June 22, 2024, 02:14:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will Bitcoin overcome Paypal?
Yes
No
Maybe

Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin overcome Paypal?  (Read 79545 times)
BitcoinMarshal

Activity: 756
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:55:08 PM

Bitcoin is future because its doing some great features for many users from third world and paypal is strictly going with own policies which are not acceptable for many users now many big whales also researching on bitcoin and trying to adopt even its going to take some time but still good surely its going to take overcome paypal in near future which is very good for all of us
Chyton

Activity: 322
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 03:20:52 PM

I think this is entirely possible because bitcoin could become an international currency, so this could be directly competitive with Paypal, so I think Paypal will be a big concern.
This is true, especially when Paypal can hold and freeze somebody else account without a proper reason, merchants maybe attracted to switch to Bitcoin where no one can freeze your money  Grin

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
amberwang120009

Activity: 93
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 03:33:34 PM

Bitcoin can grow and is more popular than paypal, but it never overcome paypal.
cherrymobile

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 03:34:34 PM

It will overcome PayPal, but this will be in the way of how much in $$ transaction value gets moved from point A to point B. If you purely look at PayPal and Bitcoin when it comes to purchasing stuff, doing smaller payments, etc, PayPal will likely keep its dominance in this aspect. Is that a big deal? Not at all. Bitcoin has never been fully utilized in that way by people, so there is nothing to lose here....
laravuemaster

Activity: 378

When Football meets Crypto

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 03:41:51 PM

Do you think that sometime in the future, Bitcoin might overcome Paypal, as it scales in capacity and userbase over the years?

We already have the ability to create our own marketplace with OpenBazaar, that uses Bitcoin as its payment method, so it should be no surprise that the combination of these two may be a fierce competition for both eBay and Paypal.

Nevertheless, feel free to vote on the poll above and express your opinion about it, if desired.  Grin

I believe that paypal will somehow also hold cryptocurrency in the future because bitcoins today is in the mainstream and people who are working online will be payed using cryptocurrencies by paypal so i am hoping that they will implement this kind of transaction soon.

conceivedspoon2

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 03:50:08 PM

As times goes by, Paypal is just supposed to be an E-currency and not adigital currency. Bitcoin and altcoins will soon be the major mode of payment around the world. Cryptocurrencies  is changing the face of businesses around the world. Cyptocurrency may not take over Paypal but will only limit its operation to a particular region.
odakorlina

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 04:46:17 PM

For me, There is nothing to make a comparison between bitcoin and PayPal. Both are necessary depending on the users' needs. PayPal uses there interface to exchange fiat across borders and bitcoin uses it's own digital currency as payment currency and payment interface through exchanges as well. These systems are not competitors to each other.
BitChief

Activity: 126
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 04:50:49 PM

For me, There is nothing to make a comparison between bitcoin and PayPal. Both are necessary depending on the users' needs. PayPal uses there interface to exchange fiat across borders and bitcoin uses it's own digital currency as payment currency and payment interface through exchanges as well. These systems are not competitors to each other.

Yeah if you think about it, Paypal is already a pretty dated system in terms of usability. I can easily see bitcoin or other payments blockchains far surpasing the value of paypal and also the volume of transactions, payments are increasingly natively digital now. 

GoNetWork★☆★ By the Winning Team at ETHWaterloo ★☆★GoNetWork
▬World's Largest Ethereum Hackathon▬ (https://gonetwork.co/)
SchiefelbeinBTC

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 04:51:58 PM

Ohhhh yes, hope in next years it will be possible, its a good idea Cheesy
Jose Mourinho

Activity: 582
Merit: 250

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 04:54:57 PM

If the end of this year bitcoin prices can reach at least $ 100k then I make sure that bitcoin already overcome paypal, everyone today knows about bitcoin but did not dare to invest because think paypal better although actually different.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Jessicamass

Activity: 59

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 04:56:48 PM

bitcoin and paypal have different purposes and goals and because of it we can't compare them.
Bitcoin is decentralized, no government control, anonymity etc. And Paypal is company officially registered in America, and they must follow American laws and financial regulations.

If I have company, I will probably use paypal but if I'm individual user, I will probably use bitcoin.
JillClarissa

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 05:05:41 PM

Do you think that sometime in the future, Bitcoin might overcome Paypal, as it scales in capacity and userbase over the years?

We already have the ability to create our own marketplace with OpenBazaar, that uses Bitcoin as its payment method, so it should be no surprise that the combination of these two may be a fierce competition for both eBay and Paypal.

Nevertheless, feel free to vote on the poll above and express your opinion about it, if desired.  Grin
I think there are already some businesses that support bitcoin, but there are only a few. I think there will be more merchants accepting bitcoin in the future. But I don't think bitcoin can be used as a daily payment. It has many disadvantages that limit it.
Becase

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 05:42:07 PM

I. With the increased cost of bitcoin transactions, more and more people are still going to use paypal for their online transactions and there are only a few online stores that accept bitcoin as payment. They have their own advantages and disadvantages and we must use them to our advantage.
Maryverycool

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 05:48:32 PM

I chose, but I know it's hard. Some stores now accept bitcoin. But now bitcoin has many shortcomings that limit it to becoming a form of payment. Its price is not stable, it is changing at any time. We can't be sure of its value, it's trading very slowly.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 05:50:56 PM

For now it seems paypal is still the primary choice of internet payment, but I'm sure someday or at least 3 years from now bitcoin will be overcome paypal. the main thing that makes paypal still strong is because it is supported by many banks and credit cards.

Exactly. PayPal is still supported by many businesses and banks alike because it's a centralized and regulated payments system where it's possible to revert transactions (if there's a dispute or claim) and transactions settle instantly. Until Bitcoin solves its issues of high transaction fees and slow confirmations, it won't be going anywhere close to PayPal. However, as soon as the Lightning Network becomes active and fees become reduced to a minimum, then I believe that businesses and merchants will use Bitcoin more than PayPal since it gives them more freedom by eliminating the middleman.

If Bitcoin succeeds in this, then we might be able to say goodbye to PayPal in the future. With sidechains and other additions upcoming to the Bitcoin protocol, it would be possible to issue fiat tokens on the BTC blockchain which would serve the same purpose as PayPal. But, as I always say, only time will tell what lies ahead for both PayPal and Bitcoin in the future. Just my thoughts Grin

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
felicita
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1031

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 05:52:27 PM

i just votet for maybee !
becourse the  lightning network can defently beat the paypal payments Cheesy
Lets hope that more and more stores accepts bitcoin .

regards
Sayed Rifat

Activity: 68

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 05:54:58 PM

Of course bitcoin will eclipse paypal, paypal is not even close, we are talking about a currency here not some overrated payment system, bitcoin has the potential to replace some of the most powerful currencies.
crypki21

Activity: 72

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 05:58:41 PM

i have voted yes for this option.
doaremon

Activity: 532

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2018, 08:03:10 PM

I personally think so. Day by day the price of bitcoin is getting down but that doesn't mean that it's fading. In past bitcoin had gone through this. So, instead of worrying just be patient. The price will go high undoubtedly. The investment in Bitcoin is growing day by day. The community of Bitcoin users are also increasing gradually. So I think so Bitcoin will overcome PayPal.

loof99

Activity: 524
Merit: 258

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 06:04:13 AM

I think that there is a possibility that the company of bitcoin will replaced and overcome paypal because the bitcoin performs well; through this the excellence they have raise a big threat in the company of paypal.
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: