Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 08:11:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 [178] 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 ... 337 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] (QTUM) - A Scalable Smart Contract Platform w/ Proof of Stake  (Read 525258 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (36 posts by 25+ users deleted.)
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1448

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 12:38:57 AM

Are there updates on the listing of QTUM in the exchanges? I want to know when and at what exchanges it would be listed. I hope it is not just on the Chinese exchanges because we risk having our QTUM locked. The Chinese central bank still has not lifted the ban on cryptocoin deposits and withdrawals if I am not mistaken.

That's a good question. The exchanges that hosted our Crowdsale may open trading when the main network is released in September 2017. It's an open source project, any exchange can list Qtum.

As for the ban on Bitcoin withdrawals, yes it is still in effect. People in China speculate that no exchange wants to be the first to open withdrawals, because they're afraid they will be the first ones to get targeted by the PBOC, so they are all stuck in a waiting game. Whether this is true or not is anyone's guess. It appears people are able to buy Ethereum with their BTC and withdraw that.

It is still very risky. The investors of the ICO made cryptocoin investments in the form of bitcoin and ETH. So of course they also would want to have their investments back in BTC and ETH. How are they supposed to withdraw their investment if there is no Chinese exchange allowing cryptocoin withdrawals?

Do you have plans to negotiate a listing of QTUM in exchanges outside of China?

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Qtum (OP)

Activity: 722
Merit: 259

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2017, 03:32:49 AM

Are there updates on the listing of QTUM in the exchanges? I want to know when and at what exchanges it would be listed. I hope it is not just on the Chinese exchanges because we risk having our QTUM locked. The Chinese central bank still has not lifted the ban on cryptocoin deposits and withdrawals if I am not mistaken.

That's a good question. The exchanges that hosted our Crowdsale may open trading when the main network is released in September 2017. It's an open source project, any exchange can list Qtum.

As for the ban on Bitcoin withdrawals, yes it is still in effect. People in China speculate that no exchange wants to be the first to open withdrawals, because they're afraid they will be the first ones to get targeted by the PBOC, so they are all stuck in a waiting game. Whether this is true or not is anyone's guess. It appears people are able to buy Ethereum with their BTC and withdraw that.

It is still very risky. The investors of the ICO made cryptocoin investments in the form of bitcoin and ETH. So of course they also would want to have their investments back in BTC and ETH. How are they supposed to withdraw their investment if there is no Chinese exchange allowing cryptocoin withdrawals?

Once the test network is launched in June, any entity is free to look over the code and decide if they want to offer services. We haven't approached any exchanges asking them to list Qtum since the Crowdsale.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█ Qtum █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
●▬●▬●▬● First UTXO Based PoS Smart Contract and DAPP Platform ●▬●▬●▬●
▃▃▃▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▃▃▃
moki2

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 04:45:06 AM

Once the test network is launched in June, any entity is free to look over the code and decide if they want to offer services. We haven't approached any exchanges asking them to list Qtum since the Crowdsale.
You can withdrawals ETH,no limit.
9Bank

Activity: 229
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2017, 04:28:55 PM

Cool It's possible this little exchange might be helpful in listing quickly - it's an awesome exchange located in Canada. https://Doufex.com

bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 12:39:34 AM

What exchanges in China allows ETH withdrawals with no limit? Please post all of them.

It is still very risky because those exchanges are now giving the Chinese central bank a reason to order to shut them down. It also does not mean using the Chinese exchanges are safe for foreigners.

@Qtum. But will you approach Poloniex or other US based exchanges to list QTUM in the future?

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Qtum (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2017, 01:16:11 AM

What exchanges in China allows ETH withdrawals with no limit? Please post all of them.

It is still very risky because those exchanges are now giving the Chinese central bank a reason to order to shut them down. It also does not mean using the Chinese exchanges are safe for foreigners.

@Qtum. But will you approach Poloniex or other US based exchanges to list QTUM in the future?

We reached out to Poloniex a few months ago to see if they would host our crowdsale, before our legal team advised us against allowing US citizens to participate. They told us they do not host Crowdsales anymore. Whether they list the project once the main network is released is up to them, as the code will be open source.

BTCspace

Activity: 952
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 02:53:52 AM

do not worry about this.

you can withdraw BTC and ETH.

also Qtum will be listed on some exchanges too. (outside of china.)

running farm worldwide
BTCspace

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 02:54:21 AM

Cool It's possible this little exchange might be helpful in listing quickly - it's an awesome exchange located in Canada. https://Doufex.com

is this a good one?

running farm worldwide
BTCspace

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 02:55:33 AM

This will be a good opportunity for chinese investors but for the westerners i think you need to hold on to your saddles before jumping in. it has a good potential to be big, the transparency issue is still at question, numbers with signature in it can only prove so little.

how much transparency you get from ETH?

and also from satoshi?

it's a bubble time now. Wink

only things matter right now, i hope Qtum get 100k people in their community in china.

then i will buy a lot.

running farm worldwide
Qtum (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2017, 03:50:57 AM

Dev updates: Changes made through this week to the core wallet: (6th of May)

Bugs fixed:

* [Misc] Fixed a bug where Qtum would fail in some cases on OSX
* [RPC] Fixed a potential upstream bug where decodescript would sometimes cause a segfault and crash
* [Consensus/EVM] Fixed a bug where some EVM fields in the block header were not fully validated

Work completed:

* [Testing/RPC] Added automated tests for contract related RPC calls
* [Wallet/PoS] Added automatic PoS staking support
* [Wallet/PoS] Added "reserve balance" support, to opt-out a set amount of coins from being staked
* [Wallet/GUI] Added staking information to the Qt GUI
* [Testing/AAL] Added automated tests to verify the logic and edge cases for condensing transactions in the AAL
* [Testing/Misc] Changed Python QA tests to support new block header changes
* [Wallet/PoW] Added automatic PoW mining support (to be used only initially before release)

Ongoing in-progress work:

* [Consensus/EVM] Fixing a bug where a transaction could enter an out of gas state due to other gas consuming transactions in the block

Design work:

* [Consensus] Primary design work complete, initial implementation has begun. More details will be released later in a long-form article or blog post
* [Consensus/PoS] Secondary design work mostly complete. More details will be released later in a long-form article or blog post

provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 08:26:42 AM

Bugs fixed:

* [RPC] Fixed a potential upstream bug where decodescript would sometimes cause a segfault and crash
* [Consensus/EVM] Fixed a bug where some EVM fields in the block header were not fully validated

Work completed:

* [Wallet/PoS] Added "reserve balance" support, to opt-out a set amount of coins from being staked
* [Testing/AAL] Added automated tests to verify the logic and edge cases for condensing transactions in the AAL
* [Wallet/PoW] Added automatic PoW mining support (to be used only initially before release)

* [Consensus/EVM] Fixing a bug where a transaction could enter an out of gas state due to other gas consuming transactions in the block

Design work:

* [Consensus] Primary design work complete, initial implementation has begun. More details will be released later in a long-form article or blog post
* [Consensus/PoS] Secondary design work mostly complete. More details will be released later in a long-form article or blog post

when will you release the testnet?

would like to join the testnet.
provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 08:46:23 AM

from the website

Qtum blocksize is 2MB and blocktime is 128s.

the TPS should be 9-10 times of BTC.

so for Qtum, the TPS should be 50 transactions/per second.

i think this is enough for the first 2 years.
Qtum (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2017, 09:47:27 PM

Bugs fixed:

Work completed:

Design work:

when will you release the testnet?

would like to join the testnet.

The Test Network will be released between June 15th to the 30th. If you're looking to help submit bugs, please contact us for test tokens.

bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 01:06:13 AM

do not worry about this.

I do not think that is true. If it is then it will be still too risky to trust a Chinese exchange when the Chinese central bank can order the exchanges who breaks the rules to shut down. Maybe some smaller Chinese exchanges will exit scam after they are ordered to stop running their exchange.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
BTCspace

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 08:27:17 AM

do not worry about this.

I do not think that is true. If it is then it will be still too risky to trust a Chinese exchange when the Chinese central bank can order the exchanges who breaks the rules to shut down. Maybe some smaller Chinese exchanges will exit scam after they are ordered to stop running their exchange.

i think the Chinese exchanges have no big difference from other exchanges.

but you have a point, PBOC is a problem for some Chinese exchanges.

running farm worldwide
Mr.Pro

Activity: 644
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 08:39:03 AM

How many Chinese does it take to pump this shit when launch?
cybterpunk

Activity: 414

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 09:02:10 AM

How many Chinese does it take to pump this shit when launch?

10000 Chinese people.  Wink
cybterpunk

Activity: 414

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 09:03:00 AM

from Qtum news letter :

Qtum Development Updates
Changes made through this week to the core wallet:

Bugs fixed:

Work completed:

Design work:

Brett Fincaryk, the Community Manager for the Qtum Foundation, spoke at Mexico's local blockchain meetup educating the community about the Qtum project and our progress so far.

Join the Qtum Forum
We launched the Qtum forum where we will publish official Qtum updates and engage with the community. The Dev Team will be taking part; so, you can ask questions about how you can get started developing on Qtum once the testnet is live.
JOIN NOW

Recent News

Patrick Dai, co-founder of the Qtum Project, was recently recognized as a Fellow of Singapore University of Social Sciences for his expertise and experience in blockchain technology. We are happy that Patrick is a part of our team and proud of this recent accomplishment.
-Qtum
jacafbiz

Activity: 2086
Merit: 530

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 09:11:38 AM

I didn't when know the tokens will only be released in September, though I still have my reservations about the project but for the team to survive the FUD during their ICO is a big plus to the team

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
chichidori
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 11:43:24 AM

This will be a good opportunity for chinese investors but for the westerners i think you need to hold on to your saddles before jumping in. it has a good potential to be big, the transparency issue is still at question, numbers with signature in it can only prove so little.

how much transparency you get from ETH?

and also from satoshi?

it's a bubble time now. Wink

only things matter right now, i hope Qtum get 100k people in their community in china.

then i will buy a lot.
I know your a Qtum fanatic and The ETH address presented is still not clear if it is from the Qtum ICO, back read a little pages. and the one asking how many chinese pump the token. Not so many it was over inflated token. that is why its too risky to buy it when it hit the exchange majority of the token is on the chinese hands and they are waiting to dump it to unsuspecting westerners.
Pages: « 1 ... 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 [178] 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 ... 337 »
  Print  

Jump to: