May 03, 2024, 09:41:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 15571 15572 15573 15574 15575 15576 15577 15578 15579 15580 15581 15582 15583 15584 15585 15586 15587 15588 15589 15590 15591 15592 15593 15594 15595 15596 15597 15598 15599 15600 15601 15602 15603 15604 15605 15606 15607 15608 15609 15610 15611 15612 15613 15614 15615 15616 15617 15618 15619 15620 [15621] 15622 15623 15624 15625 15626 15627 15628 15629 15630 15631 15632 15633 15634 15635 15636 15637 15638 15639 15640 15641 15642 15643 15644 15645 15646 15647 15648 15649 15650 15651 15652 15653 15654 15655 15656 15657 15658 15659 15660 15661 15662 15663 15664 15665 15666 15667 15668 15669 15670 15671 ... 33317 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26371296 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10202

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 07:39:19 PM

while pms rocket higher on brexit, cryptos doing nothing .. this proves cryptos are not regarded as safe havens.. with the scaling issue lingering = storm clouds doomsville gathering on the horizon for bitcoin

Was that post supposed to be a joke ?

If adoption is an objective of a new monetary medium then capacity issues is a problem you DO want to have  Wink

i still have cold storage.. but no its not a joke. .. if u read around u would learn that lack of programming is the reason why gdax happened .. because they believe ether has more promise programming wise.. while bitcoin keeps NOT addressing the problems. this aint getting adopted. only people in it are speculators and manipulators.. the reason bitcoin did not pump for brexit is because the manipulators are against brexit . problem for them is they revealed that bitcoin is not a considered a safe haven. no one went into bitcoin for brexit. everyone is going into pms instead. the joke here is that u actually think having a scaling issue lingering for longer than a year is a good thing . i believe it will be used as a reason to crash this back down.. otherwise, why is it not fixed.. why hold back ?? its bullshiat this issue lingered this long. i read last night chinese miners thinking about forking .

http://www.newsbtc.com/2016/07/01/chinese-miners-allegedly-planning-hard-fork-bitcoin/

You are a retard.

The actual facts speak against your illogical conspiracy manipulator theory conjectures. 

most smart folks already know that the scaling issue is pure fabrication

there is no actual evidence that any miners (chinese or otherwise) would actually follow through with any hardfork attempt to increase the blocksize limit... It does not make logical sense either that any of them would act against their economic interest when BTC prices have been performing with considerable positivity in recent months and BTC prices also seem to be on the cusp of additional soaring.

Yeah, right, everyone is going into PMs, but let's see how well those perform, as compared to bitcoin in the coming months.... You wanna be attempting to haul PMs around and doing transactions in them, and recall some of the PM contracts, such as gold have 500 contracts for one ounce of gold, so try getting your hands on the gold, if 499 other contracts are also for that actual existing gold... doesn't do a whole hell of a lot of good to have paper gold.   

"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hodl_2015

Activity: 371
Merit: 57

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 07:44:26 PM

last 1000 blocks until halving... (which also marks 75% of all bitcoins mined!)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 07:54:09 PM

there is a reason why these fools are not fixing the scaling issue.. either they are incompetent or something else is going on .

It's called delayed gratification.

Have you ever hear of testing and verifying and assuring that various protocol changes are solid and not vulnerable.

Oh no?  I almost forgot that you are assuming an emergency that does not exist... Look bitcoin is not broken, transaction times are decent, fees are decent, the blocks are not full and BTC prices are rising on a pretty decent level... think about the lower to mid $400s as a kind of launching point that we were visiting for several months in the beginning of the year and really not too likely that we are going to be going back down to those levels any time soon absent some really convincing FUCD spreading and possibly even some kind of actual technical flaw (which does not seem too likely).

Look bitcoin is currently dealing with nearly an $11 billion market cap, and likely to 10x and 10x again, and that is going to bring BTC in the trillion dollar market cap territory.  You do not come out with rash and short-sighted solutions when you are dealing with either that much present value nor that much future value that will be at stake after the tweaks of the protocol foundation are added.

Bitcoin is going to continue to be built upon and built upon, and the foundation of the protocol and the blockchainb needs to remain strong without rushing with bullshit and rash measures, which would be the case if core were to cave into pressures regarding a hard increase in the blocksize limit or any of those other bullshit governance or scaling timeline proposals contained in XT and/or Classic that guys like you seem to want to continue to whine about.
Alley
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 07:59:43 PM

Ya lets rush it so we can be like eth.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 08:03:10 PM

Re BTC [...] Everything is going according to schedule, so to speak

It's sure isn't going according to what the Chinese miners thought was the the schedule.
But you're not wrong, so to speak.

As if the "Chinese miners" were some kind of unified group that were planning some kind of concerted action (as the FUCD spreading has proposed).  What xenophobic nonsense.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 08:10:23 PM

The article is nearly pure nonsense because the actual facts, including the price breaking strongly (and seemingly irreverseably) above $500 speak loudly and convincingly that people are buying bitcoins and the ones that matter (those buying) do not perceive bitcoin to be broken... otherwise they would not be paying more than $500 and then more than $600 and then more than $700 per coin..

So, yeah, hard to convince people when we cannot get BTC prices back into the $400s.. and even the $400s was not a bad place to be, after BTC prices had been in the $200s for nearly a year.

But, yeah, Tzupy start preparing your bear ass for continued upwards price movements, and you must realize that there is some chance that we are going to have continued resistance in the upper $700s and also in the $800s, but seems likely that if we clearly get past the mid $800s, we are going to need to brace ourselves for the $3k plus price territories.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 08:15:04 PM

Bears like you failed to grab cheap btc and now they are trying to bring down btc price by any means. This article is bullshit. Its author is someone from Mike Hern`s camp. Btc`s growth is unstoppable.

You seem to think bears are the opposite of holders, which they're not.
Real bears will do the opposite of what you think they do -- they *help* you pump the shit out of BTC, feed your mania, and only when your hysterical optimism crescendoes & BTC crests? That's the ideal entry point for shorts.

Yeah, bears are so amazing, but they kind of lost control of BTC prices in recent months, maybe even in August when they could not keep prices in the $200s... ..

Anyhow, these bears are not in control, as you seem to argue, but yeah, I will agree that bears have the ability to profit from downward price movements if they can play the momentum correctly, but that does not mean that they are controlling such momentum, even though they may have some periods of success to reverse price momentum.
rtrtcrypto

Activity: 627
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 08:16:37 PM

Why do you (and others) feel so strongly about the breaking mid-800s = 3k+?
In your mind, once we see 875 we will quickly see 2.5k+? Can you unpack that more?

The article is nearly pure nonsense because the actual facts, including the price breaking strongly (and seemingly irreverseably) above $500 speak loudly and convincingly that people are buying bitcoins and the ones that matter (those buying) do not perceive bitcoin to be broken... otherwise they would not be paying more than $500 and then more than $600 and then more than $700 per coin..

So, yeah, hard to convince people when we cannot get BTC prices back into the $400s.. and even the $400s was not a bad place to be, after BTC prices had been in the $200s for nearly a year.

But, yeah, Tzupy start preparing your bear ass for continued upwards price movements, and you must realize that there is some chance that we are going to have continued resistance in the upper $700s and also in the $800s, but seems likely that if we clearly get past the mid $800s, we are going to need to brace ourselves for the $3k plus price territories.
rjclarke2000
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1016

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 08:16:47 PM

Hi J

out of interest do you not think there will resistance in the 900s, 1000s, 2000s? From what I see there is always a "round" number which becomes a sticking point.

I'd love 3k Bitcoin though. I'd skip everywhere instead of walk.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 08:47:35 PM

Hi J

out of interest do you not think there will resistance in the 900s, 1000s, 2000s? From what I see there is always a "round" number which becomes a sticking point.

Of course, we have to speculate in terms of probabilities rather than absolutes... and I cannot be claiming to have any kind of technical expertise.

I know that a lot of folks (especially bitcoin newbies) talk about cashing out at $1,000 or some point soon thereafter, and in that regard, they believe that $1,000 is such a large value for this magical money.  They seem to be thinking in terms of unit value rather than market cap, so certainly there will be some attempts of bears to capitalize on those kinds of various public sentiments in order to attempt to reverse the upward momentum or even to cause folks to cash out at price points that seem unsustainable to regular folks... and yeah, $1,000 and $2,000 are such price points.

I certainly am no expert; however, in the end, I think that getting passed the mid $800s is likely to create so much upward momentum and even coming from financial big players too that such price points and upward momentum is going to significantly overwhelm the resistance.  And, yeah, there are more tools to short and more tools to bet on downward bitcoin price movement, but to me it seems that these kinds of new tools are not going to be strong enough to overwhelm the upwards momentum that comes after the mid $800s.

In my own perception of the May 2016 move above $500, that move above $500 has been quite a bit more bullish than I had anticipated. 

I had actually expected for the price to go up faster passed $500 and into the mid $600s - possibly touching $700s  like within a week or two and then correcting back into the $400s...

So, yeah, so far these BTC price movements above $500 is acting quite a bit more bullish than I anticipated, and really the bears seem to be having a bit more difficulties than expected to get the price to go back down into the $500s and they could not even keep it below mid $500s for more than a few minutes.  So, yeah, doesn't mean that we are not going to witness greater price battle attempts in these $600 and $700s price territories, but the upward price momentum and support for these current prices seems to be playing out pretty well for us bulls (and btc hodlers)... and that is part of the reason why I am still inclined to think that resistance at $900, $1,000  and $2,000 will not be as great as we may otherwise conjecture based on pure numerology..

Sure, on a personal protection level, I am going to continue to cash out small amounts along the way upwards in the even that we go upwards, just in case, and sure we could be surprised to experience unexpected price reversals at any point..  That is one thing about bitcoin is that the unexpected is kind of expected and we have to continue to prepare (on a personal level for price moves in either direction).  Depending on how the upwards movement goes, exactly, I am thinking that we could get more price resistance in the $2k to $3k price territory... even though the most likely point to get a significant correction would be (at some possibly unexpected point) in the $3k to $5k price territory.
AmazonStuff

Activity: 628

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 08:51:35 PM

Only 3 digits baby Cheesy

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 08:53:15 PM

In your mind, once we see 875 we will quickly see 2.5k+? Can you unpack that more?

I think that I kind of outlined my thinking in my above post, but I think that the main idea is regarding momentum and market psychology.  Surely, none of these kinds of outcomes are inevitable because we are still dealing with a lot of unknowns, including human behavior and even attempts at manipulative behavior.  So, even though it may sound as if some folks, including myself, are talking in terms of absolutes, many of us are likely speaking in terms of probabilities, but just using linguistic short-cuts to appear as if we are talking in absolutes.

Actually there are a few folks who do talk in terms of absolutes and math, like as if certain price points are inevitable, and I am not one of those folks, even though sometimes my language may be a little sloppy in appearing to put me in that camp.
rtrtcrypto

Activity: 627

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 08:57:59 PM

Ok,

Then let me get an opinion. If you see the price at $950 you'd be inclined to hold all the way up to 2k+? A sell target of $1200 makes little sense to you given your impression (probabilities that the market will overshoot past last ATH)?

***EDIT: Sorry, didn't notice the reply above, which more or less covers this as well.

I think that I kind of outlined my thinking in my above post, but I think that the main idea is regarding momentum and market psychology.  Surely, none of these kinds of outcomes are inevitable because we are still dealing with a lot of unknowns, including human behavior and even attempts at manipulative behavior.  So, even though it may sound as if some folks, including myself, are talking in terms of absolutes, many of us are likely speaking in terms of probabilities, but just using linguistic short-cuts to appear as if we are talking in absolutes.

Actually there are a few folks who do talk in terms of absolutes and math, like as if certain price points are inevitable, and I am not one of those folks, even though sometimes my language may be a little sloppy in appearing to put me in that camp.
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 08:59:42 PM

It's amazing how fast you can travel by skipping.  More fun than running but less control.

In anticipation of 3k btc I bought some today.  I can only buy when I have fiat and more often than not that coincides with an increase in the price of btc.  Then again btc has been increasing for almost a year now. 
Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 09:12:36 PM

short term looks bullish to me.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4004
Merit: 4468

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 09:16:03 PM

Bears like you failed to grab cheap btc and now they are trying to bring down btc price by any means. This article is bullshit. Its author is someone from Mike Hern`s camp. Btc`s growth is unstoppable.

Please don't feed the trolls and their hysterical, childish pessimism.

JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4004
Merit: 4468

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 09:26:56 PM

Then again btc has been increasing for almost a year 8 years now. 

Except for a short period (2014) it's increased in value at a phenomenal rate.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 09:45:53 PM

Ok,

Then let me get an opinion. If you see the price at $950 you'd be inclined to hold all the way up to 2k+? A sell target of $1200 makes little sense to you given your impression (probabilities that the market will overshoot past last ATH)?

***EDIT: Sorry, didn't notice the reply above, which more or less covers this as well.

[edited out]

Yeah, that is more or less correct that I covered the topic.. but in essence, the amounts of BTC that I would sell would be relatively smaller amounts in the $850 to $2k price territory, and maybe a little larger amounts in the $2k to $3k territory and a little larger amounts in the $3k to $5k territory.

Just note that my strategy in respect to BTC is never to really sell all of it; however, I may sell larger portions (such as up to 60% of my holdings), but on a personal level, at this time, I do not plan to sell 100% of my BTC holdings, even though there could be circumstances that develop that cause me to reconsider my current plans and to sell higher portions than I had earlier intended to sell....  

I think that currently my most bullish scenario and then bearish reversal only allows me to sell up to 57% of my BTC stash, but I will concede that my emotions or reconsiderations based on circumstances could cause me to sell more than my allocated amount in certain anticipated price reversal scenarios.  We cannot really know for sure about those scenarios until they kind of play out, and whether or not it would be practical, efficient and reasonable to sell under some kinds of scenarios.
origin12

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 09:52:57 PM

short term looks bullish to me.

$700 on Bitfinex

Now $702, now $703

Short term is certainly bullish, the walls are being eaten fast and this is only the warm up for after the halving.
AZwarel

Activity: 401
Merit: 280

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 09:55:38 PM

Pages: « 1 ... 15571 15572 15573 15574 15575 15576 15577 15578 15579 15580 15581 15582 15583 15584 15585 15586 15587 15588 15589 15590 15591 15592 15593 15594 15595 15596 15597 15598 15599 15600 15601 15602 15603 15604 15605 15606 15607 15608 15609 15610 15611 15612 15613 15614 15615 15616 15617 15618 15619 15620 [15621] 15622 15623 15624 15625 15626 15627 15628 15629 15630 15631 15632 15633 15634 15635 15636 15637 15638 15639 15640 15641 15642 15643 15644 15645 15646 15647 15648 15649 15650 15651 15652 15653 15654 15655 15656 15657 15658 15659 15660 15661 15662 15663 15664 15665 15666 15667 15668 15669 15670 15671 ... 33317 »
  Print  

Jump to: