June 16, 2024, 12:38:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 16716 16717 16718 16719 16720 16721 16722 16723 16724 16725 16726 16727 16728 16729 16730 16731 16732 16733 16734 16735 16736 16737 16738 16739 16740 16741 16742 16743 16744 16745 16746 16747 16748 16749 16750 16751 16752 16753 16754 16755 16756 16757 16758 16759 16760 16761 16762 16763 16764 16765 [16766] 16767 16768 16769 16770 16771 16772 16773 16774 16775 16776 16777 16778 16779 16780 16781 16782 16783 16784 16785 16786 16787 16788 16789 16790 16791 16792 16793 16794 16795 16796 16797 16798 16799 16800 16801 16802 16803 16804 16805 16806 16807 16808 16809 16810 16811 16812 16813 16814 16815 16816 ... 33451 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26400803 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 05:05:52 PM

feels like might be some incoming ... alts going nutz, bitfinex price gap closing up, funds are on the move.

The only alt that has any upside potential left right now is Litecoin.  Both Eth and Ripple were raised by the scam of creating coins out of thin air, sending them to Bologniex, then margin leveraging their illiquid asset higher.  I think Darkcoin preminers conspired together to do the same thing.  Now all those coins are in bubble territory with no room to run anymore and about the only alt I can imagine making a move is Litecoin going to something like .02 - 0.04.
york780

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 05:10:35 PM

feels like might be some incoming ... alts going nutz, bitfinex price gap closing up, funds are on the move.

The only alt that has any upside potential left right now is Litecoin.  Both Eth and Ripple were raised by the scam of creating coins out of thin air, sending them to Bologniex, then margin leveraging their illiquid asset higher.  I think Darkcoin preminers conspired together to do the same thing.  Now all those coins are in bubble territory with no room to run anymore and about the only alt I can imagine making a move is Litecoin going to something like .02 - 0.04.

ZEC is already at 0.7.

Only need to tripple to reach this.
We need to face it, BTC marketdominance will go to 30% in a couple of months from now.

Still going to 10 000 USD, but crypto as a whole will develop really really fast.
BTC will be the USD/gold of crypto.

Fiat wont be used again.
Altcoins rightnow are where BTC was at 2013.

megashira1
Legendary

Activity: 1146

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 05:18:51 PM

ZEC is already at 0.7.

We need to face it, BTC marketdominance will go to 30% in a couple of months from now.

Still going to 10 000 USD, but crypto as a whole will develop really really fast.

Fiat wont be used again.

Were you not yesterday dumping altcoins and pumping btc?
Nagadota

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

ClaimWithMe - the most paying faucet of all times!

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2017, 05:25:55 PM

ZEC is already at 0.7.

Fiat wont be used again.

He was basically saying that Bitcoin will be the master - iamnotback described it as a "settlement layer".  I think they have a point.

Satoshi's clever idea about immutability will make alts create a better currency for everyday transactions as competition to Bitcoin, and since Bitcoin has a more predictable supply than Ethereum it can be used as the ideal store of value.
york780

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 05:26:44 PM

ZEC is already at 0.7.

Fiat wont be used again.

Yes, because they are in a bubble, like BTC was in 2013. Altcoins are going to get rekt bigtime. But they will take a bigger marketdominance what is a good thing for crypto and so Bitcoin. More money will flow into bitcoin because of alts. Its all connected.
york780

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 05:27:32 PM

ZEC is already at 0.7.

Fiat wont be used again.

He was basically saying that Bitcoin will be the master - iamnotback described it as a "settlement layer".  I think they have a point.

Satoshi's clever idea about immutability will make alts create a better currency for everyday transactions as competition to Bitcoin, and since Bitcoin has a more predictable supply than Ethereum it can be used as the ideal store of value.
True, this is the future where crypto is heading.
monsanto
Legendary

Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005

..like bright metal on a sullen ground.

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 05:49:20 PM

holding a good percentage but starting to get the feeling it may be time to...

r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 05:51:25 PM
Last edit: April 30, 2017, 06:21:47 PM by r0ach

and since Bitcoin has a more predictable supply than Ethereum it can be used as the ideal store of value.

Well, that's where he's completely wrong because no cryptocurrency is a store of value.  It's a currency, not money.  It even says "Cryptocurrency" in the title.  Currencies are never a store of value.  The only thing that gives them value is transaction flow, which is determined by scalability and pushing through millions of cups of coffee, contrary to what people claim where coffee is the bitcoin anti-christ.  Noble metals such as gold and silver are absurdly better at being a store of value (i.e. settlement layer), so there's no way bitcoin and any other coin can compete with them in that regard.  The ONLY way they can compete is in transaction flow (where scalability is key).  If Litecoin adopts segwit (and it actually works to scale), while bitcoin doesn't, I see no reason to hold bitcoin at that point.

I gave the estimate a long time ago (I'm sure somebody remembers it) that you would need at least 8MB blocks (or around 50 TPS) for bitcoin to be a valid, globally used currency with market penetration into the upper middle class.  That's speaking on-chain scaling alone, and at that number, it would probably be uneconomical to do transactions under something like $10,000, but the network would probably continue to exist and not fade into obscurity.  

Jihan Wu and the other Chinese seem to have made a deal that litecoin will go to at least 2MB blocks in the future (the equivalent of bitcoin with 8MB blocks), and agreed to segwit.  So litecoin seems to have passed the minimum required scaling threshold to exist, while bitcoin has not.  Hell, at this point, the optimal strategy for the Chinese might even be continuing to block segwit on bitcoin on purpose to destroy it while investing money into cheap litecoin and profiting on the destruction of BTC as the litecoin they bought for pennies skyrockets.

A similar move was done by the Pilgrims Society in gold vs silver.  Most of these rich bankers and aristocrats had their money invested only in gold, so they conspired to demonetize silver, which had the result of being a transfer of all silver wealth to the gold they hold.  There is nothing to gain by attempting to keep silver down now, so in the near future I imagine some of these same people will conspire to remonetize silver to drain the money back out of gold for profit, thus screwing China, India, Russia, and the arab nations who bought up all the gold.
york780

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 06:14:28 PM

and since Bitcoin has a more predictable supply than Ethereum it can be used as the ideal store of value.

Well, that's where he's completely wrong because no cryptocurrency is a store of value.  It's a currency, not money.  It even says "Cryptocurrency" in the title.  Currencies are never a store of value.  The only thing that gives them value is transaction flow, which is determined by scalability and pushing through millions of cups of coffee, contrary to what people claim where coffee is the bitcoin anti-christ.  

Noble metals such as gold and silver are absurdly better at being a store of value (i.e. settlement layer), so there's no way bitcoin and any other coin can compete with them in that regard.  The ONLY way they can compete is in transaction flow (where scalability is key).  If Litecoin adopts segwit (and it actually works to scale), while bitcoin doesn't, I see no reason to hold bitcoin at that point.

I gave the estimate a long time ago (I'm sure somebody remembers it) that you would need at least 8MB blocks (or around 50 TPS) for bitcoin to be a valid, globally used currency with market penetration into the upper middle class.  That's speaking on-chain scaling alone, and at that number, it would probably be uneconomical to do transactions under something like $10,000, but the network would probably continue to exist and not fade into obscurity. 

Jihan Wu and the other Chinese seem to have made a deal that litecoin will go to at least 2MB blocks in the future (the equivalent of bitcoin with 8MB blocks), and agreed to segwit.  So litecoin seems to have passed the minimum required scaling threshold to exist, while bitcoin has not.

Simply because SegWit isnt the final solution for scaling.
It gives BTC some time, but nothing more.
It will go like this:

-SegWit on LTC
-SegWit on BTC
-8mb on LTC
-8mb on BTC'
-scaling solved.
-LTC useless because its dummy purpose has fullfilled its destiny
-BTC moons

The end.
fichtn12345

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 06:18:18 PM

sup.
My new target (s)...:
5 digits. For the conservatives cny, but i am waiting for filthy us $ 5 digits. kthxbye
york780

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 06:19:00 PM

holding a good percentage but starting to get the feeling it may be time to...

Confirmed.

Altcoins are in a huge bubble.
It will pop.
There will be blood, there will be tears.
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 06:19:07 PM

It will go like this:

-SegWit on LTC
-SegWit on BTC
-8mb on LTC
-8mb on BTC'
-scaling solved.
-BTC moons

The end.

I added more onto my post at the end as to why they might actually stop bitcoin from scaling on purpose in order to wreck it for profit while raising the value of the litecoins they bought for pennies in comparison.  Since someone made the bad judgement of requiring 95% approval for segwit on bitcoin, there is also the chance it never gets activated.  A government entity, bankers, or whoever could start up some miners and reject segwit while dumping the coins they mine for profit and basically block it perpetually for....FREE...NO COST.  Bitcoin will not scale without forking into two chains and having an enormous rough consensus attack at this point.
Nagadota

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

ClaimWithMe - the most paying faucet of all times!

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2017, 06:25:24 PM

Currencies are never a store of value.
For most people, currencies are the only store of value.  People hold their money in bank accounts or in cash and regardless of whether or not they expect it to rise, they definitely use currency as a store of value.

Bitcoin is what it is.  The label "cryptocurrency" is somewhat true, but that's just what people call it (and satoshi regarded it as digital cash, but he doesn't have to be right 100% of the time).  Bitcoin is the gateway to digital cash - it's like an alpha version of a game that can't have its code changed to a full version.  But unlike an alpha version of a game, it's very stable and effective for what it is, which is a means of transferring large transactions, trading between different online currencies, storing value, and verifying things on the blockchain. 
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 06:27:15 PM

uh huh. dangle a dollar in front of your average venezuelan and see whether they're interested in it or not. same goes for many nationalities around the world. they may not be designed to be, but they sometimes end up that way.
york780

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 06:27:39 PM

It will go like this:

-SegWit on LTC
-SegWit on BTC
-8mb on LTC
-8mb on BTC'
-scaling solved.
-BTC moons

The end.

I added more onto my post at the end as to why they might actually stop bitcoin from scaling on purpose in order to wreck it for profit while raising the value of the litecoins they bought for pennies in comparison.  Since someone made the bad judgement of requiring 95% approval for segwit on bitcoin, there is also the chance it never gets activated.  A government entity, bankers, or whoever could start up some miners and reject segwit while dumping the coins they mine for profit and basically block it perpetually for....FREE...NO COST.  Bitcoin will not scale without forking into two chains and having an enormous rough consensus attack at this point.

I will look into you post after I responded tho this.
We both know that its driven my money like everything.
When SegWit gets activated the price will go up significantly, miners will earn a shitload of money from this.
They also invested a shitload of money and that why they need SegWit.
They are just milking Roger Ver his pockets rightnow.
This gives us the chance to load more cheap 4-digits bitcoin.

Why would they block money?
I cant really find 1 reason.
Roger Ver will be outplayed by its own game.
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 06:31:21 PM

For most people, currencies are the only store of value.  People hold their money in bank accounts or in cash and regardless of whether or not they expect it to rise, they definitely use currency as a store of value.

Just because they pretend they're stores of value due to financial ignorance doesn't mean they are.  Another example is that I have relatives who make believe dividend paying stocks (whose average across the board on S&P is 2.3% or something) are somehow giving them free money.  The "official" inflation rate is something like 2.5-2.7% now (in reality probably a lot higher), so they're actually losing money by holding dividend stocks unless the stocks also rise with inflation.  

The stocks are at the top of a bubble though, so there's no reason for them to rise and it's just pure risk with no reward holding them.  Even in hyperinflation stocks don't keep up with inflation nearly as good as metals do.  You typically lose money holding stocks in hyperinflation while actually gaining purchasing power by holding metals.
york780

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 06:50:31 PM

this whole altcoin bubble is going end up so badly.

I expect that the most altcoins will drop with 40%.

So much blood.

ETH/ETC pushing eachother to the limit to fight over the ETH chain power.

1 of them will burst.

Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1075

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 06:51:16 PM

guys you see this....WOW,

https://www.reddit.com/r/Ripple/comments/68f1kl/japanese_banking_consortium_sbi_will_offer_xrp/

Japanese Banking Consortium SBI will offer BTC & XRP exchange directly to it's customers.... Shocked Shocked Shocked

http://www.sbigroup.co.jp/english/investors/disclosure/presentation/pdf/170301presentations.pdf
york780

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 06:53:19 PM

Thanks for the links, but I lost you at XRP.
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1075

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 06:54:50 PM

this whole altcoin bubble is going end up so badly.

I expect that the most altcoins will drop with 40%.

So much blood.

ETH/ETC pushing eachother to the limit to fight over the ETH chain power.  Cheesy

1 of them will burst.

dude you do bring a smile to my face lol
etcetera coin stands no chance....
btw wrong thread, lol

Pages: « 1 ... 16716 16717 16718 16719 16720 16721 16722 16723 16724 16725 16726 16727 16728 16729 16730 16731 16732 16733 16734 16735 16736 16737 16738 16739 16740 16741 16742 16743 16744 16745 16746 16747 16748 16749 16750 16751 16752 16753 16754 16755 16756 16757 16758 16759 16760 16761 16762 16763 16764 16765 [16766] 16767 16768 16769 16770 16771 16772 16773 16774 16775 16776 16777 16778 16779 16780 16781 16782 16783 16784 16785 16786 16787 16788 16789 16790 16791 16792 16793 16794 16795 16796 16797 16798 16799 16800 16801 16802 16803 16804 16805 16806 16807 16808 16809 16810 16811 16812 16813 16814 16815 16816 ... 33451 »
  Print  

Jump to: