 times)
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 04:51:43 AM

Looks like we found another FTC block, seems like people want to mine it enough that they switched from the multiport to directly mining it.

Do you guys want it back on the multiport?  I'm going to have to increase confirms back up to 120.

I do! I was going to swap to another pool for FTC while waiting for you to fix the problems, but this will resolve it too, :p.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
flound1129 (OP)

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

www.multipool.us

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 04:55:23 AM

Looks like we found another FTC block, seems like people want to mine it enough that they switched from the multiport to directly mining it.

Do you guys want it back on the multiport?  I'm going to have to increase confirms back up to 120.

I do! I was going to swap to another pool for FTC while waiting for you to fix the problems, but this will resolve it too, :p.

If this block isn't orphaned, and nobody else complains, I'll add it back in the morning.

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 04:57:59 AM

If this block isn't orphaned, and nobody else complains, I'll add it back in the morning.

Sounds perfect. Thanks!

According to the FTC forums, the problem was caused by someone running a 51% attack on the pools, plus DDOS'ing some. They said the has rate went from 400MH/s to over 1.5GH/s and then it started getting tons of orphans from one of the pools. It appears to be fixed now.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 05:07:24 AM

Sounds perfect. Thanks!

According to the FTC forums, the problem was caused by someone running a 51% attack on the pools, plus DDOS'ing some. They said the has rate went from 400MH/s to over 1.5GH/s and then it started getting tons of orphans from one of the pools. It appears to be fixed now.

I suspected this was the case.  Was the 51% successful?

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 05:08:47 AM

Sounds perfect. Thanks!

I suspected this was the case.  Was the 51% successful?

As far as I'm understanding, all it did is create a lot of orphans. Though it started with a transaction of over 260k, but based on what I've seen there was no damage (double spend or anything).

flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 05:15:53 AM

Do you guys want it back on the multiport?  I'm going to have to increase confirms back up to 120.

Orphaned Sad

On IRC they're saying there's another fork.

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 05:22:45 AM

Do you guys want it back on the multiport?  I'm going to have to increase confirms back up to 120.

Orphaned Sad

On IRC they're saying there's another fork.

Wow, that sucks. Sad

erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 07:08:44 AM
Last edit: June 09, 2013, 07:49:05 AM by erk

Sounds perfect. Thanks!

It's interesting that they started DDoS on Choinchoose at the same time, definitely targeting miners.

I would like to know why several FTC and round shares have been removed from my account over the past few hours and the FTC manual payout doesn't do anything? I have since moved my FTC hashing to another pool.
flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 07:40:51 AM

Multiport stats page is now live.  The data is a bit sparse at the moment but it should give an idea of what's been going on for the past 24 hours.

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 07:53:34 AM

Multiport stats page is now live.  The data is a bit sparse at the moment but it should give an idea of what's been going on for the past 24 hours.

That's awesome! Depressing to see half of our time was wasted with FTC but there was no real way of knowing. I'm hoping FTC pulls out of this and perseveres!

erk

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 08:08:04 AM

Multiport stats page is now live.  The data is a bit sparse at the moment but it should give an idea of what's been going on for the past 24 hours.

That's awesome! Depressing to see half of our time was wasted with FTC but there was no real way of knowing. I'm hoping FTC pulls out of this and perseveres!
If a pool locks onto the wrong block chain, it's not the coins problem it's the pools for not picking it up quick enough. There is nothing peculiar to FTC code it all comes from BTC->LTC  and  is found in dozens of alts which have exactly the same flawed code. All are vulnerable, and this has to be taken into consideration by the pool owner.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 08:13:58 AM

Multiport stats page is now live.  The data is a bit sparse at the moment but it should give an idea of what's been going on for the past 24 hours.

If a pool locks onto the wrong block chain, it's not the coins problem it's the pools for not picking it up quick enough. There is nothing peculiar to FTC code it all comes from BTC->LTC  and  is found in dozens of alts which have exactly the same flawed code. All are vulnerable, and this has to be taken into consideration by the pool owner.

Hmm, can you please explain a little more about what the actual issue is? When people do the "51% attack" they can actually create a second chain that pools lock on to (this is what the "fork" is?)? And in the case of one of the forks, how does the pool know which one to follow? And the pool owner?

(Not trying to be sarcastic at all. I'm still pretty new to cryptos so my knowledge on the "technical" side is pretty lacking)

erk

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 08:28:25 AM

Hmm, can you please explain a little more about what the actual issue is? When people do the "51% attack" they can actually create a second chain that pools lock on to (this is what the "fork" is?)? And in the case of one of the forks, how does the pool know which one to follow? And the pool owner?

(Not trying to be sarcastic at all. I'm still pretty new to cryptos so my knowledge on the "technical" side is pretty lacking)
What I think is happening with FTC is that the automated pool hopping is corrupting the block chain.

Yesterday FTC net rate was plodding along at about 170MH/s then multipool suddenly threw another 85MH/s at it taking it to 265MH/s and about half an hour later there was another sudden jump up to over 500MH/s I presume as a result of people using profitability sites like Coinchoose/CoinWarz to target their mining focus.

Because FTC has a long confirmation delay, it was about 15min when this happened, a little bit of luck with the new miners and they can find a couple of blocks in this time and have a longer block chain. Kind of like a 51% attack. Some people think there was a deliberate attack on the FTC chain yesterday, but I haven't read a plausible explanation of how this would be done. You would need several hundred MH/s and that's a lot of GPU's to control.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 08:35:03 AM

What I think is happening with FTC is that the automated pool hopping is corrupting the block chain.

Yesterday FTC net rate was plodding along at about 170MH/s then multipool suddenly threw another 85MH/s at it taking it to 265MH/s and about half an hour later there was another sudden jump up to over 500MH/s I presume as a result of people using profitability sites like Coinchoose/CoinWarz to target their mining focus.

Because FTC has a long confirmation delay, it was about 15min when this happened, a little bit of luck with the new miners and they can find a couple of blocks in this time and have a longer block chain. Kind of like a 51% attack. Some people think there was a deliberate attack on the FTC chain yesterday, but I haven't read a plausible explanation of how this would be done. You would need several hundred MH/s and that's a lot of GPU's to control.

Ahh, so finding blocks too quickly causes a fork by increasing the size of the chain above what it should be?

zxc003

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 11:16:28 AM

Because of my poor english i can't explain very well, let the picture speak:

Why is this? And why my shares reduse?
SpaceCadet

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

Just mining my own business...

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 01:21:14 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2013, 02:31:31 PM by SpaceCadet

These are very interesting. I would also suggest another plot of the number of users and total hash rate in the multipool over the same time period.

The FTC MNC(?) plot is curious - it has a VERY different pattern than the other coin. Looking at price charts at the exchanges, there was more price movement than we've seen with it in a while, but even that doesnt match the profitability plot. I would recommend some basic smoothing like a three or four interval running average on the most volatile parameter (or maybe even all of them) to reduce the noise in the data...

EDIT: I was originally looking at the plots on my ipad, but didn't notice that what is in the pie chart (both coin and color assignments) does NOT match what's in the line plot until I looked using my desktop browser!  In the pie chart, FTC was green, but in the line plot (according to  the pop-up legend), MNC is green and the erratic one.  This makes it very confusing! Also, you have WDC in the line plot but not the pie chart.  

I realize you just got these up and still need to work out the kinks, so consider this some feedback from a software tester and not a flame! Smiley  It's not like you had to deal with a forking coin or anything else while doing all of this Wink
kslavik

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 02:00:11 PM

flound1129,

Clicking on the block # inside "LAST 30 BLOCKS FOUND" alt currencies would take the user to the BTC blockchain - I think it is a bug.

Use alternative blockchains for alt currencies

Ex:  http://blockexplorer.vircurpool.com/chain/MinCoin is for for MNC

Thank you

████
             ███  ███
           ████     ███
         ███  ███    ███
       ████     ███    ███
     ███  ███     ███    ███
   ████     ███     ███   ██
 ███  ███     █████████████████
███     ███     ███           ██
 ███      ███     ██          ██
   ███      ██████████      ███
     ███      ██████      ███
       ███      ██      ███
         ███          ███
           ███      ███
             ███  ███
               ████

GUTS
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

smart-ticket protocol for events
live product with market traction!
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

BTC ANN
  WEBSITE
  BLOG

SANDBOX
  WHITEPAPER
  BOUNTY

flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 04:20:25 PM

Because of my poor english i can't explain very well, let the picture speak:

Why is this? And why my shares reduse?

Fixed now.  You should see your balance update within a few minutes.

zxc003

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 04:34:14 PM

Yes, everthing is correct now. Thanks for quick reaction. Smiley
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 07:04:07 PM

Am I reading the Pool State correctly?  FTC continues to Orphan?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: