Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:57:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ebit e9 miner with 6.8Th/s from Ebang company a new rival for existing producers  (Read 80469 times)
JBLPROL

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:13:22 PM

Just sent a wire transfer for 2 E9 plus
smartass111

Activity: 113
Merit: 21

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:20:04 PM

what is the original price+shipping from manufacturer ?
adrift

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 12:49:29 PM
Last edit: November 24, 2017, 01:29:01 PM by adrift

I've also asked multiple times in skype for root password - no luck too

I saw some posts, if you have some HW problems - they help to solve using teamviewer and putty and enter 8-symbol password
may be someone just need finally start keylogger and ask them for help ? Smiley

It's a very good idea!
Maybe somebody copyed password hash from miner flash? If it's MD5 no problem to crack I can do this so just give me HASH  Smiley

Also I have a question about control web interface of miner over internet, I can control miner only if I run DMZ zone on router but I don't like it coz if I get more miners then how I can control them all ? DMZ can handle only one IP address

I'm tryed to use a different port forwarding on router from 80 to etc but no luck  Sad I can't get on web interface miner but If I run HTTP server on my PC port forward working well without problems.

How you geting to e9 miner from internet?
CassiusV

Activity: 50
Merit: 1

Proud Mary

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:02:48 PM

From where do you suggest i should order? Is eastshore a safe shop?
wavelengthsf

Activity: 658
Merit: 118

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:10:39 PM

Order straight from Ebit. I've bought miners from Eastshore and they've arrived, but it's always better to order straight from the company who makes miners
freegeek

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:16:48 PM

I saw some posts, if you have some HW problems - they help to solve using teamviewer and putty and enter 8-symbol password
may be someone just need finally start keylogger and ask them for help ? Smiley

It's a very good idea!
Maybe somebody copyed password hash from miner flash? If it's MD5 no problem to crack I can do this so just give me HASH  Smiley

Also I have a question about control web interface of miner over internet, I can control miner only if I run DMZ zone on router but I don't like it coz if I get more miners then how I can control them all ? DMZ can handle only one IP address

I'm tryed to use a different port forwarding on router from 80 to etc but no luck  Sad I can't get on web interface miner but If I run HTTP server on my PC port forward working well without problems.

How you geting to e9 miner from internet?

I manage my miners over a vpn tunnel. My miners are hosted in a data center and I put my own router (Ubiquity Edgemax), data center provided a fixed public ipv4 address. I just make an ipsec or ssl vpn to manage them.
freegeek

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:17:18 PM

order directly from Ebang
Spock83

Activity: 17

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:21:21 PM

order directly from Ebang

I contacted them but no answers.
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 05:16:01 PM

I have confirmation from ebangs executives that they have no plans to ever give the SSH password out.

Maybe the keylogger would work lol

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2017, 05:16:42 PM

I have confirmation from ebangs executives that they have no plans to ever give the SSH password out.

That is rather odd. I wonder, why?  Huh

devonlambert

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 05:30:48 PM

I have to say, after trying to order from them a few months ago.... and failing... (Bank Wire address was apparently incorrect?)

THEN trying to order again and reaching out to their sales team.... (response back was "later it's lunch time now")

THEN hearing all of the service/failure complaints on the miner right here on Bitcointalk.

I'd say stay far and away.

We already have one diva manufacturer in the form of Bitmain with maintenance issues/service issues. No reason to add a cheaper quality diva to your list.

The only way I would reconsider Ebang is if they totally changed up their sales/support model to streamline purchasing for clients across the globe (similar to Canaan and their distro model). Other than that, I'm good with the other companies.

adrift

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 07:30:30 PM

That is rather odd. I wonder, why?  Huh

They affraid coz you can clone whole operation system, by the way you can do this even without having SSH password;)
I think whole system run from SD card inside miner.

Anybody know what OS running on ebit e9+ miner???
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 11:26:28 PM

They affraid coz you can clone whole operation system, by the way you can do this even without having SSH password;)
I think whole system run from SD card inside miner.

Anybody know what OS running on ebit e9+ miner???

Cloning a system you cant get into to make changes is pretty pointless.

BTW there is no SD card in the ebit, they have an embedded controller very similar to the S9.

It runs linux, just like all the other miners. Most likely based on BusyBox.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
73blazer

Activity: 111
Merit: 17

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 01:17:59 AM
Last edit: November 25, 2017, 02:46:23 PM by 73blazer

Well, my two arrived today. IP's were all over the board, but wireshark quickly ferrets that crap out, it helps to have a laptop so you can just connect directly to them without changing anything on your network proper.
Mine did not come with power cables, I didn't have 240v supply cables, so I had to find some 14awg ones and cut the end off and buy the plugs to mate to a 240v plug. I suppose if you have a server rack you wouldn't need to do that.
Got them up and mining and they seem to be working great thus far, both of them are doing 9.2th/s or so.
I left my meter at a buddies house I was helping wire his barn, so I don't know what amps/watts they are pulling down.

Yeah, the sales process is a mess. That really needs to get cleaned up, the skype stuff needs to go as an ordering and feedback about your order. But, it does work, if you have the stomach for it.
mabook

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 06:50:29 AM

Has anyone enabled extranonce.subscription for Nicehash?

I've tried "stratum+tcp://sha256.eu.nicehash.com:3334#xnsub" and the miner fails to connect, without the "#xnsub" it connects fine but obviously no xnsub  Cry

Any ideas Huh

If you want to set worker name in nicehash (to get information about breakdown for example), do this without "#xnsub" in address. Just add ".yourworkingname" (dot and name you want) after your nicehash mining address.
danielyap

Activity: 8
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 07:09:27 AM

Would it make sense to leave a pc running in the farm connected to the network just so I can use teamviewer to access the web interface? What do you plan to do with the SSH interface anyways? Sorry I'm new to this so id appreciate any input I can get. Thanks!
wavelengthsf

Activity: 658
Merit: 118

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 05:02:21 PM

I constructed a remote way to change the root password for the E9 +, No Cables, besides a power cable and network cable just plug it in to the network. Once executed just type passwd and change the root login passwd. Attached are my mods to secure your miners and get 12-13 th/s on them.  If you want the tool chain to cross compile your own cgminer use http://www.wiki.xilinx.com/Install+Xilinx+Tools
/opt/Xilinx/SDK/2017.3/gnu/armr5/lin/gcc-arm-none-eabi/bin/
For compiling your own stuff.
www.zedboard.org
Has dev boards that are the same as the controller in the miners.

Did you change the controller on yours, or did you just use something like a bootloader to bypass theirs? I looked at Zedboard and none of their boards have the same pin layout as the eBit I have.

For example, none have a fan port.
HagssFIN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2017, 05:29:49 PM

Whoah, that is like some drug cartel level of threatening.  Huh

smartass111

Activity: 113
Merit: 21

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 08:53:30 PM

For a donation I will show you how to change it and you can login with ssh password and private key work.

Just share the common password?

Or you are just talking about dd image from SD, mount it, and replace root password with own hash or add authorized key?
HagssFIN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2017, 09:08:52 PM

For every other manufacturer mining hardware the common password and ssh password is public knowledge, I don't see why it is so fucking hard with Ebang..  Huh

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: