Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:57:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: you need to overcome your fear of losing money  (Read 52909 times)
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 05:38:09 PM

Losing is part of successfully trading. If you treat losing as part of trading then you are an experienced trader.
In a documentary Warren Buffet told, regarding the way to invest, that there are two simple rules. 1'st rule: never lose money when you make an investment, and the 2'nd rule  it DON'T FORGET THE FIRST RULE. Simple.
That sounds very tricky rule, all we aim is to make money but not all of us are successful in investing.
It's just a motivation I guess but if we are not smart enough and we will not work hard we will never be successful in investing, if we can easily make profit then investing is not risky at all but the reality is the opposite.
You are right, skills about any kind of business is necessary to keep save your business from loss by good techniques but I think loss is not too bad in business for future alert and it is also a reality that in business you will also face loss factor somewhere and some time. Therefore, fear regarding loss in business is weak point of a business man and with fear you cannot survive in the market for long time so be confident in business without any fear.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
swaptaker

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 05:46:44 PM

Losing is part of successfully trading. If you treat losing as part of trading then you are an experienced trader.
Yes we really need to overcome our fear of losing money specially in trading,
I think it is part of it we need to take risk and sometimes the risk that we are taking is really worth it.
And the outcome might be great so don't be afraid to take some risk in life.

This emotion is hard to control. We have limited capital and none of wants to lose some portion of it. That's why we fear of losing money.
tobs

Activity: 282

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 07:41:07 PM

I think it is part of it we need to take risk and sometimes the risk that we are taking is really worth it.

This emotion is hard to control. We have limited capital and none of wants to lose some portion of it. That's why we fear of losing money.

But the golden rule of investing is, risk the amount you are WILLING to lose. You should use money that you don't need. If you are able to get that $100 bill and just throw it out to the garbage, then you are ready to become a successful investor. It shouldn't be your main source of income, and in case you lose everything, you should still have money to pay for living. That way, there is no fear of losing money, if you don't need that money anyway.
Lanatsa

Activity: 2828
Merit: 649

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 07:51:20 PM

But the golden rule of investing is, risk the amount you are WILLING to lose. You should use money that you don't need. If you are able to get that $100 bill and just throw it out to the garbage, then you are ready to become a successful investor. It shouldn't be your main source of income, and in case you lose everything, you should still have money to pay for living. That way, there is no fear of losing money, if you don't need that money anyway.
This is why i do really follow this golden rule of investing which only use on the amount that you can afford to lose or risk on a particular thing without compromising other important things.If you wont risk you wont earn nothing this is why we should risk money to earn money as simple as that but this thing to achieve would really be very hard along the way.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Reatim

Activity: 2828
Merit: 357

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 08:09:45 PM

Exactly, invest what you can afford to lose. That is why you will see a lot of newbie traders crying in the future and calling altcoins scam because the money that they have been invested is their savings. And when everything went awry and lose it, they are all crying here in the community accusing the dev or who is behind that they can been scammed. There are high risk involved, so don't put all your money.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Zenithar

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 10:44:59 PM

Exactly, invest what you can afford to lose. That is why you will see a lot of newbie traders crying in the future and calling altcoins scam because the money that they have been invested is their savings. And when everything went awry and lose it, they are all crying here in the community accusing the dev or who is behind that they can been scammed. There are high risk involved, so don't put all your money.
Yes that is one of the most important strategy of trading that we should try to invest only such amount of money in bitcoin that we can bare to lose. I think that we should not exceed that limit and try to trade within the limit. through this way we can continue trading for a long long time.
emiedj01

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 12:57:41 AM

If you loss any money it's a mistake you made yourself. I've read some of this reviews on here people making IQ option sound bad.If you don't trust them yet then facebook me personally i don't work for them or anything.
Dontme

Activity: 798
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 01:24:55 AM

When you are well trader I guess losing money for you is common. After all experience through trading, winning and losing is a part of success. That was the cycle of trading life you're not always the winner and your not always the loser. Trading is like a gambling you need to gamble even your not yet see ypur cards or dice even though you don't know if you win or not. But then even trading is like that remember that in every sessions of your trades Always make your self Wise.
eekkaa

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 01:40:51 AM

I treat the loss as a foolish experience I have ever done, because the price is not always below and not always above, I believe that the price will rise again. but yes I never experienced a loss of up to $ 500 because the price dropped and I sell. Cry
Valzzz005

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 02:32:02 AM

Yes it is true, because in this business there will always be a time that you will lose money. This is a risky business we all need to be tough. If you let your emotions drive you crazy you will just have a bad decisions, and it can ruined all of your strategy. Losing money is not a big deal in this business, always remember that you can always bring back that money you lose. And sftaer you learned from your mistakes you can now have a experience of a trader, a good trader, you are going to be much wiser than before because you wont do the same old mistakes over and over again
IMAR

Activity: 314
Merit: 20

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 05:07:30 AM

Yes very true because trading will get scary if you don't want to take any risk, mostly (maybe all) Pro traders lost big amount of money and that's what make them PRO.
trecore4

Activity: 658
Merit: 260

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 05:10:51 AM

That's a good type of investment strategy but it still falls under the emotional type of investment where you are attaching yourself with it. I mean it's good to take out your fear but that shouldn't convert into overconfidence of investment. I have seen that happening with my friends who kept thinking initially that bitcoin is dangerous and it can collapse at any time but later the fear disappeared because they kept getting experience from different scenarios that bitcoin will always keep going on. So in that confidence they bought bitcoin at 4,5K USD last to last week and then when the china news came out we saw major drop in it. But this time they lost the control and thought bitcoin is gone, and sold their bit all at 3K which was big loss for them.

So if you are starting to fix something in your mind then you must follow it to the end really.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Joshua101101

Activity: 378

https://saturn.black

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 05:24:14 AM

Well, you say right, it's difficult to overcome fear, just like stopping with losses. There is a fine line here, and everyone must have a protective mechanism in place to protect against large losses, but not always.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
nagiblem

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 06:35:30 AM

Loosing is really part of trading so better yet we have to face the risk that we are about to encounter otherwise trading will be so stressful for us. So before trading we must know how can we tolerate risks.

bebejhen

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 06:46:15 AM

Always need overcome emotion. if you can't control it. you will panic sell when whale dump.

I agree with you. We must learn handling our emotions specially with this case or when it is about money because it is not a joke. You must always stay calm. Don't pressure yourself in any situations so that you can't commit wrong things. Sometime when you let your emotions eat you the situation will get complicated.
Ignacia

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 07:21:57 AM

I agree, Losing is part of successfully trading. But we should try to reduce losses, for example, use stop-loss in trade. when the Alt is falling, sometimes it's better to lose 10% then 100-200%
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 07:38:34 AM

I agree, Losing is part of successfully trading. But we should try to reduce losses, for example, use stop-loss in trade. when the Alt is falling, sometimes it's better to lose 10% then 100-200%

Losing is part and it's a yes but it doesn't mean that we should take that part daily. It's enough that we are aware that not all the time we trade, there's always a good trade or green days but you have to learn something new while taking the part of overcoming the losing of money. Don't just lose money and overcome it, instead you have to learn new techniques and your very own strategy so that next time, you'll be good enough.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
katrimans

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 01:10:36 PM

I agree, all of us experience to lose for us to learn more to improve our strategies to get more income in trading.

If you know the saying that "Everything has a first time" then probably you will know that every person take's all the risk to reach their position right know. Losing your profit will make you learn more strategic ways in your next trading.
That's right when it really comes in earning money but you need capital, it really takes risk and you must know how to take risk because if not you will not going to move forward and you will not know the outcome of your taking risk.

Well i think you are talking about "calculated risk". Yes risk is there in any kind of business and in trading the risk increases. You have to search for the market trends of the coin you want to invest and also look for the news related to that coin because the price will fluctuate because of these news. If you are new to this field then try to invest small amount of money and gain experience.

Project management is a field related to business in which there is a number of elements in which one of them is risk managements. Risk is a part of trading if you want to do investment you should take risk but it depend on you whether you want big risk or small risk.

So if you want to do investment in coins then I will decide you to get small risk and investment small amount in coins and then get their result if you are satisfied then increase your investment step by step.
zeaderza

Activity: 896
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 01:17:51 PM

As we all believe that losing is inevitable in trading in either crypto currency or Forex, it can be equally minimise and that shows that you are an experience trader and not just losing ordinarily will make you an experience trader. 

Losing is there and yes we can't avoid losing as it's always part of everyone's success. No successful person that didn't went through losing you don't have to overcome the fear of losing, you just need to accept it, learn from it and move on. That's a very simple way on how you are going to deal with your losses and from that mistake you have to wait for the right time that you can apply that lesson.
In the history of business in life every success person should have a big experienced of loss. Because it is not necessary that a person should success first time whenever he start investing but you should learn from your loss and then underline your mistakes for the next time then through this process you will release your problem of fearing loss.
perfect999

Activity: 1596
Merit: 299

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 07:59:27 AM

That's a good type of investment strategy but it still falls under the emotional type of investment where you are attaching yourself with it. I mean it's good to take out your fear but that shouldn't convert into overconfidence of investment. I have seen that happening with my friends who kept thinking initially that bitcoin is dangerous and it can collapse at any time but later the fear disappeared because they kept getting experience from different scenarios that bitcoin will always keep going on. So in that confidence they bought bitcoin at 4,5K USD last to last week and then when the china news came out we saw major drop in it. But this time they lost the control and thought bitcoin is gone, and sold their bit all at 3K which was big loss for them.

So if you are starting to fix something in your mind then you must follow it to the end really.
There is a saying, “Practice makes a man perfect”. And yes this really happens. If you are not getting into the field then you will not be progressing. There must be some losses as well. They tell you better who to lift again when you just got down. Only profits will not teach you the hardness of business. So yes you have to take off this scary thing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: