Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:42:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to find out a legit ICO?  (Read 22459 times)
aces777

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 04:05:21 PM

Suppose if there are a number of ICOs started for different coins by anonymous developers then how can we find that which one the legit ICO and which one is scam ICO?
A good ICO would be hard to spot now in this sea of ico scams that we are seeing coming out of the market. You have to be willing to turn into some kind of crypto detective to find the good ones. Research, go on their websites, their social media, make sure that they are working on the things that they say they are working on. That is always a good indicator.

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀
swapSwap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto
& NFT in Multiple Chains

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rricksu

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 06:49:54 AM

Suppose if there are a number of ICOs started for different coins by anonymous developers then how can we find that which one the legit ICO and which one is scam ICO?

This is a good question to answer, I think in order to find and filter out which ICO is legit and which ICO is Scam, we should first be knowledgeable about their purpose. First, read their respective whitepapers and try to connect it to their bounty share. If you think their white paper is written in high quality content, believe that it is legit. But I don't assure you that, you can also see, how many members do their telegram group have.

✦ ───    OATHs.io  ─── ✦
▌▐ ────  BLOCKCHAIN DISPUTE RESOLUTION & GOVERNANCE PROTOCOL  ──── ▌▐
lepbagong

Activity: 2282
Merit: 121

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 07:53:16 AM

i read the white paper and check their team but i think the other just check the ratings of their ico.

to read the white paper and see the composition of the team involved is really needed too, but also to see a good team manager sometimes determines a project.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
Sadyshagg

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 08:00:07 AM

Unfortunately, this trend from last year has also led to a strict oversight from regulators which tend to overregulate as their understand how to adequate protect investors from scams and frauds.
Servantes

Activity: 378

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 08:02:54 AM

If the developers are anonymos, so we can not find their background, can not contact them personally, then it is itself a "red flag". ICOs with good intention do not work anonymus IMO.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
stiletos

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 08:04:57 AM

Good day all, I'm a few months old in crypto about 4 months old! I have looked at resources everywhere to find what can help me with my investment in crypto since I was introduced to it and ICOs recently by a friend! He suggested that I should join https://bitcointalk.org and I can get help with ICOs atleast the very reliable ones! Please how do I begin knowing which ICO is legit enough! thanks
Osayo

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2018, 08:08:09 AM

Finding a legit ICO will entail a lot of things. First, you have to read through several ANN thread pages of this forum to get a first knowledge of different upcoming projects, afterwards, you need to research the competency of the ICO team.

▀▀    PUBLISHprotocol    [  WHITELIST  ]    ▀▀
The most viable blockchain based media platform
foxbitcoin

Activity: 593

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 11:35:25 AM

To identify whether an ICO project is a scam, an in-depth investigation of the background of the team members is required.
jpaul

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 10:31:05 AM

The best way for you to find good icos is for you to look into the coins that you are interested  in, make sure that you familiarize yourself with the project and what they are all about. Make sure that you look at the roadmap for the project and the whitepaper for it. Make sure that you know what the money thtat they are raising is going towards, that will help you find out the good ones

oioioi

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 02:52:00 PM

so far I've seen it from the many reviews carried out by trusted ICO appraisers websites, such as https://www.trackico.io, https://topicolist.com, https://icoholder.com, etc. This helps to provide a lot of ICO information from all projects, and helps a little find a good bounty

- CoinAnalyst - UNDERSTANDING CRYPTOCURRENCIES -
-  Maximize your trading profit with the CoinAnalyst A.I. Platform  -
trash321

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 02:56:06 PM

This is indeed very difficult, because today there are practically no projects that would comply with the normal and correct legitimized rules that are issued by the SEC, so there are very few chances, just understand it and remember.
anatolykarpov

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 03:00:17 PM

Get contact with the team and you will figure them out.
Ask them questions and see how they perform.
Before you should study your lessons about their projects technology and etc.
Don't waste their time with already answered and nonsense questions.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 03:12:19 PM

Sad to say but you cannot distinguished whos legit and scams though there are some thread that might help you lessen the chance of being victimized andi can give you some of those topics

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2896030.0

Heres some advices and tips about finding the right one
Fieldcoin
Copper Member

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2018, 03:36:48 PM

One thing to look for is the purpose and long term vision of the token. Some ICOs are opting for a token sale as a fast way to raise capitals but a traditional fund raising with VCs would be much more appropriated for their business model.

Here's 10 characteristics a utility token should have:

https://medium.com/@marc.couzic/make-utility-tokens-great-again-f236b64ee31b
candy69

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 04:06:17 PM

It is not easy to find out the legit ICOs, as the scam ICOs are also using plenty of money for advertisement. They are also promoting their project like the legit ones, but if you research about the project well then you will have good idea about it.
atamism

Activity: 463
Merit: 11

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 04:10:27 PM

There is no guaranteed way to find out is if its a scam. That is why a lot of scammers keeps on doing it. They are ruining the life of many investors and they are ruining the reputation of crypto. If this keeps happening, crypto will lose a lot of active investors and those who are planning to invest on crypto. A lot of people will hesitate to invest on ICO's and will just settle on established coins, the top ranking coins.

LordShanken

Activity: 1112
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 04:13:23 PM

The most important thing - from which everyone should start to verify the ICO project - is to check the developers team.
Everyone should have a LinkedIn profile and a credible history and confirmed experience.
If you think that someone can run a project right after graduation, it's your decision whether you want to trust him.
But if dev team want to stay anonimous it is for me big red flag and righ away i'm out.
bitcoinbuyer

Activity: 143

“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 04:20:50 PM

This forun is able to offer you such information because there are so many discussions. Moreover you can find them or rating sites and so on, I think you will find there necessary information.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
moepaing

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 05:01:26 PM

Internet is full of the information about them. ICOsare so popular that they could be find everythere including this platform and other social sites.
igor.vanyutin.83

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 05:03:57 PM

There are a lot of factors, that you can investigate to find out if an ICO is legit or not. You just need to make a good research, to read the whitepaper, to check the community stats, to look at the projects development level. There are still some diamonds left on this market.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: