Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:14:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 88 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Cloudhashing ASIC mining contracts, UK LTD company - Now Mining & Paying Bitcoin  (Read 197166 times)
kevinm

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

This is not good for my Chi... Yifu

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 01:31:11 AM

This Guy wasnt too happy about my previous post.
He sent me a PM soon afterwards.
I have spent years working there and I know one when I see one.

Perhaps this info from a Linkedin search is why:

Connect
See all results »
Emmanuel Abiodun Out of your network

Student at Ajuwon HighSchool
Nigeria

Similar

Connect
See all results »
Emmanuel Oluwaseun Abiodun Out of your network

Student at UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, NIGERIA
Nigeria · Real Estate

Similar

Connect
See all results »
Emmanuel Abiodun Oyekanmi Out of your network

Student at Obafemi Awolowo University
Nigeria

Similar

Connect
See all results »
Emmanuel Abiodun

Financial Instruments Analyst at Rehoboth Funds
Nigeria · Financial Services

Similar

Connect
See all results »
Emmanuel Abiodun

System Support Officer at Linkpoint Resources International Ltd
Nigeria · Marketing and Advertising

Similar

Connect
See all results »

Accounting Professional
Nigeria · Accounting

Similar

Connect
See all results »
olatunji emmanuel abiodun Out of your network

--
Nigeria

Similar

Connect
See all results »
Emmanuel abiodun bolaji

Buyer beware
cloudhasher (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Taking bitcoin mining to everybody

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 02:14:52 AM

Just saw your board post.

I would like you to know a few things

1) None of the guys in your post relate to anybody in our company.
2) I have made my identity known to 3 senior members of the board and they have verified that.
3) Reason I have to be so protective of our identities is that we all actually still hold positions at our current places of work. We cannot compromise ourselves. This is a very new industry.

To assume that just because you see a Nigerian surname somewhere that it automatically equates to a scam is absurd. Multiple times we have provided detailed financial information and order numbers at BFL. If that does not convince you then that's fine. Just don't go dragging our good name in the mud with your stereotypes.

Good day.

CH
kevinm

Activity: 228

This is not good for my Chi... Yifu

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 05:54:34 AM

My point is:
Personally, Frome the name on the invoice and I think you are a Nigerian,
Please do not offer to send me a scan of your passport to prove otherwise,
I am from UK and have spent years in Nigeria, unlike most on this board. So I have first hand experience of just how intricate and complicated the scams can get.

Many people here have helped me with advice so my purpose is to try and encourage people do their own due dilligence before parting with cash.
Not only is your surname typical of the Yoruba tribe from Benin, SW Nigeria, but Emmanuel is a common Nigerian name too.
You should be pleased that an "Oyibo" is so well versed with your culture.

For all I know, your business venture could be legitimate and if so, I wish you luck.

All I am saying is "Buyer Beware"

Good Day.

Kev.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 06:25:43 AM

My point is:
Personally, Frome the name on the invoice and I think you are a Nigerian,
Please do not offer to send me a scan of your passport to prove otherwise,
I am from UK and have spent years in Nigeria, unlike most on this board. So I have first hand experience of just how intricate and complicated the scams can get.

Many people here have helped me with advice so my purpose is to try and encourage people do their own due dilligence before parting with cash.
Not only is your surname typical of the Yoruba tribe from Benin, SW Nigeria, but Emmanuel is a common Nigerian name too.
You should be pleased that an "Oyibo" is so well versed with your culture.

For all I know, your business venture could be legitimate and if so, I wish you luck.

All I am saying is "Buyer Beware"

Good Day.

Kev.

I agree with your assessment.

This has smelled really fishy to me since he started posting here, I'm glad someone else can see through the smoke and mirrors.

His "proof" he ordered the hardware can easily be faked in Photoshop in less than 5 minutes by anyone with half a brain.

He still is holding onto the fact that he sold 5000+ contracts without advertising ANYTHING here on bitcointalk or even mentioning his services.

What kind of Bitcoin start up launches their business without posting here on Bitcointalk? I'll give you the answer in case you're not sure, NONE!
cloudhasher (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 07:05:45 AM

Hi,

Coinhoarder, I do hope you are aware that the world does exist outside of this board?

Kev, Purely because of one's ethnicity, you decide to judge them a scam. That tell me more of you than anything else. You only need check with BFNL to confirm if the order number I have presented are in fact genuine or fake.

For both your information, we started selling contracts to businesses and individuals we know personally or worked with previously before deciding to take this online. If you can't understand that then I am obviously wasting my time.

Before labelling the post with your obvious racial issues (kev with Nigerians) and paranoia or wish for something to be fake (coinhoarder). Do some research.

1) Call BFL to confirm order numbers
2) Check our verified Paypal status. My organisation has done over $100,000 worth of business with them in a short time period
3) Actually visit the website and read what it days here

Without a will to read or research, you are just blowing hot air on this board and nothing else. I have had 3 senior members vet me. I have sent them bank statements, Paypal statements to show orders before launching the website and many other proofs.
Its general what happens in a search for truth.

this is nothing more than a witch hunt.

You simply cant accept or want to accept that somebody that doesn't sound or look like you can pull this off. Maybe check with members that helped vet us, the calibre of work we are currently employed in. That might incense you further.

Good day to you.

CH
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 07:10:47 AM

Hi,

Coinhoarder, I do hope you are aware that the world does exist outside of this board?

Kev, Purely because of one's ethnicity, you decide to judge them a scam. That tell me more of you than anything else. You only need check with BFNL to confirm if the order number I have presented are in fact genuine or fake.

For both your information, we started selling contracts to businesses and individuals we know personally or worked with previously before deciding to take this online. If you can't understand that then I am obviously wasting my time.

Before labelling the post with your obvious racial issues (kev with Nigerians) and paranoia or wish for something to be fake (coinhoarder). Do some research.

2) Check our verified Paypal status. My organisation has done over $100,000 worth of business with them in a short time period

Without a will to read or research, you are just blowing hot air on this board and nothing else. I have had 3 senior members vet me. I have sent them bank statements, Paypal statements to show orders before launching the website and many other proofs.

You simply cant accept or want to accept that somebody that doesn't sound or look like you can pull this off. Maybe check with members that helped vet us, the calibre of work we are currently employed in. That might incense you further.

Good day to you.

Every time you post I can tell more and more that English is not your first language.

Scam on scammer.

I give Bitcoin businesses and projects my full support... likely scams on the other hand, I will not hold back my opinion.

cloudhasher (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 07:30:10 AM

Again,

No will to read or research.

As I have always maintained, I am not immune for typographic or grammatical errors. Unless you wish to actually find out the truth in our offering I.e verifying with BFL or other members, then stop wasting everyone time. This is now seriously childish.

Regards

CH
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 07:40:42 AM

Again,

No will to read or research.

As I have always maintained, I am not immune for typographic or grammatical errors. Unless you wish to actually find out the truth in our offering I.e verifying with BFL or other members, then stop wasting everyone time. This is now seriously childish.

Regards

Rofl- I'm not going to continue to waste my time with you.

Everyone knows by now I think you're a scammer, so I will leave it up to them to decide who is right.

Good luck selling your overpriced "non scam" mining contracts on hardware that won't be delivered until 2014.

I'm sure it will work out really well for your investors.

I'll leave you alone for now.

Adios
boonies4u

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 01:18:02 PM

Hi,

Good day to you.

Every time you post I can tell more and more that English is not your first language.

Scam on scammer.

I give Bitcoin businesses and projects my full support... likely scams on the other hand, I will not hold back my opinion.

English is not his first language so he is a scammer?
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 09:47:32 PM

He claims he is from the UK, so English should be his first language.
jml

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 09:55:52 PM

This is getting rather silly coinhoarder, I have seen many people who are native in the UK (18+) who can not even spell or apply correct grammar. Just because someone has bad English does not automatically label him/her as a con artist.

"Everything is a matter of degree"
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 10:00:41 PM

This is getting rather silly coinhoarder, I have seen many people who are native in the UK (18+) who can not even spell or apply correct grammar. Just because someone has bad English does not automatically label him/her as a con artist.

I already said I was done in this thread, but he asked me a question so I answered.

I didn't know the UK public school system was so shitty, my apologies.

Like I said, I'm not going to drag this guy through the mud anymore than I already have.

So.. stop directing posts at me and I'll leave this guy and his scam alone.
Pentel

Activity: 172

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 08:13:10 PM

Which pool(s) are you mining with?
Even with all that hash power you have to mine with a pool(s).  Is the pool(s) merge mining if so where does the namecoins go?

Please don't say your not using a pool because the pre orders of BFL comes to 60TH/s plus!  You must use a pool(s).

cross/\'kros/ n: a thing they nail people to. Vircurex - Exchnage
PGP Key
BM-NC5DsQck3UyTHFv3fKCMBprw7BNVHUwH
cloudhasher (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2013, 10:54:58 PM

Hi,

We will be using a pool controlled by BFL initially. We are looking at alternatives as we wouldn't want 1 or 2 pools to control more than 50 pc of all hash power.

CH
BTC-Joe

Activity: 136

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 07:18:51 AM

I have purchased over 100 contracts with cloudhashing.com and paid for them with bitcoins. I like the idea of purchasing shares of mining power without the hassle of buying, setting up and maintaining hardware. Been there, done that and I have acquired quite a bit of coins in the process.

I find it quite irritating that every new bitcoin startup is branded a scam by people who think they are "expert detectives" yet themselves cower anonymously behind an ID on the forum.

PRIVACY AND ANONYMITY ARE PART OF WHY BITCOINS WERE CREATED!

Bitcoins are for people who want to buy, sell and trade without big brother watching their every move...if you find this unsettling then WTF are you doing here? This goes both ways, BTW. No bitcoin operation should be expected to provide a full disclosure any more than an individual user.

If you want traceable, verifiable payments then you better start doing business in person, face to face, using highly traceable payment methods like checks with businesses that have their own brick-n-mortar locations in your home country.

Are you all a bunch of crooks since you're so eager to accuse others you have not dealt with of being a "scam"? Bitcoins certainly do open the door for scammers, and that's where having an active community helps by allowing members to offer a vote of confidence for BTC companies that have delivered on their promises.

Most mining pools have crap looking websites that don't even qualify as "MS Frontpage mistake"...yet people are happy to hash on behalf of these pools with the expectation that they are paid. The people behind the pools are often anonymous, not even registered as a business. This guy used a generic template...MUST BE A SCAM. Never mind the hundreds of "estores" that run the default, unmodified oscommerce theme. All those shops MUST BE A SCAM because they use the default template.

THIS WEBSITE USES A DEFAULT TEMPLATE! MUST BE A SCAM TOO!

You people are morons and you disgust me. You are completely undermining bitcoins with this nonsense. If you did not do business with a company and have no verifiable proof that they have participated in any kind of fraudulent activity then you have no right or reason to throw these accusations around.

I would really like to see the moderators step it up and BAN people who throw around baseless accusations WITH NO PROOF. Without start-ups like this trying new ideas there is going to be no innovation and bitcoins are just going to die a slow death as a "game currency" without a game.
boonies4u

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 11:07:36 AM

I have purchased over 100 contracts with cloudhashing.com and paid for them with bitcoins. I like the idea of purchasing shares of mining power without the hassle of buying, setting up and maintaining hardware. Been there, done that and I have acquired quite a bit of coins in the process.

I find it quite irritating that every new bitcoin startup is branded a scam by people who think they are "expert detectives" yet themselves cower anonymously behind an ID on the forum.

PRIVACY AND ANONYMITY ARE PART OF WHY BITCOINS WERE CREATED!

Bitcoins are for people who want to buy, sell and trade without big brother watching their every move...if you find this unsettling then WTF are you doing here? This goes both ways, BTW. No bitcoin operation should be expected to provide a full disclosure any more than an individual user.

If you want traceable, verifiable payments then you better start doing business in person, face to face, using highly traceable payment methods like checks with businesses that have their own brick-n-mortar locations in your home country.

Are you all a bunch of crooks since you're so eager to accuse others you have not dealt with of being a "scam"? Bitcoins certainly do open the door for scammers, and that's where having an active community helps by allowing members to offer a vote of confidence for BTC companies that have delivered on their promises.

Most mining pools have crap looking websites that don't even qualify as "MS Frontpage mistake"...yet people are happy to hash on behalf of these pools with the expectation that they are paid. The people behind the pools are often anonymous, not even registered as a business. This guy used a generic template...MUST BE A SCAM. Never mind the hundreds of "estores" that run the default, unmodified oscommerce theme. All those shops MUST BE A SCAM because they use the default template.

THIS WEBSITE USES A DEFAULT TEMPLATE! MUST BE A SCAM TOO!

You people are morons and you disgust me. You are completely undermining bitcoins with this nonsense. If you did not do business with a company and have no verifiable proof that they have participated in any kind of fraudulent activity then you have no right or reason to throw these accusations around.

I would really like to see the moderators step it up and BAN people who throw around baseless accusations WITH NO PROOF. Without start-ups like this trying new ideas there is going to be no innovation and bitcoins are just going to die a slow death as a "game currency" without a game.

Who the fuck are you???
jml

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 05:13:12 PM

First of all, you are generalising and insulting the community and you deserve no respect here; you have lost it as far as I am concerned. The fact that there are people who label companies as scam is true, but that is why you have a brain, use it and click on ignore if you don't like what you read.

Know this, BFL still have not shipped (except for 2 Jalapenos for review and dev purposes) and my assumption is that they are having issues with the enclosures as they are too small to fit them for the single SC models. They had to step up a size for the jalapeno from the original single SC due to excessive heat exhaust. If this is the case, I would imagine the minirig (the model that cloudhashing is relying on) will be delivered later than May if they have the same problem.

"Everything is a matter of degree"
BTC-Joe

Activity: 136

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 11:05:26 PM

Who the fuck are you???

Thanks for quoting the whole post for your worthless response.

First of all, you are generalising and insulting the community and you deserve no respect here; you have lost it as far as I am concerned. The fact that there are people who label companies as scam is true, but that is why you have a brain, use it and click on ignore if you don't like what you read.

No, I'm not insulting "the community". I don't think that the "the community" is a bunch of fear mongering half-wits like the majority of the posters in this thread. I think most of them are sensible people who want to do business without being tethered to government currency regulations and limitations.

Suggesting that I "click ignore" and disregard such posts is as idiotic as this thread itself. Conversations taking place on a website linked to directly by the official bitcoin.org website should not be tossing around baseless, unwarranted accusations with zero evidence of any sort to back it up. These types of posts hurt legitimate bitcoin users such as myself by spreading FUD among anyone who may think about getting involved with bitcoins either as a consumer or business.

Know this, BFL still have not shipped (except for 2 Jalapenos for review and dev purposes) and my assumption is that they are having issues with the enclosures as they are too small to fit them for the single SC models. They had to step up a size for the jalapeno from the original single SC due to excessive heat exhaust. If this is the case, I would imagine the minirig (the model that cloudhashing is relying on) will be delivered later than May if they have the same problem.

Nothing you stated here even remotely suggests that cloudhashing.com is a scam. What is happening, is that there are enterprising people who are actually trying to make something more of bitcoins than a 3rd rate blog mention on some tech site.

When you or anyone else can provide some type of concrete EVIDENCE that this website or any others are actually participating in fraudulent activities, go ahead and post said evidence...but for the mods to allow people to continue making false allegations based on moronic rationale, completely devoid of logic, is a cancer to bitcoins that needs to be purged. It's not helping anybody.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 12:15:45 AM

You "noobs" don't understand the amount of scammers that pop up on these forums every day.

Maybe one day you will realize why I am so outspoken in sniffing out likely scams.

If I had a dollar for every scammer that comes to Bitcointalk, I'd be a millionaire ten times over.

This guy registers and then right off the bat he asks for $187,500 to $750,000 to sell the rest of his contracts.

If this doesn't seem the slightest bit fishy to you, then you are going to lose money to scammers left and right here, enjoy your stay.

I admit he has done the best job he can "proving" that he is legit, but at the end of the day you never really know until he starts paying dividends.
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 12:27:08 AM

Contracts Sold

5193/6000

really?

this seems too good to be true

made up? hm. if its too good to be true, then....

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 88 »
  Print  

Jump to: