Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:10:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Difference of Trading and Investing?  (Read 29430 times)
shadelockme

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 01:54:23 PM

As I would see it exchanging and speculation is have differences.Trading is a piece of venture technique that you can acquire cash or Bitcoin. Investing is a strategy that how you profit or Bitcoin in different technique, so you have to hold up to get benefit. while exchanging is you offer sorts of coins on market and you can get benefit in a shorter time than contributing. be that as it may, it relies on upon your technique, to what extent you will spare your cash available and offer it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ktabb

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2017, 01:59:40 PM

Guys sorry for this question above but I would like to ask here that

What is the difference of Trading to Investing?

though I know that I can search it in google but I want an answer from those people who have already experienced this two.
Thank you.

I hope you can help me in my confusion..

I would say that investing involves picking some asset that you want to own for a specified amount of time and holding it until you are ready to exit. Usually this would be done while saving for a major expense like buying a house or paying for your kid's college.

Trading, on the other hand, involves buying and selling assets in an attempt to profit on both changes in value and market fluctuations. This is usually done to earn money rather than to save for something.

You can practice both here! www.demoinvestor.com

roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 03:21:14 PM

When you buy something in hope that it will have greater value in the future, that is investing. Some examples are gold, assets, land or bitcoin.

While trading is a little bit different. You can purchase or sell something for some profit. You can be profitable in trading whether the price is going up or down.
Well explanation..
In terms of purchase goods or assets, your explanation is fine ,on the other hand,  there is a way of thinking about the time period,  if you can take an initiative for getting involved a economic activity for a short time then it's called trading, but when it's related with long term effects then it's called investment.
Trading and investment both are all most equal. What you said it's right only the time period will tell you that you are doing trading or investing. The short time investment is called trading. Here we expect only a few % of margin profit and if we get that we will sell our product. But the investment is not like that we will invest money and we wait or a long time. It will give us huge profit, but it takes long term this is the difference b/w trading and investing.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2017, 05:31:36 AM

I would say that investing involves picking some asset that you want to own for a specified amount of time and holding it until you are ready to exit. Usually this would be done while saving for a major expense like buying a house or paying for your kid's college

And how's that different from trading?

As to me, trading also involves "picking some asset" and waiting until you want to close your position ("ready to exit"). Further, "changes in value and market fluctuations" are essentially the same thing. Market fluctuations is a general term for changes in the price (value) of a specific asset over a certain period of time. Personally, I'm inclined to think that a major difference between investing and trading consists in that with investments you are trying to earn primarily via price change (i.e. looking for a maximum price spread between your entry and exit points) while with trading via volume (i.e. looking for a maximum trading volume with a specific price spread)

Seeker01

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 11:40:05 AM

Theres a big difference on that if you do trading you can make money or loose your money for just an hour on the other side investing is you put your money to something you believe in, you believe on the fundamental of the coins or the company.
matuson

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 12:47:26 PM

My opinion is that trade is less risky business than investments. In trading you can't lose. You will always be a commodity. Investing can leave you with a pile of useless paper on his hands. In any case, the choice is yours. Without risk it is impossible to hit the jackpot.
madwica

Activity: 714
Merit: 531

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 01:34:28 PM

My opinion is that trade is less risky business than investments. In trading you can't lose. You will always be a commodity. Investing can leave you with a pile of useless paper on his hands. In any case, the choice is yours. Without risk it is impossible to hit the jackpot.
Both are risky, and you will get more risk in trading mate, you are not sure to get profit every time you trade that is only based on prediction.
In an investing which is also risky that is why just put money that you can afford to lose and you can lessen the risk like in trading do not focus on one investment just make it multiple by doing that you will have other option is one of your investment will fail.
Nivir

Activity: 868
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 09:44:07 AM

Both are risky, and you will get more risk in trading mate, you are not sure to get profit every time you trade that is only based on prediction.
In an investing which is also risky that is why just put money that you can afford to lose and you can lessen the risk like in trading do not focus on one investment just make it multiple by doing that you will have other option is one of your investment will fail.

Maybe the guy is talking HYIP as a form of investment that he called it risky. For real investments are supposed to be the safest but gives low returns. And never mention HYIP as an investment because it is a scam. A scam that idiots and ignorants call legit when paying and only call it a scam when it run away.
Alvin RS6

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 09:51:45 AM

Investing is basically HOLD
Trading is when you sell high buy back lower.

personally I like to to do both. Mainly hold but trade like 15%
Btc_1856

Activity: 1540
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 10:04:31 AM

Theres a big difference on that if you do trading you can make money or loose your money for just an hour on the other side investing is you put your money to something you believe in, you believe on the fundamental of the coins or the company.

Both of them are very risky my friend I don't find any difference in between them because we have to do a lot of calculation before trading and investing in order to make profits. But in some cases, we may fail to choose the right investment in both the sectors.

FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 10:14:37 AM

Investing is not just all about holding, maybe you are talking about holding bitcoin, into assets until they have a great price when you trade them. But there are investing when you just hand out your money to projects, so we can say that investing is all about patience. Trading is also good, but it is all about your skills and timing.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
ckorbba

Activity: 672
Merit: 144

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 09:20:54 AM

Investing is not just all about holding, maybe you are talking about holding bitcoin, into assets until they have a great price when you trade them. But there are investing when you just hand out your money to projects, so we can say that investing is all about patience. Trading is also good, but it is all about your skills and timing.

It seems to me that investment has a more risky approach than trade. When you trade, you see an online graph of the growth and fall in prices, and at the same time you can regulate your income and expenses. But in the case of an investment, you can decide to get involved in a fraudulent project and then nothing will depend on you.
phr0stbyt3

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 04:04:09 PM

There aren't much difference in terms of risk as both have high risk involved and surely uncertainty of return. If you are getting a guaranteed return for a investment tgen beware you may get scammed otherwise no worries.
In terms of return you can really tell before time.
The major difference is most of the time for investments not much required to do but for trading you need to dedicate your time for getting profit
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 04:24:28 PM

I think that the biggest difference about investing and trading in cryptocurrency world, is that "investing" means that you are going to hold some specific crypto for a period of time, just to get an money from the price increase, or also doing the same thing when doing some different investments with the bitcoins you hold: you can always just have e.g 10 bitcoins for holding purposes, and invest them in the same time in some company! If they will pay you up with some % every week/month/year but just in bitcoin, then you will earn from this interest plus the change in price of the cryptocurrency.

Trading, is more like buying and selling some cryptocurrency in a good moment. If you have some system for that, you will also make money but this is way harder than just holding crypto. You have to make correct decisions every day, and you have to accept the fact that the risk factor plays a really big role in this game.

Smiley
Inkdatar

Activity: 1582
Merit: 523

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 05:54:16 PM

As I can understand those words the difference between trading and investing. Trading involves an action that you working on out to successful while investing that is holding some investment and in an online. In an investing you are waiting to grow your investment.
epitome

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 08:35:12 PM

There is risks involved in either party,even if you invest believing that you could get a good profit,there are stocks and mutual funds where your investment goes down,so wage the difference and thing is there is a risk difference,one has higher risk and the other has minimal risk.
cryp24x

Activity: 1190
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 09:31:16 PM

I think the deciding factor between trading and investment is the timeframe.  Investment can be done in short term, medium term and long term but these terms composed of months to year while trading is simply an act of buy and sell that take advantage of fluctuation may it be in seconds to a day.
Creepings

Activity: 546
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 09:56:42 PM

I think the deciding factor between trading and investment is the timeframe.  Investment can be done in short term, medium term and long term but these terms composed of months to year while trading is simply an act of buy and sell that take advantage of fluctuation may it be in seconds to a day.

That is right, and trading is also hard to do, if you ask me because you must be really updated to what you are doing or trading, you must look closely to prices or might be prices of your assets. In investment, you just make sure the thing or project that you will be investing is safe and not a scam, after that you just need to wait. Trading requires time and skill, also patience.
Cherylstar86

Activity: 1484

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 10:12:06 PM

The difference of these two is you have to always monitor the actual trend of the particular coin you have traded. Unlike investing you just have to wait the profitable income that you expected for your capital to earn whether it's a monthly or weekly series of collections. But not all investments has a good result sometimes it fails and worst, can be a victim of ponzi scheme which been happening to those investors experiencing failures on their worst cases of investments online. Also trading is has a risk because that coin you traded might drop it's demand in the market and you might not handle your emotions well.
szpalata

Activity: 686

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 10:28:25 PM

Investing is actually putting your money or resources into something you hope to profit from in the short, medium or long term whereas trading is a form of hedging a currency or commodity with the hope that the price will increase and you will sell back to make profit. Trading is actually a subset of investment and can be said to be a form of investment.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: