Bitcoin Forum
March 08, 2021, 02:10:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.21.0 [Torrent]
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 336 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] (QTUM) - A Scalable Smart Contract Platform w/ Proof of Stake  (Read 523438 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (5 posts by 2 users deleted.)
jayohby
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 192
Merit: 100


View Profile
February 23, 2017, 06:43:54 PM
 #1621

scamsters from QTUM controlls lots of bitcointalk accounts. all these shills are from their fake accounts.

beware.
1615212606
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1615212606

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1615212606
Reply with quote  #2

1615212606
Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
1615212606
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1615212606

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1615212606
Reply with quote  #2

1615212606
Report to moderator
stereotype
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000



View Profile
February 23, 2017, 06:49:47 PM
 #1622

Maybe the paid trolls have went to sleep. A very good point from above. If your not interested in the project stay away. I am in and this nonsense FUD maybe is coming from some competitors?
Im not interested in this project/pump vehicle, but i wouldnt mind seeing what some of the team and 'big investors' think about team members walking away with other projects development money, and being part of an organised pump group.
xtyling
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

Crypto is Life!


View Profile
February 23, 2017, 06:53:51 PM
 #1623

I wonder, how come the team has got so many good articles and it is only now that people know about the recent issue discovered ?
stereotype
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000



View Profile
February 23, 2017, 07:01:10 PM
 #1624

I wonder, how come the team has got so many good articles and it is only now that people know about the recent issue discovered ?
Well, a different name is being used. And i get the impression, Joshua has only just seen a picture of Patrick/Steven, for it to click into place who he is/was. David has actually met Patrick/Steven.

https://twitter.com/joshuajbouw/status/834220054527012864
pugman
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1488


ok but do you poop? 💩


View Profile WWW
February 23, 2017, 07:29:36 PM
 #1625

My understanding of this QTUM scheme is that Dai and his co-conspirators will get their hands on the ICO fund, leaving the starry-eyed developers/ real coders with nothing. To salvage their reputation, they'll be obligated to finish the project pro bono, which means the pace of development will be at "volunteer"or slow speed. LOLZ.

This is exactly what would have happened!

pugman
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1488


ok but do you poop? 💩


View Profile WWW
February 23, 2017, 07:32:18 PM
 #1626

Maybe the paid trolls have went to sleep. A very good point from above. If your not interested in the project stay away. I am in and this nonsense FUD maybe is coming from some competitors?

I can assure you it's true and I'm not a scammer or a fudder. Your founder stole 200btc from the Bitbay's ICO and ran away with it never to be heard of again. Until someone recognised his picture on your website. You should be thankful his has happened now and not on 2 months time

pugman
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1488


ok but do you poop? 💩


View Profile WWW
February 23, 2017, 07:48:49 PM
 #1627

Typical of Bitcointalk I see a lot of accusations. By looking into this I see one accusation.

"Steven Dai walked away from BitBay with publicly invested Bitcoin & millions of BAY from the initial offering which has never been returned."

https://www.reddit.com/r/BitBay/comments/5vlick/bitbay_response_to_association_with_qtum/

I have not seen how much or any details beyond this.

It looks like 1 Million Bay= 1 bitcoin so if he took 2 Million or 5 Million it also appears he worked for the project. If he was a backer of the project is this not normal?

Can someone show evidence of wrong doing and not just making up accusation and accusing.

He stole 200btc from Bitbay's ICO

stormia
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000


View Profile
February 23, 2017, 08:07:07 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2017, 08:28:51 PM by stormia
 #1628

why people can not realize this is a FUD?

because people do not want other people invest into Qtum?

if you do not want invest, just go away. i think Qtum already get enough investor in china right now.


from what i hear in Chinese community, even some big Venture Capital may invest too.

Also technically speaking, Qtum is one of the best innovations in the last 1 year in crypto world.

why you trust some anoymity people on the Internet, rather than someone go the the EDCON and made a good speech to a lot of developers?

have you ever think why people create these FUD, just before the ICO ?  

Also from what i know, patrick is a great guy in china, he wrote a lot of technical articles and translated some good technical books too. that's what i know. and i do trust him and trust his company.  he is also the CTO of BitSE, one of the best blockchain company in the world, who control 2.5% of bitcoin network and 8% of zcash network (mining). and also patrick helped to develop one of the best blockchain products, vechain. which has more than 10 big clients all over the world.

why you trust some people you never met before on the internet? Grin

Also any investment has risk. even hold bitcoin has risk too. Do your own homework and find the good project and  become a real investor.

Right... there is undeniable evidence that Patrick Dai, one of the co-founders of this project, previously stole funds from another project. But yeah, we should totally take your anecdotal opinion of Dai over that.

Even before the history of Dai came to light, this project had some shady aspects to its fundamentals. The token distribution is ridiculous. After the ICO 49% of the coins would be controlled by the small group of people comprising the team + angel investors, in addition to all the BTC they would get from selling off the other 51%. And that 51% that is being sold to the public is being sold predominately through exchanges nobody on here had ever heard of before this project. Exchanges which very easily could also be controlled by members of the team+angel investors. On top of this, the coin is PoS but there is no mention of the PoS inflation rate in either of the whitepapers. A PoS coin with a small group in control of 49% of the supply LOL, so they would also be generating 49% of the the coins generated through PoS. Not to mention all they would have to do is somehow get their hands on another 2% of the supply (through buying into their own ICO, for example) to be able to abuse the network.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1120



View Profile
February 23, 2017, 08:26:19 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2017, 09:02:02 PM by Gleb Gamow
 #1629

Maybe the paid trolls have went to sleep. A very good point from above. If your not interested in the project stay away. I am in and this nonsense FUD maybe is coming from some competitors?

Hey, Ethertrader1, care to weigh in as to why ethtrade's website went dark? Maybe it's just in maintenance mode while the FUD within is being expunged.
MyIdeas
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 714
Merit: 250


View Profile
February 23, 2017, 08:45:50 PM
 #1630

I came to this thread after a longer period and do not know that what is happening with that project. I wish that the developer do not scam and they remain sincere with this project because if this project came legit then I can earn some profit.
I will come to this thread more often to study more that what is right at here (to invest or not)
andreibi
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1647
Merit: 1011

Practising Hebrew before visiting Israel


View Profile WWW
February 23, 2017, 09:36:32 PM
 #1631

The token distribution is ridiculous. After the ICO 49% of the coins would be controlled by the small group of people comprising the team + angel investors, in addition to all the BTC they would get from selling off the other 51%.

And that 51% that is being sold to the public is being sold predominately through exchanges nobody on here had ever heard of before this project. Exchanges which very easily could also be controlled by members of the team+angel investors.

On top of this, the coin is PoS but there is no mention of the PoS inflation rate in either of the whitepapers. A PoS coin with a small group in control of 49% of the supply LOL, so they would also be generating 49% of the the coins generated through PoS. Not to mention all they would have to do is somehow get their hands on another 2% of the supply (through buying into their own ICO, for example) to be able to abuse the network.

Definitely a dealbreaker. Plus the fact this Mr. Xuguang Dai has a bad history already. Investing with this knowledge is like investing in Bryce Weiner coins.  Cheesy

muleroaa
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 924
Merit: 526


GIF by SOCIFI


View Profile
February 23, 2017, 09:52:57 PM
 #1632

And still not one comment from Qtum on all this.

Already asked about the 51% distribution 2 weeks ago and they said they would comment on it within 24 hours. Since then I've asked 2 more times but still no reply.

Only 51% of tokens get distributed in the crowdsale?

I get that 20% is reserved for early backers and foundation initiators, but why is there an additional 20% reserved for business development and another 9% reserved for academic research, education and market expansion? Shouldn't those funds be allocated from the proceeds of the crowdsale? For example 80% crowdsale and 20% for early backers?

Just going to quote myself (above), since this gets burried so quickly with all the Qtum paid promoters.

This question can't be answered with a few sentences and then shelved, let me respond to this properly within 24 hours, these are the types of discussions that matter right now.

                ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
             █████████████████                   █████████████████
         █████████████████████████           █████████████████████████
       █████████████████████████████       █████████████████████████████
     █████████████████████████████████   █████████████████████████████████
   ████████████▀           ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
  ████████████▄▄███████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████
 ▐██████████████▀         ▀██████████▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████▄▄█████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
▐█████████████████▀      ▀██████████▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████▄▄██████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████      ███████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓███████████████    ████████████████
  █████████████████ ████ █████████████▓▓▓████████████████   █████████████   █
   ████████████████      ███████████████████████████████    ███████████
    ██████████████████████████████████ ██████████████████     ████████
      ███████████████████████████████     █████████████████
        ███████████████████████████         █████████████████▓
           ████████████████████                ███████████████████▓
               ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████
▓████████████████████████████████▓
███████████████████████▒░███████████
▄█████████████████▒░      ███████████▄
█████████████░░          ░████████████
█████████░              ░█████████████
██████████▓░░          ░██████████████
██████████████▓░       ███████████████
▀███████████████▒     ░██████████████▀
████████████████▒   ░███████████████
████████████████░ ░███████████████
████████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
.
JOIN OUR
TELEGRAM
MysterE
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 305
Merit: 250


View Profile
February 23, 2017, 10:18:04 PM
 #1633



I was looking forward to investing but now I think I'll stay on the sidelines and
monitor the developments for now.



moxl
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000


View Profile
February 24, 2017, 12:44:59 AM
 #1634

why people can not realize this is a FUD?

because people do not want other people invest into Qtum?

if you do not want invest, just go away. i think Qtum already get enough investor in china right now.


from what i hear in Chinese community, even some big Venture Capital may invest too.

Also technically speaking, Qtum is one of the best innovations in the last 1 year in crypto world.

why you trust some anoymity people on the Internet, rather than someone go the the EDCON and made a good speech to a lot of developers?

have you ever think why people create these FUD, just before the ICO ?  

Also from what i know, patrick is a great guy in china, he wrote a lot of technical articles and translated some good technical books too. that's what i know. and i do trust him and trust his company.  he is also the CTO of BitSE, one of the best blockchain company in the world, who control 2.5% of bitcoin network and 8% of zcash network (mining). and also patrick helped to develop one of the best blockchain products, vechain. which has more than 10 big clients all over the world.

why you trust some people you never met before on the internet? Grin

Also any investment has risk. even hold bitcoin has risk too. Do your own homework and find the good project and  become a real investor.

Right... there is undeniable evidence that Patrick Dai, one of the co-founders of this project, previously stole funds from another project. But yeah, we should totally take your anecdotal opinion of Dai over that.

Even before the history of Dai came to light, this project had some shady aspects to its fundamentals. The token distribution is ridiculous. After the ICO 49% of the coins would be controlled by the small group of people comprising the team + angel investors, in addition to all the BTC they would get from selling off the other 51%. And that 51% that is being sold to the public is being sold predominately through exchanges nobody on here had ever heard of before this project. Exchanges which very easily could also be controlled by members of the team+angel investors. On top of this, the coin is PoS but there is no mention of the PoS inflation rate in either of the whitepapers. A PoS coin with a small group in control of 49% of the supply LOL, so they would also be generating 49% of the the coins generated through PoS. Not to mention all they would have to do is somehow get their hands on another 2% of the supply (through buying into their own ICO, for example) to be able to abuse the network.

If you want to give money to a once a scamer, we are very happy Grin
shinratensei_
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1015


Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!


View Profile
February 24, 2017, 01:42:59 AM
 #1635

why people can not realize this is a FUD?

because people do not want other people invest into Qtum?

if you do not want invest, just go away. i think Qtum already get enough investor in china right now.


from what i hear in Chinese community, even some big Venture Capital may invest too.

Also technically speaking, Qtum is one of the best innovations in the last 1 year in crypto world.

why you trust some anoymity people on the Internet, rather than someone go the the EDCON and made a good speech to a lot of developers?

have you ever think why people create these FUD, just before the ICO ?  

Also from what i know, patrick is a great guy in china, he wrote a lot of technical articles and translated some good technical books too. that's what i know. and i do trust him and trust his company.  he is also the CTO of BitSE, one of the best blockchain company in the world, who control 2.5% of bitcoin network and 8% of zcash network (mining). and also patrick helped to develop one of the best blockchain products, vechain. which has more than 10 big clients all over the world.

why you trust some people you never met before on the internet? Grin

Also any investment has risk. even hold bitcoin has risk too. Do your own homework and find the good project and  become a real investor.

Right... there is undeniable evidence that Patrick Dai, one of the co-founders of this project, previously stole funds from another project. But yeah, we should totally take your anecdotal opinion of Dai over that.

Even before the history of Dai came to light, this project had some shady aspects to its fundamentals. The token distribution is ridiculous. After the ICO 49% of the coins would be controlled by the small group of people comprising the team + angel investors, in addition to all the BTC they would get from selling off the other 51%. And that 51% that is being sold to the public is being sold predominately through exchanges nobody on here had ever heard of before this project. Exchanges which very easily could also be controlled by members of the team+angel investors. On top of this, the coin is PoS but there is no mention of the PoS inflation rate in either of the whitepapers. A PoS coin with a small group in control of 49% of the supply LOL, so they would also be generating 49% of the the coins generated through PoS. Not to mention all they would have to do is somehow get their hands on another 2% of the supply (through buying into their own ICO, for example) to be able to abuse the network.

If you want to give money to a once a scamer, we are very happy Grin
Just give advice for the fanatics to give his money to the scammer. Xunguang Dai is real. I never wanna give a cent of my money to the scammer to this day. and according to the market movement of bitcoin still on the bullish stage.

.
.......Bitgesell's first yearly halving is coming in less than a month!.......
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1120



View Profile
February 24, 2017, 02:16:40 AM
 #1636

The token distribution is ridiculous. After the ICO 49% of the coins would be controlled by the small group of people comprising the team + angel investors, in addition to all the BTC they would get from selling off the other 51%.

And that 51% that is being sold to the public is being sold predominately through exchanges nobody on here had ever heard of before this project. Exchanges which very easily could also be controlled by members of the team+angel investors.

On top of this, the coin is PoS but there is no mention of the PoS inflation rate in either of the whitepapers. A PoS coin with a small group in control of 49% of the supply LOL, so they would also be generating 49% of the the coins generated through PoS. Not to mention all they would have to do is somehow get their hands on another 2% of the supply (through buying into their own ICO, for example) to be able to abuse the network.

Definitely a dealbreaker. Plus the fact this Mr. Xuguang Dai has a bad history already. Investing with this knowledge is like investing in Bryce Weiner coins.  Cheesy

Xuguang Dai: http://beijing2016.thegmic.com/speakers/



Patrick Dai:




His name was already made public, his name is Steven Dai from China. Hes a really good guy in my opinon.

I didnt know who Bob and Gekko were before this. I learned quick that they are just a couple of sleazy extortionists. After they were asked to leave for extorting they acted like a bunch of pussies and started making threats.

If anything this has proven to only be entertaining.

It doesnt stop me from developing either so in effect the only ones they are incriminating is themselves.

Although they do seem to like abusing fake accounts.

I don't know why Roger Ver invested in Qtum: https://news.bitcoin.com/smart-contracts-bitcoin-security-interview-qtums-patrick-dai/
CryptoBjorn
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 714
Merit: 500


View Profile
February 24, 2017, 02:27:47 AM
 #1637

I was on their slack and I think they are preparing a statement.

Having lost with Bitbay this comes close.
Although the conditions of this project are not good (49% for the team) the innovation can be something good. However which such a man who scammed so many users for 200 BTC this project can't take place.

Either he is kicked out (which is odd, him being the co founder) or the project is stopped or...
The project will be harrased by a lot of unhappy investors.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1120



View Profile
February 24, 2017, 02:29:19 AM
 #1638

I was on their slack and I think they are preparing a statement.

Having lost with Bitbay this comes close.
Although the conditions of this project are not good (49% for the team) the innovation can be something good. However which such a man who scammed so many users for 200 BTC this project can't take place.

Either he is kicked out (which is odd, him being the co founder) or the project is stopped or...
The project will be harrased by a lot of unhappy investors.

Not to mention unhappy investors: https://news.bitcoin.com/smart-contracts-bitcoin-security-interview-qtums-patrick-dai/



Quote
Qtum received backing from Roger Ver, the first investor in blockchain startups. Roger is a visionary, he saw the potential of Bitcoin before almost everyone, and he bet big on it. This gives us a lot of validation for our project. We believe our contributions will benefit the blockchain community as a whole and illustrate that innovation is the key to growing.
Ethertrader1
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 121
Merit: 100


View Profile
February 24, 2017, 04:38:03 AM
Last edit: February 24, 2017, 04:52:21 AM by Ethertrader1
 #1639

why people can not realize this is a FUD?

because people do not want other people invest into Qtum?

if you do not want invest, just go away. i think Qtum already get enough investor in china right now.


from what i hear in Chinese community, even some big Venture Capital may invest too.

Also technically speaking, Qtum is one of the best innovations in the last 1 year in crypto world.

why you trust some anoymity people on the Internet, rather than someone go the the EDCON and made a good speech to a lot of developers?

have you ever think why people create these FUD, just before the ICO ?  

Also from what i know, patrick is a great guy in china, he wrote a lot of technical articles and translated some good technical books too. that's what i know. and i do trust him and trust his company.  he is also the CTO of BitSE, one of the best blockchain company in the world, who control 2.5% of bitcoin network and 8% of zcash network (mining). and also patrick helped to develop one of the best blockchain products, vechain. which has more than 10 big clients all over the world.

why you trust some people you never met before on the internet? Grin

Also any investment has risk. even hold bitcoin has risk too. Do your own homework and find the good project and  become a real investor.

Right... there is undeniable evidence that Patrick Dai, one of the co-founders of this project, previously stole funds from another project. But yeah, we should totally take your anecdotal opinion of Dai over that.

Even before the history of Dai came to light, this project had some shady aspects to its fundamentals. The token distribution is ridiculous. After the ICO 49% of the coins would be controlled by the small group of people comprising the team + angel investors, in addition to all the BTC they would get from selling off the other 51%. And that 51% that is being sold to the public is being sold predominately through exchanges nobody on here had ever heard of before this project. Exchanges which very easily could also be controlled by members of the team+angel investors. On top of this, the coin is PoS but there is no mention of the PoS inflation rate in either of the whitepapers. A PoS coin with a small group in control of 49% of the supply LOL, so they would also be generating 49% of the the coins generated through PoS. Not to mention all they would have to do is somehow get their hands on another 2% of the supply (through buying into their own ICO, for example) to be able to abuse the network.

"Right... there is undeniable evidence that Patrick Dai, one of the co-founders of this project previously stole funds from another project."
Could you show this evidence please. So far I have seen nothing more than a FUD campaign.
vivinamie
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 206
Merit: 10


View Profile
February 24, 2017, 04:56:46 AM
 #1640

scam alert
The team is made up of several of China's most famous crooks, investors suffered huge losses from previous projects
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 336 »
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!