Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:48:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 331 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [MOON] Mooncoin 🌙 Proof-of-Work, launched in 2013  (Read 317678 times)
whatever48

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 10:53:40 AM

Due to the reduced supply and reduced payout per block I will see those 1 sats walls eaten in the coming weeks.
This is good news as this might initiate a rally mooncoin can back to the moon and break new highs. Not much new money inflow is needed to rally a coin with such a tiny market cap.
What was the alltime high on cryptsy? I believe it was somehting like 35 sats?
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
godonus

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2017, 11:54:24 AM
Last edit: May 22, 2017, 12:56:30 PM by godonus

MOONCOIN REVIVAL WOOOO Grin

mooncoin discord i made

https://discord.gg/Pj2RDH7

UNIFY A CRYPTOCURRENCY WITH A REAL LIFE USE         
#    CHECK OUT OUR PLANS & ALREADY FUNCTIONING MARKETPLACE    #
MARKETPLACE OUR MARKETS BTC ANN TWITTER FACEBOOK TELEGRAM
coinflow
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 07:29:45 PM
Last edit: May 22, 2017, 07:48:43 PM by coinflow

Due to the reduced supply and reduced payout per block I will see those 1 sats walls eaten in the coming weeks.
This is good news as this might initiate a rally mooncoin can back to the moon and break new highs. Not much new money inflow is needed to rally a coin with such a tiny market cap.
What was the alltime high on cryptsy? I believe it was somehting like 35 sats?

According to Coinmarketcap 31 sats.

The reduced supply plays no real role for the Mooncoin economics. I mentioned that earlier. With the already circulating supply it is close to irrelevant, if a reward of 29531 or 17906 per block is paid, It is only a marketing-gag or a cosmetic change at best. It only makes a real difference, once one MOON is worth a lot(!) more than now. At the moment it is rather counter-productive to pay less to the miners, because MOON still needs more of them and they need to be paid rather better than poorer, to be attracted. But now it was changed, so be it like that and MOON has to live with it, even if the story does not tell so nice anymore (29531 as the last fixed amount was originally designed/conceived by deaconboogie, because the Moon requires 29.531 days to circle round the Earth).

So to get the story right again and have a real reduction, maybe one should set 29.5 MOON as the new greatly reduced reward in the future ...
Maybe we could set that with a new wallet, that has Proof of Stake and/or CPU-mining with a a special Algorithm (Groestl or so?) to enable all wallet-owners to participate in mining and stabilize the chain more, than it is now. Hence block-finding times of ~90 sec. as conceived being the regular not the exemption. I have already suggested conceiving a wallet/code/algo a long time ago, that can only mine on a real CPU-based desktop-computer or server, not on ASICs or GPUs at all (funny, that even the BTC-community is thinking about this now to fight the ever increasing centralization of miners/mining-pools ...). Maybe a code-based hardware-check could help determine? Another idea was to give the user a task to solve (like a captcha): this could then be called "Proof of Human Work". A design like that would also help protecting the environment by reducing pollution that comes from using power from non-sustainable/-renewable sources. More and more people choose coins based on this criterion. Food for thought for the developer(s)...

The problem for the price at the moment is not so much the BTC-walls, but the people who constantly repeat placing sell orders at bleutrade and Novaexchange in the sub-satoshi-markets. This prevents MOON from going higher than 1 sat in the BTC-markets (i.e. as soon as the price starts going higher in the DOGE and LTC-markets, experienced traders would start doing arbitrage (buying BTC-based Mooncoins in order to sell at the higher priced DOGE and LTC-markets)). This normally works fast and nice; and even more so, if possible on the same exchange. So: who are these people placing the walls in the sub-Satoshi-markets? Could be they are placing them in order to scoop up other coins below the walls even cheaper. Then the answer is buying up all the sub-Satoshi-walls as soon as they appear, until they have no more MOON left to place more buy walls and let their plan not succeed.  Tongue

Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 550

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2017, 08:04:33 PM

Of course, it's nonsense that MOON is below EAC and RDD.

But RDD is listed at Bittrex, and EAC - at some Chinese exchanges with big trading volume.
List MOON at Bittrex and the price will be fairer.
Even a 100 BTC instant demand (to say nothing of 1000 or 10000 BTC) could increase the Mooncoin price significantly.

The demand exists even now, but we all understand that big money avoid small exchanges and care about liquidity.

It's like we have a great cruise liner, a lot of passengers and a lot of people who want to become Mooncoin's passengers and they are ready to buy a ticket, but there is no sea (listing at big exchanges), and people are waiting...

Anyways $20000 24 h volume today, $30000 for yesterday.

Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2017, 08:25:56 PM
Last edit: May 22, 2017, 09:20:04 PM by Mooncoin_Foundation

Big exchanges don't list coins which have zero innovations, even if it's a PoS coin.
MoonWord is an innovation, if you look at other blockchain recordkeeping services,
they are whether not simple or require the 3rd parties (Factom, for example),
and MoonWord is free.

Also the MoonWord programming language gives a lot of opportunities to people who will join Mooncoin and make projects in its ecosystem in the future. It can be used not only for blockchain recordkeeping, also for a lot of things, which we even cannot imagine now.

SmartLikes is another innovation,
the test version indicated that it's needed to be redesigned to make it more interesting and user-friendly. It's in progress. It was a mistake to focus on ideas and to make ML/moonlite free and not for listing at exchanges at all, people were not motivated.

Mooncoin was never revived as it was never dead. The Mooncoin blockchain worked and works.. There are more than 1,100,000 blocks, millions of transactions successfully processed since 2013. The chain lasts.
The community never stopped its support for Mooncoin since 2014, when an original dev suddenly disappeared,
MOON was never abandoned, even if it's below radars of big investors,
however more and more people realize the Mooncoin potential and join MOON, even with not big money, even at not big exchanges. We see that people are buying MOON on a daily basis now. It looks like the demand/supply ratio is rising.

Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2017, 08:41:28 PM

Unlike many coins which care about their whales (with a huge PoS percent) or about big miners (huge mining rewards),
MOON defends investors.
It has a low inflation now and gradual reward reduce.

INT(19697202017/(INT(nHeight/100000)*100000))

e.g.
Blocks 1,100,000-1,199,999 Reward: 17906
Blocks 1,200,000-1,299,999 Reward: 16414
Blocks 1,300,000-1,399,999 Reward: 15151
Blocks 1,400,000-1,499,999 Reward: 14069

Why 19697202017?

The first lunar landing was performed at the
Sea of Tranquility at 20:17:40 UTC on July 20, 1969.

Rewards will decrease gradually until the block 5,432,100,000 (where the total supply of 385 bil is reached).

starskey

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2017, 11:38:06 PM

I agree, older blockchains that have been working all these years are more reliable. The fact that the devs are so dedicated also gives this a strong buy imo. Bleutrade selling orders are being eaten up fast and the coin still stands at 0.00000001!

cryptoGEEKS ----- Blockchain solutions ----- www.cryptogeeks.eu
coinflow
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 12:01:55 AM
Last edit: May 23, 2017, 12:12:42 AM by coinflow

Unlike many coins which care about their whales (with a huge PoS percent) or about big miners (huge mining rewards),
MOON defends investors.

That sounds like marketing speech, somehow.
MOON does not defend investors any more than any other coin.
Anyone can buy large quantities and sell them to push the price down. Anybody can throw big quantities from the past into the market now. Nobody keeps them from doing that. Now, how does Mooncoin exactly defend investors? Imagine a veteran crypto-user (alternatively veteran crypto-investor), no newbie, to explain it to.

PoS is rewarding everyone, according to their share. At least everyone has the same chance to get coins for their stake at any given time. With PoW this is reserved to big miners ONLY, if the difficulty is high and with PoW additionally comes the problem of the spikes and a stuck blockchain when the big miners leave. This keeps new investors from buying in, because if they cannot rely on the offered block time, they cannot be safe, that their coins arrive on time at the target address (maybe an exchange where they want to sell MOON at a good price). This is exactly the problem, bitcoin has at the moment, but bitcoin is the first and best known crypto (which is its bonus), while MOON is not. With PoW small users without knowledge about and time for getting into mining can only buy on exchanges and wait what happens. Why not help to secure the chain with their wallet, even if the stake is only small.

MOON in its current state cannot be mined rationally with small equipment (CPU) anymore. Even with ASICs it can only be done at a loss if you don't own a big mining farm with cheap running costs in China, like it is with bitcoin. Nobody will buy a rig only to mine MOON and someone trying to mine MOON with a CPU will turn away soon, if they recognize that they only get 10 or 20 MOON a day, and only IF they found a share at all. But everybody can download a wallet and buy coins from an exchange. So even technological not so savvy users can help secure the blockchain and find blocks. Check out a coin like Stratis, it works really well with PoS and it is seen as the future (better than Ethereum) by many with its concept. Ethereum will change from PoW to another system (most probably PoS) in the future, too. PoW has immanent faults and the danger of centralization, as we can see best with bitcoin. This will be the case for every coin, that gets that big, Mooncoin included. So better take measures against that now than later.

The problem of early stakers having the most coins to stake from is the same with a proof of work coin. Those who were early on the playing field could mine with very low mining costs also (just see the rewards in the early days of Mooncoin), as is the case for only buying coins in the beginning at a low price to get a big stake (PoS) early. So the starting position for any new Moonie at any given time is the same for both variants: high price == high difficulty and low price == low difficulty (but even the lowest difficulty now will not let the average user (with only a CPU) get in at a rational rate). The advantage of PoS over PoW is that for PoS you don't need to invest into mining equipment before you can earn something and don't need the technological knowledge which prevents most of the average users from securing the blockchain.

But aside from PoS I have suggested/described other methods.
Think of Proof of Human Work: People in poorer countries could make their living by working for Mooncoin. They get tasks and solve them. They secure the blockchain. All other Moonies profit from their work and can share their wealth to them. Let people do the work, not machines. Win-Win for everyone. Now THAT would be a real story worth telling.

INT(19697202017/(INT(nHeight/100000)*100000))

e.g.
Blocks 1,100,000-1,199,999 Reward: 17906
Blocks 1,200,000-1,299,999 Reward: 16414
Blocks 1,300,000-1,399,999 Reward: 15151
Blocks 1,400,000-1,499,999 Reward: 14069

Why 19697202017?

The first lunar landing was performed at the
Sea of Tranquility at 20:17:40 UTC on July 20, 1969.

That needs too much explanation to be a real good story.

As for MoonWord and SmartLikes: many of the people in this thread and the old one have not even understood what the concept of this is. --> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KISS_principle

Who needs SmartLikes? If someone has found a thing that he wants to reward someone else for, he better can send MOON directly to that person, use flattr or the such, instead of typing UNIX-like commands into a website, manually connect this with a record that he has to make on another website in order to get paid for this finding if another one likes his like, but he only gets MoonLite and then afterwards has to change this into Mooncoin (and finally USD etc.) ... come on, seriously?

jetxm

Activity: 25

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 02:42:11 AM

Hi, someone knows why i dont receive any payment from moonrush.org . I rent hashpower at miningrigrentals to test it but i have not seen any payment and it have been hours mining...
Evangelo

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 03:38:27 AM

Hi, someone knows why i dont receive any payment from moonrush.org . I rent hashpower at miningrigrentals to test it but i have not seen any payment and it have been hours mining...

How much hashpower did you rent?

XP Address: XKzDDembVTqPWk77GPFiUGzKc1eySuwNMR
eXperience Points (XP) | Visit: xpcoin.io for more information
jetxm

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 04:16:34 AM

I rent 2.50M to test for 24 hrs
coinflow
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 04:31:43 AM

I rent 2.50M to test for 24 hrs

moonrush.org seems to be a NOMP-pool, so it depends on how the payment processing was set:

https://github.com/zone117x/node-open-mining-portal#2-configuration

Excerpt:
Code:
 "paymentProcessing": {
        "enabled": true,

/* Every this many seconds get submitted blocks from redis, use daemon RPC to check
           their confirmation status, if confirmed then get shares from redis that contributed
           to block and send out payments. */
        "paymentInterval": 30,

/* Minimum number of coins that a miner must earn before sending payment. Typically,
           a higher minimum means less transactions fees (you profit more) but miners see
           payments less frequently (they dislike). Opposite for a lower minimum payment. */
        "minimumPayment": 0.01,

/* This daemon is used to send out payments. It MUST be for the daemon that owns the
           configured 'address' that receives the block rewards, otherwise the daemon will not
           be able to confirm blocks or send out payments. */
        "daemon": {
            "host": "127.0.0.1",
            "port": 19332,
            "user": "testuser",
            "password": "testpass"

As the difficulty is higher at the moment, it could also be that the pool did not find a block yet while you were mining there, hence no reward to be distributed to the miners.

jetxm

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 04:42:29 AM

Oh i see thanks
metamorphin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

No risk, no fun!

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2017, 07:48:15 AM

Over 4 bln coins bought the last 2 weeks. I think, we enter the bitcoin market again in a reasonable time.

Moon follow the same path like all coins, where is a development and a maintainer behind. Both is here, so normally you only need to sleep over ur bags and waking up with a 10 satoshi market! :-D

Greetz
Steve
l33tn00b

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 10:39:17 AM

Vernon is going to the moon with our moon coins lol
Alt coin market cap is up only 25 billion since cryptsy went kaput... Roll Eyes

You're misinformed.
Vernon's MOON addresses (top 2 seen in block explorers, almost a half of supply)
are unspendable after the fork in March.

Good to know. I guess Vernon deserves the special treatment, but it is a slippery slope of the worst kind.

Never invest more than you can afford to lose!
agswinner
Legendary

Activity: 1375
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2017, 11:15:26 AM

Mooncoin Fans protect your coins with high levels of security (passwords, updated antivirus, etc )
The safest place as the legendary creator deacomboogie said is the paper wallet https://walletgenerator.net/?currency=MoonCoin
#hight #Security #fintech  Roll Eyes

Mooncoin Community New Fund address : MLfg3H5V81ZKBHA8qe35U2L28T2sgXkY1L
Web wallet : https://cointopay.com , Mooncoin web :  http://mooncoin.com
http://twitter.com/mooncoinitalia , https://www.facebook.com/mooncoin.italia/
Evangelo

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 01:16:10 PM

Oh i see thanks

Yes, I'm currently hashing about 2.50 MH, however, the lower the hashrate, the longer the it takes to find a block reward, on the other hand, the higher the hashpower, the quicker the reward. Ex, when I hashed at 250 MH, I received a reward about every 30 minutes, roughly 120,000 Moon.

whatever48

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 01:25:47 PM

Oh i see thanks

Yes, I'm currently hashing about 2.50 MH, however, the lower the hashrate, the longer the it takes to find a block reward, on the other hand, the higher the hashpower, the quicker the reward. Ex, when I hashed at 250 MH, I received a reward about every 30 minutes, roughly 120,000 Moon.
Is there a way to give an estimate as to how much hash power mooncoin needs to prevent the chain grinding to halt every once in a while? Of course transactions will go through but the 90s block time is not met currently with current hash power. Is it some kind of multi pool that switches to moon coin for very short periods of time?

- edit

Or to put differently, at what price will moon attract enough hash power to give a constant block interval?
Evangelo

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 01:31:04 PM

Oh i see thanks

Is there a way to give an estimate as to how much hash power mooncoin needs to prevent the chain grinding to halt every once in a while? Of course transactions will go through but the 90s block time is not met currently with current hash power. Is it some kind of multi pool that switches to moon coin for very short periods of time?

That's a great question, I'm not sure. However, a little over a week ago I was hashing 1 GH for 18 hrs, I recall the block chain moving a lot faster during that period. But it would be nice to find what hashrate is required to keep the chain moving efficiently without over paying.

whatever48

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 01:47:32 PM

Vernon is going to the moon with our moon coins lol
Alt coin market cap is up only 25 billion since cryptsy went kaput... Roll Eyes

You're misinformed.
Vernon's MOON addresses (top 2 seen in block explorers, almost a half of supply)
are unspendable after the fork in March.

just wondering, so what happened to those unspendable mooncoins? are they burned forever? if yes, whats the total supply now?

If this protection works (looks so at the moment, no single move in these addresses since the fork in March),
then these 2 top balances are unspendable (more than 80 bil MOON), which means that even if you have private keys for these addresses,
you're not able to send coins from them, yes, then they are 'burnt' forever, better say 'frozen' though.

If understand correctly code is added to mooncoin source to prevent those coins from being spend?
Could you perhaps point me to the specific source file in repository where this is done?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 331 »
  Print  

Jump to: