April 27, 2024, 03:47:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 27887 27888 27889 27890 27891 27892 27893 27894 27895 27896 27897 27898 27899 27900 27901 27902 27903 27904 27905 27906 27907 27908 27909 27910 27911 27912 27913 27914 27915 27916 27917 27918 27919 27920 27921 27922 27923 27924 27925 27926 27927 27928 27929 27930 27931 27932 27933 27934 27935 27936 [27937] 27938 27939 27940 27941 27942 27943 27944 27945 27946 27947 27948 27949 27950 27951 27952 27953 27954 27955 27956 27957 27958 27959 27960 27961 27962 27963 27964 27965 27966 27967 27968 27969 27970 27971 27972 27973 27974 27975 27976 27977 27978 27979 27980 27981 27982 27983 27984 27985 27986 27987 ... 33304 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368464 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
somac.
Legendary

Activity: 2049
Merit: 1184

Never selling

View Profile
January 27, 2021, 02:10:23 AM
Merited by El duderino_ (2)

Honestly, it would be better than having something jammed up your nose into your brain. That can't be pleasent.
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 2895

View Profile
January 27, 2021, 02:25:50 AM

Honestly, it would be better than having something jammed up your nose into your brain. That can't be pleasent.

If in Peking they use rusty metal to make their swabs, that could be a match.
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2021, 02:34:23 AM

Planet 🌍 anus strikes again.
somac.
Legendary

Activity: 2049
Merit: 1184

Never selling

View Profile
January 27, 2021, 02:42:42 AM

If in Peking they use rusty metal to make their swabs, that could be a match.

Ouch!
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
January 27, 2021, 03:01:09 AM

The thing that used to annoy me most about conventional corporate wage-slavery was the 9-5 hours, specifically the 9 part. We all know that some people are morning people, some are night owls. I'm definitely the latter.  No less productive, just more productive in the evening than mornings.  Yet employers insist that everyone starts at 09.00. There was hardly any point me starting work at that time, I had no ability to focus until at least 12.00.  And just when my focus was starting to really come together at 17.30, it was time to go home. Ridiculous working system reflecting a bygone era

And why is it always seen as a virtue to be a morning person, yet it's assumed that night owls just sit around watching TV or playing video games late into the night?

And busy-ness - why is that seen as a virtue? There seems to be an underlying assumption that the busier a person is, the more virtuous they are. Why is so little value attached to making time to do nothing, to think, to slow down and to ponder the big questions?

If I get a solid 8 hours sleep I'm good for the next 16 hours - doesn't matter what time it is.

It takes time to adjust though and it's not something that should be changed on a regular basis.

It's always 9am somewhere in the world....

For the better part of my worklife I managed to get night jobs.
I too am a night owl and work super well at night, preferably unsupervised.
Before I quit three years ago I drove a lorry at night on weekends, I got paid for seven hours of work, but the route took about five.
The other five days I was of.
I really liked that job, but my last boss was unfortunately an asshole, which kind of spoiled the fun, even though I barely saw him.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 5039

View Profile
January 27, 2021, 03:01:24 AM

That Gamestop run up was put together by a Reddit group.  They set out to wreck all of the shorts that had been set.  They succeeded.

The guy who put it together pulled in $11 million from the run up.

This crazy fucking bastard held onto his stash and is up to $22 million now.
https://www.reddit.com/user/DeepFuckingValue/

That dude really needs to take some profit soon, because that stock is definitely going to plummet back to earth. And fast, when it does.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3844

View Profile
January 27, 2021, 03:22:59 AM
Merited by BobLawblaw (1)

That Gamestop run up was put together by a Reddit group.  They set out to wreck all of the shorts that had been set.  They succeeded.

The guy who put it together pulled in $11 million from the run up.

This crazy fucking bastard held onto his stash and is up to $22 million now.
https://www.reddit.com/user/DeepFuckingValue/

That dude really needs to take some profit soon, because that stock is definitely going to plummet back to earth. And fast, when it does.

It's actually grown from a clear case of autism to a social phenomenon.

They already have more than 140% shorts in GME. If they would increase even more the whole thing would throw a bad light on re-hypo. How did shorts manage to obtain 40% more stock to short that there suppose to be? Prominent people are starting to put their finger on the scales too-Chamath and Elon (on the long side). The thing is-they gave play money to people with not much to do and they went and bought GME, surprise, surprise. Other stonks with concentrated short interest are starting to pop as well. Who actually cares if a hedge fund or two will go bankrupt...there are thousands more. In fact, i am sure that some hedgies are already "feasting" on GME shorts. I am staying away from the whole thing.

Strangely enough, bitcoin or shitcoins are not involved (yet), and I am glad that bitcoin isn't.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10157

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
January 27, 2021, 03:42:41 AM

[edited out]
Would be nice, if we went sideways on the 35k level for a while Cheesy not this stupid 30k/31k ... to nearby at the 2xk levels Cheesy this stresses. A middle 3xk would be more calming Cheesy

For all intents and purposes, there is hardly any difference in terms of going sideways in the lower $30ks or going sideways in the middle $30ks.
infofront (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
January 27, 2021, 03:58:15 AM

New poll incoming

philipma1957
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2021, 04:17:10 AM

[edited out]
Would be nice, if we went sideways on the 35k level for a while Cheesy not this stupid 30k/31k ... to nearby at the 2xk levels Cheesy this stresses. A middle 3xk would be more calming Cheesy

For all intents and purposes, there is hardly any difference in terms of going sideways in the lower $30ks or going sideways in the middle $30ks.

Works for me. 32-33k day after day
arcmetal

Activity: 287
Merit: 159

View Profile
January 27, 2021, 04:25:14 AM
Merited by El duderino_ (19), philipma1957 (6), vapourminer (3), Biodom (1), JayJuanGee (1), Dabs (1), AlcoHoDL (1), strawbs (1)

The thing that used to annoy me most about conventional corporate wage-slavery was the 9-5 hours, specifically the 9 part. We all know that some people are morning people, some are night owls. I'm definitely the latter.  No less productive, just more productive in the evening than mornings.  Yet employers insist that everyone starts at 09.00. There was hardly any point me starting work at that time, I had no ability to focus until at least 12.00.  And just when my focus was starting to really come together at 17.30, it was time to go home. Ridiculous working system reflecting a bygone era

And why is it always seen as a virtue to be a morning person, yet it's assumed that night owls just sit around watching TV or playing video games late into the night?
So true.  I could have written your comment word for word, since I have also lived in that corporate world for only a short bit, for obvious reasons.

And busy-ness - why is that seen as a virtue? There seems to be an underlying assumption that the busier a person is, the more virtuous they are.
One of the most annoying things of that corporate environment was the value placed on the perception of looking busy rather than of doing actual work. ... A friend would recount to me of the years of lay offs at his employers (a large hardware, cell phone, tech co.), where the majority of those getting laid off were the engineers that worked non-stop, and so didn't have time to speak up and be noticed.  While the ones that didn't get the boot were those that spoke up and got noticed by the managers, but weren't necessarily the ones doing the heavy lifting. ... (part of the internal policy was to lay off 10%, but they hired all the time, this was thought to keep workers on there best behavior, instead it created bad blood) ... After years of this, the quality of the product, and the lack of new product suffered.  All the while with the those at the top not understanding what had happened.

(my btc FU fund has come in handy these past few months, lol)

Why is so little value attached to making time to do nothing, to think, to slow down and to ponder the big questions?
I have taken notice of the value of quiet time to ponder and do nothing.  It took years to notice this something that I was doing all the time, but now I take advantage of it to solve complex problems.   While working on large data structures, or complex digital/analog circuits, if I come across a tough obstacle, I set it aside for later. ... Then I go for a walk, or just sit and find a book to read, or tinker with something else.  In a few hours the solutions to the tough complex problem come pouring in.  I usually write them down on paper as quickly as possible so as not to forget.

Thus, I have learned how to find solutions to some tough engineering problems with zero effort, I just let the subconscious do all the work.  I apply this every now and then.
philipma1957
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2021, 04:31:35 AM

So true.  I could have written your comment word for word, since I have also lived in that corporate world for only a short bit, for obvious reasons.

And busy-ness - why is that seen as a virtue? There seems to be an underlying assumption that the busier a person is, the more virtuous they are.
One of the most annoying things of that corporate environment was the value placed on the perception of looking busy rather than of doing actual work. ... A friend would recount to me of the years of lay offs at his employers (a large hardware, cell phone, tech co.), where the majority of those getting laid off were the engineers that worked non-stop, and so didn't have time to speak up and be noticed.  While the ones that didn't get the boot were those that spoke up and got noticed by the managers, but weren't necessarily the ones doing the heavy lifting. ... (part of the internal policy was to lay off 10%, but they hired all the time, this was thought to keep workers on there best behavior, instead it created bad blood) ... After years of this, the quality of the product, and the lack of new product suffered.  All the while with the those at the top not understanding what had happened.

Why is so little value attached to making time to do nothing, to think, to slow down and to ponder the big questions?
I have taken notice of the value of quiet time to ponder and do nothing.  It took years to notice this something that I was doing all the time, but now I take advantage of it to solve complex problems.   While working on large data structures, or complex digital/analog circuits, if I come across a tough obstacle, I set it aside for later. ... Then I go for a walk, or just sit and find a book to read, or tinker with something else.  In a few hours the solutions to the tough complex problem come pouring in.  I usually write them down on paper as quickly as possible so as not to forget.

Thus, I have learned how to find solutions to some tough engineering problems with zero effort, I just let the subconscious do all the work.  I apply this every now and then.

I sometimes do a review of a problem right before I fall asleep. I describe it to my self and the universe and tell the universe As I am dozing off wake me up when you figured this out.

Your bolded idea was worth 6 merits. you are now a full member.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3844

View Profile
January 27, 2021, 04:33:03 AM

So true.  I could have written your comment word for word, since I have also lived in that corporate world for only a short bit, for obvious reasons.

One of the most annoying things of that corporate environment was the value placed on the perception of looking busy rather than of doing actual work. ... A friend would recount to me of the years of lay offs at his employers (a large hardware, cell phone, tech co.), where the majority of those getting laid off were the engineers that worked non-stop, and so didn't have time to speak up and be noticed.  While the ones that didn't get the boot were those that spoke up and got noticed by the managers, but weren't necessarily the ones doing the heavy lifting. ... (part of the internal policy was to lay off 10%, but they hired all the time, this was thought to keep workers on there best behavior, instead it created bad blood) ... After years of this, the quality of the product, and the lack of new product suffered.  All the while with the those at the top not understanding what had happened.

I have taken notice of the value of quiet time to ponder and do nothing.  It took years to notice this something that I was doing all the time, but now I take advantage of it to solve complex problems.   While working on large data structures, or complex digital/analog circuits, if I come across a tough obstacle, I set it aside for later. ... Then I go for a walk, or just sit and find a book to read, or tinker with something else.  In a few hours the solutions to the tough complex problem come pouring in.  I usually write them down on paper as quickly as possible so as not to forget.

Thus, I have learned how to find solutions to some tough engineering problems with zero effort, I just let the subconscious do all the work.  I apply this every now and then.

you might have seen this, but if not...it seems that it is prone to be solved by people with a general math knowledge. It seems complex.
https://getpocket.com/explore/item/decades-old-graph-problem-yields-to-amateur-mathematician

@phil...an interesting approach. Maybe you are using "other" Phil's brains across the multiverse to solve it (and you being entangled to all of them).
We don't know enough how the unconscious problem solving works.
I have no method, but when i was a bit younger, productive ideas just "popped" into my head.
The last such idea was "buy as much bitcoin as you can ASAP"  Cheesy
It's not an engineering, math or other science insight, sadly.
Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3424
Merit: 4344

View Profile
January 27, 2021, 04:34:31 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2021, 07:48:59 AM by Paashaas
Merited by nutildah (1)

WoW, Gamestop was the most traded equity on the planet today.

Reddit army just killed one hedge fund and bailed out by their Wall street friends instantly.

Wall street billionaires lost $8b in one day.

Elon musk shilling GME.

lol. Cool

arcmetal

View Profile
January 27, 2021, 04:52:51 AM

I sometimes do a review of a problem right before I fall asleep. I describe it to my self and the universe and tell the universe As I am dozing off wake me up when you figured this out.
Yep, this works really great as well.  The solutions generally pop up as I am falling asleep, or waking.

Your bolded idea was worth 6 merits. you are now a full member.
That's a lot of merit to give, thank you.

I sometimes wish to give a merit to some odd comment I spot, but lately I usually just have zero to give.  Tongue

arcmetal

View Profile
January 27, 2021, 05:07:29 AM

you might have seen this, but if not...it seems that it is prone to be solved by people with a general math knowledge. It seems complex.
https://getpocket.com/explore/item/decades-old-graph-problem-yields-to-amateur-mathematician

I hadn't seen it, but it's wonderful.  When boiling down some problem, removing some of the particulars, removing technical stuff, one can end up with a scenario looking a lot like the one in that article.  It is why it's sometimes important to solve them, one never knows in what area of science that problem will appear.

@phil...an interesting approach. Maybe you are using "other" Phil's brains across the multiverse to solve it (and you being entangled to all of them).
We don't know enough how the unconscious problem solving works.
I have no method, but when i was a bit younger, productive ideas just "popped" into my head.
The last such idea was "buy as much bitcoin as you can ASAP"  Cheesy
It's not an engineering, math or other science insight, sadly.
Figuring out how the mind works may end being one of the last problems to solve (a billion years from now, Smiley ). ... I picture the whole system is like an old record player, where the mind is the record needle and the universe is the record, the vinyl.  Our mind jumps from groove to groove whenever new ideas pop into our heads. 
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4309

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
January 27, 2021, 05:33:59 AM

https://www.sovereignman.com/trends/the-dumbest-argument-ive-ever-heard-against-cryptocurrency-30611/
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
January 27, 2021, 05:52:57 AM

You shilling gold and silver now jojo?
DaRude
Legendary

Activity: 2778
Merit: 1791

In order to dump coins one must have coins

View Profile
January 27, 2021, 06:21:47 AM

WoW, Gamestop was the most traded equity on the planet today.

Reddit army just killed one hedge fund and bailed out by their Wallstreet friends instantly.

Wall Street billionaires lost $8b in one day.

Elon musk shilling GME.

lol. Cool

Isn't colluding to pump/dump a stock, market manipulation by definition? This is not bitcoin, SEC can go after them
Phil_S
Legendary

Activity: 2090
Merit: 1461

We choose to go to the moon

View Profile
January 27, 2021, 06:25:39 AM
Merited by Hueristic (1), JayJuanGee (1), somac. (1)

Pages: « 1 ... 27887 27888 27889 27890 27891 27892 27893 27894 27895 27896 27897 27898 27899 27900 27901 27902 27903 27904 27905 27906 27907 27908 27909 27910 27911 27912 27913 27914 27915 27916 27917 27918 27919 27920 27921 27922 27923 27924 27925 27926 27927 27928 27929 27930 27931 27932 27933 27934 27935 27936 [27937] 27938 27939 27940 27941 27942 27943 27944 27945 27946 27947 27948 27949 27950 27951 27952 27953 27954 27955 27956 27957 27958 27959 27960 27961 27962 27963 27964 27965 27966 27967 27968 27969 27970 27971 27972 27973 27974 27975 27976 27977 27978 27979 27980 27981 27982 27983 27984 27985 27986 27987 ... 33304 »
  Print  

Jump to: