Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 03:01:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 ... 337 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] (QTUM) - A Scalable Smart Contract Platform w/ Proof of Stake  (Read 525249 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (36 posts by 25+ users deleted.)
onetwo12

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 06:48:34 PM

looking forward testnet release!

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Boxxl

Activity: 800
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 08:19:42 PM

Looks like a huge dump for Qtum.
The ICO was a succes but it looks there are no new buyers after..

No Signature right now...
Infernum

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 08:22:26 PM

To be fair, Qtum is not even released yet,  this is just price discovery. It will find a price and hover around there, fluctuating with news
ada84

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 12:27:14 AM

What are you idiots talking about? That's 5 million dollars volume trading PER DAY before release! Its not even live for another four months and it's already one of the highest traded coins in all of China.

Buy up.
BTCspace

Activity: 952
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 12:59:54 AM

BTC just been dumped 30% man.

please create smart FUDs,

also the ico price is 30-40 cents.

tell me where is the dump?  Grin

running farm worldwide
BTCspace

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 01:00:56 AM

What are you idiots talking about? That's 5 million dollars volume trading PER DAY before release! Its not even live for another four months and it's already one of the highest traded coins in all of China.

Buy up.

you have a point man, so many idiots  try to create FUDs on Qtum,but it did not work.

running farm worldwide
BTCspace

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 01:06:10 AM

running farm worldwide
thegeneral1985

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 01:25:57 AM

Dude, it's not FUD....it's legitimate.  You have a price of $4.50/coin with 100 million coins that implies the coin is worth $450million with nothing released...With testnet planned for June.  That's not FUD...that's a real risk the price will crash once the hype subsides.  You don't think founders or early investors aren't selling a portion of that $450 million to idiots like you?

You can't compare BTC and other coins that exist to a coin that's just a concept.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 01:31:24 AM

Dude, it's not FUD....it's legitimate.  You have a price of $4.50/coin with 100 million coins that implies the coin is worth $450million with nothing released...With testnet planned for June.  That's not FUD...that's a real risk the price will crash once the hype subsides.  You don't think founders or early investors aren't selling a portion of that $450 million to idiots like you?

You can't compare BTC and other coins that exist to a coin that's just a concept.

Dude, I drank the Kool-Aid (mango), thus here to assure you that Steven Dai - I mean Patrick Dai - would not do such a thing.
thegeneral1985

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 01:38:14 AM

Dude, I drank the Kool-Aid (mango), thus here to assure you that Steven Dai - I mean Patrick Dai - would not do such a thing.

So you know for a fact no early backers, advisors or any core people associated with the project have sold Qtum?  You're absolutely sure that nobody over there looked at their coin raise $15 million and now it's suddenly $450 million...and nobody over there has sold anything- they're holding on to it all...no one cashed out even a dollar...and you're absolutely sure of this because...

I know you're trying to compete with ETH... but this is not how ETH started or succeeded.  You should be concerned and actually fearful for the long term when you haven't even built a testnet and the coin is valued at half a billion.  That would make me want to sell some if I was holding it because there will be huge volatility and a correction.  No coin has a smooth release, and we don't even have a testnet up and there's a half a billion valuation for a coin that's just on paper.
thegeneral1985

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 01:56:42 AM

Also, let's forget about speculation and who's selling the coin...

Who in their right mind would buy into a coin worth $450 million with absolutely nothing?!?!  No wallet, no testnet, no network, nobody using the coin in the wild?!?....just a promise to build it out months in the future?!?

I'm sorry, there are much better options out there in cryptoland and coins that actually exist... people buying at a $450 million valuation will be left holding the bag.

Even the big 10 million+ icos have SOMETHING, an alpha, a demo, a testnet, wallets...something they've been working on usually for the past couple years... this coin looks like a Chinese scam where they just get the right advisors and take pictures with the right people.  It's just like those ghost cities and crappy construction.  People buying this coin will be disappointed, they won't get what they think they're paying for.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 02:11:58 AM

So you know for a fact no early backers, advisors or any core people associated with the project have sold Qtum?  You're absolutely sure that nobody over there looked at their coin raise $15 million and now it's suddenly $450 million...and nobody over there has sold anything- they're holding on to it all...no one cashed out even a dollar...and you're absolutely sure of this because...

I know you're trying to compete with ETH... but this is not how ETH started or succeeded.  You should be concerned and actually fearful for the long term when you haven't even built a testnet and the coin is valued at half a billion.  That would make me want to sell some if I was holding it because there will be huge volatility and a correction.  No coin has a smooth release, and we don't even have a testnet up and there's a half a billion valuation for a coin that's just on paper.

WOW! Dude doesn't recognize /S when he sees/reads it.

Dude, in case you're not versed, I'm one of the dudes who helped tear Steven/Patrick Dai a new asshole.

Recall, when the news broke that Steven and Patrick Dai were the same person, ALL those in Qtum's inner circle adamantly denied it, going as far as claiming that we're merely trolling. Then, Patrick Dai comes out and claims such was true and that everybody, including his inner circle, knew such to be a fact. Then, them same inner circle dudes back-peddled and went on record to concur the stance.

Translated: WE ALL KNOW GODDAMN WELL THAT THOSE AT QTUM WILL BE SELLING OFF THEIR TOKENS WAY BEFORE THOSE WHO PURCHASED THEM WILL. Furthermore, the exchanges trading the QTUM token are directly and indirectly related to Team Qtum, thus will manipulate the price to their benefit.

HOW MOTHERFUCKIN CLOSE AM I?
thegeneral1985

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 04:51:28 AM

Dude, in case you're not versed, I'm one of the dudes who helped tear Steven/Patrick Dai a new asshole.

Recall, when the news broke that Steven and Patrick Dai were the same person, ALL those in Qtum's inner circle adamantly denied it, going as far as claiming that we're merely trolling. Then, Patrick Dai comes out and claims such was true and that everybody, including his inner circle, knew such to be a fact. Then, them same inner circle dudes back-peddled and went on record to concur the stance.

Translated: WE ALL KNOW GODDAMN WELL THAT THOSE AT QTUM WILL BE SELLING OFF THEIR TOKENS WAY BEFORE THOSE WHO PURCHASED THEM WILL. Furthermore, the exchanges trading the QTUM token are directly and indirectly related to Team Qtum, thus will manipulate the price to their benefit.

LOLOL dude!!  My bad!!  I didn't know you uncovered that fraudster.  Dude, I can't believe people are so stupid they are buying this coin at $450million valuation.  Why are the advisors still with this project?  This is such a scam- changing names, trying to put people on your site that seem legit, etc...  manipulating and colluding with exchanges...

Btw what are your thoughts on any new ICOs/coin- would love to hear what projects you think are legit/not scams.
testerx

Activity: 608
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 07:10:30 AM

I'd argue the opposite actually, the testnet isn't even proven to be functional at all but it's already worth $450 million because of demand in the Chinese market, once they release an actual functional project the value would be much, much, higher.
And sure, the creators can dump a lot of coins except they'll make a lot more money actually putting out a real product because the Chinese market is that hungry for their own Ethereum.

Either way, all the crap posters dumping on the ICO honestly cost a lot of bitcointalk members a huge opportunity here.  If you sold your ICO Qtums the other day you would have had a 28,000% return, and even with the drop to ~$4.50 we're looking at 15,000% gains.  You can sell a tiny fraction of your holdings and have all the money you put into the ICO back and a free ride to wherever. Luckily I didn't let you guys talk me out of investing in the ICO entirely, but I probably would have invested double what I did if it weren't for all the FUD here.

Of all the ICOs this year this was probably the best investment out of any of them but you guys just want to believe your own FUD, lol.  Keep posting nonsense though, we'll see who's right once the testnet and mainnet go live.  With the huge returns from my Qtum buy it's skyrocketed up to being almost 15% of my crypto holdings even though I put maybe 2% of my holdings into the ICO (the other holdings went up as well so the ratio did not grow by 15x).  But hey, without all the FUD here the ICO might have sold out before I could get in.
BTCspace

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 07:31:04 AM

welcome back Gleb !  i was wondering where you go?

also you just missed the Qtum ico, best ICO in 2017

all participater make 10-20X times profit.  Smiley

running farm worldwide
BTCspace

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 07:32:47 AM

I'd argue the opposite actually, the testnet isn't even proven to be functional at all but it's already worth $450 million because of demand in the Chinese market, once they release an actual functional project the value would be much, much, higher.
And sure, the creators can dump a lot of coins except they'll make a lot more money actually putting out a real product because the Chinese market is that hungry for their own Ethereum.

Either way, all the crap posters dumping on the ICO honestly cost a lot of bitcointalk members a huge opportunity here.  If you sold your ICO Qtums the other day you would have had a 28,000% return, and even with the drop to ~$4.50 we're looking at 15,000% gains.  You can sell a tiny fraction of your holdings and have all the money you put into the ICO back and a free ride to wherever. Luckily I didn't let you guys talk me out of investing in the ICO entirely, but I probably would have invested double what I did if it weren't for all the FUD here.

Of all the ICOs this year this was probably the best investment out of any of them but you guys just want to believe your own FUD, lol.  Keep posting nonsense though, we'll see who's right once the testnet and mainnet go live.  With the huge returns from my Qtum buy it's skyrocketed up to being almost 15% of my crypto holdings even though I put maybe 2% of my holdings into the ICO (the other holdings went up as well so the ratio did not grow by 15x).  But hey, without all the FUD here the ICO might have sold out before I could get in.

you have a good point!

i invested because skycoin dev posted this earlier:

Quote from: skycoin on March 16, 2017, 04:54:31 PM

- https://qtum.org

Qtum, will probably replace ethereum because it is simpler and has fewer problems. The UXTO model is much cleaner. They have a lot of previous developers and have already done two previous coins and are the best team I have seen so far.

I won't trust dev that promoting qtum-SCAM.....

I have not looked at qtum's code.

We know the qtum founder and he is one of the largest investors in Skycoin from four years ago, before qtum or any of this. Some of the people around him are legendary scammers, but he is not a scammer.

I think Patricks role in the bitbay situation is exaggerated. I read through the arguments and it just sounds like drama.

Many of the people in the Bitcoin community are sociopaths. They often steal things or cause drama, then immediately blame it or scapegoat it on someone else. They are not even done stealing the money, before they go on campaign of moral indignation against the fall person.

I think Patrick was blamed for Bitbay because his personality makes him an easy victim for sociopaths and the human predators in the bitcoin community. There are people walking around, sizing people up and trying to determine whether they can manipulate someone, setup a scam, steal things and who is going to be gullible or a fall person.

If you knew the people involved, you would understand what the social dynamic is.

>Also how can you be so confident qtum is going to replace ETH based on it's tech when they haven't released code yet?

Ethereum is using an accounts model, like Ripple. Which is anti-blockchain and anti-privacy and very traceable. It is against the philosophy of Bitcoin.

All coins going forward will be on the UXTO model and it is best practice for blockchain. Moving turing complete smart contracts off of accounts model and onto UXTO is extremely important and that is what qtum appears to be doing.

We need to figure out how to do general computation on a UXTO model. Instead of being restrained to the Ripple/Ethereum accounts model.

I think they will get closer to the goal, but only get there part way
- thin client for smart contracts (major limitation for existing system)
- moving smart contracts onto UXTO (major milestone)

I do not know if qtum has succeeded, but they seem to be going in right direction. I talked to one of their technical leads and they were focused on "Getting it working with something we can do now" and then incremental improvement over time. So first implementing the Ethereum virtual machine on top of UXTO, then working out the research problems for a native turing complete UXTO language later.

I do not know if there is a way to full UXTO while still having "gas". I think you will need to get rid of the "gas". In the ethereum model to take full advantage. I do not know if qtum will be able to go far enough in doing that, but is heading in the correct direction.

Ethereum tries to be both a token and a computer.
- we started with pure tokens (Bitcoin)
- then we added a computer to the tokens (Ethereum)
- now we just trying to figure out how to build  pure computer on UXTO
- Then once we have the computer, the tokens or coins just become a program or entity running on this "distributed computer"

Bitcoin, Ethereum, qtum, byteballs, etc are just stepping stones. Towards a final solution. None of these will exist or be relevant in ten years. We are in an age of transition and I am looking at the projects that are getting closer to the goal, in a pure mathematical sense.

Even Skycoin is being ripped up and its foundations constantly rewritten when it is advantageous to do so. Bitcoin is static and relatively unchanging, while Ethereum has been able to get the community to accept constant small changes.

Skycoin is on a punctuated equilibrium model, where we do bug fixes and polishing, then completely rip up and rebuild the foundation as needed, then go back to bug fixes and polishing.

Right now, we are exploring new networking primitives and the advantage of immutable data structures, but are still on blockchain. Putting EVM on UXTO is heading towards immutable data structures from the perspective of computation, while we are heading towards immutable data structures from the path of consensus, networking and simplifying object synchronization protocols.

One of the pilots that is being spun out of that project is the distibuted, peer-to-peer social media platform built upon immutable data structures and peer-to-peer object replication. For this Skycoin chose a public key, cryptographic publisher/subscriber model and DAG immutable object tree. While Ethereum's project chose a Kadmelia DHT block storage model.

Ignoring the individuals and the drama, I am just looking at the "future direction" and who is heading in that direction.

>Also how can you be so confident qtum is going to replace ETH based on it's tech when they haven't released code yet?

I am not confident it will replace Ethereum. At the start, it will be equivalent to ethereum in terms of being able to run the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) on top of qtum with UXTO. Then they will do a native language.

It will depend on the implementation. I do not know if qtum has succeeded, but they seem to be going in right direction.

Similarly, Byteballs may fail or may not exist in ten years, but they are pioneering the first experiments into replacing the Blockchain with a DAG. Which we have been considering for several years now.

Similarly, Bitcoin was the first but people are getting used to the idea that it will not be the final or best cryptocurrency. That it was just the first generation and that we can build better and improve it substantially.

thank you skycoin dev, because of you, i brought into qtum and made some money.

running farm worldwide
BTCspace

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 07:35:41 AM

LOLOL dude!!  My bad!!  I didn't know you uncovered that fraudster.  Dude, I can't believe people are so stupid they are buying this coin at $450million valuation.  Why are the advisors still with this project?  This is such a scam- changing names, trying to put people on your site that seem legit, etc...  manipulating and colluding with exchanges...

Btw what are your thoughts on any new ICOs/coin- would love to hear what projects you think are legit/not scams.

who is this thegeneral1985 kids?

try to create FUDs here?

you need to learn man, i had saw much much worse FUD..

you are too young, you need learn from Gleb.

he will teach you something.

but it does not matter.. you just missed your chance to make 10X or 20X times profit.

you need to learn man.

running farm worldwide
BTCspace

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 07:36:28 AM

Development Update, week of May 22nd:

Changes made through this week to the core wallet:

Bugs fixed:

* [Consensus/AAL] Fixed an issue where gas refunds were not properly issued in the coinbase when multiple OP_CALL transactions were in a block
* [Consensus/AAL] Fixed an issue where the destination of gas refund outputs was not properly validated

Work completed:

* [Wallet/RPC] Added staking PoS info to RPC interface
* [Consensus/PoS] Completed initial PoSv3 consensus model
* [Consensus/DGP] Completed initial Decentralized Governance Protocol implementation for dynamic gas schedule support

Ongoing in-progress work:

* [Consensus/PoS] Implemented code for removal of nTime from transaction format, making transaction format identical to Bitcoin; testing that this does not affect PoSv3 consensus model

thanks for the updates.

thanks for the weekly updates, looking forward to the testnet release!

running farm worldwide
onetwo12

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 07:39:14 AM

Of all the ICOs this year this was probably the best investment out of any of them but you guys just want to believe your own FUD, lol.  Keep posting nonsense though, we'll see who's right once the testnet and mainnet go live.  With the huge returns from my Qtum buy it's skyrocketed up to being almost 15% of my crypto holdings even though I put maybe 2% of my holdings into the ICO (the other holdings went up as well so the ratio did not grow by 15x).  But hey, without all the FUD here the ICO might have sold out before I could get in.

also it's a better version Ethereum,  

Qtum is will be the First UTXO based POS Smart Contact platform

i just hope in the future Qtum will have their own VMs,

then i can say Qtum will replace Ethereum in china in 2-3 years.

even right now, everyone in china know Qtum.

and Qtum is 4 times popular than Ethereum in China.

onetwo12

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 07:46:37 AM

this is the best ico of 2017!

people are making 10 times and 20 times profit now and very big volume now.

where is the FUDs

they already come back just before testnet release.

welcome back. haha  Grin

Pages: « 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 ... 337 »
  Print  

Jump to: