April 27, 2024, 01:43:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 27868 27869 27870 27871 27872 27873 27874 27875 27876 27877 27878 27879 27880 27881 27882 27883 27884 27885 27886 27887 27888 27889 27890 27891 27892 27893 27894 27895 27896 27897 27898 27899 27900 27901 27902 27903 27904 27905 27906 27907 27908 27909 27910 27911 27912 27913 27914 27915 27916 27917 [27918] 27919 27920 27921 27922 27923 27924 27925 27926 27927 27928 27929 27930 27931 27932 27933 27934 27935 27936 27937 27938 27939 27940 27941 27942 27943 27944 27945 27946 27947 27948 27949 27950 27951 27952 27953 27954 27955 27956 27957 27958 27959 27960 27961 27962 27963 27964 27965 27966 27967 27968 ... 33304 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368575 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
January 23, 2021, 09:47:30 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), d_eddie (1)

This is not unusual or a big thing. Saying it was on "two chains" is invalid as there is only one real chain.

It was technically a "block reorganization". Happens all the time. This one was just more significant than all the others, and people ran with the FUD over a trivial number of satoshi.

Everything is retarded.

Everything is frightened.

People are just too frightened all the time. You don't need much to make a significant amount of them panic.
Consider, this is happening in times of unprecedented security. Life was never as safe as today (confirmed by science and math).
I guess the media and politics with their ongoing FUD are teaching people to be scared, and that makes them so easy to be manipulated. Kids are growing up overprotected, and so on.
If you want the crowd to choose A, just make them fear B (and C...).

If you want to escape this, you need to focus on calming down, for quite a while.

bitcoin is the first global 24/7 market that everyone and their grandma can participate in without permission. almost all bitcoiners are able to sell all or at least some of their stack with a stroke of a key. in contrast to almost all other financial products, where brokers, opening hours and other reasons create a friction that does not allow anyone to play nervously around with live changing amounts of money.
this makes bitcoin, this unique global 24/7 market, structurally susceptible to media campaigns, FUD campaigns, online marketing spin doctors.
as long as the mindset of "buy&sell" smart, of "it can go to zero, so always be aware and have your sell trigger ready and alert" persists, FUD induced selling will be a thing.

there are CEO's of IT related companies who panic sell their btc stash at the local bottom because they hear "double spend OMG!!1!!!"

try inserting FUD about van Goghs paintings and see how many art collectors will panic sell their van Goghs. not a single one. tell weak hand bitcoiners that china will use the bitcoin kill switch tomorrow and you will have some that are happy to panic sell their entire stash within a few minutes. because it is possible. because bitcoin works so frictionless.
this is also one of the reasons for the high volatility.

Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
luke997

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2021, 09:59:25 AM

Shitcoins are at it again.

I guess now that bitcoin is dead and there are massive bugs in the code, it is time for all the institutions to divest and inject it into the one true coin.... Chainlink, or perhaps "insert random shitcoin name".

lololol, shitcoins. Some real long-term potential right there.

History is littered with technologies and companies which were too big to fall or too ignorant to innovate.

Bitcoin is the biggest and undisputed crypto asset right now, but this is not guaranteed forever.

Ignoring a lot of interesting and potentially disruptive development in the altcoin space is short sighted.

After all, isn't it exactly what banks, big names and investment funds have been saying about Bitcoin, until they didn't.
serveria.com
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1172

Privacy Servers. Since 2009.

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2021, 10:08:13 AM
Merited by somac. (1)

I guess now that bitcoin is dead and there are massive bugs in the code, it is time for all the institutions to divest and inject it into the one true coin.... Chainlink, or perhaps "insert random shitcoin name".

History is littered with technologies and companies which were too big to fall or too ignorant to innovate.

Bitcoin is the biggest and undisputed crypto asset right now, but this is not guaranteed forever.

Ignoring a lot of interesting and potentially disruptive development in the altcoin space is short sighted.

After all, isn't it exactly what banks, big names and investment funds have been saying about Bitcoin, until they didn't.

/shitcointalk  Cool
bitcoinPsycho
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 2066

$120000 in 2024 Confirmed

View Profile
January 23, 2021, 10:11:18 AM
Merited by El duderino_ (5), somac. (1)

Sell all your bitcoins for shitcoins . The Oracle has spoken
BobLawblaw
Legendary

Activity: 1822
Merit: 5551

Neighborhood Shenanigans Dispenser

View Profile
January 23, 2021, 10:15:24 AM
Merited by 600watt (2), Wekkel (1)

Indymoney

Activity: 896
Merit: 236

View Profile
January 23, 2021, 10:18:45 AM

Then Oracle is going to hire these all shitcoins holders for 6 figure salary right ? Grin Cheesy
luke997

View Profile
January 23, 2021, 10:26:42 AM

Thank you for the valuable advice, however I'm going to keep hodling my BTCs.
I'm also going to keep an eye on the road.
FIFA worldcup

Activity: 1134
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2021, 10:31:52 AM

600watt
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2021, 10:38:44 AM
Last edit: January 23, 2021, 11:08:43 AM by 600watt
Merited by somac. (2)

stop the shitcoinery asap. this is not the place for marketing scams. bitcoin is a protocol for money in the same way as the internet is a protocol for information. do we have 7500 different internets? do we have "potentially disruptive development in the alternative internet space"? why not? the innovation in the webspace is happening within the network.  innovation and disruptive development can and will happen only within the bitcoin protocol.

before we move on, we all need to be on the same network, the same track, the same language.

we are trying to get a unified measurement method implemented globally. a measurement for value. imagine the engineers of the world came up with 7500 different ways of measuring length. confusion much, eh? no engineering possible, you know?!  

for fuck sake, stop posting crab about shitcoins.
somac.
Legendary

Activity: 2049
Merit: 1184

Never selling

View Profile
January 23, 2021, 10:43:26 AM

stop the shitcoinery asap. this is not the place for marketing scams. bitcoin is a protocol for money in the same way as the internet is a protocol for information. do we have 7500 different internets? do we have "potentially disruptive development in the alternative internet space"? why not? the innovation in the webspace is happening within the network.  innovation and disruptive development can and will happen only within the bitcoin protocol.

before we move on, we all need to be on the same network, the same track, the same language.

we are trying to get a unified measurement implemented globally. a measurement for value. imagine the engineers of the world came up with 7500 different ways of measuring length. confusion much, eh? no engineering possible, you know?!  

Spot on.
machasm

Activity: 784
Merit: 796

View Profile
January 23, 2021, 10:56:36 AM

we are trying to get a unified measurement implemented globally. a measurement for value. imagine the engineers of the world came up with 7500 different ways of measuring length. confusion much, eh? no engineering possible, you know?!  

Its a bit like the tower of Babel.
luke997

View Profile
January 23, 2021, 10:58:24 AM

So difficult to have a grown up conversation?
Please remind me which "shitcoin" I've marketed in my post.
I didn't, I won't, and I'll keep hodling my BTCs.

It's also surprising how someone who is in BTCs doesn't understand it's technology.
Comparing Bitcoin to the internet is deeply flawed. I would suggest to learn more about Bitcoin and blockchain, it's definitely worth it.
It was first thing I did when I bumped into Bitcoin in 2012.
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3509

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
January 23, 2021, 11:02:20 AM
Merited by yefi (1), serveria.com (1)

that rusty pipe on the books cover is in the wrong place.
600watt
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2021, 11:03:35 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1), Tash (1)

may we change the unit ?

https://twitter.com/PeterSchiff/status/1352625339944607744

The idea that Bitcoin is scarce as there's only 21 million is nonsense.

One #Bitcoin merely represents an arbitrary quantity of 100 million Satoshis.

So, it's the total number of Satoshis that must be considered. With a supply of 2.1 quadrillion Satoshis are anything but scarce!

man, is this schiff guy such a dim light? look at a kilogram of gold. that is 1000g of gold.

1 gram of gold is 1000000000 ng

1000gram of gold is 1000000000000 ng which is one trillion nanograms. one trillion ng is anything but scarce!  Cheesy

do we really need to discuss with guys that full blown stupid?

divide a pizza 1 trillion times and feed the world forever with it? jeez... Roll Eyes

600watt
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2021, 11:29:03 AM
Last edit: January 23, 2021, 11:45:47 AM by 600watt
Merited by AlcoHoDL (1)

Comparing Bitcoin to the internet is deeply flawed.

honest question: why is this deeply flawed? please elaborate.

600watt
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2021, 11:47:18 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), rolling (1)

So difficult to have a grown up conversation?
Please remind me which "shitcoin" I've marketed in my post.
I didn't, I won't, and I'll keep hodling my BTCs.

It's also surprising how someone who is in BTCs doesn't understand it's technology.
Comparing Bitcoin to the internet is deeply flawed. I would suggest to learn more about Bitcoin and blockchain, it's definitely worth it.
It was first thing I did when I bumped into Bitcoin in 2012.

whatever. you suggested that there is "development" in the shitcoin space. people who care about the shitcoin space can go fuck off and have their idiotic twisted logic at display in THE APPROPRIATE threads, forums, social media, etc. BUT NOT IN HERE. this is a bitcoin only thread in a bitcoin forum.

and no, there are no "grown up conversations" possible with shitcoiners. they are either scammers or did not get it. and because they haunt us everywhere in the interwebs with their fucked up sales talk, it is a relief to have threads that are free of this utter shit.

same goes for those "blockchain not bitcoin" retards. blockchain is nothing. it a mere database structure and not a stand alone technology. bitcoin combines several unique technologies to achieve digital scarcity. blockchain is just one of them. the immutability of the bitcoin protocol is an emergent property of the combined base technologies bitcoin uses. it is not a technical feature of "blockchain", that can be implemented in other money protocols by copy and paste some lines of code. immutability is an emergent trait, not a feature of just the database structure.

as long as you dont seem get the difference between "emergent property" and "tech feature" (as all the blockchain-not-bitcoin crowd and all the shitcoiners) just dont seem to be able to grasp, you should probably slow down calling others out on not understanding tech.
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 4138

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
January 23, 2021, 11:53:17 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), 600watt (1)

There's generally no real development in the vast majority of shitcoins. Only scammers who are looking for opportunities to get rich by tricking others into giving their fiat to buy their shitcoins. This has happened far too many times to ignore, and is still happening. You don't need to know much, just visit their websites and read the info in there. With just a little bit of experience and intuition, you'll be able to see through them.

Good luck to all who buy shitcoins "because they're cheaper than Bitcoin"...

Who are you guys? Little Peter Schiffs?
Go stack some sats, you fools!
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
January 23, 2021, 12:05:00 PM
Merited by 600watt (1)

I guess the innovation in ‘shitcoins’, not meaning the true shitcoins, is about solving the Trilemma of
  • Security
  • Scalabilty
  • Decentralosation

The ‘Trilemma’ is that you can’t have all three  Roll Eyes

Various projects boast higher TPS (mostly in relation to Ethereum; Bitcoin’s position as King and/or store of value is hardly attacked in those convos) but when scrutinising, without solving the Trilemma.

I know of one project truly claiming that they have solved the Trilemma: Radix. But they’ve been at it for 7 years and haven’t released a mainnet yet. But if they indeed have solved the Trillemma, you can’t afford not to be in it. Time will tell.

Those kinds of projects are interesting from a technical perspective. But that’s probably 0.001% of the projects out there.
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 12008

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
January 23, 2021, 12:26:04 PM

600watt
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2021, 12:31:48 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (2), philipma1957 (1)

I guess the innovation in ‘shitcoins’, not meaning the true shitcoins, is about solving the Trilemma of
  • Security
  • Scalabilty
  • Decentralosation

The ‘Trilemma’ is that you can’t have all three  Roll Eyes

Various projects boast higher TPS (mostly in relation to Ethereum; Bitcoin’s position as King and/or store of value is hardly attacked in those convos) but when scrutinising, without solving the Trilemma.

I know of one project truly claiming that they have solved the Trilemma: Radix. But they’ve been at it for 7 years and haven’t released a mainnet yet. But if they indeed have solved the Trillemma, you can’t afford not to be in it. Time will tell.

Those kinds of projects are interesting from a technical perspective. But that’s probably 0.001% of the projects out there.

i am not saying there should not be any honest scientific research into this new tech field. but the idea that every little brain fart should and could get monetized by getting it on coinmarketcap is stupid to an almost criminal extend.

that a market was created for bitcoin was a necessity for price discovery and also for distribution of the protocol. to copy and paste the source code of btc and then go on and copy and paste this idea of a market is the original sin of shitcoinery. those 8500 different markets for projects that have not achieved digital scarcity should not exist. coinmarketcap has single handedly ruined more retailers than the 1929 stock market crash.

those projects should run on public testnets. they should not be sellable. this is evil. they have no value since they are not scarce or decentralized.
they are mere airline miles: data entries on centralized servers. only digital scarcity is what gives digital value. the rest is digital scam art.

edit: of course it is not only coinmarketcap. almost all the exchanges are doing it. they create this mirage of competing projects. but they are not competing with bitcoin. not the same thing at all. is pyrite competing with gold? would precious metal marketplaces quote prices for pyrite?  for forged gold? that would be a joke. but this joke goes on in the "crypto" space but no one is laughing. (except for the creators of those shitcoin scams: they laugh all the way to the bank.
Pages: « 1 ... 27868 27869 27870 27871 27872 27873 27874 27875 27876 27877 27878 27879 27880 27881 27882 27883 27884 27885 27886 27887 27888 27889 27890 27891 27892 27893 27894 27895 27896 27897 27898 27899 27900 27901 27902 27903 27904 27905 27906 27907 27908 27909 27910 27911 27912 27913 27914 27915 27916 27917 [27918] 27919 27920 27921 27922 27923 27924 27925 27926 27927 27928 27929 27930 27931 27932 27933 27934 27935 27936 27937 27938 27939 27940 27941 27942 27943 27944 27945 27946 27947 27948 27949 27950 27951 27952 27953 27954 27955 27956 27957 27958 27959 27960 27961 27962 27963 27964 27965 27966 27967 27968 ... 33304 »
  Print  

Jump to: