Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:53:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Unofficial] Exodus Wallet | Multi-Currency | Built-in Exchange  (Read 28281 times)
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 3389

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 12:48:22 PM

A new version (1.51.2) has been released couple of days ago. Everyone should upgrade immediately as It contain security fixes and upgrades.
Just finished updating it (I skipped two versions) and now, I can no longer exchange any of the assets due to this error: "Unavailable in your jurisdiction" (I do know this is related to ShapeShift itself) but wanted to ask from "Michalis (mifra)" or anyone with the knowledge, will there be an alternative or a 2nd option for exchanges on Exodus?

Direct SS link: https://imgur.com/a/47LSqdH

- I tried using Exodus with a VPN and got that error for few assets (only) but I didn't risk (exchanging).
- When visiting ShapeShift's website, it redirects to the following page > http://pleaseprotectconsumers.org/ > Scroll down a bit, to see the censored jurisdictions:
  • State of New York
  • State of Washington
  • North Korea

I'm not residing on any of those locations, so I have a feeling it's outdated.
- I already read the following two pages but didn't find its complete list:

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 6083

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 01:39:32 PM

I have reported this to the staff, Michalis will assist you here as soon as posssible.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
mifra

Activity: 8
Merit: 7

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 02:56:06 PM
Merited by SFR10 (1)

Hey SRF10.

Sorry for the trouble you're having here.

I gather that you know that this unavailability is due to the recent regulations passed in the US regarding assets deemed as securities, correct? ShapeShift decided to no longer provide these assets for exchange in the US, in order to comply to these new regulations, and as a result these assets are unavailable for exchange from within Exodus.

A byproduct of this was that residents in the states of NY and Washington, could no longer exchange any of the assets because ShapeShift doesn't operate in these states for the reasons that you read in: http://pleaseprotectconsumers.org/
These regulations have been in effect for some time, but with the system put in place now to provide different experience for different jurisdictions, this came into effect as well.

Now, the experience you describe fully matches someone residing in those states, since we are unaware of any such restrictions being in effect in other areas. Of course, I'm not suggesting that you don't know where you live Smiley, but since you're using a VPN perhaps you were connecting to a server located in one of those states? Because as soon as you connected to another server, only EOS, EDG and BAT showed as "Unavailable in your jurisdiction", correct? That's also normal for all US locations, as these three assets cannot be exchanged from within the US, at least from within Exodus that is.

If that doesn't sound right, then further investigation is needed and in that case I suggest that you contact us at: support (@) exodus.io. There we'll be able to look into the matter with more detail and find the solution.

And to answer your initial question:
will there be an alternative or a 2nd option for exchanges on Exodus?
we are looking into ways to make these assets available again for all our customers. But at this time I can't say when, or if, something like this might be possible.

I hope this helps.

Michalis

SFR10
Legendary

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 05:02:02 PM
Last edit: May 18, 2018, 02:20:34 PM by SFR10

I have reported this to the staff, Michalis will assist you here as soon as posssible.
Thank you.

Sorry for the trouble you're having here.
It's fine, don't be (it's related to ShapeShift, either as a rule or a mistake). Thank you for your prompt response.

I gather that you know that this unavailability is due to the recent regulations passed in the US regarding assets deemed as securities, correct?
Yes, I do know.

Now, the experience you describe fully matches someone residing in those states, since we are unaware of any such restrictions being in effect in other areas.
Exactly, that's my issue since I'm not from those states.

Of course, I'm not suggesting that you don't know where you live Smiley, but since you're using a VPN perhaps you were connecting to a server located in one of those states? Because as soon as you connected to another server, only EOS, EDG and BAT showed as "Unavailable in your jurisdiction", correct? That's also normal for all US locations, as these three assets cannot be exchanged from within the US, at least from within Exodus that is.
At first, I didn't use a VPN (the screenshot with the error for all of the assets) then when I used a US server (to see if I can bypass those restrictions), I only got the error for those three assets.

If that doesn't sound right, then further investigation is needed and in that case I suggest that you contact us at: support (@) exodus.io. There we'll be able to look into the matter with more detail and find the solution.
Will do (shortly).

we are looking into ways to make these assets available again for all our customers. But at this time I can't say when, or if, something like this might be possible.
Thank you, looking forward to it...

Update:
~Snipped~
Thank you Michalis for the speedy update, I appreciate it Smiley

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
mifra

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 02:06:09 PM
Merited by SFR10 (1)

Hello again SFR10.

I saw that you contacted us and talked with Philip.

Philip will get back to you as well through email, but I wanted to let you know that we have confirmed that the exchange feature is completely unavailable in Iran, as there is a geo-restriction imposed by ShapeShift. The reason is that ShapeShift operates in the US and as such they need to follow the trade sanctions imposed by the US on Iran.

I'm sorry that we can't provide you with the exchange feature at this time. I can only hope that this will change in the future.

All the best,
Michalis
Red Fish

Activity: 435
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 02:39:22 PM

May be it is possible to make it on USB, so you can take your wallet with you. Today wallet safety is very important point due to various computer viruses, malware etc.  Grin
mifra

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 02:57:15 PM
Merited by care2yak (1)

May be it is possible to make it on USB, so you can take your wallet with you. Today wallet safety is very important point due to various computer viruses, malware etc.  Grin

Hello Red Fish.

Thanks for that question.

It is not possible to install Exodus on a USB. Exodus needs to be installed on your computer. But even if you could, that wouldn't offer any protection I'm afraid. If your computer was infected with malware, let's say one that can read your memory, then as soon as you connected the USB and opened Exodus, your Private Keys would be loaded in memory and they would be compromised.

But if you're worried what happens when Exodus is closed, let me put your mind at ease by saying that if you have done the backup process and used a strong password then your Private Keys are encrypted and that encryption is virtually impossible to break. In fact it would require Terrabytes of RAM to pull off such a feat, and even then it's not certain.

So, the best way to keep your funds safe when using a software wallet, is to keep you computer clean and never share your private information with anybody! And, of course, there's always the solution of hardware wallets where the Private Keys never come in contact with the outside world and that's why they're considered the safest method of storage. It's what we suggest for large amounts of money.

Let me share a few articles with information on the matter:
https://support.exodus.io/article/145-safety-and-security-tips
https://support.exodus.io/article/45-can-exodus-safely-store-large-amounts
https://medium.com/exodus-movement/the-dos-and-don-ts-of-12-word-phrases-and-private-keys-89f6c800eaec
https://medium.com/exodus-movement/addressing-vulnerabilities-with-software-based-wallets-1cc9ff77bf44

I hope this helps!

Michalis
mifra

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 04:10:52 PM

PSA: PLEASE REGISTER YOUR EOS ADDRESS NOW, if you haven't already!

On June 1st, the EOS smart contract will freeze all EOS ERC-20 tokens. You need to register your EOS address in order to receive the same number of coins on the EOS Mainnet!

Please see our easy tutorial to learn how to register your EOS tokens in Exodus:
https://support.exodus.io/article/690-how-do-i-register-my-eos-address-inside-exodus

And here is our FAQ for everything EOS-Mainnet-Swap-related:
https://support.exodus.io/article/729-what-happens-if-i-dont-register-my-eos-address-before-june-1st

If you have your EOS ERC20 tokens in any other wallets besides Exodus, please learn how to register them there, OR move the tokens into your registered Exodus address before June 1st.

For more information on the EOS registration and the transition from an ERC-20 token to Mainnet please read our blog post:
https://medium.com/exodus-movement/time-is-running-out-why-you-need-to-register-your-eos-address-right-now-73907bcaa217
We'll keep updating this post with the latest information until June 1st, so keep checking back.

Once again: As far as we are aware, on June 1st the EOS ERC-20 tokens will be frozen and made practically worthless. Keep them in a registered address in order to receive the same amount of Mainnet coins, otherwise you will most likely lose your investment!
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 11:55:37 AM

1.52.0v is out, the changelog:

• Improved QR code scanner.
  • Improved networking code to save on bandwith when the wallet is open for long periods of time.
  • Zcash is now enabled by default.
  • Upgraded to Electron v1.8.6 - If you know what this smarty-pants-javascript-stuff means take a look at our developer careers and get in touch!

In-Depth release notes: https://medium.com/exodus-movement/exodus-1-52-0-in-the-eye-of-the-storm-b36e4d674ffa

The next release should be available on 7th June.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 07:21:24 AM

1.53.0v got released a few hours ago, the changelog:

• Updated the Bitcoin Cash claim function to prefill the new q address.
  • Exodus warns if you accidentally try to send Bitcoin Cash to a Bitcoin address.
  • Dash has a fancy new logo in your wallet!
  • Fixed a scrolling bug that would cause blank pages on certain configurations and screen sizes.
  • Added a one-click EOS registration check.

The next release is to come on 21th June.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 3551

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2018, 09:26:21 AM

Are there any restrictions on using ShapeShift in the United Arab Emirates? "Unavailable in your jurisdiction."
I suffered from this error last week "lasted for two days" but now it has five days. [I have not tried using any VPN yet]

By the way, why there are a lot of updates recently?, I almost update the program every two weeks, it's better to make it at least once/month

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
SFR10
Legendary

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2018, 10:24:22 AM

Are there any restrictions on using ShapeShift in the United Arab Emirates? "Unavailable in your jurisdiction."
I suffered from this error last week "lasted for two days" but now it has five days. [I have not tried using any VPN yet]
Since we're both from the same region, then most likely "this applies to you as well" (read from few post above it).
- Using a VPN, solves the issue (for US servers, few are still restricted) but since ShapeShift saves your initial IP, then I suggest to look for an alternative way (for exchanging your assets).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 07:23:41 AM

1.54.0 and 1.54.1 (minor changes) has been released a few days ago, the changelog:

• Version 1.54.0, in-depth, extended release notes are posted on our Medium blog.
  • A number of small app design updates including icon and button styles plus a new theme.
  • Updated portfolio layout with additional info showing price, market cap and volume.
  • Mithril has been added to the wallet section. You can enable the asset by visiting Settings > Assets.
  • Fixed a bug for users who upgraded to the latest version from a previous version with legacy Dogecoin transactions.
  • Fixed a rare edge case display issue showing a blank screen in the exchange section. (1.54.1)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 11:11:01 AM

1.55.0 is out. If you're interested in details, check this: https://medium.com/exodus-movement/exodus-1-55-0-exchange-for-bnb-portfolio-tracking-4b669b68a871

• New design on the portfolio donut chart. This new design gives a bit of space between assets to visually separate holding that maybe similar in color.
  • New analytics stats on your portfolio shows information about your highest balance + best/least performing assets along with overall 24H portfolio change.
  • Clicking on a section of your portfolio donut scrolls to the selected asset to show more information.
  • New portfolio over time view shows historical balance information about your overall holdings.
  • New "More" button at the bottom of your portfolio page takes you to the settings page to add more assets.
  • Few small design and sizing updates to the wallet section for better visibility.
  • Binance (BNB) is now active in the exchange section!.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
wwfjdraw

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 07:14:53 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4639935.new#new

Dear reliable and helpful Exo Staff please explain how I can use the exchange as I am not allowed since I live in WA STATE USA, your wallet says I can't due to my jurisdiction even though every other exchange I have ever used does not prejudice me, also how does the wallet know my jurisdiction location and how can I update/change it?

Thank you EXo Staff, please and thank you.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4639935.new#new

PS as earlier asked but never answered "Is it possible to use the newest version of EXODUS to store everything on a windows thumb drive?

I need a good multi-coin thumb drive wallet for my windows."

PSS is there any donate addresses to give a little back as a gratuity to the answer people in this forum? I'd happily pay before I even get the answer to my questions to anyone who has a high post rating and who has the answers I am looking for and who doesn't mind sharing their receive address. Hey check it out I can this way use EW to send for the first time since having it too.
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:07:52 PM

I have sent your question to the staff using Slack, I didn't receive a response but they're usually very active there so expect an answer in the next few hours.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
wwfjdraw

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 09:11:16 PM

I have sent your question to the staff using Slack, I didn't receive a response but they're usually very active there so expect an answer in the next few hours.

God Bless You.
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 02:09:32 PM

I got an answer from a team member who doesn't have an account in the forums so here you go

ShapeShift has made the decision to block exchanges in Washington and New York due to the invasive laws in those states. The prohibitive regulations in WA and NY would require ShapeShift to collect, store, and track information on their customers. This violates their, and our, principles on respecting consumer privacy - and as such they have stopped exchanges in those states. Some of our customers have chosen to use VPNs to access the exchange through different IP addresses - but we recommend they read up on the laws of VPN usage in their jurisdiction before going this route. If they want to learn a bit more about these strict regulations, they can check out these two sites:

http://pleaseprotectconsumers.org/ (This also lists the government officials to contact about these regulations, so residents can express their dissatisfaction with these invasive rules)

https://info.shapeshift.io/blog/2018/04/02/shapeshift-services-change-based-customers%E2%80%99-jurisdiction (This is ShapeShift's blog post on the subject) (edited)

Regarding thumb drive wallet - Exodus is not compatible with being stored on a thumb drive. We thought about adding this functionality but decided against it as we are worried people would use it instead of a hardware wallet/we don't want to see anyone plug their wallet drive into an infected computer. We definitely recommend investing in a proper hardware wallet to anyone that wants to store their assets on a thumb drive.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
wwfjdraw

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 09:16:15 PM

I got an answer from a team member who doesn't have an account in the forums so here you go

ShapeShift has made the decision to block exchanges in Washington and New York due to the invasive laws in those states. The prohibitive regulations in WA and NY would require ShapeShift to collect, store, and track information on their customers. This violates their, and our, principles on respecting consumer privacy - and as such they have stopped exchanges in those states. Some of our customers have chosen to use VPNs to access the exchange through different IP addresses - but we recommend they read up on the laws of VPN usage in their jurisdiction before going this route. If they want to learn a bit more about these strict regulations, they can check out these two sites:

http://pleaseprotectconsumers.org/ (This also lists the government officials to contact about these regulations, so residents can express their dissatisfaction with these invasive rules)

https://info.shapeshift.io/blog/2018/04/02/shapeshift-services-change-based-customers%E2%80%99-jurisdiction (This is ShapeShift's blog post on the subject) (edited)

Regarding thumb drive wallet - Exodus is not compatible with being stored on a thumb drive. We thought about adding this functionality but decided against it as we are worried people would use it instead of a hardware wallet/we don't want to see anyone plug their wallet drive into an infected computer. We definitely recommend investing in a proper hardware wallet to anyone that wants to store their assets on a thumb drive.

That'll do.

Thank you, please send me the address to compensate you and your sources for your time, I prefer paying in BTC or Doge.
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 09:02:58 AM

That'll do.

Thank you, please send me the address to compensate you and your sources for your time, I prefer paying in BTC or Doge.

I appreciate it but that won't be necessary, I didn't do much. I doubt the Exodus team accepts donations but I'll ask them If you want to.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: