Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:56:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 [334] 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BCC] Bitconnect Coin - Decentralized Cryptocurrency  (Read 384456 times)
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 02:16:09 AM

This has nothing to do with Bitconnect. Go ask in their thread or create a new thread if one doesn't exist.

===============================

Disagree. Bitconnect-X coin needs to be measured against competition so its investors can make best decisions. 80% of the posts  in past weeks are full of pictures unrelated to bit connect, just crap about Ponzi and other totally unrelated crap.

Bitconnect is a ponzi, X or no X. And other ponzis are off topic here. Create your own ponzi comparison thread.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
YuTü.Co.in

Activity: 728
Merit: 350

Re-monetizing YouTubers via Crypto-commodities

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 03:57:26 AM

The coin has been around for so long that it was a good profit for me when I was able to extract it, and I felt very sad when I diedCry

Houston, we have a problem. People are dying in this thread.

BRB after I hunt down pics of Ponzis and other unrelated crap not even remotely related to BitConnect, of which begs the question: What fuckin drugs are these people taking?

AGM76

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:00:40 AM

Can you believe this guy from icoreview.site stating that lending coins are a Ponzi. They are not a Ponzi, though!! I've explained my reasoning. If lending is a Ponzi, then PoS staking must be also (but staking always inflates the supply whereas lending often doesn't and this profit can be used by the lending platform to get more users which increases the price - all coins need more users to increase the price so this doesn't mean it's a Ponzi). Most cryptocurrencies will also be ponzis as no wealth is generated unless profits are used to affect the coin price (which lending platforms can do as lending often generates profits for the company without stealing from anyone else).

ICO CALENDAR TODAY (GMT LONDON TIME)

ongoing — (4.4/5) Lendium.Tech — next generation platform built with sophistication. Referral program in BTC and ETH so it’s healthy for the coin, i.e. less coin dumpers from referral earners.
in 3 days — (4.2/5) HitStake
ongoing — (4.6/5) Crystal Token — their trading bot is live on the dashboard and you can follow the trades. It trades on Poloniex. Makes high returns of a few % a day. I’ve been following it and it’s legit.

NEWS TODAY

KELLY BALTHAZAR: FalconCoin pulled the latest heist in the lending space. The lending space in itself is in a dark period, where most of the coins have exited and investors are left high and dry. There was also a huge fracas about how (4.5/5)  EternaCoin is actually FalconCoin 2.0, but after I spent some time researching the similarities between the two, I highly doubt so.

WHAT DO WE DO NOW? Lending coins are ponzi schemes. Like MLMs, even though people know that these pyramid schemes will most probably make them lose money, they still participate in it after all. Why? Because they convinced themselves that they are at the top of the pyramid scheme. (FYI: If you are at the top of any pyramid scheme, you do stand a high chance of making money.) Translating that into lending coin ICO language, it basically means participating in the coin early, or lending early, as early as the 1st day. But obviously, there are too many coins, and too little interest, so our money is spread too thin on each lending coin to make them work effectively. During the time when Bitconnect was the sole player, they could last for a long time because anyone who wanted to be in a ponzi scheme had only 1 choice and all the money could be used to continue building and sustaining the scheme.

Even after all that has happened, if you still hope to make some quick bucks by participating in lending coins, the best way we can do is to maximize our chances of winning by participating in coins with a lot of participants. As of now, the ONLY working lending coin is (5.0/5) LendConnect. You’ll be minimizing your risk in a high-risk environment. The 2nd go-to coin would be (4.9/5) MonetizeCoin. Their exchange has opened seamlessly, and right now they will be launching their lending (they call it campaign) program in 1-2 days’ time. They have very big hype with over 6k Telegram participants in their chat group.

In every industry, there are bubbles and crashes. The lending coin industry just experienced their first crash, and we are in the midst of it. As with any crash, the industry will recover. In any crash, there will be bankruptcies and consolidations. It’s just simple economics of the free market finding the sweet spot between supply and demand. When Bitconnect was the sole player, there was too little supply. Come December 2017, we saw too much supply. This bubble bursting merely allows the free market to dictate the equilibrium. Players that survive the crash will emerge as industry leaders.

Statistically, only 1% of the world population has had at least one experience in owning a cryptocurrency. 1% is a very small number. It is estimated that that number will grow to 10% in 2 years’ time. If we assume a correlational growth in the lending coin space, we are looking at a 10x user base in 2 years’ time.

(4.9/5) MonetizeCoin exchange is working seamlessly and withdrawals are instant. Try it for yourself and be amazed.

(4.7/5) ThornCoin you can stake for a longer period of time with higher payouts or stake for 30 days with lower payouts. Their rates seem to be sustainable. This is a pure staking coin, so your returns will depend solely on the coin’s price.

(4.5/5) EternaCoin Last week, I had a private video call with the EternaCoin developers, and there were 6 of them in the video call. I asked them a bunch of technical stuff which they were able to address and give a straight answer to. On top of that they provided me with their identification details which I have kept. The video call itself I have recorded. The purpose of this, as they have offered, is for me to release these information publicly if they were ever to pull an exit scam. I was on the fence about them all this time but today they showed some photos and videos of their mining farm which they plan to spend more on with the ICO money, and use the mining income to pay out staking dividends / buy back coins. So far they seem to be legit.

NEW COIN REVIEW

(4.3/5) Lendium.Tech — referral payouts in BTC and ETH (and not in Lendium coins) so as to maintain coin scarcity. So far coins that have maintained prices, like MonetizeCoin, pays out referrals in BTC and ETH.
(4.6/5) Crystal Token — their trading bot is live on the dashboard and you can follow the trades. It trades on Poloniex. Makes high returns of a few % a day. I’ve been following it and it’s legit.
(4.3/5) EternaCoin — pure staking platform with no withholding period.  Much safer bet than lending coins with lockout periods.

We have a new forum! More and more discussions are going on there. We support various languages, including pyccкий and tiếng việt  — https://forum.icoreview.site/

Please help to share our website to your local cryptocurrency community.
Thank you.

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:14:47 AM

Can you believe this guy from icoreview.site stating that lending coins are a Ponzi. They are not a Ponzi, though!! I've explained my reasoning. If lending is a Ponzi, then PoS staking must be also (but staking always inflates the supply whereas lending often doesn't and this profit can be used by the lending platform to get more users which increases the price - all coins need more users to increase the price so this doesn't mean it's a Ponzi). Most cryptocurrencies will also be ponzis as no wealth is generated unless profits are used to affect the coin price (which lending platforms can do as lending often generates profits for the company without stealing from anyone else).

Talking to AGM76 was like talking to a wall. Now it's time to ...

suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 04:23:47 AM

Can you believe this guy from icoreview.site stating that lending coins are a Ponzi.

Yes.
AGM76

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:34:43 AM

Can you believe this guy from icoreview.site stating that lending coins are a Ponzi.

Yes.

I thought he couldn't promote ponzis, though. I suppose cryptocurrencies are also Ponzi to some people (well most will be no different to ponzis, tbh, but at least lending platforms can generate profits to unponzify).

https://www.geek.com/tech/cryptocurrencies-could-be-one-big-ponzi-scheme-1726665/

But, there are also some growing voices that think all of these digital monies could just be elaborate, 21st-century iterations of the classic Ponzi Scheme.
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 04:43:43 AM

Yes.

I thought he couldn't promote ponzis, though. I suppose cryptocurrencies are also Ponzi to some people.

Some people fart in their cars. So?

I can believe that "lending" coins are ponzis. Most if not all match the SEC criteria:

https://www.sec.gov/fast-answers/answersponzihtm.html

What is a Ponzi scheme?
A Ponzi scheme is an investment fraud that involves the payment of purported returns to existing investors from funds contributed by new investors. Ponzi scheme organizers often solicit new investors by promising to invest funds in opportunities claimed to generate high returns with little or no risk. In many Ponzi schemes, the fraudsters focus on attracting new money to make promised payments to earlier-stage investors to create the false appearance that investors are profiting from a legitimate business.

Why do Ponzi schemes collapse?
With little or no legitimate earnings, Ponzi schemes require a consistent flow of money from new investors to continue. Ponzi schemes tend to collapse when it becomes difficult to recruit new investors or when a large number of investors ask to cash out.

What are some Ponzi scheme "red flags"?
Many Ponzi schemes share common characteristics. Look for these warning signs:

High investment returns with little or no risk. Every investment carries some degree of risk, and investments yielding higher returns typically involve more risk. Be highly suspicious of any "guaranteed" investment opportunity.

Overly consistent returns. Investment values tend to go up and down over time, especially those offering potentially high returns. Be suspect of an investment that continues to generate regular, positive returns regardless of overall market conditions.

Unregistered investments. Ponzi schemes typically involve investments that have not been registered with the SEC or with state regulators. Registration is important because it provides investors with access to key information about the company's management, products, services, and finances.

Unlicensed sellers. Federal and state securities laws require investment professionals and their firms to be licensed or registered. Most Ponzi schemes involve unlicensed individuals or unregistered firms.
Secretive and/or complex strategies. Avoiding investments you do not understand, or for which you cannot get complete information, is a good rule of thumb.

Issues with paperwork. Do not accept excuses regarding why you cannot review information about an investment in writing. Also, account statement errors and inconsistencies may be signs that funds are not being invested as promised.

Difficulty receiving payments. Be suspicious if you do not receive a payment or have difficulty cashing out your investment. Keep in mind that Ponzi scheme promoters routinely encourage participants to "roll over" investments and sometimes promise returns offering even higher returns on the amount rolled over.
3x2
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:49:41 AM

Personally, is there any chance we will be compensated for the damages of the BCC through the lawsuits?
No i don't think so. The question is who will compensate you with the money?? there has been no one directly linked with Bitconnect and lawsuit against a abstract entity will get you nothing but will only eat up your time.
LilDonkey

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:52:26 AM

How is this thread still alive...SCAM!!!!
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 05:26:41 AM

Personally, is there any chance we will be compensated for the damages of the BCC through the lawsuits?
No i don't think so. The question is who will compensate you with the money?? there has been no one directly linked with Bitconnect and lawsuit against a abstract entity will get you nothing but will only eat up your time.

AbstractEntityConnect (AEC): You don't know who the fuck we are, but we're well versed on how to get you Investards to CONTINUALLY send us your precious. Proof? Why did the Investards cross the road? Because we told them to.
3x2
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 05:36:21 AM

AbstractEntityConnect (AEC): You don't know who the fuck we are, but we're well versed on how to get you Investards to CONTINUALLY send us your precious. Proof? Why did the Investards cross the road? Because we told them to.
Haahaaa..
I wanna ask one thing how can once convince others so much that they started feeling for bitconnect and started vouching for BCC. I mean i am shocked to see real people wearing tees and dining in extravagant hotels with bitconnect infographic everywhere, this cant be one man game?? this cannot be scam that cannot be backtracked.
 Look at the official bitconnect channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC21siJ1LcNnAm05ndZq8pDQ/videos
They have uncountable real people.. I heard that bitconnect paid carlos matos his flight and hotel fees..not in btc but they used to book for him, so if FBI tracks who paid for him and other investigations can be done then will not the scammer behind it be caught??

i am baffled how can someone create such a strong scam company that people started to have feeling for it.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 06:13:56 AM

Haahaaa..
I wanna ask one thing how can once convince others so much that they started feeling for bitconnect and started vouching for BCC. I mean i am shocked to see real people wearing tees and dining in extravagant hotels with bitconnect infographic everywhere, this cant be one man game?? this cannot be scam that cannot be backtracked.
 Look at the official bitconnect channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC21siJ1LcNnAm05ndZq8pDQ/videos
They have uncountable real people.. I heard that bitconnect paid carlos matos his flight and hotel fees..not in btc but they used to book for him, so if FBI tracks who paid for him and other investigations can be done then will not the scammer behind it be caught??

i am baffled how can someone create such a strong scam company that people started to have feeling for it.

The FBI et al. can easily figure out who the leader is by uncovering who paid for the domain name and initial hosting of the site thanks to KYC.
yianni

Activity: 141
Merit: 18

BScEE, BScCS, MScCS

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:58:00 PM

Haahaaa..

The FBI et al. can easily figure out who the leader is by uncovering who paid for the domain name and initial hosting of the site thanks to KYC.

You must be joking now. All it takes is an anonymous credit card which is available in many countries and you can declare any name you like when registering the domain. On top of that FBI has no jurisdiction on domain registrars not located in the US.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:31:20 PM

Haahaaa..

You must be joking now. All it takes is an anonymous credit card which is available in many countries and you can declare any name you like when registering the domain. On top of that FBI has no jurisdiction on domain registrars not located in the US.

My bad! I forgot that all that is needed to get around KYC is to provide an anonymous credit card and bogus vitals.

How about hosting?

DOMAIN INFORMATION
Domain:bitconnect.co
Registrar:NameCheap, Inc.
Registration Date:2016-02-09
Expiration Date:2021-02-08
Updated Date:2017-07-29
Name Servers:cheryl.ns.cloudflare.com
elliot.ns.cloudflare.com

The last time I checked, Cloudflare in located in the US. You telling me that the FBI et al. doesn't give a shit if Russian (e.g) rogue agents use their service to say influence US elections? What if somebody is using servers in Iceland, let's say, to host their site known for the sale of drugs? Do you think the FBI et al. would have any problem getting the server outfit to comply to their demands? Quick aside: I wonder how Ross is holding up in prison, serving a life term with no chance for parole.

And let's not forget that ALL pipes lead to a small building in Utah putting the WBM efforts to shame.
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 10:53:49 PM

And let's not forget that ALL pipes lead to a small building in Utah putting the WBM efforts to shame.

The building in Utah probably doesn't care unless bitconnectors sent money to ISIS.

Which they might have, now that I think about it. I mean they did no KYC whatsoever, so chances are they accepted deposits from some shady entities and perhaps even paid out to them.

And yeah, FBI should definitely talk to Cheryl and Elliot at CloudFlare - those guys are involved in many scams.
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:05:54 AM

I don't really understand how you still don't get it. Let me try again:

A Ponzi scheme is "a form of fraud in which belief in the success of a nonexistent enterprise is fostered by the payment of quick returns to the first investors from money invested by later investors".

In the case of BitConnect, the nonexistent enterprise was the trading bot. They claimed that they had a trading bot which made a profit whenever the price of BTC went up or down, but they didn't. It was a "nonexistent enterprise". They obfuscated things a little by using their own token for deposits and payouts, but it didn't change anything. They claimed that they would pay returns denominated in US dollars using their token. Since they had no source of revenue with which to pay these profits, it was bound to end eventually. The only way they could continue paying out would be if the price of their token continued to rise forever, which is impossible. For the token price to rise forever they would need an ever increasing amount of new investment in their token to continue pumping the price up. If these new investors ever stop investing the price of the token falls and they run into trouble paying out the promised returns. Remember that the returns are denominated in dollars, and so as the token price falls they need ever increasing numbers of these tokens to pay out the promised returns. Those returns get dumped on the market, dropping the token price further, meaning they need even more tokens to pay out the next guy, and it spirals ever downwards until the token is worth nothing and they need an infinite number of them to make the next payment.

On the other hand, Proof of Stake coins don't make any such promise of dollar denominated returns. The deal is something like this: "stake some coins to help secure the network, and the network will create new coins out of thin air for you as payment". This creation of new coins debases the money supply, causing downwards pressure on the token price. Everyone understands this, and it can continue indefinitely. At no point does anyone need to find massive amounts of the tokens to pay off some promised returns. The returns are created on demand. There is no need of new investment in order to be able to make the payouts. A proof of stake coin could continue indefinitely with no new investors. The price would tank, but that doesn't matter since there are no dollar denominated liabilities that have to be met.

Do you see the difference? BitConnect and other lending coins inevitably end up insolvent. Proof of Stake coins never do.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
wnfakind

Activity: 96
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:12:35 AM

Are people still at it here? Wake the fuck up and move on.. make sure to do your research as all investors here were warned.
mmo4me.2016

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 03:24:13 AM

Are people still at it here? Wake the fuck up and move on.. make sure to do your research as all investors here were warned.
This coin have best name and need more works to wake up again! I think!
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 04:15:54 AM

This coin have best name and need more works to wake up again! I think!

Danger, Will Robinson! A prospective Investard is thinking.
Aimee111

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 04:18:50 AM

It's normal to have more than one year's ICO running, so we should be more careful with ICO.
Pages: « 1 ... 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 [334] 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 »
  Print  

Jump to: