Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:59:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... 167 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][UBQ] Ubiq - Smart Contracts For An Automated World  (Read 331589 times)
coolkudos

Activity: 71
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 07:44:43 PM

The DAO philosophical failure and Ethereum network split opened the door to competitors on smart contract blockchains. Ubiq is the strongest: immutable unlike ETH, and with a brand focus away from experimentation and toward corporate professionalism. Once the Ethereum ICO craze breaks and that platform loses trust, Ubiq’s secure network and failure-free track record will present it as a viable smart contract competitor.

Ubiq has an upgraded codebase, newly-designed difficulty algorithm, monetary policy, and several million-dollar projects running as tokens on its chain. Additionally, it was launched in a spirit of fairness with zero ICO or developer premine. Currently valued at less than 0.5% of ETH’s market cap, Ubiq provides a top-tier alternative to ETH at a dramatically cheaper rate.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/10-top-cryptocurrency-investors-share-their-favorite_us_599bb27de4b0521e90cfb4e9

• Ubiq's codebase is severely outdated and the only ubiq dev works for bittrex fulltime.
  • The difficulty algo isnt new they took it from digibyte.
  • The monetary policy is only different because they increased the blocktime to 88 seconds.
  • It didnt need an ico, the devs bought all the jumbucks off of bittrex for virtually nothing and then swapped it to themselves at a 1:10 ratio.
  • It DID have a premine thats how they did the tokenswap they still actually have tokens left over that went unclaimed.

Those are serious accusations. Can the dev team respond?

I can provide sources if you need.

No one here cares that the entire value proposition of UBIQ is bullshit?
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
marcelles

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 09:35:54 AM

Hi there,

Just though i'd post up here regarding our Australian UBIQ pool.

We've been running this for about a month now and it's working well.  More miners are welcome!

http://ubq.cryptomines.network/

0% transaction fees

A coin that we wanted to support down under.
Arvydas77

Activity: 1092
Merit: 504

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2017, 07:07:06 PM

Finally, bought some Ubiq for longterm play.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
coolkudos

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 08:09:07 PM

What excites you about ubiq? Ive tried for a long time to find something exciting and the more I dived into ubiq the more I saw it was all a sham. There is no development going on. No dev team. No anything. Just smoke and mirrors. They are obscenely overvalued.
berron

Activity: 727
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 09:14:56 PM

What excites you about ubiq? Ive tried for a long time to find something exciting and the more I dived into ubiq the more I saw it was all a sham. There is no development going on. No dev team. No anything. Just smoke and mirrors. They are obscenely overvalued.

No dev team?? Iquidus & Jyap, two of the more recognized.

No development going on? I take a look here

and see updated 3 days ago, updated 3 days ago, updated 3 days ago, updated 4 days ago, updated 5 days ago, updated 12 days ago. Remember, in a smart contract based project is not everything to make wallet updates.

Definitely, you haven't dived too much (don't worry, I'm also unable to hold breath for long time Wink )

Salute

Have you tried a real DEX??? But a real DEX like this!!!
coolkudos

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 10:32:49 PM

and see updated 3 days ago, updated 3 days ago, updated 3 days ago, updated 4 days ago, updated 5 days ago, updated 12 days ago. Remember, in a smart contract based project is not everything to make wallet updates.

Definitely, you haven't dived too much (don't worry, I'm also unable to hold breath for long time Wink )

Salute

Ok so UBIQ (a 100m project) has two devs and one has a fulltime job for bittrex. Its not really hard to find replace and rebrand someone elses work which is what every one of those updates you are so proud of are. UBIQ offers absolutely nothing unique. Which makes sense considering UBIQ has no funding unless you count all the premine tokens the dev got on the tokenswap. But hat obviously wasnt enough for the dev because he has to have a full time job. I'm sorry but UBIQ has no future. Its a great pump and dump but thats about it.
ljconstructionpa

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 12:22:20 AM

Salute

Ok so UBIQ (a 100m project) has two devs and one has a fulltime job for bittrex. Its not really hard to find replace and rebrand someone elses work which is what every one of those updates you are so proud of are. UBIQ offers absolutely nothing unique. Which makes sense considering UBIQ has no funding unless you count all the premine tokens the dev got on the tokenswap. But hat obviously wasnt enough for the dev because he has to have a full time job. I'm sorry but UBIQ has no future. Its a great pump and dump but thats about it.

I dont get why you are bashing this project all the time if you dont like it or have a problem then just move on!
coolkudos

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 12:52:35 AM

Salute

I dont get why you are bashing this project all the time if you dont like it or have a problem then just move on!

It wouldnt be so bad if the devs were just honest about their premine. Id probably own some ubiq if they were. It had a premine and they lie about it. If they really think their community is so stupid that they could get away with the "we dont have a premine lie" what else is a lie? Could be anything really.

How many addresses do the 2 devs control out of the original 98 premine addresses?

https://gist.github.com/jyap808/36075838565447a6df86d10e95e6105e
musicwin

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 05:37:20 AM

Salute

It wouldnt be so bad if the devs were just honest about their premine. Id probably own some ubiq if they were. It had a premine and they lie about it. If they really think their community is so stupid that they could get away with the "we dont have a premine lie" what else is a lie? Could be anything really.

How many addresses do the 2 devs control out of the original 98 premine addresses?

https://gist.github.com/jyap808/36075838565447a6df86d10e95e6105e
I've lost so many $ just by listening people like you making FUD everywhere.This time I won't..mining and buying UBIQ every single day.Peace
z0n0
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 07:49:33 AM

Salute

If you don't like it, fuck off (sorry bout the words).
Cheers.
coolkudos

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 01:38:40 PM

It's so sad you guys are so enamored with lies. I provided my sources and your answer is "if you dont like it fuck off". I'm just trying to help you. The devs lied to you and I provided proof. I can only lead a horse to water I cant force it to drink.
KleinerMiner

Activity: 20

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 04:49:53 PM

It's so sad you guys are so enamored with lies. I provided my sources and your answer is "if you dont like it fuck off". I'm just trying to help you. The devs lied to you and I provided proof. I can only lead a horse to water I cant force it to drink.
Hi! I try to be an open minded Person. Thats why i started mining 5 weeks ago because i´m interested in it.

So you -and everyone else- can call me newbie but i know the ethereum hype (i think it was may 17´) is gone. To be honest, i think it was over being efficient when i started but, it was the reason i started thinking about mining from the technical aspect.

And exactly this was the reason why i started mining ubiq from the very first second on instead of ethereum. And for sure i will mine until i got my ubiqs count togehter.

After this... at the very end i ask you what alternative you would suggest mining (with roundabout actual 0.5gh/s @ amd polaris Cards with ~0,2/kw/h). I think lots of people would like to hear this.
What i know right now (dont know if this is correct) that dagger hashimoto and ethash are the most suitable algos for my two rigs.

The Thing is... i fire up google and just get "ubiq, one of the underrated currenciews..." so near everyone else seems to be really positive, regardless the Technology.

B-MoneyXcan

Activity: 633
Merit: 500

B Money Prepaid Mastercard bmoney.io

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 11:39:21 PM

You must have something better to do with your day. Children.. work.. wife.. dog.. addiction
I just jumped on UBIQ today, happy to be here and just so you know... your efforts are a waste of time.. seen one troll.. seen em all.. i use to throw banhammers for a living.
myfranco

Activity: 361
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 02:06:12 PM

The DAO philosophical failure and Ethereum network split opened the door to competitors on smart contract blockchains. Ubiq is the strongest: immutable unlike ETH, and with a brand focus away from experimentation and toward corporate professionalism. Once the Ethereum ICO craze breaks and that platform loses trust, Ubiq’s secure network and failure-free track record will present it as a viable smart contract competitor.

Ubiq has an upgraded codebase, newly-designed difficulty algorithm, monetary policy, and several million-dollar projects running as tokens on its chain. Additionally, it was launched in a spirit of fairness with zero ICO or developer premine. Currently valued at less than 0.5% of ETH’s market cap, Ubiq provides a top-tier alternative to ETH at a dramatically cheaper rate.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/10-top-cryptocurrency-investors-share-their-favorite_us_599bb27de4b0521e90cfb4e9

• Ubiq's codebase is severely outdated and the only ubiq dev works for bittrex fulltime.
  • The monetary policy is only different because they increased the blocktime to 88 seconds.
  • It didnt need an ico, the devs bought all the jumbucks off of bittrex for virtually nothing and then swapped it to themselves at a 1:10 ratio.
  • It DID have a premine thats how they did the tokenswap they still actually have tokens left over that went unclaimed.

Is it the reason why some coins are switching to Waves from Ubiq platform?
kashking

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2017, 04:43:16 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2017, 05:35:19 PM by kashking

No one here cares that the entire value proposition of UBIQ is bullshit?

Gunna clear this all up for the folks who care. This is not a response to coolkudos because he/she is just another member of the recent concerted effort to FUD UBQ based on lies/partial truths that they just don't seem to understand.

This is almost correct, gubiq is on 1.5.12 which is 3 months old now. This is a core value of UBQ to not implement new upgrades unless they are security related, or they have been in-the-wild on Ethereums chain for a long enough period of time to get vetted/tested in a real world system. This is part of the "UBQ is designed to be a stable platform" goal.

If the OP had read the latest quarterly report, they would have seen that upgrades are being made to bring gubiq in line with the latest geth release. This should be done within a month or so if I had to guess, as somewhat recently one of the devs posted the longggg list of merge conflicts which need to be reconciled to complete the upgrade.

Development work is done inside either a development branch or in a private repo, and then changes are merged with the working branch. That's why it can appear as though work isn't being done on the core node software.

The swap from Ethereum's difficulty re-adjustment algo was originally to Digibyte's Digishield algo. This was never hidden, they were given full credit for it. However, during launch week the Digishield algo was having a very difficult time keeping block times consistent with the 88 second block time specification. It was leading to very long or very short blocks, and massive swings in difficulty which were causing problems for the miners and the network overall.

Digishield was modified to include a difficulty retargeting "window" type mechanism. This modified algorithm is called Flux.

• I'll correct my monetary policy critique they added some if/elses based on block height truly revolutionary stuff

I'm happy to see they tried walking their original statement back here. Ethereum uses a constant 5 ETH reward for every block until the end of eternity, or until they switch to PoS. That's fine but it results in a lot of inflation forever. I haven't seen any info on proposed PoS rewards, so they may be addressing this. This isn't a "bad" thing per-se, but UBQ decided to implement a more traditional inflation schedule which is defined up front. So it starts at 8 UBQ per block and reduces down to 1 UBQ per block, lowering by 1 UBQ per block per year. In about 5 months it will reduce from 8 to 7 per block, for example.

The post linked even says this was just a low volume day. It was not uncommon for coins during this time period to have low volume. We were coming out of the tail end of a multi-year bear market almost across the board. Conditions have changed now and volume across the board for legitimate projects has come up nicely.

I guess it depends on people's definitions of "premine". Premine is typically defined as coins which are mined/allocated up-front and given to the developers or to a "foundation" depending on how it's set up. In this case the coins were pre-allocated to users who signed up using a google form and signed a message with their old JBS private keys. These signatures combined with a snapshot of the blockchain were used to pre-allocate coins to users based on how much they held at the time of swap. This is all explained in the nucleus transparency report for those interested in learning more about the process:

https://medium.com/the-ubiq-report/nucleus-transparency-report-6496e444bd85

Also explained in the transparency report, these funds are NOT for the devs. The funds are locked in a multisig wallet and the only transfers made out of that wallet are for folks who find older JBS wallets and submit a new claim for the swap. This was done to prevent users from getting left out of the swap in the event they were hospitalized, on vacation, or otherwise didn't pay attention to or forgot about the swap.

Other stuff:

"...and the only ubiq dev works for bittrex fulltime."

Yep, one of the developers works for Bittrex. I don't see why this is considered a negative. The work they do for Bittrex in no way benefits UBQ, and considering Bittrex is as legally compliant as they are with the SEC and other regulators, would you expect them to allow a conflict of interest to form and expose them to legal liability? If anything it means that one of the Ubiq developers is of high enough caliber that Bittrex deemed them a worthy hire.

There are 2 primary developers who work on UBQ full time. There are 2 other developers who work on other projects related to UBQ (such as the Signum hardware), but these two developers don't get too involved with the wallet software. Then there are other members who help out with community, moderation, public outreach, marketing, etc...

As with any open source software project such as Ubiq, any developer can choose to create issues and/or pull requests and supplement development. There have been multiple, smaller, contributions from community members.

Hopefully that helps to clear it up!

Edit:

Is it the reason why some coins are switching to Waves from Ubiq platform?

What coin(s) are you talking about? Because this sounds like false info to me and I'm pretty well informed about Ubiq overall.

jyap (OP)

Activity: 328
Merit: 525

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2017, 06:55:35 PM

Hi! I try to be an open minded Person. Thats why i started mining 5 weeks ago because i´m interested in it.

So you -and everyone else- can call me newbie but i know the ethereum hype (i think it was may 17´) is gone. To be honest, i think it was over being efficient when i started but, it was the reason i started thinking about mining from the technical aspect.

And exactly this was the reason why i started mining ubiq from the very first second on instead of ethereum. And for sure i will mine until i got my ubiqs count togehter.

After this... at the very end i ask you what alternative you would suggest mining (with roundabout actual 0.5gh/s @ amd polaris Cards with ~0,2/kw/h). I think lots of people would like to hear this.
What i know right now (dont know if this is correct) that dagger hashimoto and ethash are the most suitable algos for my two rigs.

The Thing is... i fire up google and just get "ubiq, one of the underrated currenciews..." so near everyone else seems to be really positive, regardless the Technology.

KleinerMiner welcome to the community and thanks for your support.

Don't listen to the haters. Unfortunately a lot of trolls in crypto who like to spread FUD on the work we do and what we have accomplished.

Ubiq logo t-shirts

You can now get a Ubiq logo shirt at @cryptograffiti. 10% off with code "UBIQ" for this week storewide!

https://cryptograffiti.com/collections/frontpage/products/short-sleeve-mens-t-shirt?variant=52917429767

They have also mentioned they will "consider" doing a custom shirt for us too  Wink

lukasrich

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 03:13:52 PM

I see some haters/fake users accounts to make bad comments about UBQ, to make the price going down, then they collect UBQ as much as they can. They are whale.
If they don't cafe, they won't come here to talk.
Fk off, haters. Cheesy Wink Cool
pthrmsor

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 05:20:50 PM

I see some haters/fake users accounts to make bad comments about UBQ, to make the price going down, then they collect UBQ as much as they can. They are whale.
If they don't cafe, they won't come here to talk.
Fk off, haters. Cheesy Wink Cool

agreed. holding for future.
Linightz

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 08:15:20 AM

Anyone here also worrying about ubiqpool.io exceeds 51% hashrate?
RobRoy

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 08:26:28 AM

http://ubiq.coinminer.space/
Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... 167 »
  Print  

Jump to: