Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 07:26:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 ... 196 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][$MUSIC] Musicoin Blockchain Upgrades to V3.0(“Quantitative Tightening 🎸  (Read 287533 times)
Seuss27

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 01:04:28 PM

https://s1.postimg.org/3bs6co41y7/UBI.png

Who will buy all the $MUSIC? Tippers?

This would be funnier if it wasn't true.  This model as it stands is broken.  There is no incentive for anyone to ever buy any $MUSIC.  This is unfortunate because I think that the digital pay-per-play model enforced by smart contracts is a wonderful fit for crypto but the economics of this thing aren't balanced right.  

When you pull the UBI money straight from mining you break the incentive loop for the listener to fund an account.

A better play would be to partner with existing music providers to build the pay-per-play or personal right-to-use model into existing music platforms.  (Easy to type on a forum, hard to execute IRL....).  In this model people would buy the currency to use to pay for the rights to play the music on the platforms, but now the platforms all need a piece of the pie as well.

Ah well, enough of my ignorant rambling...can anyone explain how this model does anything but loose steam after deployment?

Seuss

Mining won't be feasible for ever, and in fact, not for much longer. It's going to be hit by the ETH ice age difficulty coming up end of year. People seem to forget mining for this coin will be done shortly so new supply will not be a thing.

The ice age doesn't help with the way this model is laid out.  When people stop mining the UBI pool stops getting funded which means that the free money for the artists stops rolling in.  Scarcity may drive the price up but in essence we are right back where we were before UBI except now there is less mining and there is *STILL* no incentive to buy the coin.

Don't get me wrong, I am accumulating this coin and I hope to see widespread adoption and success, I just don't quite grok the economics of it yet...

-Seuss

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
orchardcoins

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2017, 01:12:26 PM

are there metrics we can see to track how often people are tipping or how much musicians are making?

OrchardCoins MUSICOIN Mining Pool: CLICK HERE
Chatroom Support: Discord
Mining Rig Monitor: Download Here
mbdmbn

Activity: 146
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:19:35 PM

This would be funnier if it wasn't true.  This model as it stands is broken.  There is no incentive for anyone to ever buy any $MUSIC.  This is unfortunate because I think that the digital pay-per-play model enforced by smart contracts is a wonderful fit for crypto but the economics of this thing aren't balanced right.  

When you pull the UBI money straight from mining you break the incentive loop for the listener to fund an account.

A better play would be to partner with existing music providers to build the pay-per-play or personal right-to-use model into existing music platforms.  (Easy to type on a forum, hard to execute IRL....).  In this model people would buy the currency to use to pay for the rights to play the music on the platforms, but now the platforms all need a piece of the pie as well.

Ah well, enough of my ignorant rambling...can anyone explain how this model does anything but loose steam after deployment?

Seuss

Mining won't be feasible for ever, and in fact, not for much longer. It's going to be hit by the ETH ice age difficulty coming up end of year. People seem to forget mining for this coin will be done shortly so new supply will not be a thing.

The ice age doesn't help with the way this model is laid out.  When people stop mining the UBI pool stops getting funded which means that the free money for the artists stops rolling in.  Scarcity may drive the price up but in essence we are right back where we were before UBI except now there is less mining and there is *STILL* no incentive to buy the coin.

Don't get me wrong, I am accumulating this coin and I hope to see widespread adoption and success, I just don't quite grok the economics of it yet...

-Seuss

It's all laid out here https://www.reddit.com/r/musicoin/comments/6ysbaw/latest_community_address_upcoming_ubi_model_and/ and here https://www.reddit.com/r/musicoin/comments/6y45sw/upcoming_releases_for_month_of_sept_oct_2017/

What I don't understand is why you're accumulating this coin if you don't understand the economics of the coin you're accumulating.

At the very least you're contradicting yourself, and at worst, you're fudding the coin you're invested in. Not very economical logic coming from you!
Seuss27

Activity: 18

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 03:57:56 PM

https://s1.postimg.org/3bs6co41y7/UBI.png

Seuss

-Seuss

It's all laid out here https://www.reddit.com/r/musicoin/comments/6ysbaw/latest_community_address_upcoming_ubi_model_and/ and here https://www.reddit.com/r/musicoin/comments/6y45sw/upcoming_releases_for_month_of_sept_oct_2017/

What I don't understand is why you're accumulating this coin if you don't understand the economics of the coin you're accumulating.

At the very least you're contradicting yourself, and at worst, you're fudding the coin you're invested in. Not very economical logic coming from you!

The FUD was my own, looking for some relief, and your links are somewhat helpful in clarifying some of the points.

I am a miner with a small operation.  Musicoin is one of the coins that fits the target profile for my setup.  When I say I am accumulating, that is the vector I am taking.  The questions were posed to try and firm up my understanding of the project and help me make the determination as to stick with this coin or move on to something else.

If I were trading fiat for coin straight up I certainly would have done far more due diligence before investing, with mining I tend to have a larger risk appetite.   

Thanks again for the links. 
mbdmbn

Activity: 146

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 01:04:51 AM
Last edit: October 05, 2017, 01:25:11 AM by mbdmbn

Seuss

The ice age doesn't help with the way this model is laid out.  When people stop mining the UBI pool stops getting funded which means that the free money for the artists stops rolling in.  Scarcity may drive the price up but in essence we are right back where we were before UBI except now there is less mining and there is *STILL* no incentive to buy the coin.

-Seuss

The FUD was my own, looking for some relief, and your links are somewhat helpful in clarifying some of the points.

I am a miner with a small operation.  Musicoin is one of the coins that fits the target profile for my setup.  When I say I am accumulating, that is the vector I am taking.  The questions were posed to try and firm up my understanding of the project and help me make the determination as to stick with this coin or move on to something else.

If I were trading fiat for coin straight up I certainly would have done far more due diligence before investing, with mining I tend to have a larger risk appetite.  

Thanks again for the links.  

No problem! Glad I could help and best of luck with your mining.

Keep mining this coin, it has a great future!

Great projects take time and careful planning, and they also listen to their userbase, which is exactly what you see with this project.

Try not to get emotionally involved and dump everything you have, it's very early days yet and people fudding this coin are only looking to take up your position.

I expect by 2020 this coin will be worth a considerably lot more than it's currently trading at now, so right now is a great time to be mining and buying as much as you can.
Khechum

Activity: 13

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 11:14:13 AM

music need new wallet in smartphone !!! and i love to see that !!!
Zakhal

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

I love crypto

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 10:24:23 PM

What is proof-of-sharing? I get stake if I share my coins with musicians? Tongue Hmm, maybe I need to mine some more..
Furthermore, even more exciting things to come after the difficulty bomb is our new concept of Proof-of-Sharing which will happen during this time of next year, that will require a separate thread of its own. Until then, the musicoin team has a lot at hand and will try our best to get our communication across all social media channels. We always welcome anyone who would love to reach out to us and represent our team by being a project advisory member, or an ambassador.
reffi

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 12:46:15 PM

So in 2 day there is huge update and hard fork??
Is it safe to keep my music coins on bittrex during that update? Huh
ntrader

Activity: 264
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2017, 06:15:25 PM

Yes, its safe
Arvydas77

Activity: 1092
Merit: 504

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2017, 06:25:29 PM

Musicoin is the best blockchain based project working with music industry. They aren't trying to create fake hype and pump price but doing things that will pay you in long term. Supply is nothing if this thing gets big.  

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
funtek

Activity: 76

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 06:53:49 PM

My musicoins are in Bittrex. Do I have to do something before the hardfolk guys?
Thank you for your answer

Your coins will be safe on bittrex, no effect whatsoever.

are there metrics we can see to track how often people are tipping or how much musicians are making?

Yep. We'll be releasing info based on that.

music need new wallet in smartphone !!! and i love to see that !!!

Be patient, young grasshopper Wink
Khechum

Activity: 13

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 02:33:49 PM

UBI is coming ! but nothing change for price Sad
reffi

Activity: 770

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 06:46:49 PM

3 more days to go for big update!!!
time to grab a bag and HODL!!!
vonuke

Activity: 196

I'm on the moon

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 09:26:50 PM

3 more days to go for big update!!!
time to grab a bag and HODL!!!
which update???8.986.872 musicoins and HODL...
ConvertThisFile

Activity: 64

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 02:46:46 AM

I'm loving this price dip before the ubi. Just accumulated over 1 million music so far. Thanks to all the panic sellers this is going to work out well!
funtek

Activity: 76

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 05:55:47 AM

Important: Please Upgrade Your Wallet Before UBI

With UBI update just around the corner, we have noticed there are a few of you who haven't upgrade to the latest version yet. If you haven't, please make sure you do so at the links provided below, otherwise your coins will be lost the next time you make a transaction. UBI will start at block 1,200,000.

Link 1: https://github.com/Musicoin/desktop/releases/tag/v0.7.0 

Link 2: https://github.com/Musicoin/go-musicoin/releases/tag/v2.0.0
MegaHustlr

Activity: 601

Vote 4fryn :)

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 05:25:04 PM

Important: Please Upgrade Your Wallet Before UBI

With UBI update just around the corner, we have noticed there are a few of you who haven't upgrade to the latest version yet. If you haven't, please make sure you do so at the links provided below, otherwise your coins will be lost the next time you make a transaction. UBI will start at block 1,200,000.

Link 1: https://github.com/Musicoin/desktop/releases/tag/v0.7.0  

Link 2: https://github.com/Musicoin/go-musicoin/releases/tag/v2.0.0

Link 3: https://github.com/paritytech/parity/pull/6621 :-)

Currently Parity only works with latest master built from source. But 1.8.0 should include UBI hardfork in the binaries once released.

▄  ▀▄▄   ▀▄▄ ▀▄ ▀▄
             ▀█▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████ ▄
         ▀████▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀███▄
 ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▀      ██▀▀     ▄██▀▀▀   █     ██
██    ▀█  ▄█▀▀▀▄  ▀█   ▄█▀   ▄▄▄ ▀██  █▀▀▄▀▄

▀▀▀   ▐█ █▌    ▐▌  █  ▐█ ▄█▀▀   █ █  ▄▀ ▄█ ▌
      ▐▌ ▀█ ▄▀▄█  █▀  █  █      ▐▌ █▀ █    ▀▄
      █     ▄█▀  ▀▀▀▀▄█  ▀█▄▄▀ ▄▀  █▄ █  ██ ▐▌
     █   ▄███▄▄███▄▄▄▄       ▄█▄▄▄▄ █▄    ▀  █ ▄
   ▄█▀▀▀▀     █▀      █   ▄█▀▀███    ▀▀▄▄   ▄██
  ▐█         ▐▌       ▐▌▄▀     ██        ▀███ ▐█
  █           ▀▄      ▐█▀       ▀█           ▀▀
  █▄           ██     ██         ██▄
   █▀            ▀     ▀          ▀█▀

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
   ▐████
   ▐████
████████████
████████████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████

▄██▄▄                ▄▄██▄
  ████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄████████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████████▌
█████▀                  ▀█████▌
████    ███▄      ▄███    ████▌
████   ▐████      ████▌   ████
 ███    ▀██▀      ▀██▀    ███▀
  ▀██▄                  ▄██▀
    ▀▀██████████████████▀▀

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████    
 ▀▀   █████     ██████████
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
tf2addict

Activity: 675

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 05:53:34 PM

Why is the price still dropping if UBI is going to moon it?
igotfits

Activity: 298

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 01:08:56 AM

Why is the price still dropping if UBI is going to moon it?

moon will probably be a few cents, hashing power jumped from 750 GH/s to 1.2 TH/s lastnight.
Pesuvati

Activity: 25

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 04:21:40 AM

I´m just about the give up on this coin, Price will never go up...  Cry
Pages: « 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 ... 196 »
  Print  

Jump to: