Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:10:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 [192] 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][The Original Multipool - Scrypt/SHA256/Scrypt-N/X11] multipool.us  (Read 424089 times)
Spiffy_1

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 08:15:36 AM

A while ago it was mentioned we would have the ability to choose which coins we wanted to mine for scrypt.  Is this still in the works or has it fallen to the waysite now that btc is in the spotlight?

If you like what I've posted, mine for me on whatever algo you like on www.zpool.ca for a minute using my bitcoin address: 1BJJYPRcRPzTEfByCwkeJ8SCBcrnGD1nhL

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lorr4crypto

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 09:13:04 AM

A while ago it was mentioned we would have the ability to choose which coins we wanted to mine for scrypt.  Is this still in the works or has it fallen to the waysite now that btc is in the spotlight?

I would also like to be able to choose to exclude a coin from the multiport.  Don't have any idea how feasible it is, though.
Slingshot

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 09:17:43 AM

I would also like to be able to choose to exclude a coin from the multiport.

flound1129 (OP)

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

www.multipool.us

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 09:40:22 AM

I've got some exciting news about the SHA-256 Multiport!

We've reached 29.41 BTC worth of payouts.  Once the next P2pool block is scored, (i.e. tomorrow morning), I'll be switching the BTC payouts to proportional scoring over an average day's worth of P2Pool blocks (so 2 blocks at the moment), to approximately match P2pool's 24 hour PPLNS.

Starting this Sunday, 11/24, the pool fee for all SHA-256 coins will be reduced to 0%, and it will remain at 0% until January 1, 2014.  There will be a separate announcement around this, but I wanted to post it here first so you are all aware.  We have a miner with approximately 5TH that will be joining us on Sunday and they will be posting their own announcement as well to encourage other miners to join us.

Any plans on adding other SHA-256 coins soon?  I've been mining UNO, ZET, ASC, and XJO, with interest in trying out DEM and TGC.  I may also be open to OSC and TEK, but they confuse me.  Right now, two things prevent me from using the SHA-256 multiport: 1) FRC's demurrage feature and 2) long block times on PPC and BTC.

1. I'm not sure why demurrage should matter unless you plan to hold the FRC for a long period of time.
2. I agree with you on PPC but not BTC.  Bitcoin blocks are found by P2pool fairly regularly and any shares you submit will be paid on a proportional basis whenever a block si found (p2pool finds blocks whether the multiport is on BTC or not)  PPcoin difficulty seems to have skyrocketed recently and I'm not sure why as it's been mostly unprofitable to mine, but it should definitely help a lot when we get more hashrate.

I am looking at other new coins to add to the multiport but I will likely avoid coins with too low difficulty (like ZET and UNO currently) unless they have difficulty adjustment algorithms that are more favorable to multimining.

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 09:41:52 AM

Pool fees have been lowered to 0% as promised for all SHA-256 coins for the remainder of 2013.

flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 09:46:14 AM

Some of you may have noticed I have been a bit less active lately.  I was on vacation for the past 2 weeks so if I have not responded to any posts or emails please feel free to repost/resend.  I am back at home now and things have returned to relative regularity.

flound1129 (OP)

www.multipool.us

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 09:48:13 AM

A while ago it was mentioned we would have the ability to choose which coins we wanted to mine for scrypt.  Is this still in the works or has it fallen to the waysite now that btc is in the spotlight?

I would also like to be able to choose to exclude a coin from the multiport.  Don't have any idea how feasible it is, though.

It is impossible the way things are currently architected.

I'd have to create individual multiports for each user.  It's a feature I have considered adding in the past, but have not had time to fully investigate what it would take or decide on a design.

In other news, I am reconsidering adding per-coin autoexchange to BTC, and doing it a bit differently than the other pools.  Stay tuned.

lorr4crypto

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 10:48:26 AM

I'd have to create individual multiports for each user.  It's a feature I have considered adding in the past, but have not had time to fully investigate what it would take or decide on a design.

In other news, I am reconsidering adding per-coin autoexchange to BTC, and doing it a bit differently than the other pools.  Stay tuned.

I'm far from a coder, but it seems to me that it would be quite complicated.  It would also be nice if, in addition to turning off coins you're not interested in mining, you were able to tune the profit algorithm to put more weight on either the difficulty or the sell price, whichever is more important to you.  I'm excited to see what new features you add in relation to an auto-exchange, but it's probably nothing I would use - I use multiport to mine the coins when difficulty is low and just save them, so I have very little interest in an auto-exchange.
thatdude

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 05:50:42 PM

The pool is not getting any blocks in MEC, when it is the active multiport coin, block times should be about 2 mins and nothing is coming up. Maybe it should be disabled from the multiport until it is straighten out.

regards,

thatdude
allbiznessman

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

SudoSuRootDev... AKA... AllBiznessMan

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2013, 06:01:24 PM

Flound,
I have been mining bottlecaps only on pool1.multipool.us for a few days, successfully, and it seems that something is wrong or very odd. The normal time for discovering a new block is 9 minutes, and we have not found one in over 6 1/2 hours. The difficulty is only at 0.53 and newer miners have joined me, two who have more hash power than I. Can you try to see if it is on a alternate chain, or stuck for some reason. If I were you, I would stop bottlecapsd, then delete peers.dat, and then restart bottlecapsd. Thanks flound!!!

PS... I see the post above stating no blocks for MEC as well, so it may be another issue, or we may be solving them and they aren't showing up in stats. Please let me know what is up.

Thanks,
Chris

AKA... AllBiznessMan && SudoSuRootDev

allbiznessman

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2013, 06:09:28 PM

Now, after looking back, I see that CAP, CGB, and MEC all have not found any blocks in over 6 1/2 hours, according to the stats. Plus MNC, FTC, NVC, and LTC are all over that time... is this just an issue with the stats updating, on the front-end, yet we are still working correctly on the backend? I have seen that happen a lot. Either way I just want to make sure you are aware and we are all getting paid for our work. Thanks again Flound!!!

Thanks,
Chris

allbiznessman

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2013, 06:20:30 PM
Last edit: November 24, 2013, 06:31:00 PM by allbiznessman

Hey all Multipool miners, do not worry, I am pretty sure we are all working and getting paid, only the stats for these coins are not updating on the website, but the backend work, payments, etc is actually working. Flound hasn't replied to me yet but I have seen this issue before, and I believe that he just needs to reset one of the servers or a frontend pool script which only takes a minute, plus y ratio of CAP per hour is updating and is around 20  - 40 average even though the stats say no block has been found in over 6 1/2 hours. So don't worry, and I just received a withdrawal because I lowered my auto-withdrawal, so I now have a zero balance and I will update here if/when my balance increases to prove that this is true! Maybe one of the MEC miners, can post if/when their balance increases... or a withdrawal is received.

Keep mining fellows!!!
Good luck, and Good day!!!

Thanks,
Chris

thatdude

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 06:30:22 PM

Just some food for thought, maybe you could create ports for combinations of coins like this:

comb. #1  Top 5 (by value)         LTC, NVC, FTC, MNC, CGB
comb. #2  Top 8 (by value)         LTC, NVC, FTC, MNC, CGB, MEC, WDC, DGC
comb. #3  Middle 6 (by value)     FTC, MNC, CGB, MEC, WDC, DGC
comb. #4  bottom 7 (by value)     MEC, WDC, DGC, LKY, ARG, PXC, CAP

I'm thinking some users might not be interested in coins with micro values, and others might not be interested in mining coins with really long block times.

Thanks.
allbiznessman

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2013, 06:38:04 PM

A while ago it was mentioned we would have the ability to choose which coins we wanted to mine for scrypt.  Is this still in the works or has it fallen to the waysite now that btc is in the spotlight?

I would also like to be able to choose to exclude a coin from the multiport.  Don't have any idea how feasible it is, though.

Just some food for thought, maybe you could create ports for combinations of coins like this:

comb. #1  Top 5 (by value)         LTC, NVC, FTC, MNC, CGB
comb. #2  Top 8 (by value)         LTC, NVC, FTC, MNC, CGB, MEC, WDC, DGC
comb. #3  Middle 6 (by value)     FTC, MNC, CGB, MEC, WDC, DGC
comb. #4  bottom 7 (by value)     MEC, WDC, DGC, LKY, ARG, PXC, CAP

I'm thinking some users might not be interested in coins with micro values, and others might not be interested in mining coins with really long block times.

Thanks.

+1 to that!!! I don't use the multiport anymore because I like to choose which coin I think is profitable, I only mined CGB for a long time, but now the block reward is so low I am mining CAP, but if I could mine both that would be cool. Is it even possible to merge mine on scrypt coins??? That would be awesome if I could merge mine CAP and CGB like many BTC mining pools do with BTC and NMC. PLus the link in my signature does BTC, NMC, IXC, and DVC all merged mining simultaneously. That would be awesome to merge mine scrypt. I am assuming it is not possible though, probably due to the memory/RAM required in scrypt mining, and someone would be doing it already if it could be done. But either way, even choosing the coins which you mine in a multiport is still a good idea. +1 again!!!

Thanks,
Chris

Spiffy_1

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 07:11:34 PM

I just got frustrated sitting on ltc for days on end knowing we don't have the hashrate to find many blocks... 400 Mhashes on ltc is nothing.  For me, anything with a huge mining length to get a coin isn't feasable.. So ltc is out, and nvc is out.. anything else I don't mind but I don't have a great way to manually switch off the pool to another when we hit ltc atm.

If you like what I've posted, mine for me on whatever algo you like on www.zpool.ca for a minute using my bitcoin address: 1BJJYPRcRPzTEfByCwkeJ8SCBcrnGD1nhL
soothaa

Activity: 1151
Merit: 528

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 07:14:30 PM

Hey there, I love this concept, and I'm trying to branch out and use the large amount of computation power available to me, but the requirement of the password in my userscript really cramps things up.

Why is there a password requirement? I mine BTC over at bitminter and they recently removed worker passwords due to the fact that there's no reason to have them. Is there a way to bypass this?

Want increased coin support within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for nearly any coin! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2979494
Want Masternode income stats within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for them! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3047367
allbiznessman

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2013, 07:24:30 PM

Hey there, I love this concept, and I'm trying to branch out and use the large amount of computation power available to me, but the requirement of the password in my userscript really cramps things up.

Why is there a password requirement? I mine BTC over at bitminter and they recently removed worker passwords due to the fact that there's no reason to have them. Is there a way to bypass this?

There is no worker password requirement with multipool. Something else must be wrong. What is happening? Are you using the correct worker name? Each worker name must be added on https://www.multipool.us/accountdetails.php page. It is username.worker  example... allbiznessman.1 allbiznessman.2

Make sure you are using a period (.) and not an underscore (_) between the user and worker names, with your miner.

Just enter a number or name in the box that says user, beside your username where you add your workers. Then in your miner use -u or --user, and....     username.worker

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Chris

lorr4crypto

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 08:59:28 PM

1. I'm not sure why demurrage should matter unless you plan to hold the FRC for a long period of time.
2. I agree with you on PPC but not BTC.  Bitcoin blocks are found by P2pool fairly regularly and any shares you submit will be paid on a proportional basis whenever a block si found (p2pool finds blocks whether the multiport is on BTC or not)  PPcoin difficulty seems to have skyrocketed recently and I'm not sure why as it's been mostly unprofitable to mine, but it should definitely help a lot when we get more hashrate.

I am looking at other new coins to add to the multiport but I will likely avoid coins with too low difficulty (like ZET and UNO currently) unless they have difficulty adjustment algorithms that are more favorable to multimining.

I do plan to hold my coins for a long time, with few exceptions.  I guess I could make FRC one of those exceptions.  I get your point about steady difficulty coins being unsuitable for the multiport, but UNO fluctuates regularly between 5k and 60k.  Looking back at the graph it looks like as high as 105k sometimes.  Maybe my gauge is off, but that's a pretty big fluctuation in my mind.

http://www.coinwarz.com/difficulty-charts/unobtanium-difficulty-chart
soothaa

Activity: 1151
Merit: 528

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 10:01:09 PM

There is no worker password requirement with multipool. Something else must be wrong. What is happening? Are you using the correct worker name? Each worker name must be added on https://www.multipool.us/accountdetails.php page. It is username.worker  example... allbiznessman.1 allbiznessman.2

Make sure you are using a period (.) and not an underscore (_) between the user and worker names, with your miner.

Just enter a number or name in the box that says user, beside your username where you add your workers. Then in your miner use -u or --user, and....     username.worker

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Chris

Thank you for your reply, it turns out that it is cgminer which wants a password. Setting -p password works a charm!

Want increased coin support within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for nearly any coin! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2979494
Want Masternode income stats within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for them! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3047367
leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 12:06:28 AM

more coins would be nice; those that are top in coinchoose are likely not in multipool, most of the time Sad

Truth is the new hatespeech.
Pages: « 1 ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 [192] 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: