Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:48:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: OLD: BFGMiner 3.10.0: modular ASIC+FPGA, GBT+Strtm, RPC, Mac/Lnx/W64, AntU1, DRB  (Read 1192942 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Megistal

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 03:31:10 PM

Hello,

First, let me thank you about your dedicated time in BFGminer project.

I was wondering if it was possible to run multiple instance of BFGMiner on a single machine to mine different coin with different pool, both having their proper fail over pool.
(In other words, on the same machine, BFGMiner Instance 1 mine X coin on Y pool having Z fail over pool, BFGMiner Instance 2 min A coin on B pool having C fail over pool)
I'm calling BFGMiner from a batch file (if that can help) so I can configure switchs as needed.

FYI: I'm using the NanoFury USB chip only (for the fun of it)

1- I've tried the -d and / or --device switch to turn off some of the devices on instance 1 of BFGMiner and enable them on a second instance
Result -> First instance still showed all the USB device even those NFY that were turned OFF. Second instance -> ran but detect no device

2- I've also tried the -S switch to scan device and try to "separate" them from the command line, wasn't successful.
3- I thought using the --set switch to set default parameters on the wanted NFY on each instance but didn't succeeded.
4- I've also tried to "release" a NFY chip when BFGMiner was running but it only turned it OFF

Is it possible to run BFGMiner like I was trying to do, is it a configuration issue or that particular scenario isn't supported?
Thank you

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mudbankkeith

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 03:40:10 PM

Hello,

I was wondering if it was possible to run multiple instance of BFGMiner on a single machine to mine different coin with different pool, both having their proper fail over pool.
(In other words, on the same machine, BFGMiner Instance 1 mine X coin on Y pool having Z fail over pool, BFGMiner Instance 2 min A coin on B pool having C fail over pool)
I'm calling BFGMiner from a batch file (if that can help) so I can configure switchs as needed.

1- I've tried the -d and / or --device switch to turn off some of the devices on instance 1 of BFGMiner and enable them on a second instance
Result -> First instance still showed all the USB device even those NFY that were turned OFF. Second instance -> ran but detect no device

2- I've also tried the -S switch to scan device and try to "separate" them from the command line, wasn't successful.
3- I thought using the --set switch to set default parameters on the wanted NFY on each instance but didn't succeeded.
4- I've also tried to "release" a NFY chip when BFGMiner was running but it only turned it OFF

Is it possible to run BFGMiner like I was trying to do, is it a configuration issue or that particular scenario isn't supported?
Thank you

use the (M)anage command to access them in the first session. then (D)elete

then your second session should auto detect

BTc donations welcome:-  13c2KuzWCaWFTXF171Zn1HrKhMYARPKv97
Megistal

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 03:46:31 PM

use the M command to stop them in the first session.

Hummm from what I recall this put off the chip only, but my memory could also be wrong I'll test that tonight to make sure.
Any possible way to parametrize that instead of starting BFGMiner first?

Thank you
Mudbankkeith

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:58:18 PM

Hummm from what I recall this put off the chip only, but my memory could also be wrong I'll test that tonight to make sure.

Thank you

yes it marks the device as "off"

your next session will then auto detect this device as available.

when your second session is running, you can stop the first session, then re start it.

the other way is to define the com ports. you need to go back into this thread for details.

Taugeran

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

CCNA: There i fixed the internet.

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:26:33 PM

Thank you

yes it marks the device as "off"

your next session will then auto detect this device as available.

when your second session is running, you can stop the first session, then re start it.

the other way is to define the com ports. you need to go back into this thread for details.

NFY are not assigned a com port since they use the HID driver

You would need the USB path and/or serial number of each device. S/N can be seen from manage panel in bfgminer and use dentify to see which is which

Bitfury HW & Habañero : 1.625Th/s
tips/Donations: 1NoS89H3Mr6U5CmP4VwWzU2318JEMxHL1
Come join Coinbase
Megistal

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:56:38 PM

This is what I've found in a previous thread (and will change the -S parameter accordingly):

You might also try simplifying your command line to '-S COM4' instead of '-S bitforce://./COM4'; I am running cgminer 2.3.6, 2.4.1, and 2.4.2 on Win7/64 machines with ONLY Singles (no GPUs) and I've never had to specify 'bitforce:' on my command line. Also, the long-hand form of '//./COM4' is only required for COMxx ports where 'xx' is '10' or higher.

I will also give it a try with that (it seems easier to do):
You would need the USB path and/or serial number of each device. S/N can be seen from manage panel in bfgminer and use dentify to see which is which

I've seen the serial when running bfgminer. What would the parameter looks like? -S SerialNFY1 SerialNFY2 SerialNFY4 (not using #3 for the other instance)

Thank you both of you I'll check those out tonight.
Feel happy again!  Cheesy
Carbonatom13

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 09:09:47 PM

Hey all,

I was wondering if someone would be so kind as to post their command line for a mining setup that includes multiple types of hardware (specifically one that runs an antminer U1 and a BFL miner)? I've been mining for a little while and got a lot of info off this thread when i made the switch from cgminer to BFGminer, but now that i'm experimenting with multiple miners I could use some help with the command lines.

I'm sure that if i went back through all 131 pages of this post again, I would be able to find this information....

Sorry in advance for sounding like a lazy n00b

C13
Mudbankkeith

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 09:15:41 PM

Hey all,

I was wondering if someone would be so kind as to post their command line for a mining setup that includes multiple types of hardware (specifically one that runs an antminer U1 and a BFL miner)? I've been mining for a little while and got a lot of info off this thread when i made the switch from cgminer to BFGminer, but now that i'm experimenting with multiple miners I could use some help with the command lines.

I'm sure that if i went back through all 131 pages of this post again, I would be able to find this information....

C13

Here is a selection

bfgminer.exe --set-device antminer:clock=x0981 --icarus-options 115200:2:2 -o http://stratum.bitcoin.cz:3333 -O worker:password -S antminer:all (this allows fore some clocking)

bfgminer.exe -o http://stratum.bitcoin.cz:3333 -O worker:pasword -S erupter:all

bfgminer.exe -o http://stratum.bitcoin.cz:3333 -O worker:pasword -S bfl:all

bfgminer.exe -o http://stratum.bitcoin.cz:3333 -O worker:pasword -S bpm:all

Or if you need a basic catch all line:-       bfgminer.exe -o http://stratum.bitcoin.cz:3333 -O worker:pasword -S all

jedimstr

Activity: 798

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 09:31:37 PM

Hey all,

C13

Here is a selection

bfgminer.exe --set-device antminer:clock=x0981 --icarus-options 115200:2:2 -o http://stratum.bitcoin.cz:3333 -O worker:password -S antminer:all (this allows fore some clocking)

bfgminer.exe -o http://stratum.bitcoin.cz:3333 -O worker:pasword -S erupter:all

bfgminer.exe -o http://stratum.bitcoin.cz:3333 -O worker:pasword -S bfl:all

bfgminer.exe -o http://stratum.bitcoin.cz:3333 -O worker:pasword -S bpm:all

Or if you need a basic catch all line:-       bfgminer.exe -o http://stratum.bitcoin.cz:3333 -O worker:pasword -S all

Does -S bfl:all work?  I thought we had to use -S bitforce:all for the Butterfly Labs gear (bitforce is the name of their current gen chip)?

Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 10:53:49 PM

Does -S bfl:all work?  I thought we had to use -S bitforce:all for the Butterfly Labs gear (bitforce is the name of their current gen chip)?
"bfl" (or any other TLA) will select all drivers providing said TLA devices.

Megistal

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 11:38:56 PM

This is what I've found in a previous thread (and will change the -S parameter accordingly):

You might also try simplifying your command line to '-S COM4' instead of '-S bitforce://./COM4'; I am running cgminer 2.3.6, 2.4.1, and 2.4.2 on Win7/64 machines with ONLY Singles (no GPUs) and I've never had to specify 'bitforce:' on my command line. Also, the long-hand form of '//./COM4' is only required for COMxx ports where 'xx' is '10' or higher.

I will also give it a try with that (it seems easier to do):

I've seen the serial when running bfgminer. What would the parameter looks like? -S SerialNFY1 SerialNFY2 SerialNFY4 (not using #3 for the other instance)

Thank you both of you I'll check those out tonight.
Feel happy again!  Cheesy

Hummm All the chips always run whatever the config I use

-S NFY@\\.\USB1
-S NFY@\\.\USBSNumber
-S bifury:SNumber
-S bfl:SNumber
-S SNumber
-S NFY@/dev/ttyUSBSNumber
-S \\.\COMn (where n were replace by possible numbers)

and some other that I don't remember (was too excited to write them down at first)
Either all chips ran or bfgminer wouldn't start.

What would be the correct syntax?
(Btw I've read that USB root could change number when rebooting, hence why I'd prefer the Serial Number solution if possible)
(Read twice the manual, read readmeASIC.txt don't get it, what am I missing?)

Thank you
mogrith
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001

Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 11:45:03 PM

Here where I have two bluFuries and one erupter in one hub

Win7 64

bfgminer.exe -S bigpic:\\.\COM9 -S bigpic:\\.\COM4 -S erupter:\\.\COM6

Merge mine BLC+PHO+ELT+XDQ+BBTC+UMO+LIT pool is open http://la1.blakecoin.com tips: 1MogRiTHpQZ7bkpq49cSVWADrTt7Jrghp
Megistal

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 12:06:13 AM

Here where I have two bluFuries and one erupter in one hub

Win7 64

bfgminer.exe -S bigpic:\\.\COM9 -S bigpic:\\.\COM4 -S erupter:\\.\COM6

Thank you,

I'm starting to feel that I don't have the correct prefix (NFY)
Tried (with different port for the chips):

-S bifury:\\.\COM3
-S bigpic:\\.\COM3
-S NFY:\\.\COM3

Still all of them start Sad
OleOle

Activity: 532

Are you like these guys?

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:02:17 AM

Hello,

Thank you

It might not be recommended but I run three different instances of BFGMiner on the same machine:

3.2.1 for Block Erupters
3.5.1 for Blue Furies
3.10.0 for Antminer U1's

It works very well and allows me to power down all the Blue Furies when one inevitably hangs while leaving the other miner types running without interruption. I run the Blue Furies and the Antminers in the same hubs, works fine. I used to run all three types of miners in the same hubs but there was some complication which caused a conflict between the Antminers and the Block Erupters although I'm pretty sure that if I had burned my brain some more I could have resolved what I think was a conflict generated by the command line on the miners.

It's going to be fun as I'll be endeavouring to add some DualMiners into the mix which are being shipped as we speak, although I'm not sure that they'll be supported yet by BFGMiner so I might have to run some other miner for a while but you can bet that I'll be switching to BFG when the DualMiners are supported, so that will probably be a fourth instance of BFG running on the one machine.

Good luck with it.

Smiley

mfread

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:43:24 AM

update

Set up a 12v PSU fan (powered by a 240v to 12v power pack) to blow cool air at the ASIC (see screenshot).

http://i57.tinypic.com/207wzfb.jpg

Below is screenshot of BFGminer at the 1hr mark, and another at the 2hr mark.

http://i60.tinypic.com/29qk606.png
http://i60.tinypic.com/rby520.png

Clearly the ASIC is getting slightly warmer as time goes on. At least with the fan it doesn't get to 100% HW failure after 5 minutes. But I'm still a very long way away fro the standard 333MH/s value, yet alone the claimed 435MH/s value the seller said he was running it at (I'm getting the sneaky suspicion that his long-term overclocking has largely killed the ASIC.

I will try a smaller (USB powered) fan so it concentrates the cooling directly at the ASIC.

Will report back later.

@Mudbankkeith - I wish I knew someone Smiley  I live in the Blue Mountains, West of Sydney, Australia.

you need access to another fellow miner with a known good setup.

Its a nice place to live, but I am told it is a bit remote.

It is sounding more like a defective device, internet bandwidth restriction or power problems.

Have you tried Multiminer?      still uses BFG but may give you some more info.
Cassey

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

Better to have 100 friends than 100 rubles

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:54:20 AM

You have a huge hardware error rate.  What clock are you trying to use?

Cassey
mfread

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 03:20:37 AM

@Cassey, not sure what you mean. I'm relatively new to mining - and this is my first ASIC install.

I'm using bfgminer-3.10.0-win32 with these params:

rem As of bfgminer 3.8.X you no longer need to specify the –icarus-options or the –icarus-timing
bfgminer -o stratum+tcp://de1.miningpool.co:10701 -u mfread.asic1 -p x -S erupter:all

ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 03:33:15 AM

It looks like you need a powered hub.
The ports on those systems are not the most robust power wise.
That should take care of your hardware errors if the ASIC is ok.

@Cassey, not sure what you mean. I'm relatively new to mining - and this is my first ASIC install.

rem As of bfgminer 3.8.X you no longer need to specify the –icarus-options or the –icarus-timing
bfgminer -o stratum+tcp://de1.miningpool.co:10701 -u mfread.asic1 -p x -S erupter:all

OleOle

Activity: 532

Are you like these guys?

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 04:01:24 AM

Hi mate, if you look along the line where your miner is identified beginning with "BES 0 ......." right to the end, the last part is "HW:603/ 83%" - that's the Hard Ware error rate at 83%, insanely high for the usually well-manufactured Block Erupters.

I have a friend who threw a Block Erupter into the back of his ancient desktop and after uploading the driver the Erupter runs fine at the stock speed of about 334MH/s and the reason I'm saying that is, like others who've commented above, I think your "overclocked" Erupter is "verydamaged" and if it was me I'd take hammer to it as I'd suspect you're wasting your time with it.

There's plenty of good Aussie sellers on ebay.com.au and I'm sure you could pick up an Erupter for about thirty bucks. So don't waste any more time with it, get a couple of miners from different sellers and test them out on your pc as I think you'll find that you don't need the fan as although the Erupters run hot, they do so without many hardware errors. I've bought 22 Erupters from around the world, they travel well are usually very well-manufactured and run with exceedingly low hardware error rates. And among other miners, I'm running ten Erupters without any cooling near a west facing window in Sydney and my highest HW error rate of an Erupter is 0.75%, less than 1% and it's been running under these pretty harsh Sydney summer conditions for over five months. So save yourself the grief, buy from someone with a good reputation on ebay, buy from Oz to keep postage down and get your hammer ready for that "verydamaged" Erupter that's giving you the hassle.

If you don't want to do that, then like folks have said, you need to try to give it more power so buy a powered hub checking on this list first:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=253749.0

My other comment would be to try a different pool, try BTC Guild or another larger pool that you know is definitely working at full efficiency as if you've got any weird latency with your pool or even your ISP, that's not going to help either.

That's my two cents anyway.

Good luck with it.

Smiley

mfread

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 04:13:31 AM

Thanks @OleOle

1) I have tried with a powered USB 2.0 4-port hub. Makes no difference.

2) I did buy from a reputable seller on eBay. He lives in Canberra. Cost was A$40 (inc postage).

3) The seller said he has dozens of these units and has been running them overclocked. I will send it back to him and insist on another one.

4) I was also under the impression that a fan wasn't necessary (unless you want to overclock these puppies). Glad you have confirmed this for me.

5) Yep, I've wasted hours on this friggin' thing. Doesn't help when your relatively new to mining, and ASIC's in particular. I didn't know what I was looking for specifically.

Cheers mate.
Mark

Hi mate, if you look along the line where your miner is identified beginning with "BES 0 ......." right to the end, the last part is "HW:603/ 83%" - that's the Hard Ware error rate at 83%, insanely high for the usually well-manufactured Block Erupters.

I have a friend who threw a Block Erupter into the back of his ancient desktop and after uploading the driver the Erupter runs fine at the stock speed of about 334MH/s and the reason I'm saying that is, like others who've commented above, I think your "overclocked" Erupter is "verydamaged" and if it was me I'd take hammer to it as I'd suspect you're wasting your time with it.

There's plenty of good Aussie sellers on ebay.com.au and I'm sure you could pick up an Erupter for about thirty bucks. So don't waste any more time with it, get a couple of miners from different sellers and test them out on your pc as I think you'll find that you don't need the fan as although the Erupters run hot, they do so without many hardware errors. I've bought 22 Erupters from around the world, they travel well are usually very well-manufactured and run with exceedingly low hardware error rates. And among other miners, I'm running ten Erupters without any cooling near a west facing window in Sydney and my highest HW error rate of an Erupter is 0.75%, less than 1% and it's been running under these pretty harsh Sydney summer conditions for over five months. So save yourself the grief, buy from someone with a good reputation on ebay, buy from Oz to keep postage down and get your hammer ready for that "verydamaged" Erupter that's giving you the hassle.

If you don't want to do that, then like folks have said, you need to try to give it more power so buy a powered hub checking on this list first:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=253749.0

My other comment would be to try a different pool, try BTC Guild or another larger pool that you know is definitely working at full efficiency as if you've got any weird latency with your pool or even your ISP, that's not going to help either.

That's my two cents anyway.

Good luck with it.

Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 »
  Print  

Jump to: