Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:04:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 [179] 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 ... 337 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] (QTUM) - A Scalable Smart Contract Platform w/ Proof of Stake  (Read 525249 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (36 posts by 25+ users deleted.)
cybterpunk

Activity: 414
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 02:21:40 PM

I didn't when know the tokens will only be released in September, though I still have my reservations about the project but for the team to survive the FUD during their ICO is a big plus to the team

the FUD always happen in crypto.

Gavin Andresen‏ @gavinandresen  May 2

I was wrong; stay away from Blockstream, Greg and Samson are toxic trolls.
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cybterpunk

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 02:23:09 PM

This will be a good opportunity for chinese investors but for the westerners i think you need to hold on to your saddles before jumping in. it has a good potential to be big, the transparency issue is still at question, numbers with signature in it can only prove so little.

how much transparency you get from ETH?

and also from satoshi?

it's a bubble time now. Wink

only things matter right now, i hope Qtum get 100k people in their community in china.

then i will buy a lot.
I know your a Qtum fanatic and The ETH address presented is still not clear if it is from the Qtum ICO, back read a little pages. and the one asking how many chinese pump the token. Not so many it was over inflated token. that is why its too risky to buy it when it hit the exchange majority of the token is on the chinese hands and they are waiting to dump it to unsuspecting westerners.

i think these Chinese people will pump it like Ethereum. Smiley

why you worry about this?
sangwoo

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 12:15:29 AM

Koreans have a lot of interest in Qtum. And I will invest 10BTC in Qtum
Thank you
Sharma
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

GATCOIN : The New Currency Of Digital Marketing

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 12:25:57 AM

Will Qtum ever be available on bittrex or Poloniex?

█████▄▄▄▄
   ████████████▄▄▄            ▀██████
   ███ ▀▀▀▀█████████▄          ▀█████
   ███         ▀▀▀█████▄         ▀███
   ███              ▀▀████▄▄███    ▀▀
   ███                ▀███████▀
   ███                    █████
   ███     ███▄         ▄███████
   ▐██▌     ▀███▄     ▄███▀  ███
   ▐███       ▀███▄▄ ███▀     ███
    ███▌        ▀████        ▐██▌
     ███         ████         ███
      ███      ▄█████▄       ▐██
       ███   ▄████▀ ▀███▄     ▐██
        ███▄████▀     ▀███▄   ███
         █████▀         ▀███▄████
          ██▀             ▀█████▌
                            ▀███▌
  ██████                      ▀▀
  ▀▀▀███
     ███
█         █   ███
 █        ███  ███  █
███       ███   █  ███
███   █   ███   █  ███
███  ███   █       ███
███  ███   █       ███
 █   ███            █
 █    █             █
█         █   ███
 █        ███  ███  █
███       ███   █  ███
███   █   ███   █  ███
███  ███   █       ███
███  ███   █       ███
 █   ███            █
 █    █             █
             JOIN US             
TELEGRAM TWITTER FACEBOOK
LINKEDIN WHITEPAPER
cybterpunk

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 03:32:08 AM

i think it's possible.

but trading will not open until mainnet release.
Qtum (OP)

Activity: 722
Merit: 259

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2017, 03:55:01 AM

It's completely up to them, once the source code is released anyone is free to compile it and offer services.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█ Qtum █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
●▬●▬●▬● First UTXO Based PoS Smart Contract and DAPP Platform ●▬●▬●▬●
▃▃▃▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▃▃▃
sangwoo

Activity: 7

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 11:03:05 AM

i think it's possible.

but trading will not open until mainnet release.

There is no different thing with other Crytocurrency. I think Qtum will be listed in western exchanges 
BTCspace

Activity: 952
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 11:53:04 PM

how do you think about Ethereum's new approach?

they will not switch to pos immediately.

they will use POW+POS for a long time.

Qtum will use POS from the beginning

running farm worldwide
BTCspace

Activity: 952
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 11:53:38 PM

Qtum= BTC+EVM+POS

running farm worldwide
cybterpunk

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 03:25:53 PM

Qtum have a big community in korea.
onetwo12

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 03:38:31 PM

Qtum have a big community in korea.

also a community in paris i think. Wink

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
onetwo12

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 04:32:12 PM

Update:

Skycoin is finally getting an order book. This took too long.
- next exchange upgrade/rewrite skycoin will float against bitcoin

The blog is going to be ready tomorrow and we will start migrating content.

We are going to announce several partnerships with large mainstream institutions, so have to cleanup a bunch of stuff and will migrate anything relevant to blog.

We will put a lot of content on the blog and things we have not revealed yet.
- information about coin distribution plans and any loose ends will go on the blog
- for the blog we are using hugo for the blog, which takes flat files in markup and generates static html files. So will work over IPFS and eventually CXO.

We are doing rewrite and improving the narrative on
- http://skycoin.net
- it will be easier for people to take a simple message away from the website about long term project goals, what is skycoin, etc
- we will test out a new, simpler narrative and see how people react. We will deemphasize the software aspects and infrastructure

We need to get the first application for the platform/ecosystem on the website.

The blockchain explorer is up at
- http://explorer.skycoin.net

We are doing the third generation skycoin wallet and completely redoing the wallet frontend and design, to start multicoin support (for Skycoin, Bitcoin, Ethereum and Qtum). The new wallet will be based upon the design of the Byteballs wallet.

We are getting more developers and focusing on improved project management process and expanding the development team further.

The CXO standard for immutable data objects and CXO daemon is almost done
- http://github.com/skycoin/cxo
- Skycoin block and transactions will eventually be stored, synchronized and exchanged over the network as CXO objects. The skycoin blockheaders and the transaction list in the Skycoin blocks will be stored as separate objects, to allow headers first download.

Congestion control on the meshnet is done. We have ~4 tickets left before will have something working. It works very well at 2 MB/s per core but needs optimization and there are still bottlenecks in the congestion control.

We have a skycoin introduction video in production now. We need to find a good narrative and message.

Development Chat:

http://skycoin.chat

We have a mattermost server now.

Byteballs and Qtum Crowdsales:

These are very interesting. Everyone should look at these

- http://byteball.org/
- https://qtum.org

Qtum, will probably replace ethereum because it is simpler and has fewer problems. The UXTO model is much cleaner. They have a lot of previous developers and have already done two previous coins and are the best team I have seen so far.

Byteballs is the first coin (besides skycoin) to be able to achieve consensus in a public network, without mining. They have gotten rid of the blockchain and replaced it with a DAG. I think the future is going to be with a variant of this approach. We have been considering this for years, for a Skycoin 2.0. I have not reviewed their code or implementation, but the concept is extremely innovative.

From the skycoin developer: Qtum, will probably replace ethereum because it is simpler and has fewer problems. The UXTO model is much cleaner. They have a lot of previous developers and have already done two previous coins and are the best team I have seen so far.

Qtum (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2017, 07:47:59 PM

Update:

Skycoin is finally getting an order book. This took too long.
- next exchange upgrade/rewrite skycoin will float against bitcoin

The blog is going to be ready tomorrow and we will start migrating content.

We are going to announce several partnerships with large mainstream institutions, so have to cleanup a bunch of stuff and will migrate anything relevant to blog.

We will put a lot of content on the blog and things we have not revealed yet.
- information about coin distribution plans and any loose ends will go on the blog
- for the blog we are using hugo for the blog, which takes flat files in markup and generates static html files. So will work over IPFS and eventually CXO.

We are doing rewrite and improving the narrative on
- http://skycoin.net
- it will be easier for people to take a simple message away from the website about long term project goals, what is skycoin, etc
- we will test out a new, simpler narrative and see how people react. We will deemphasize the software aspects and infrastructure

We need to get the first application for the platform/ecosystem on the website.

The blockchain explorer is up at
- http://explorer.skycoin.net

We are doing the third generation skycoin wallet and completely redoing the wallet frontend and design, to start multicoin support (for Skycoin, Bitcoin, Ethereum and Qtum). The new wallet will be based upon the design of the Byteballs wallet.

We are getting more developers and focusing on improved project management process and expanding the development team further.

The CXO standard for immutable data objects and CXO daemon is almost done
- http://github.com/skycoin/cxo
- Skycoin block and transactions will eventually be stored, synchronized and exchanged over the network as CXO objects. The skycoin blockheaders and the transaction list in the Skycoin blocks will be stored as separate objects, to allow headers first download.

Congestion control on the meshnet is done. We have ~4 tickets left before will have something working. It works very well at 2 MB/s per core but needs optimization and there are still bottlenecks in the congestion control.

We have a skycoin introduction video in production now. We need to find a good narrative and message.

Development Chat:

http://skycoin.chat

We have a mattermost server now.

Byteballs and Qtum Crowdsales:

These are very interesting. Everyone should look at these

- http://byteball.org/

Qtum, will probably replace ethereum because it is simpler and has fewer problems. The UXTO model is much cleaner. They have a lot of previous developers and have already done two previous coins and are the best team I have seen so far.

Byteballs is the first coin (besides skycoin) to be able to achieve consensus in a public network, without mining. They have gotten rid of the blockchain and replaced it with a DAG. I think the future is going to be with a variant of this approach. We have been considering this for years, for a Skycoin 2.0. I have not reviewed their code or implementation, but the concept is extremely innovative.

From the skycoin developer: Qtum, will probably replace ethereum because it is simpler and has fewer problems. The UXTO model is much cleaner. They have a lot of previous developers and have already done two previous coins and are the best team I have seen so far.

That's quite the compliment coming from the Skycoin developer. One of the struggles that will take time to overcome is educating people about the benefits of the UTXO model when coupled with Smart Contracts.

testerx

Activity: 608
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 08:30:26 AM

If you missed out on the ICO, what would be the best price to buy this puppy?

I'm also curious, how much do you see QTUM growing price wise?

Ethereum seems to be tearing up the crypto space...

Based on Gnosis launch price, I'd say about 1 ETH, maybe 2 ETH, per Qtum.
Hahaha, sounds good.  I'll take that price for sure, in fact I'm gonna offer a deal good for all bitcointalk members right now, you can buy out my rights to my Qtum that I bought in the ICO for 1.5ETH per token.  Act fast before it goes up!

Anyways, in all seriousness it could be worth more than ETH someday but for that to occur they need to actually start with baby steps and release working software first.  I think if it really does work and people start to see the advantages of the UXTO model and SPV as well as truly mobile dapps that don't require an intermediary then Qtum may become very valuable.  Of course the pump that's going to go on if the altcoin bubble is still ongoing when mainnet goes live will be crazy too, but that's not really a long term kind of thing.

If they really manage to release a working mainnet then I'll probably buy some more Qtum, I limited how much I bought during the ICO but if they can really release working software I'd probably increase my stake, assuming that the price isn't Gnosis style on release.
fbrotha

Activity: 32

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 09:31:08 PM

When is the testnet launched?
Qtum (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2017, 01:28:51 AM

When is the testnet launched?

It will be in June, if you'd like to help with some testing, we can send test tokens to anyone interested.

dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 01:39:43 AM

I won't trust dev that promoting qtum-SCAM.....

I have not looked at qtum's code.

We know the qtum founder and he is one of the largest investors in Skycoin from four years ago, before qtum or any of this. Some of the people around him are legendary scammers, but he is not a scammer.

I think Patricks role in the bitbay situation is exaggerated. I read through the arguments and it just sounds like drama.

Many of the people in the Bitcoin community are sociopaths. They often steal things or cause drama, then immediately blame it or scapegoat it on someone else. They are not even done stealing the money, before they go on campaign of moral indignation against the fall person.

I think Patrick was blamed for Bitbay because his personality makes him an easy victim for sociopaths and the human predators in the bitcoin community. There are people walking around, sizing people up and trying to determine whether they can manipulate someone, setup a scam, steal things and who is going to be gullible or a fall person.

If you knew the people involved, you would understand what the social dynamic is.

>Also how can you be so confident qtum is going to replace ETH based on it's tech when they haven't released code yet?

Ethereum is using an accounts model, like Ripple. Which is anti-blockchain and anti-privacy and very traceable. It is against the philosophy of Bitcoin.

All coins going forward will be on the UXTO model and it is best practice for blockchain. Moving turing complete smart contracts off of accounts model and onto UXTO is extremely important and that is what qtum appears to be doing.

We need to figure out how to do general computation on a UXTO model. Instead of being restrained to the Ripple/Ethereum accounts model.

I think they will get closer to the goal, but only get there part way
- thin client for smart contracts (major limitation for existing system)
- moving smart contracts onto UXTO (major milestone)

I do not know if qtum has succeeded, but they seem to be going in right direction. I talked to one of their technical leads and they were focused on "Getting it working with something we can do now" and then incremental improvement over time. So first implementing the Ethereum virtual machine on top of UXTO, then working out the research problems for a native turing complete UXTO language later.

I do not know if there is a way to full UXTO while still having "gas". I think you will need to get rid of the "gas". In the ethereum model to take full advantage. I do not know if qtum will be able to go far enough in doing that, but is heading in the correct direction.

Ethereum tries to be both a token and a computer.
- we started with pure tokens (Bitcoin)
- then we added a computer to the tokens (Ethereum)
- now we just trying to figure out how to build  pure computer on UXTO
- Then once we have the computer, the tokens or coins just become a program or entity running on this "distributed computer"

Bitcoin, Ethereum, qtum, byteballs, etc are just stepping stones. Towards a final solution. None of these will exist or be relevant in ten years. We are in an age of transition and I am looking at the projects that are getting closer to the goal, in a pure mathematical sense.

Even Skycoin is being ripped up and its foundations constantly rewritten when it is advantageous to do so. Bitcoin is static and relatively unchanging, while Ethereum has been able to get the community to accept constant small changes.

Skycoin is on a punctuated equilibrium model, where we do bug fixes and polishing, then completely rip up and rebuild the foundation as needed, then go back to bug fixes and polishing.

Right now, we are exploring new networking primitives and the advantage of immutable data structures, but are still on blockchain. Putting EVM on UXTO is heading towards immutable data structures from the perspective of computation, while we are heading towards immutable data structures from the path of consensus, networking and simplifying object synchronization protocols.

One of the pilots that is being spun out of that project is the distibuted, peer-to-peer social media platform built upon immutable data structures and peer-to-peer object replication. For this Skycoin chose a public key, cryptographic publisher/subscriber model and DAG immutable object tree. While Ethereum's project chose a Kadmelia DHT block storage model.

Ignoring the individuals and the drama, I am just looking at the "future direction" and who is heading in that direction.

>Also how can you be so confident qtum is going to replace ETH based on it's tech when they haven't released code yet?

I am not confident it will replace Ethereum. At the start, it will be equivalent to ethereum in terms of being able to run the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) on top of qtum with UXTO. Then they will do a native language.

It will depend on the implementation. I do not know if qtum has succeeded, but they seem to be going in right direction.

Similarly, Byteballs may fail or may not exist in ten years, but they are pioneering the first experiments into replacing the Blockchain with a DAG. Which we have been considering for several years now.

Similarly, Bitcoin was the first but people are getting used to the idea that it will not be the final or best cryptocurrency. That it was just the first generation and that we can build better and improve it substantially.

that's really a good post, smart people know the truth.

This is bullshit. Patricks role in BitBay wasn't exaggerated. He got 200 BTC from an ICO where he bought almost half of it with fake volume and then he left the project and dumped his BitBay. Period. Despite me trying to get him to partipate, he didn't and then he turns around and does this and fakes the volume here too.

Patrick is evil and should burn in hell. There is no such thing as free money he got BTC that he didn't do any work for and then left the project within a couple months.

Then I bust my ass coding alone with no support for 2 years blood sweat and tears. It won't matter if Qtum shits gold bricks. The founder will always be a theif.

The fake profiles here is just to fool investors. Same modus operandi. Qtum team bought almost all the supply so they can do the exact same thing here.
onetwo12

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 04:03:34 AM

hi zimbeck, not too much really care about your posting. Smiley

also if you want to argue, you can ask that skycoin dev.

also from your earlier post, i know you also get a lot of free bitbay and you pumped bitbay price.

onetwo12

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 04:04:20 AM

also what's the plan for testnet release, do you have an exact time of date?

thank you

mana6

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 04:08:23 AM

The mainnet will be released ahead of time?
Pages: « 1 ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 [179] 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 ... 337 »
  Print  

Jump to: