Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:23:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 331 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [MOON] Mooncoin 🌙 Proof-of-Work, launched in 2013  (Read 317673 times)
coinflow
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 03:53:22 PM
Last edit: May 23, 2017, 04:10:35 PM by coinflow

Oh i see thanks

Yes, I'm currently hashing about 2.50 MH, however, the lower the hashrate, the longer the it takes to find a block reward, on the other hand, the higher the hashpower, the quicker the reward. Ex, when I hashed at 250 MH, I received a reward about every 30 minutes, roughly 120,000 Moon.
Is there a way to give an estimate as to how much hash power mooncoin needs to prevent the chain grinding to halt every once in a while? Of course transactions will go through but the 90s block time is not met currently with current hash power. Is it some kind of multi pool that switches to moon coin for very short periods of time?

That's a great question, I'm not sure. However, a little over a week ago I was hashing 1 GH for 18 hrs, I recall the block chain moving a lot faster during that period. But it would be nice to find what hashrate is required to keep the chain moving efficiently without over paying.

It's not about the hashrate as such. It is all about how constant the hashrate is kept (that's why it went OK, when you dedicated 1 GH/sec., as this is already expensive for the current price, so the big hopping miners don't dare to mine and keep away).
The problem at the moment is, that big miners switch on to the Moonchain if the difficulty is low, so the next three to ten blocks are found within a minute or two. Then the algo raises the difficulty to adjust the block time back to 90 seconds on average. As soon as the big miner (farm) realizes this, they hop to the next coin to take advantage of the low diff on that chain. They run scripts to constantly check, which coin is the cheapest for them to mine at any given time. The much smaller miners with 2-10 MH/sec. or so then have to mine at the high difficulty, until they find the next block and the algo can calculate the next (much lower) difficulty for finding the next block. Finding the next block after the biggies dropped Mooncoin takes a long time now, of course, because the hashrate is much lower. However, just in that moment the script of the biggies has already recognized the dropped difficulty, too and they jump on again. And the game starts over and over again. They will, however, only dedicate just as much hashrate as needed to get some cheap rewards, so it does not matter, if the hashrate is low or high, it is all only relative - for them; they have enough horsepower and the calculation-scripts to drive Mooncoin crazy with this, even with the improved DigiShield which is already faster than the previously used KGW. They just calculate the right amount to mine as cheap as possible and off they are until it's cheap (for them) again. That is what we can see at the moment. This would only end, if Mooncoin gets in to Litecoin-spheres, with hashrates so high. that no one of those biggies is relevant anymore and the hashrate is nearly constant over long periods of time, because joining and leaving miners of any size nearly don't matter. That is exactly why we need to think PoW over and switch to PoS - or at least change the algo to something that prevents ASICs from distrubing MOONs blockchain. There's a reason why so many coins don't use scrypt anymore nowadays or have switched to PoS or a combination of PoW and PoS.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
whatever48

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 04:09:44 PM

Oh i see thanks

Yes, I'm currently hashing about 2.50 MH, however, the lower the hashrate, the longer the it takes to find a block reward, on the other hand, the higher the hashpower, the quicker the reward. Ex, when I hashed at 250 MH, I received a reward about every 30 minutes, roughly 120,000 Moon.
Is there a way to give an estimate as to how much hash power mooncoin needs to prevent the chain grinding to halt every once in a while? Of course transactions will go through but the 90s block time is not met currently with current hash power. Is it some kind of multi pool that switches to moon coin for very short periods of time?

That's a great question, I'm not sure. However, a little over a week ago I was hashing 1 GH for 18 hrs, I recall the block chain moving a lot faster during that period. But it would be nice to find what hashrate is required to keep the chain moving efficiently without over paying.

It's not about the hashrate as such. It is all about how constant the hashrate is kept.
The problem at the moment is, that big miners switch on to the Moonchain if the difficulty is low, so the next three to ten blocks are found within a minute or two. Then the algo raises the difficulty to adjust the block time back to 90 seconds on average. As soon as the big miner (farm) realizes this, they hop to the next coin to take advantage of the low diff on that chain. They run scripts to constantly check, which coin is the cheapest for them to mine at any given time. The much smaller miners with 2-10 MH/sec. or so then have to mine at the high difficulty, until they find the next block and the algo can calculate the next (much lower) difficulty for finding the next block. However, the script of the biggies have already recognized that, too and jump on again. And the game starts over and over again. They will, however, only dedicate just as much hashrate as needed to get some cheap rewards, so it does not matter, if the hashrate is low or high, it is all only relative - for them; they have enough horsepower and the calculation-scripts to drive Mooncoin crazy with this, even with the improved DigiShield which is already faster than the previously used KGW. They just calculate the right amount to mine as cheap as possible and off they are until it's cheap (for them) again. That is what we can see at the moment. This would only end, if Mooncoin gets in to Litecoin-spheres, with hasrates so high. that no one of those biggies is relevant anymore and the hashrate is constant over long periods of time. That is exactly why we need to think PoW over and switch to PoS - or at least change the algo to something that prevents ASICs from distrubing MOONs blockchain. There's a reason why so many coins don't use scrypt anymore nowadays or have switched to PoS or a combination of PoW and PoS.
Thanks for the detailed reply.
So if I interpret the information correctly, the hashrate that jumps in and out is about 50 - 100 times the dedicated hashrate that is pointed to mooncoin? Is there any infomation about hashrate distribution or graphs of the hashrate of the last weeks?
coinflow
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 04:12:54 PM
Last edit: May 23, 2017, 04:24:57 PM by coinflow

Oh i see thanks

It's not about the hashrate as such. It is all about how constant the hashrate is kept.
The problem at the moment is, that big miners switch on to the Moonchain if the difficulty is low, so the next three to ten blocks are found within a minute or two. Then the algo raises the difficulty to adjust the block time back to 90 seconds on average. As soon as the big miner (farm) realizes this, they hop to the next coin to take advantage of the low diff on that chain. They run scripts to constantly check, which coin is the cheapest for them to mine at any given time. The much smaller miners with 2-10 MH/sec. or so then have to mine at the high difficulty, until they find the next block and the algo can calculate the next (much lower) difficulty for finding the next block. However, the script of the biggies have already recognized that, too and jump on again. And the game starts over and over again. They will, however, only dedicate just as much hashrate as needed to get some cheap rewards, so it does not matter, if the hashrate is low or high, it is all only relative - for them; they have enough horsepower and the calculation-scripts to drive Mooncoin crazy with this, even with the improved DigiShield which is already faster than the previously used KGW. They just calculate the right amount to mine as cheap as possible and off they are until it's cheap (for them) again. That is what we can see at the moment. This would only end, if Mooncoin gets in to Litecoin-spheres, with hasrates so high. that no one of those biggies is relevant anymore and the hashrate is constant over long periods of time. That is exactly why we need to think PoW over and switch to PoS - or at least change the algo to something that prevents ASICs from distrubing MOONs blockchain. There's a reason why so many coins don't use scrypt anymore nowadays or have switched to PoS or a combination of PoW and PoS.
Thanks for the detailed reply.
So if I interpret the information correctly, the hashrate that jumps in and out is about 50 - 100 times the dedicated hashrate that is pointed to mooncoin? Is there any infomation about hashrate distribution or graphs of the hashrate of the last weeks?

There is a graph at https://bchain.info/MOON
But it is outdated/stalled. Maybe someone could contact the owner of that bchain.info to have it checked, as the rest of that Mooncoin-page works.

If you want to see the difficulty as numbers, you could also check https://moonchain.net/chain/Mooncoin
There you can see the diff for any single block in the table and follow the "waves" of rising difficulty, stalling, long time no block and after finding another one with lower diff, then the falling diff, until from a point it rises fast again and again stalls (~100 +),

agswinner
Legendary

Activity: 1375
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2017, 04:34:44 PM

There is a graph at https://bchain.info/MOON
But it is outdated/stalled. Maybe someone could contact the owner of that bchain.info to have it checked, as the rest of that Mooncoin-page works.

Ok sent email to Markus T.  Roll Eyes

Mooncoin Community New Fund address : MLfg3H5V81ZKBHA8qe35U2L28T2sgXkY1L
Web wallet : https://cointopay.com , Mooncoin web :  http://mooncoin.com
http://twitter.com/mooncoinitalia , https://www.facebook.com/mooncoin.italia/
agswinner
Legendary

Activity: 1375
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2017, 05:04:11 PM

There is a new PM from agswinner in my Message Box
about good news from Coinomi (iPhone wallet and other wallets integration),
agswinner, can you please quote them?
Hello Andrea,

Apologies for the late reply.

Our technical team reviewed Mooncoin and we're happy to confirm that we can provide full support for it in our wallet.

There is a one-time fee of 350M Mooncoins for the integration that also includes the cost of providing customer support and running and also managing a minimum of 2 back-end servers for Mooncoin (after that it's €100/month).

​​Porting to other platforms takes place automatically as they become available (we are very close to releasing the desktop editions for windows, mac and linux: http://bit.ly/2jW1QVH; ios and windows phone will follow) for no extra charge. The integration takes 2 weeks in average and goes live in the first update after its completion. Bigger integration fees typically reduce this time to a few days only.

Please let us know if this works for you.

Kind regards,
Coinomi Support.

On Sat, 6 May at 12:17 PM

What do You think about coinomi implementation fee (350m MOON x 10€ = 3500€ + 100€/ month) ?
Obviously we can pay it if moon will be listed in a big exchange  Grin

I think on time fee is too much now, so I emailed to negotiate the cost in btc which is a bit more stable.

Mooncoin Community New Fund address : MLfg3H5V81ZKBHA8qe35U2L28T2sgXkY1L
Web wallet : https://cointopay.com , Mooncoin web :  http://mooncoin.com
http://twitter.com/mooncoinitalia , https://www.facebook.com/mooncoin.italia/
Choosewise

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 06:40:04 PM

Any plans on getting moon on more exchanges? The volume's been picking up lately, I don't think it would be that difficult to get it on cryptopia at least.

Sentti

Activity: 203

BITG & CHX & FTX Community

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 07:36:08 PM

Any plans on getting moon on more exchanges? The volume's been picking up lately, I don't think it would be that difficult to get it on cryptopia at least.

Absolutely, I am newbie with altcoins and somehow this Mooncoin looks interesting..I think it may have a great potential. If I look for instance Dogecoin, I think Mooncoin is more attractive. Cheesy But it needs definitely more visibility, so more exchanges and big ones would be the best..maybe Bittrex? Could it be possible?

Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 550

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2017, 07:41:17 PM

Vernon is going to the moon with our moon coins lol
Alt coin market cap is up only 25 billion since cryptsy went kaput... Roll Eyes

You're misinformed.
Vernon's MOON addresses (top 2 seen in block explorers, almost a half of supply)
are unspendable after the fork in March.

just wondering, so what happened to those unspendable mooncoins? are they burned forever? if yes, whats the total supply now?

If this protection works (looks so at the moment, no single move in these addresses since the fork in March),
then these 2 top balances are unspendable (more than 80 bil MOON), which means that even if you have private keys for these addresses,
you're not able to send coins from them, yes, then they are 'burnt' forever, better say 'frozen' though.

If understand correctly code is added to mooncoin source to prevent those coins from being spend?
Could you perhaps point me to the specific source file in repository where this is done?

Barrysty1e mentioned 'AcceptToMemoryPool',
you may want to contact him and ask for more details.

polemarhos888

Activity: 499
Merit: 250

To The Moon !

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 07:56:42 PM

Good afternoon from Greece. I have observed that Moocoin's value have linked by the Dogecoin and Bitcoin. The Mooncoin Fundation is working very well too. I believe that Mooncoin will growth very soon...!! Smiley

Mooncoin_Foundation (OP)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 550

Mooncoin at Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2017, 08:26:54 PM

The 24h Mooncoin volume today is $37000.
$20000 for MOON/BTC markets.
http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/mooncoin/#markets.

starskey

Activity: 134

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2017, 09:35:23 PM

The sell wall on bleutrade has dropped from 32 btc to 23 in a day! https://bleutrade.com/exchange/MOON/BTC

cryptoGEEKS ----- Blockchain solutions ----- www.cryptogeeks.eu
Littlestan

Activity: 189

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 09:38:04 PM

The sell wall on bleutrade has dropped from 32 btc to 23 in a day! https://bleutrade.com/exchange/MOON/BTC

You can thank 4chan for that. Wink
coinflow
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 10:13:59 PM

Check this tx: https://moonchain.net/b/13233hKwgr

Nearly 3 bln MOON have been moved.

Littlestan

Activity: 189

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 10:15:53 PM

Bout to move another 2BTC worth once my GRC sells off hehe
Evangelo

Activity: 270

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 10:34:41 PM

Bout to move another 2BTC worth once my GRC sells off hehe

Love to see the exchange talk, I must admit it's quite fun, in the past 2 days I've made about $100+ in Mooncoin. Hopefully in the near future, the block confirmations can come even further down to 10 or 5 confirms on Nova !!

XP Address: XKzDDembVTqPWk77GPFiUGzKc1eySuwNMR
eXperience Points (XP) | Visit: xpcoin.io for more information
isleofmoon

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 12:43:10 AM

HELP!

I've got Mooncoin Core Wallet, and it has worked well, but now it doesn't seem to finish loading. I get the message...

"No block Source Available"

The green processing bar says, "3 hours behind"

but it is stuck.

Is there a known solution to this problem?

Thanks,
IsleofMoon
jetxm

Activity: 25

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 01:42:36 AM

HELP!

I've got Mooncoin Core Wallet, and it has worked well, but now it doesn't seem to finish loading. I get the message...

"No block Source Available"

The green processing bar says, "3 hours behind"

but it is stuck.

Is there a known solution to this problem?

Thanks,
IsleofMoon

Same happening to my wallet it is stuck at 3 hours behind
luckytimes

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 02:07:38 AM

Guys. There is so many Moon coins. Do you think this coin can go up to 5 cents a coin eventually?
isleofmoon

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 02:37:14 AM

Guys. There is so many Moon coins. Do you think this coin can go up to 5 cents a coin eventually?

It's so early in the history of cryptocurrencies, why wouldn't it hit 5 cents or more? Maybe later this year or next?

Admittedly, I am somewhat ignorant of how these things work. But I'm a gambler ... if you can get a lot of something extremely cheap.... well, I like to take a long-shot bet now and then.

And then I look at the website, mooncoin.com... It was just totally upgraded in the past few months, and it looks MANY TIMES better than it did, and it looks very credible.

And it looks like there's a real effort and project behind it to make this a serious, respectable, investable coin. At least that's my impression.

I'm also thinking the association with the moon gives it special appeal, to many different people and cultures, for a lot of different reasons.

Evangelo

Activity: 270

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 04:35:13 AM

Oh i see thanks

It's not about the hashrate as such. It is all about how constant the hashrate is kept (that's why it went OK, when you dedicated 1 GH/sec., as this is already expensive for the current price, so the big hopping miners don't dare to mine and keep away).
The problem at the moment is, that big miners switch on to the Moonchain if the difficulty is low, so the next three to ten blocks are found within a minute or two. Then the algo raises the difficulty to adjust the block time back to 90 seconds on average. As soon as the big miner (farm) realizes this, they hop to the next coin to take advantage of the low diff on that chain. They run scripts to constantly check, which coin is the cheapest for them to mine at any given time. The much smaller miners with 2-10 MH/sec. or so then have to mine at the high difficulty, until they find the next block and the algo can calculate the next (much lower) difficulty for finding the next block. Finding the next block after the biggies dropped Mooncoin takes a long time now, of course, because the hashrate is much lower. However, just in that moment the script of the biggies has already recognized the dropped difficulty, too and they jump on again. And the game starts over and over again. They will, however, only dedicate just as much hashrate as needed to get some cheap rewards, so it does not matter, if the hashrate is low or high, it is all only relative - for them; they have enough horsepower and the calculation-scripts to drive Mooncoin crazy with this, even with the improved DigiShield which is already faster than the previously used KGW. They just calculate the right amount to mine as cheap as possible and off they are until it's cheap (for them) again. That is what we can see at the moment. This would only end, if Mooncoin gets in to Litecoin-spheres, with hashrates so high. that no one of those biggies is relevant anymore and the hashrate is nearly constant over long periods of time, because joining and leaving miners of any size nearly don't matter. That is exactly why we need to think PoW over and switch to PoS - or at least change the algo to something that prevents ASICs from distrubing MOONs blockchain. There's a reason why so many coins don't use scrypt anymore nowadays or have switched to PoS or a combination of PoW and PoS.

Understood, so until POW/POS or another algo is implemented, is there anything that we could do other than over pay for mining to keep constant movement? As the Moon community grows I'm sure there are some temporary options right?

XP Address: XKzDDembVTqPWk77GPFiUGzKc1eySuwNMR
eXperience Points (XP) | Visit: xpcoin.io for more information
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 331 »
  Print  

Jump to: