Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:29:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to find out a legit ICO?  (Read 22459 times)
chakhigh

Activity: 616
Merit: 10

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 07:56:15 AM

It is not that easy to be %100 sure it is a scam or not. So my advice is to always check the team linkedin profiles plus the product behind any ico. Is this useful or not?!! It the product is good enough even in the preview stage, then it is a good sign. Also don't forget to check the roadmap. Is this realistic road?!! If yea, then, again, it is a good sign. For a sample check the ARROUND ico. This is good and suits the these factors.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GreatArkansas
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1345

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2018, 08:00:05 AM

You need to research the project first, read the whitepaper and identify the team of that project. Because there are many ICO nowadays with fake identities, like the team are fake, they are just stealing some personal identities of real team of some coin or crypto project.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Jdragon6x6

Activity: 247

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 08:04:17 AM

When an ico promises so much and it feels like it is too good to be true then there is a 100% chance that ico is fake and a scam. Don't fall for false promises and fake insurances that guarantees you big profit for that is the most common tactics of scammers. It is better to look for an average looking ico but with an interesting goal.
viananda2525

Activity: 1022
Merit: 120

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 08:08:43 AM

You need to research the project first, read the whitepaper and identify the team of that project. Because there are many ICO nowadays with fake identities, like the team are fake, they are just stealing some personal identities of real team of some coin or crypto project.
we could not confirm the identity of this team was real.except they do kyc too from third party to avoid fake people.whitepaper could be good source for us identify their plan in future.

giacatluong

Activity: 395
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 08:17:33 AM

Suppose if there are a number of ICOs started for different coins by anonymous developers then how can we find that which one the legit ICO and which one is scam ICO?
It is very difficult for us to identify the ICOS Campaign, but it is only possible to see the campaign information on the Whitepaper. The link between the founders and the team is too much. the promise to bring and the amount of tokens held clearly.
Kekkins87

Activity: 144
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 08:41:35 AM

the problem is to find the new coin that can do a big % of price grow...we must look for coins that are not ico or bounty but people are too stupid for this....I regret I did not get bought coins like litecoin,vertcoin or viacoin when they were very very low in 2015...there is a good dose of luck of course, but you must always do your own researches...for example watch Elicoin in livecoinwatch , is not an ICO or bounty... it's a coin with low mc, low supply, PoW whit cpu, no premine, active dev...only trading it on CREX24 for now...do you own researches in the thread in bitcointalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3028302.0... people are too stupid for DYOR and got scammed by ICO or bounty...just my 2 cents...hope it helps...cheers
rhomzkie26

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 09:09:52 AM

Suppose if there are a number of ICOs started for different coins by anonymous developers then how can we find that which one the legit ICO and which one is scam ICO?

First read the whitepaper first, then check the team behind of the project if they are real a not a fake one, also if they are more on hyping the community and bestowing any promises for the people just for the sake the community need to buy the token, that's the time we need to think more than twice and don't easy to believe on the sweet words you are going to hear from them.
simak84

Activity: 616
Merit: 41

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 04:18:15 PM

Personally, I do not even know.
I myself thought about it several times, but then I realized that we can determine the legality of the ISO only if the countries themselves legitimize their appearance.
Otherwise, we will not be able to determine how legitimate they are.
Gurjar King

Activity: 588

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 04:45:35 PM

I think in white paper all details have been described and you can judge about that ICO by researching white paper but I am selecting ICO just like I am investing my hard earn money to right place. For that purpose I check also their social media accounts like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Telegram,Reddit etc. I check How much followers of that project in this social media accounts, more followers mean more people interested in that project so its good. Other point is I check who managing that ICO mean I check about ICO manager's trust level. And last and important think is to check how much experience the developer team.also try some ICO rating site like ICO bench, ICO top. etc.
biletskiy

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 05:20:11 PM

It is necessary to study each company in more detail, analyze their past, and carefully look at their promises. For this, there are forums where people can share their opinions and ask for advice.
SaféTilt

Activity: 174

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 05:25:11 PM

That is hard to find. If you are not a dev understanding a whitepaper is really hard issue. If your language is not native english it can be harder than before. Also you can look their team but maybe they can create fake linkedin profiles and you can not call these guys with their cellphone so in my opinion the best way of that investors. If you can see some legit investors in that ico. At least you can be sure that ico is not scam.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 05:07:16 PM

You should just do a deep research about the project and the team that is developing the project. Read through their whitepaper and check the team's profile. I think that is the only way to check whether an ICO is legitimate or not. If an ICO has an anonymous developer, it all depends on your intuition whether if you will trust what is written on the whitepaper, since there are projects that has an anonymous team, but still successful.

novy

Activity: 728
Merit: 110

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2018, 05:11:26 PM

A lot of research work already done by the venture capital companies, sometimes the best idea is to follow them. these guys don't like to invest in shitty startups.

Gryphet

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 11:48:29 PM

Well, usually legitimate projects have a good team that you can see, and meet in person, as I noticed that there is a project kyc, it helps to determine

(❪  B I T E N N Y  ❫)   Simplify your future
http://bitenny.io/
Jaemouns

Activity: 274

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 09:30:36 AM

Its not so easy to fin legit ICO but you have many basis and reference which the reason to make you guidance on how perfectly you can choose an ICO that its legit.Try also for telegram channel communication and the background of the team.
elite070
Copper Member

Activity: 112

www.codex.one

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 10:10:46 AM

Why would you trust anonymous developers in the first place? It is not really advisable to believe almost everything that we see in the market. Not all are real and many are scam. We should be responsible first in ourself and learn techniques to figure out these scam ICOS.

igor.vanyutin.83

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 10:34:48 AM

I do not take part in ICOs without a real person standing behind the project. A Legit ICO should have a well written whitepaper, real team, experienced developers and in my opinion at least an MVP.
Lwtelencio

Activity: 253

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 10:50:39 AM

It should have a written timeframe and its whitepaper stating their objectives along with their plans of movements. They should be transparent about their records and movements since it builds trust just by doing that. I think its a matter of perspective in how we tackle this thing
chriseasan
Copper Member

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 11:30:26 AM

Read the whitepaper and you will be able to see what ICO is legit and what is not. You do not need to be a crypto expert to see if an ICO is aiming to collect 100M USD, and the whitepaper contains 10 pages, it is a scam.
cichaescut
Copper Member

Activity: 266

SYNCHROBIT

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 11:37:54 AM

Search for an ICOs that have a working product, because I quitted investing in regular projects, that are offering only the idea and nothing else. As the praxis shows, such projects are the least profitable.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: