May 09, 2024, 04:29:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will Bitcoin overcome Paypal?
Yes
No
Maybe

Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin overcome Paypal?  (Read 79545 times)
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1361

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 04:06:33 PM

In some countries PayPal is also banned but in those countries bitcoin is open as it new and PayPal is old. I will give more value to bitcoin over PayPal. PayPal is not so good as bitcoin in many ways. Bitcoin have no fees at all. People can freely shopping online through bitcoin as compared to PayPal even in banned countries. Bitcoin is more better than PayPal.

Yeah. Bitcoin is much more accessible than PayPal to people in countries where the latter is banned. The pioneer cryptocurrency gives freedom to all by eliminating the middleman or the need for a third party to gain control and access to your funds. While comparing Bitcoin and PayPal would be like comparing apples and oranges, they can complement each other by providing the convenience and reliability of fiat currency, while maximizing security and complete ownership of users' funds.

Of course, the benefits provided by Bitcoin, surpass those of PayPal, but I believe that it still has a long way to go before it can reach the level of PayPal or even VISA. Fees within the Bitcoin network are constantly increasing, along with slower transaction throughput. Things like these will greatly limit Bitcoin to become used as an alternative payment system, since centralized solutions like PayPal would gain a major advantage.

Nevertheless, only time will tell whenever both Bitcoin and PayPal could co-exist in the future. Just my opinion Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
weblouartisan

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

Lets Go Adab

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 04:34:18 PM

Do you think that sometime in the future, Bitcoin might overcome Paypal, as it scales in capacity and userbase over the years?

We already have the ability to create our own marketplace with OpenBazaar, that uses Bitcoin as its payment method, so it should be no surprise that the combination of these two may be a fierce competition for both eBay and Paypal.

Nevertheless, feel free to vote on the poll above and express your opinion about it, if desired.  Grin

In my own opinion, Bitcoin will never overcome paypal and why? , Because paypal was created for people to get their payment online and it was being used usually by those people who are freelancers and wants to work at home.

cvcptit

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 04:41:21 PM

Consider the scale and impact it has on the community. Bitcoin is now a lot of government agreed to use => I predict the future it will be the main trading currency
stainedsoot

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:45:51 PM

I think that this is possible because I can see a lot more potentials that Bitcoin can do more than Paypal, especially in terms of investing and gaining profit.
tauceramica

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:58:21 PM

Do you think that sometime in the future, Bitcoin might overcome Paypal, as it scales in capacity and userbase over the years?

We already have the ability to create our own marketplace with OpenBazaar, that uses Bitcoin as its payment method, so it should be no surprise that the combination of these two may be a fierce competition for both eBay and Paypal.

Nevertheless, feel free to vote on the poll above and express your opinion about it, if desired.  Grin

In my own opinion, Bitcoin will never overcome paypal and why? , Because paypal was created for people to get their payment online and it was being used usually by those people who are freelancers and wants to work at home.

Paypal is a centralized company and they work for themselves only. Bitcoin is different, it works in a way for the favor of the community and the users. This is the main difference between them. Bitcoin will be more advantageous over paypal soon.
HalfDeck

Activity: 223
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 09:10:34 PM

Paypal is a centralized company and they work for themselves only. Bitcoin is different, it works in a way for the favor of the community and the users. This is the main difference between them. Bitcoin will be more advantageous over paypal soon.
Although Bitcoin is better than Paypal about the limit to sending money, but do you know any large company use Bitcoin for business? Amazon, Google, Alibaba ... still use Paypal and Credit card for payment, no option for Bitcoin.
cryptojoe

Activity: 353
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 09:13:42 PM

I think it will possibly happen.
lenarichi

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 06:07:19 PM

Perhaps PayPal sees first of all in a new digital financial instrument a direct competitor. It is known that the crypto currency undermines the established standards of financial relations. After all, not for nothing in the minds of many ordinary Bitcoin users is the main currency of Internet payments. And if it is included in the PayPal payment tool it will expand its distribution network, capitalization will grow and the rate will be strengthened. Today it is not completely clear what position PayPal will take with regard to the crypto currency. One thing is clear: Bitcoin will live without this payment system, because it is based on the principle of making payments on the Internet without involving any intermediaries.

Ponzi Shame

Activity: 154
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:31:49 PM

PayPal is a very popular payment system. It is known in many countries of the world. Bitcoin still can not compare with it. These systems are not competitors to each other.
johnlhy251

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:34:00 PM

Yes, it will overcome paypal. we all know that dude.
Iphone7s

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:25:07 AM

Bitcoin is so powerful so bitcoin can overcome the paypal and another in paypal just one wrong move your account can freeze like mine and the good thing about paypal is the security. And in bitcoin you will be anonymous by sending and receiving so the bitcoin can overcome the paypal in all aspect but not in the security so I will go for bitcoin
Icaraswipeout

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:40:58 PM

Nop, don't think so.

'cause if BTC hits a certain popularity, Paypal will integrate BTC payments.

johncruze

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 05:55:46 PM

Its possible because bitcoin certainly has big potential to replace PayPal and it is a lot more better than paypal. However my assumption is that there are 2 things that are preventing this from happening. Firstly this is because of volatile price, price of bitcoin is not stable, many people are not seeing bitcoin as a currency. Shocked instead they treat bitcoin as an investment and nobody can use investment to buy things. Secondly, the block size,  ::)this is making the transactions to pile up, making things a lot slower and increase the amount of fees also by a big deal..!!
Ponzi Shame

Activity: 154
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:41:58 PM

I think bitcoin already surpass paypal with it's faster payment features and anonymous user transactions.
And bitcoin has been added as another payment processor in most online markets if ever you want to buy gadgets, goods and services also many countries has adopted it and start using it more than their fiat currency
Many countries are innovating bitcoin and building atm machines.
Malintha1996

Activity: 205

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:13:19 PM

It is obvious that bitcoin facilitate transactions easily, quickly, and securely.In addition to that bitcoin is decentralized which in terms make bitcoin not manipulated.Also bitcoin has a P2P network makes it special and fast.In comparing with paypal using bitcoin is much more convenient,secure and fast.
Therefore it can be assumed that in future bitcoin will be the payment method over internet. As we hear there are few shops that allow its customers to pay using bitcoin.It is not far the day when bitcoin will be the next paypal.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Adeyemi

Activity: 96

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:18:41 PM

Yes. And no.

Yes in the sense that Bitcoin is fast, secured, and has low transaction fees compared to PayPal. It is also not prone to charge backs. No one likes charge backs. It's one sided.

No in the sense that some people don't trust Bitcoin for some transactions and would prefer to use PayPal so as to secure their money and request for charge backs if need be. These set of people will stick to PayPal even if they can use Bitcoin for their transactions. 
Airdrop Manager

Activity: 73

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:40:08 PM

I have vote yes, and I am thinking that bitcoin has already proven it's worth to the world that it is worthy of their trust and if the collaboration of Bitcoin and Paypal would truly become a reality then I think it will stand still and might be a threat with ebay and some sites that are using paypal on their direct transaction, but i think some competitors are trying to manipulate the matter in stopping the progress of bitcoin.
ZZ8ZZ

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:47:11 PM

Paypal is widely used across the world for different purposes, BUT remember that PP is banned in some countries + there are so many stupid requirements in order to open a paypal account and not get limited ... oh and let's not forget that some people get their accounts closed for no reason, so yeah I definitely think that Bitcoin can overcome Paypal in the long run. With BTC you can't get your account limited for example, so why not overcome Paypal? Smiley
dragoz11

Activity: 420
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:53:04 PM

I do believe that paypal and btc would have make some cooperations and establish a way of payment which would be beneficial for both sides by eliminating the competition.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1361

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:21:46 PM

PayPal is a very popular payment system. It is known in many countries of the world. Bitcoin still can not compare with it. These systems are not competitors to each other.

Yes. PayPal has been recognized among many countries around the world as a solid payments processor. It has the trust from merchants and businesses around the world, compared to Bitcoin. Since with Bitcoin, there is no way to reverse transactions, and it lacks regulation, it is unfriendly in the field of commerce. However, as Bitcoin grows, improves and becomes recognized as a legal currency in many areas of the world, it could become a better alternative for transferring money around the world than PayPal.

Of course, comparing PayPal with Bitcoin would be comparing apples and oranges (as they're distinct in many areas) but both are similar when it comes to sending money around the world. For Bitcoin to be able to stand alongside PayPal, it would need to reduce its fees, and increase transaction capacity to handle all of the world's payments. Just my thoughts Grin

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: