Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:54:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 337 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] (QTUM) - A Scalable Smart Contract Platform w/ Proof of Stake  (Read 525257 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (36 posts by 25+ users deleted.)
Qtum (OP)

Activity: 722
Merit: 259

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2017, 03:50:26 AM

i over slept for that q&a portion. i want to ask them if they can secure all the users privacy or if they can track transactions of illegal things using their alt.

Earlz has said in the past that because this is based on Bitcoin core, the privacy portion will be very similar.  This doesn't mean we're not looking at privacy protocols like Zcash, that's something we'll discuss later.

I feel the same as you, Poloniex will add QTUM trading pair cuz it is very innovative, the team behind qtum is quite big, XU Star may list it to okcoin? Just my speculation.

Xu Star, CEO of https://okcoin.com is an Angel Backer of the Qtum project, but there have been no discussions about adding it to his exchange for the crowd sale.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█ Qtum █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
●▬●▬●▬● First UTXO Based PoS Smart Contract and DAPP Platform ●▬●▬●▬●
▃▃▃▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▃▃▃

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jaceefrost

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 05:32:44 AM

I've forgot about the q&a. damn. Did someone has an archive of all the q&a that happened?
Where can I get signature, maybe Im blind but cant find it.
Signature campaign is closed for new participants so theres no point in trying to apply.
Maybe you can join their twitter instead if you want to be part of qtum.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1442

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 05:36:41 AM

It might be a little scary to participate in the ICO because according to the intervew the Chinese exchanges involved can make QTUM tradeable at their own discretion. If the coins are quickly manipulated and then dumped right after the ICO then won't this be another case like what happened to Synereo?

What Chinese exchanges are involved and can people outside of China use those exchanges?

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 06:32:35 AM

Im very excited to take part in your ICO. I hope you all the best. But Im curious on why you decided to go for a proof of stake system instead of proof of work. A premine and using proof of work might be the better direction for you since you are already using the Bitcoin code base. Is it because you want faster confirmation times?

My question in the quoted text hasnt been answered by the QTUM rep or anybody involved in it. I just want to bump it hoping to get an answer.

I also want to add another question. How is QTUM better than Ethereum? I have read a lot of comments here that Ethereum will not work properly as the userbase grows too much for the network to handle. All nodes have to validate all those transactions and in theory might slow down the platform. How does QTUM solve this problem and stay decentralized at the same time?
cointrader83

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 06:33:44 AM

Will we have a signature campaign what pays in Qtum?
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2017, 07:16:11 AM

Let's invest in this...Smiley
falala69

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 07:41:18 AM

Im very excited to take part in your ICO. I hope you all the best. But Im curious on why you decided to go for a proof of stake system instead of proof of work. A premine and using proof of work might be the better direction for you since you are already using the Bitcoin code base. Is it because you want faster confirmation times?

My question in the quoted text hasnt been answered by the QTUM rep or anybody involved in it. I just want to bump it hoping to get an answer.

I also want to add another question. How is QTUM better than Ethereum? I have read a lot of comments here that Ethereum will not work properly as the userbase grows too much for the network to handle. All nodes have to validate all those transactions and in theory might slow down the platform. How does QTUM solve this problem and stay decentralized at the same time?

Your first question is similar to what akado asked on slack yesterday, here you go mate:
Q6: Id also like to know why POS? Given POW seems more secure and China (your biggest market) prefers POW?

We think proof of stake is more user and environment friendly, and is also more suitable for business use cases. All you need to mine Qtum will be a normal computer, which makes everybody equal regardless of their hardware or electricity cost.

In Addition proof of stake tends to be less centralized and more suited to permissioned chains.

georgebtalk

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2017, 09:40:18 AM

the wechat group qr code has expired in the OP -  is there a new qr code that can be used?
wildan88
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1046

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 09:57:13 AM

yeah I hope it, Qtum will have a payment of campaign with Qtum, since payments with bitcoin is currently running. I really hope when ico started can I get payment signature campaign with Qtum. because it is usual done by another altcoin project, there's always the payment in their coins.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
ije07

Activity: 1414

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 11:52:39 AM

yeah I hope it, Qtum will have a payment of campaign with Qtum, since payments with bitcoin is currently running. I really hope when ico started can I get payment signature campaign with Qtum. because it is usual done by another altcoin project, there's always the payment in their coins.
I also very much agree. not just the signature just according to me
the article is also great for fb and held campaign.. more famous
Maybe qtum will have the highest levels worldwide

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
bitcoinsforall

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 12:24:15 PM

these craps dont provide me info on slack for translations...
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 12:38:51 PM

After launching the ICO , users will have the ability to store their Qtum in a proper wallet or those are going to be tokens that could be stored in Ethereum blockchain like ICONOMI ? If those are tokens , Can we store them at Ledger Nano S ?
trademark
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 01:20:00 PM

They are actually looking out for the investors if all bounties were paid with Bitcoins.  There are a lot of bounty hunters out there who will pretty much dump their coins/tokens when it is listed on an exchange .  Paying them in Bitcoins means, they will only make the amount they receive.
basesaw

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 05:48:30 PM

After launching the ICO , users will have the ability to store their Qtum in a proper wallet or those are going to be tokens that could be stored in Ethereum blockchain like ICONOMI ? If those are tokens , Can we store them at Ledger Nano S ?

this is what im thinking. i also want to invest in qtum even if it is just small amount. i can invest my earning from the campaign if they would just let me. i want to be part of this project and ready to work for them.
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 07:11:24 PM

They are actually looking out for the investors if all bounties were paid with Bitcoins.  There are a lot of bounty hunters out there who will pretty much dump their coins/tokens when it is listed on an exchange .  Paying them in Bitcoins means, they will only make the amount they receive.
This is really a good way to go about it because I have seen fine projects come out and immediately after the ICO and one reputable exchange site has listed the next thing is dumping which will drive the coin to a very low end which it might not be able to recover and this same people will be the first to come out and say " its a shit coin' "its just driving low" and all sort of things.
DomainMagnate

Activity: 602

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2017, 08:05:29 PM

Bounty are usually only a very small portion of total supply of coin so even if Qtum has a parallel campaign that pays in Qtum to participants and even if all of them would sell their coins,I do not think it much affect the price.
somogyipeti

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 09:40:47 PM

Bounty are usually only a very small portion of total supply of coin so even if Qtum has a parallel campaign that pays in Qtum to participants and even if all of them would sell their coins,I do not think it much affect the price.

Bounties usually are 1-2 % of the total supply so it will be not affect the price.
trademark
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 12:20:47 AM

Bounties usually are 1-2 % of the total supply so it will be not affect the price.

That is an incorrect statement since exchanges never hold 100% of the total supply.  Developers and investors hold onto quite a bit unless it's a pump and dump coin.  If the trading volume is low, it doesn't take much to dump a coin.  A few bitcoins worth can definitely affect the price. 
examplens
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 3169

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2017, 12:24:35 AM

They are actually looking out for the investors if all bounties were paid with Bitcoins.  There are a lot of bounty hunters out there who will pretty much dump their coins/tokens when it is listed on an exchange .  Paying them in Bitcoins means, they will only make the amount they receive.

Bounties are always the great way for new user to know more about the project. I guess that a significant number of users stay with the project after bounties ended. Also, i am very surprised because Qtum paid bounties with bitcoin. Usually, new altcoin and ICO has been pay for bounties in your currency.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
xdtiagonzhar

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 02:10:09 AM

Bounties are always the great way for new user to know more about the project. I guess that a significant number of users stay with the project after bounties ended. Also, i am very surprised because Qtum paid bounties with bitcoin. Usually, new altcoin and ICO has been pay for bounties in your currency.

I dont think so, when iam still new in jr member, i apply to signature campaign and had no problem with that, and knew bounty after that. Ya i agree with you its so rare for new altcoin paying their bounty with BTC, but its good thing though for most of user who love the bitcoin payment Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 337 »
  Print  

Jump to: