Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:47:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Custom RAM Timings for GPU's with GDDR5 - DOWNLOAD LINKS - UPDATED  (Read 155461 times)
Branko

Activity: 2478
Merit: 318

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 05:29:16 AM

@OhGodAGirl ... OhGodAFork  Shocked  ... update the sgminer, please  Wink .

Wrong thread.

Also, they are working on it already.

Also, i will be putting up for sale an Elpida strap for Cryptonight.

1070h/s on a RX 580 at 1380/1950.
Maybe a bit more of tweaking and testing before that.
Don't become the next Matttev or whatever he's naming himself...I see a lot of potential in you, don't disappoint me with selling timings for peanuts.

Well, if you put up a lot of time in something, and you are good in it... There is no reason not to do it. Plus, its not like i am swimming in money Smiley

I think he suggested that you don't sell it too cheap Smiley

Anyway, isn't cryptonight GPU mining dead already?
ku4eto

Activity: 194
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 06:40:33 AM

Wrong thread.

Don't become the next Matttev or whatever he's naming himself...I see a lot of potential in you, don't disappoint me with selling timings for peanuts.

Well, if you put up a lot of time in something, and you are good in it... There is no reason not to do it. Plus, its not like i am swimming in money Smiley

Heh, it wont be for cheap for sure. There is no public strap that does this good. Also, XMR is changing POW, making the ASICs useless (hopefully) in about 10 days.
Branko

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:47:19 AM

Heh, it wont be for cheap for sure. There is no public strap that does this good. Also, XMR is changing POW, making the ASICs useless (hopefully) in about 10 days.

Lets hope them and other cryptonight coins do something, because this look bad:

https://www.cryptunit.com/
laik2

Activity: 652
Merit: 266

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 10:12:45 AM

Wrong thread.

Lets make a bet, your timings vs mine. If you beat me(I'll give you 100Mhz core headstart) I'll be your first client, else you promise to keep this to yourself( you can always lie but if you are a man of your word - you won't).
Let me know if you agree to this small bet Smiley

Miners Mining Platform [ MMP OS ] - https://app.mmpos.eu/
alizali

Activity: 197
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 10:21:34 AM

i am wondering of people in this topic
if you know something share it with others . here is a Forum.
laik2

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 10:24:06 AM

Why, so people like Matttev and company to bring some shitty web and start selling our mindwork?
Do you know how many countless hours I've spent reading datasheets and dram specs to understand the shit I'm doing?

RaidoP2

Activity: 61

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 10:28:24 AM

Why, so people like Matttev and company to bring some shitty web and start selling our mindwork?
Do you know how many countless hours I've spent reading datasheets and dram specs to understand the shit I'm doing?

If you make your timings public they won't be able to sell inferior timings anymore. And they can't sell your timings if they are available here for free.

I know how time consuming this can be and I have a lot of respect for you. Sharing is caring  Wink
laik2

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 10:29:57 AM

If you make your timings public they won't be able to sell inferior timings anymore. And they can't sell your timings if they are available here for free.

I know how time consuming this can be and I have a lot of respect for you. Sharing is caring  Wink
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1954245.msg19575645#msg19575645 => are you still sure about that?

RaidoP2

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 11:06:23 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1954245.msg19575645#msg19575645 => are you still sure about that?

Well of course they can TRY to sell them but they won't have much buyers if it comes out that the same timings are available for free. It makes me sad that because of greedy people who want to profit others won't be able to use your timings that you put so much hard work into.  Sad
Branko

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 11:08:23 AM

I know how time consuming this can be and I have a lot of respect for you. Sharing is caring  Wink

Not true, about 1y ago I made micron BIOS for RX560 for free (well, asked for donations if people are happy, but out of 800+ downloads,
noone donated, lol), then some minerscott guy came, made 5s second video hashing at 16.1 (my result was 15.5 back then) probably
with zillion memory errors, and scammed some people for 0.3 or 0.8 ETH, I forgot

Then I started selling it for 0.1ETH, but stopped after a while, often not worth the effort if you really want to help people, as I do

Well of course they can TRY to sell them but they won't have much buyers if it comes out that the same timings are available for free. It makes me sad that because of greedy people who want to profit others won't be able to use your timings that you put so much hard work into.  Sad

People that profit from your straps and won't donate anything are almost as bad (greedy) as those that are selling your straps, imho
If you do it for hobby on 1 or 2 cards then OK, but people with ten 13-card rigs donating nothing are greedy, if your strap
basically gives them 1 rig for free
laik2

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 11:15:54 AM

I know how time consuming this can be and I have a lot of respect for you. Sharing is caring  Wink

Not true, about 1y ago I made micron BIOS for RX560 for free (well, asked for donations if people are happy, but out of 800+ downloads,
noone donated, lol), then some minerscott guy came, made 5s second video hashing at 16.1 (my result was 15.5 back then) probably
with zillion memory errors, and scammed some people for 0.3 or 0.8 ETH, I forgot

Then I started selling it for 0.1ETH, but stopped after a while, often not worth the effort if you really want to help people, as I do

Well of course they can TRY to sell them but they won't have much buyers if it comes out that the same timings are available for free. It makes me sad that because of greedy people who want to profit others won't be able to use your timings that you put so much hard work into.  Sad

People that profit from your straps and won't donate anything are almost as bad (greedy) as those that are selling your straps, imho
If you do it for hobby on 1 or 2 cards then OK, but people with ten 13-card rigs donating nothing are greedy, if your strap
You know that 560s are core/bandwidth limited, even with the best timigs you have you cannot exceed hw limit. But...your timings will work perfectly on 570/580 with same micron memory Smiley

Branko

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 11:37:55 AM

You know that 560s are core/bandwidth limited, even with the best timigs you have you cannot exceed hw limit. But...your timings will work perfectly on 570/580 with same micron memory Smiley

That was only thing I could buy here back then....I always wished to buy micron version of Sapphire RX580 Nitro SE,
but not at $700 price tag Smiley

But 16MHs is still good, half the speed for 1/5 of the price
R0land

Activity: 208
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 07:22:20 AM
Last edit: March 29, 2018, 08:12:15 AM by R0land

Most (not you Branko) of the people in this forum want anything for free and they don´t want to "merit" ... they only asking ... they do nothing for the community. I think most of them are only traders with narzism profit thinking.

It realy sucks  Sad .

I also modded some BIOS and post some straps for free ... and I get no donations and no merit ... nothing !

I will also only work for money or merit´s ... payable in advance.
No more straps for free !  Shocked

Save your intellectual property !

I´ll only use https://steemit.com/ for my content. There, I get paid for it. Tongue
doktor83

Activity: 2548
Merit: 626

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2018, 08:27:49 AM
Merited by deadsix (5)

all we get is peanuts. sometimes even no peanuts  Grin

SRBMiner-MULTI thread - HERE
http://www.srbminer.com
deadsix

Activity: 751
Merit: 517

Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 10:42:12 AM

all we get is peanuts. sometimes even no peanuts  Grin

Meriting is a somewhat new feature, and we've been around for a while. I'm meriting everyone who;s posts or tools have helped me in the past. Least I can do.

Ethereum/Zcash/Monero Mining Bangalore https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1703592
RaidoP2

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 11:54:55 AM

Most (not you Branko) of the people in this forum want anything for free and they don´t want to "merit" ... they only asking ... they do nothing for the community. I think most of them are only traders with narzism profit thinking.

It realy sucks  Sad .

I also modded some BIOS and post some straps for free ... and I get no donations and no merit ... nothing !

I´ll only use https://steemit.com/ for my content. There, I get paid for it. Tongue

Most of the people benefiting from your work don't have any merit to share I'm afraid. If I figured out some great timings I would share them for free and I wouldn't expect anything in return, a simple thank you would be enough.

But it is your call, if you expect something in return then you are probably making the right decision to start selling them. Good luck and I hope you succeed.
Branko

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 12:06:48 PM

It realy sucks  Sad .

Most of the people benefiting from your work don't have any merit to share I'm afraid. If I figured out some great timings I would share them for free and I wouldn't expect anything in return, a simple thank you would be enough.

But it is your call, if you expect something in return then you are probably making the right decision to start selling them. Good luck and I hope you succeed.

I'm Communist in my soul just like you, but as long as we live in capitalist world, we'll have to ask something for our work, I'm afraid
Larvitar

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 12:41:04 PM

It realy sucks  Sad .

I agree. It's really awful a great discussion topic with much knowledge being shared (I learned so much in the past pages) be spammed by "wich is the best timings for Samsung memory?" or "fix my timings now". Damn! There is miners that don't want to pay 1 satoshi for the work, and want all ready, beautiful and packed with a pink bow.

laik2

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2018, 12:47:44 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1758267.msg26507719#msg26507719 - this is the world we live in Smiley
Accept it and don't share publically, use your brain to teach the ones that deserve it! I learned it from a 23 year old kid, that we all know Smiley

doktor83

Activity: 2548
Merit: 626

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2018, 12:58:33 PM

i learned a lot of stuff from you guys, so thank you Smiley
Ofc nothing without endless hours of reading and googling, because that's the way it goes, and not begging.

SRBMiner-MULTI thread - HERE
http://www.srbminer.com
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: