June 27, 2024, 11:45:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 11294 11295 11296 11297 11298 11299 11300 11301 11302 11303 11304 11305 11306 11307 11308 11309 11310 11311 11312 11313 11314 11315 11316 11317 11318 11319 11320 11321 11322 11323 11324 11325 11326 11327 11328 11329 11330 11331 11332 11333 11334 11335 11336 11337 11338 11339 11340 11341 11342 11343 [11344] 11345 11346 11347 11348 11349 11350 11351 11352 11353 11354 11355 11356 11357 11358 11359 11360 11361 11362 11363 11364 11365 11366 11367 11368 11369 11370 11371 11372 11373 11374 11375 11376 11377 11378 11379 11380 11381 11382 11383 11384 11385 11386 11387 11388 11389 11390 11391 11392 11393 11394 ... 33488 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26407822 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Ultros

Activity: 471
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 06:46:22 PM

My google isn't broken brah. I know what it means. Pedos will be pedos no matter whether bitcoin exists or not. As a matter of fact bitcoin is more likely to get them busted like Ross Ulbrict than save them from good police work. The association you are implying is unfair and slanderous to bitcoiners as a group and you know it. You are intentionally trying to make these types of associations repeatedly in lots of threads and have been for a long time. You can't take the heat when it is turned on you and run to the hall monitor when you get pwned. Fuck off.

He's a troll. Don't you know what a troll is?

Btw, you're quoting him.
plasticAiredale

Activity: 207
Merit: 120

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 06:47:16 PM

women [ ... ] living in houses they didn't build, talking on phones they didn't invent, typing on computers they didn't program, driving cars they didn't design, going to stores they don't manage to spend money they didn't earn.

And you still think that men are more intelligent than women?  Cheesy

Cheesy

Jorge you are much more fun to have around when your aren't constantly raining on everyone's Bitcoin parade.
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 06:49:08 PM

Some absolute crap getting discussed today on here.

Take it to off topic.

So I'm here posting on this thread to ask other bitcoiners to en-masse ask the moderators to start monitoring this thread until the off-topic trolling -- in fact all the off topic posting -- goes somewhere else. 

You've been here longer than me, so you really should know: this is the off-topic thread.

If you dislike this thread, open or read another one. Pretty simple.
gotmilk_

Activity: 442

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 06:49:29 PM

As usual Germans are two steps ahead.
http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-de-launches-integration-with-fidor-bank-accounts/
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 06:49:54 PM

When I tried to return the favor to NotLambchop by reporting one of his despicable, slanderous, trollposts here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178336.msg10550381#msg10550381

I reported it hours and hours ago and yet it remains up along with all the other off topic crappy shit this cretin and his troll sock knob-gobblers post. Incredible! What does it take to get some decent moderation and participation to make this most popular thread more bitcoin friendly without all the shitfest?  I like contrary opinions and views and love a good laugh but this is ridiculous to see on the front page of bitcoin talk.  

You mean this?  How is it slanderous, do you even know what the word means?

Don't turn a blind eye!
Help stop Bitcoin perverts!

My google isn't broken brah. I know what it means. Pedos will be pedos no matter whether bitcoin exists or not. As a matter of fact bitcoin is more likely to get them busted like Ross Ulbrict than save them from good police work. The association you are implying is unfair and slanderous to bitcoiners as a group and you know it. You are intentionally trying to make these types of associations repeatedly in lots of threads and have been for a long time. You can't take the heat when it is turned on you and run to the hall monitor when you get pwned. Fuck off.

How is it you both have me on ignore & respond to, quote & report my posts?  I don't think I'm interested in carrying on a conversation with you, a vindictive, habitual liar, caught red-handed in the act of lying.
Go lie elsewhere, liar! Angry
Odalv
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 06:56:19 PM

If this bear market has been largely caused by Chinese miners that can do nothing with bitcoins except sell them, then it is likely to end when one of two things happen: Either they run out of stockpiled coins to sell over and above coins they are mining, or when the Chinese economy gets so bad that they realize that the killer app is to sneak out of the country with them.

Right now Bitcoins seems to be an answer in search of a problem: Most obviously capital controls in a world where capital is still largely mobile. When this situation changes, it is likely to be sudden and swift although the time frame is difficult to predict with any accuracy.

Mined coins are not that much, 3600 per day and the Chinese probably only have less than 35% share of that so thats only 1200 coins per days assuming they sell all of them every day. 

There is more belief of short traders and options sellers using leverage.

BTC3600 is not that much  Huh that's like additional $850,000 sell pressure every single day. BTC is not that liquid to easily sustain that.

But some relief will come in 18months

Let assume that only 15% of population will use bitcoin in next 20 years.
=> it is 1,000,000,000  / 20 years
=> 50,000,000 new adopters per year
=> 136,000 new adopters every day

$850,000 / 136,000 new adopers =  $6.25 per new person

lol

Check reality. Price is $230+ and rising. :-)

not yet 136k new users errday tho Wink

How do you know ?
7,000,000,000 / 136,000 = 50,000

It is only 1 new $5 investor in group of 50,000 people.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1779

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 06:59:36 PM

Coin
Explanation
octaft

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 07:03:13 PM

Why? I disagree with him on the matter, but that's not the point we were discussing here.

Here's my view on the topic: there's scant biological evidence that women are intellectually less capable than men, and there's a lot more evidence that they underperform on, say, standardized tests because of cultural effects. So, personally, I'm leaning towards "Let's assume we're equally capable, until we've ruled out all or most cultural effects influencing the result".

Sure.

You don't have to see it like that. You can have your reasons to believe women are less smart than men by nature. That belief still allows for two different paths: one where you go violently about bringing women down, and one where you only make your own choices based on the assumption above, i.e. the non-violent path. The line separating the two paths is not always completely clear, there's a gradual difference, but as a general distinction, it remains valid in my opinion.

That's the violent vs. non-violent sexist distinction I have in mind. "Violent" meaning, more or less, the same as "intolerant" in this context. And I know plenty of people who think that, as long as you have the right opinion - say, that women and men are equally smart - it's okay to be intolerant of the opposing views.

Here's the short version:

I consider being tolerant more important than being right, because the latter is heavily subjective anyway, despite what we tell ourselves to make it look like our rightness is righter than the other guy's rightness.

Why should I have to tolerate ignorance? There's enough of it in this world, and it probably won't stop even if it's being fought, but it definitely won't stop if the people who try to avoid ignorant views simply roll over to it.
coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1180

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 07:06:05 PM

Reading this sub has become unbearable  Sad
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 07:06:52 PM

Take it to off topic.

So I'm here posting on this thread to ask other bitcoiners to en-masse ask the moderators to start monitoring this thread until the off-topic trolling -- in fact all the off topic posting -- goes somewhere else. 

You've been here longer than me, so you really should know: this is the off-topic thread.

If you dislike this thread, open or read another one. Pretty simple.

Only the primest of all threads are moved from speculation to Off Topic. My original public diary was moved there eventually. The current one still resides in speculation after 300+ pages.

You have to try harder.  Cheesy
Ivanhoe

Activity: 841

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 07:07:03 PM

Waste of it's own time

Maybe if you finished your school you now didn't have a shitty job as "Internet communications associate". Dropped out due social problems? I bet nobody cares about you out there in the world besides your computer screen. Maybe you should just give up man? This life you have now is not worth much :/
finnile

Activity: 196
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 07:07:21 PM

Reading this sub has become unbearable  Sad

Why is that Tongue ? Its pure speculation , so just hop on.
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 07:09:12 PM

Why should I have to tolerate ignorance? There's enough of it in this world, and it probably won't stop even if it's being fought, but it definitely won't stop if the people who try to avoid ignorant views simply roll over to it.

I just answered that:

I consider being tolerant more important than being right, because the latter is heavily subjective anyway, despite what we tell ourselves to make it look like our rightness is righter than the other guy's rightness.

Sure. There's ignorance. Lack of knowledge on a subject. Feel free to point out lack of knowledge if you encounter it.

But after that, there's comparable levels of knowledge that still result in difference of opinion.

If in your view the entire, say, sexism debate can be reduced to "Those who are educated enough to know the truth vs. those who are too dumb too know it", then I'm pretty sure you underestimate the complexity of the topic yourself.
NotLambchop

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 07:11:20 PM

.@Ivan's hoe:  Ur being an fagit again.  Stop pl0x.
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 07:11:46 PM

I like this thread.
Ivanhoe

Activity: 841

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 07:23:04 PM

At least i'm not a born loser who spends time trolling behind a computer screen for a very low wage because of a total lack of chances of success in the real world. I bet a trip to the grocery store is the most exciting thing that happens to you in a week.
NotLambchop

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 07:34:34 PM

^just trying to help & inform Sad
octaft

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 07:34:51 PM

I just answered that:

And I disagree. Someone who spouts off like an expert while making it painfully obvious they know little to nothing about a subject is something I refuse to tolerate.

Sure. There's ignorance. Lack of knowledge on a subject. Feel free to point out lack of knowledge if you encounter it.

I do, and did. "hurr durr brain size men smarter" shows an incredible lack of knowledge/research on the subject. It's not even close to that simple.
silverfuture
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1008

central banking = outdated protocol

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 07:39:59 PM

Take it to off topic.

I agree.  Is this garbage what we want the newbies who just watched that CNN special to read when they hit bitcointalk and look at active threads?

I understand that there's a fine line between trolling and a completely valid bearish perspective.  So it is not right to moderate on-topic bearish posts.  But the trash I'm reading today is not the image we want to present to new bitcoiners.  Letting it stay here is a bad idea if you care about Bitcoin, even if you care but happen to be short today.

Please reply to this post if you agree!!!   Drown out the garbage posts with replies so the trolls see how little we appreciate their off-topic "contributions".

And also start clicking the "report to moderator" link on off-topic posts to this thread.[/size]

thanks,
theZerg

I agree completely. Moderation here really sucks and it's why the place has run amok with scumbags and chased away valued postings.  I've had the moderators remove one of my posts with this image in it, because someone was butthurt and didn't like it Roll Eyes  I wonder who that was? Roll Eyes

When I tried to return the favor to NotLambchop by reporting one of his despicable, slanderous, trollposts here:

I reported it hours and hours ago and yet it remains up along with all the other off topic crappy shit this cretin and his troll sock knob-gobblers post. Incredible! What does it take to get some decent moderation and participation to make this most popular thread more bitcoin friendly without all the shitfest?  I like contrary opinions and views and love a good laugh but this is ridiculous to see on the front page of bitcoin talk.  

Don't turn a blind eye!

How is it you both have me on ignore & respond to, quote & report my posts?  I don't think I'm interested in carrying on a conversation with you, a vindictive, habitual liar, caught red-handed in the act of lying.

I ignored you without using the button for a long time until it just became sickening to see your carefully crafted yet misguided accusations and insults towards "bitcoiners" everywhere. Then, I used the ignore button and still do except to see what you are responding to my posts but of course I still see tons of quoted crap that appears in other's post. You are absolutely prolific in your trolling during business hours and it's really ruining the place and setting an example for the newbs. Your ability to get my harmlessly retaliatory image removed by mods is remarkable and it's one reason why you are getting my full attention and wrath now.
NotLambchop

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 07:43:08 PM

Take it to off topic.

I agree.  Is this garbage what we want the newbies who just watched that CNN special to read when they hit bitcointalk and look at active threads?

I understand that there's a fine line between trolling and a completely valid bearish perspective.  So it is not right to moderate on-topic bearish posts.  But the trash I'm reading today is not the image we want to present to new bitcoiners.  Letting it stay here is a bad idea if you care about Bitcoin, even if you care but happen to be short today.

Please reply to this post if you agree!!!   Drown out the garbage posts with replies so the trolls see how little we appreciate their off-topic "contributions".

And also start clicking the "report to moderator" link on off-topic posts to this thread.[/size]

thanks,
theZerg

I agree completely. Moderation here really sucks and it's why the place has run amok with scumbags and chased away valued postings.  I've had the moderators remove one of my posts with this image in it, because someone was butthurt and didn't like it Roll Eyes  I wonder who that was? Roll Eyes

Don't turn a blind eye!

I ignored you without using the button for a long time until it just became sickening to see your carefully crafted yet misguided accusations and insults towards "bitcoiners" everywhere. Then, I used the ignore button and still do except to see what you are responding to my posts but of course I still see tons of quoted crap that appears in other's post. You are absolutely prolific in your trolling during business hours and it's really ruining the place and setting an example for the newbs. Your ability to get my harmlessly retaliatory image removed by mods is remarkable and it's one reason why you are getting my full attention and wrath now.

^Stop spinning this web of lies & just admit you're a liar, liar! Angry
Edit re. boldface: I never reported any of your crap to moderators, you're nowhere as relevant as you think.
Pages: « 1 ... 11294 11295 11296 11297 11298 11299 11300 11301 11302 11303 11304 11305 11306 11307 11308 11309 11310 11311 11312 11313 11314 11315 11316 11317 11318 11319 11320 11321 11322 11323 11324 11325 11326 11327 11328 11329 11330 11331 11332 11333 11334 11335 11336 11337 11338 11339 11340 11341 11342 11343 [11344] 11345 11346 11347 11348 11349 11350 11351 11352 11353 11354 11355 11356 11357 11358 11359 11360 11361 11362 11363 11364 11365 11366 11367 11368 11369 11370 11371 11372 11373 11374 11375 11376 11377 11378 11379 11380 11381 11382 11383 11384 11385 11386 11387 11388 11389 11390 11391 11392 11393 11394 ... 33488 »
  Print  

Jump to: