Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:22:44 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: OLD: BFGMiner 3.10.0: modular ASIC+FPGA, GBT+Strtm, RPC, Mac/Lnx/W64, AntU1, DRB  (Read 1192980 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
joseska

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 08:02:23 AM

Hello. I´m trying to compile 3.0.2 on windows but it´s imposible to me.  Angry Sad Sad
I would like to have the BFG 3.0.2 compiled with the --enable-cpu and --enable-scrypt.

I know that only CPU mining is a waste of time, but it´s for testing. I'm trying to test CPU and GPU mining (only for FUN and for make diferent testing).

someone have the BFG 3.x.x with "--enable-scrypt --enable-cpu"?

thanks.....
sorry for my english

Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 08:28:27 AM

Hello. I´m trying to compile 3.0.2 on windows but it´s imposible to me.  Angry Sad Sad
I would like to have the BFG 3.0.2 compiled with the --enable-cpu and --enable-scrypt.

I know that only CPU mining is a waste of time, but it´s for testing. I'm trying to test CPU and GPU mining (only for FUN and for make diferent testing).

You'll probably have better success working with the latest git code.
I posted binaries a few days ago with scrypt CPU mining supported as well.

joseska

Activity: 32

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 11:23:25 AM

sorry but, download from here: https://github.com/luke-jr/bfgminer ??

thanks....
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 05:15:49 PM

sorry but, download from here: https://github.com/luke-jr/bfgminer ??
https://github.com/luke-jr/bfgminer/blob/bfgminer/windows-build.txt

I'm trying to run bfgminer (3.0.2) with my 30 erupters but I'm getting about 3-4% h/w errors.   I cool them in a specially designed cooling case.  The temperature on the sinks is abut 24-26C.

Here is a screenshot with stats:

http://www.petermoss.com/akbash-dev/bfgminer-erupters.jpg

My question is:  In your experience, what is the root cause of h/w errors?  More importantly, can it be improved in s/w?
Usually you can clock FPGAs/ASICs higher without damaging the chips themselves (overclocking), but getting instead logic errors resulting in things like this.
Since the overall hashrate is higher (desite the errors), it's usually considered "normal" to clock it to such a level (although 5% is quite a bit).
Unfortunately, for Block Erupters, there is zero software control available, so the only thing that can be done is try to cool it better.
It might also be possible that since their hashrate is about 10% higher than advertised, they simply declare them "good" even if there are actual defects that reduce the hashrate within that 10% - in which case there may be nothing you can do even with cooling.

davidspitzer

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 05:35:51 PM

I am soliciting some advice for the optimal .conf file config for BFL ASICS - I am bringing 8 Jalapenos online tomorrow night and have always ran my FPGA Singles with a rather vanilla .conf. (I know there are probably more optimum settings) With the Asics I want to get the maximum utility with them  - below is the conf  - I use with my 10 FPGA Singles

Thanks in advance for any input

{
"pools" : [
   {
      "url" : "stratum.btcguild.com:3333",
      "user" : "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx",
      "pass" : "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx",
      "pool-priority" : "0"
   }
]
"api-port" : "4028",
"expiry" : "120",
"expiry-lp" : "3600",
"gpu-dyninterval" : "7",
"gpu-threads" : "2",
"log" : "5",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"no-show-processors" : true,
"no-show-procs" : true,
"queue" : "1",
"scan-time" : "60",
"skip-security-checks" : "0",
"submit-stale" : true,
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",
"shares" : "0",
"kernel-path" : "C:\\Program Files\\BFGMiner\\/bin"
}
davidspitzer

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 05:27:58 PM

I had 14 devices attached, which all display - I attached a few more fpgas and the seem to all be hashing but i only see the first 14 devices - is there someway to force display in the dos window of all devices and their hashing info
shawtux

Activity: 57

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 07:04:14 PM

hi!
question for linux savy. why is it that everytime i run "bfgminer <params> &" and close the terminal it shuts down bfgminer? is there some way to keep it running?
is there some kind of remote gui to manage it when in & mode?
modrobert

Activity: 355
Merit: 284

-"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 07:10:29 PM

hi!
question for linux savy. why is it that everytime i run "bfgminer <params> &" and close the terminal it shuts down bfgminer? is there some way to keep it running?

I recommend 'screen', and skip the '&'.
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 07:37:40 PM

I had 14 devices attached, which all display - I attached a few more fpgas and the seem to all be hashing but i only see the first 14 devices - is there someway to force display in the dos window of all devices and their hashing info
Make it bigger. Or scroll the list with the up/down arrow keys.

hi!
If you really want to do this (I also recommend screen), you probably need to use --text-only and --real-quiet.

glowkeeper

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2013, 08:39:16 PM

hi!

I recommend 'screen', and skip the '&'.

The ampersand just means run it in the background; once you close the terminal, there is no background Wink The old way was to "nohup" the process. But that was before the days of screen.....
davidspitzer

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 12:25:47 AM

hi!
If you really want to do this (I also recommend screen), you probably need to use --text-only and --real-quiet.

in windows 7 the cmd window is locked when started from the exe - is there conf command to set the window size
davidspitzer

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 12:30:57 AM

hi!

in windows 7 the cmd window is locked when started from the exe - is there conf command to set the window size

ahh i figured it out - had to make the windows default dos window bigger and im golden - once running you cannot adjust it
davidspitzer

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 05:20:00 PM

If you have multiple asics.  Is there a way through bfgminer to physically identify, which unit is which
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 05:23:34 PM

If you have multiple asics.  Is there a way through bfgminer to physically identify, which unit is which
Depends on the ASIC device. BitForce devices have a LED you can flash via RPC.

davidspitzer

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 05:33:43 PM

They are jalapeños. Is there a process you can point me to or FAQ on hiw to use RPC to blink the led's

Thanks
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 05:38:18 PM

They are jalapeños. Is there a process you can point me to or FAQ on hiw to use RPC to blink the led's
Something like this:
Code:
bfgminer-rpc "pgaidentify|0"

See README.RPC for more details, including turning on RPC in the first place.

willphase

Activity: 767

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 09:55:50 PM

Hi,

I'm having an issue when trying to switch pools via the RPC interface between different block chains.  When I switch from bitcoin to terracoin, sometimes BFCminer doesn't realise that the network difficulty has changed - it seems that this is only calculated upon a new block, and not when the priority of the pool causes a change of difficulty.  The way I am switching pools programatically is using the addpool RPC then switchpool to the new pool, then removepool on the old pool.

I'll try and trace it through the code but wondered if you think this sounds legit..?

Will

Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 12:36:06 AM

I'm having an issue when trying to switch pools via the RPC interface between different block chains.  When I switch from bitcoin to terracoin, sometimes BFCminer doesn't realise that the network difficulty has changed - it seems that this is only calculated upon a new block, and not when the priority of the pool causes a change of difficulty.  The way I am switching pools programatically is using the addpool RPC then switchpool to the new pool, then removepool on the old pool.

I'll try and trace it through the code but wondered if you think this sounds legit..?
As always, BFGMiner does not support mining multiple blockchains at the same time.
That is unlikely to change unless someone submits a pull request dealing with it in a sane manner.

willphase

Activity: 767

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 07:12:17 AM

As always, BFGMiner does not support mining multiple blockchains at the same time.
That is unlikely to change unless someone submits a pull request dealing with it in a sane manner.

I'm not mining on them at the same time, I'm totally switching pools to a new blockchain - I think the only thing that's lacking is to revalidate the network difficulty every time the pool changes - if you could give me a pointer to the code that handles this, I can have a go adding this code.

Cheers

Will

shawtux

Activity: 57

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 06:15:46 PM

is there some kind of web app to monitor bfgminer? something that draws some kind of chart or something? something like cgwatcher but web... like with cacti?  Huh Grin Roll Eyes

by the way, screen did it for me! Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 165 »
  Print  

Jump to: