June 27, 2024, 08:43:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 17464 17465 17466 17467 17468 17469 17470 17471 17472 17473 17474 17475 17476 17477 17478 17479 17480 17481 17482 17483 17484 17485 17486 17487 17488 17489 17490 17491 17492 17493 17494 17495 17496 17497 17498 17499 17500 17501 17502 17503 17504 17505 17506 17507 17508 17509 17510 17511 17512 17513 [17514] 17515 17516 17517 17518 17519 17520 17521 17522 17523 17524 17525 17526 17527 17528 17529 17530 17531 17532 17533 17534 17535 17536 17537 17538 17539 17540 17541 17542 17543 17544 17545 17546 17547 17548 17549 17550 17551 17552 17553 17554 17555 17556 17557 17558 17559 17560 17561 17562 17563 17564 ... 33486 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26407498 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
quetschiquetsch

Activity: 282
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 06:09:42 AM

True. I installed the Electron shitwallet on my cellphone and guess what? It changes THE REAL ELECTRUM config, so the Electrum started looking for my xpub on the shitcash chain. I had to uninstall and reinstall Electrum (just erasing the blockchain headers file did nothing) after recovering from the heart attack I had when I saw zero balance on my wallet...

that's just....poor, wow

I don´t want to advertise that (maybe shit) Electron Cash, but it worked smooth for me. Just installed it on another computer, transferred my BTC to another wallet, inserted the seed, got the BitCoinCash, sent them to an exchange, deleted electron cash and sent BTC to a new wallet...
I was just afraid this electron cash might steal my BitCoinCash, but nothing happened (except the things supposed to happen). So, i did not use it that much, but just for claiming the CashStuff it worked easy and fine for me...

Electron Cash searches for an existing Electrum wallet and overwrites it.

Thats why i used another machine (pretty old laptop i did not use for years and will hardly ever use again, probably except for claiming some other fork coins  Tongue). Electrum has never been there and electron cash has never seen my all day computer...

Were going on a weekend dump?  Shocked
What Does the charts saying?

I even don´t trust the charts or anything right now. 2-3 days ago it looked the same (even more bearish in my personal opinion) and then we got a 200$ pump Smiley
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 06:13:13 AM

Too early to dump clonecoin. I want 1k. Euro.
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 06:14:50 AM

BIP 141 (Segregated Witness) activation is scheduled to take place in: 761 Blocks <- 5.2 Days.
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 06:17:30 AM
Last edit: August 18, 2017, 06:35:45 AM by r0ach

I don't have anything against Gmaxwell, but comments like this point out that bitcoin is nothing more than a technocratic dictatorship:

the 2MB from segwit is more than enough for current loads

How can you even claim something is "decentralized" when people speak like this in the demeanor of a central planner in Beijing?  Yea yea, we've heard the "only rocket scientists should be allowed to design the rockets" meme before, but there's no reason anyone should willfully submit themselves to a technocracy when you can live as a free man with no ruler and just use gold and silver instead.  Bitcoin is a step BACKWARDS in freedom, not forwards.

Centralized mining, centralized development, price based on artificial scarcity of coin count, fee system that doesn't work without artificial scarcity of block size.  The whole thing is honestly a complete joke compared to metals.  If anything is based around magic numbers and artificial scarcity, any price above zero is also going to be artificial.  

Promoting that everyone on earth use the same artificially scaling constrained coin is also an extreme pro-usury stance since it's inevitable fees would be astronomical (LN doesn't work in a decentralized manner either to fix that). The only way to fix it would be a dynamic block size like Monero, but then people would just pile onto it and it would cease functionining and implode anyway.  There are no solutions to any of this stuff.  All roads in digital currency lead to a huge step backwards from gold and silver in terms of sound money and freedom.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2017, 06:52:27 AM

Why did BCC rise back some on pretty strong volume.   Is that just random or for some reason relating to bitcoin at all.

I'm looking at the price action for August on Kraken and the whole of August we've been in a regular price channel.   Thats very strong action, dont even normally see this because bitcoin is so volatile its too loose to keep something regular normally attributed to maybe stocks in movement.  

I spotted a few people talking negatively, maybe surrounding the 4,000 line but its acting strong overall up until it breaks that channel.  Actually last day or so it was trying to break out upwards if anything Cheesy

A week or so ago someone queried why Ver doesn't just dump all of his bitcoins into bcash to pump the price. His response was something along the lines of "I'm seriously considering doing this". Perhaps this was that action.
quetschiquetsch

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 07:11:06 AM

Mhm, I´am afraid BTC is really on his way to become more and more successful. There have been times when Roachi´s statements where at least worth answering it, but now he seems to run out of troll fud, he just keeps posting the same rigged "arguments" (what a shame to use this word in this situation) full of simply wrong statements and conclusions.... Not even worth to point out, where and why he is wrong because it´s clear for 99% of the readers anyway... roachi, this is to much, you are overshooting it. Loosing all your troll credibilities, what a pity  Roll Eyes
quetschiquetsch

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 07:14:12 AM

Why did BCC rise back some on pretty strong volume.   Is that just random or for some reason relating to bitcoin at all.

I'm looking at the price action for August on Kraken and the whole of August we've been in a regular price channel.   Thats very strong action, dont even normally see this because bitcoin is so volatile its too loose to keep something regular normally attributed to maybe stocks in movement.  

I spotted a few people talking negatively, maybe surrounding the 4,000 line but its acting strong overall up until it breaks that channel.  Actually last day or so it was trying to break out upwards if anything Cheesy

A week or so ago someone queried why Ver doesn't just dump all of his bitcoins into bcash to pump the price. His response was something along the lines of "I'm seriously considering doing this". Perhaps this was that action.

I´am not sure that this is/was it... I expect some further pumps coming in. They adjust their difficulty down, pump the price up and it will be most probably more effective (considering earning money) to mine the BitCoinCash chain for a while... I would keep pumping it then. There won´t hardly come better and easier situations to step in to the spotlight. Am I wrong?
ghandi

Activity: 569
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 07:16:23 AM

Whoever thinks bitcoin can't be destroyed with ease when it's network traffic isn't even obfuscated should take a look at the case of The Daily Stormer, who big corporations have essentially censored it from the internet in a time span of two days:

https://blog.cloudflare.com/why-we-terminated-daily-stormer/

https://www.rferl.org/a/u-s-neo-nazi-website-russian-domain-daily-stormer/28680409.html

First they came for the nazis, but I didn't speak out, because I was not a nazi.

You understand the technical differences between a server-based Hosting and DDoS Protection and a decentralized peer-to-peer Network?

Doesn't matter.  The Cloudflare CEO guy's point was clear, that there is already a monopoly on the internet where all it takes is a couple of corporations - let's say ISP providers such as Comcast and AT&T - to blacklist something and it's gone if the traffic is not completely obfuscated.  You can't blacklist gold and silver from existing, but the internet is already a corporate and/or government monopoly so it's not hard to do with anything here.  

Without the govt even outlawing something, corporations can destroy it just as easy.  Yea yea, you can then log onto a Somalian bitcoin exchange via proxy after all 1st world mining and exchanges are shut down, but nobody even accepts bitcoin in native form.  The only places that accept bitcoin do so with Bitpay and immediately convert to fiat.  Remove the ability to convert to fiat and bitcoin is useless.  It's current existence is a centralized currency that's a derivative of another currency, while only gold and silver are actually money.

The only reason the government allows this nonsense to exist for now is to try and acclimate the goyim into the de-cashing of society and integration into a digital only slave currency control grid.  That and to try and prevent people from buying gold and silver because the market is stretched too thin and they're running out of metals to deliver which would blow up their ponzi.

I'm sorry, but you got this thing wrong. You cannot easily shutdown Bitcoin without taking down the whole Internet. When the big ISP block the default Bitcoin-Port (8333) we simply switch to something they can't block like Port 80 (HTTP) or 443 (HTTPS). They can't take down these Ports, without taking down the entire WorldWideWeb. Bitcoin uses a mesh-approach. You only need one Bitcoin-Node as a gateway and you can reach the whole Bitcoin Network.

It only gets troublesome when they start to depp-packet-inspect the traffic and filter on protocol level. But then we already live like China behind a great firewall and got other problems to deal with. Smiley
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 07:20:26 AM

Centralized mining, centralized development, price based on artificial scarcity of coin count, fee system that doesn't work without artificial scarcity of block size.  The whole thing is honestly a complete joke compared to metals.  

"Centralized mining": competition will rise, see Russia announcing to enter in mining and chip production.

"artificial scarcity": money has to be scarce to have value. artificial money calls for artificial scarcity.

"fee system": see above, but I have my reservation about the BTC fee system: full blocks and large mempool means that fees are underpriced.

"Promoting that everyone on earth use the same artificially scaling constrained coin": who is that BTC maximalist? let many coins blossom and the market will choose.

"a huge step backwards from gold and silver":  You can't strike gold by holding gold. Crypto is for speculation and other advantages. Gold is just to sleep well.
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 07:28:05 AM

I'm sorry, but you got this thing wrong. You cannot easily shutdown Bitcoin without taking down the whole Internet.

Yea right, even if you change the ports, you're not using randomized ports, and even if so, the ISPs can still detect who is running bitcoin nodes or other activity on their network and just say "sorry, we're turning off your connection because we do not support people laundering money with bitcoin", or whatever other excuse they want to make.  The corporations would even run their own nodes as a honeypot to sniff people out.  It's mostly a stupid argument since governments are far more likely to eradicate bitcoin through legislation than by pseudo-govt entities like Google, Comcast, or AT&T doing it under a corporate umbrella, but still, corporations can put a big dent into bitcoin viability if they want.
orpington

Activity: 784
Merit: 512

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 07:32:37 AM

I'm sorry, but you got this thing wrong. You cannot easily shutdown Bitcoin without taking down the whole Internet.

Yea right, even if you change the ports, you're not using randomized ports, and even if so, the ISPs can still detect who is running bitcoin nodes or other activity on their network and just say "sorry, we're turning off your connection because we do not support people laundering money with bitcoin", or whatever other excuse they want to make.  It's mostly a stupid argument since governments are far more likely to eradicate bitcoin through legislation than by pseudo-govt entities like Google, Comcast, or AT&T doing it under a corporate umbrella, but still, corporations can put a big dent into bitcoin viability if they want.

Well, I for one do appreciate that you are just trying to "save us all" lol
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 07:35:44 AM
Last edit: August 18, 2017, 08:06:41 AM by r0ach

Yea right, even if you change the ports, you're not using randomized ports, and even if so, the ISPs can still detect who is running bitcoin nodes or other activity on their network and just say "sorry, we're turning off your connection because we do not support people laundering money with bitcoin", or whatever other excuse they want to make.  The corporations would even run their own nodes as a honeypot to sniff people out.  It's mostly a stupid argument since governments are far more likely to eradicate bitcoin through legislation than by pseudo-govt entities like Google, Comcast, or AT&T doing it under a corporate umbrella, but still, corporations can put a big dent into bitcoin viability if they want.

The fact that a guy was essentially banned from the entire internet (the daily stormer - the #2320 most popular website in America) and prevented from running a website or practicing free speech (because jews don't want the goyim to know what they're doing like destroying 1st world white nations by flooding them with rapefugees on purpose) while not actually breaking any law is kind of an Orwellian precedent whether you like the site or not.

Daily Stormer - #2320 in popularity
Infowars.com - #828
MSNBC          - #529

As you can see, the zionist propaganda outlets like CNN, MSNBC, etc, are starting to get worried their propaganda is collapsing and no longer fools people.
aesma

Activity: 2450
Merit: 924

fly or die

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 08:05:21 AM

I guess I bought BCH to match my BTC at the right moment. Now I'm golden and it doesn't even look like a bad deal.
aesma

fly or die

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 08:12:16 AM

BTW, in what country can I actually buy something with gold or silver, I'm curious ?

In my country I certainly can't, the only possibility is with Euro silver or gold coins, they are legal tender, however the face value is only loosely related to the metal content.

Then there are special taxes for gold purchases making it extremely unattractive.
ghandi

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 08:12:40 AM

Yea right, even if you change the ports, you're not using randomized ports, and even if so, the ISPs can still detect who is running bitcoin nodes or other activity on their network and just say "sorry, we're turning off your connection because we do not support people laundering money with bitcoin", or whatever other excuse they want to make.  The corporations would even run their own nodes as a honeypot to sniff people out.  It's mostly a stupid argument since governments are far more likely to eradicate bitcoin through legislation than by pseudo-govt entities like Google, Comcast, or AT&T doing it under a corporate umbrella, but still, corporations can put a big dent into bitcoin viability if they want.

The fact that a guy was essentially banned from the entire internet (the daily stormer - the #2320 most popular website in America) and prevented from running a website or practicing free speech (because jews don't want the goyim to know what they're doing like destroying 1st world white nations by flooding them with rapefugees on purpose) while not actually breaking any law is kind of an Orwellian precedent whether you like the site or not.

Daily Stormer - #2320 in popularity
Infowars.com - #828
MSNBC          - #529

As you can see, the zionist propaganda outlets like CNN, MSNBC, etc, are starting to get worried their propaganda is collapsing and no longer fools people.

Free speech in the US is kind of weird (in my personal opinion). I live in germany. We have free speech too, it's simply part of our human rights. But we also have another very important rule: Your human rights end there, where you intersect the human rights of somebody else. Which to me is a really reasonable limitation.

With this mindset, i totaly understand to take down the daily stormer. Because harrassing a casualty doesn't meet my interpretation of "free speech".

But the CloudFlare CEO himself points out, that he shouldn't be the person to decide that. In a democracy you got division of powers. And this division seems to be missing so far.

One can deem the CEO for doing that. But i think more important is to think of a way on how to agree on what to remove and what not. Even though germany and the us share the same "western mindset" the decision on this case would be diffrent. And now start to think to find agreements with the whole world on these kind of things. We are all fine with gay content on the internet. But saudi arabia isn't. Where do we start to take compromises, where to we start to stand for our democratical achievements? As always: It's complicated, but still not the end of the world. Smiley

// But let's head back to topic here. Smiley
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 08:36:22 AM

I live in germany. We have free speech too, it's simply part of our human rights.

I'm sorry to say it but you don't have free speech in Germany. If a refugee rapes a German girl journalists, newspapers, tv stations are not allowed to report such news. If they do so, they'll immediately be sent to jail for spreading religious and racial hatred.
aesma

fly or die

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 08:59:09 AM

I live in germany. We have free speech too, it's simply part of our human rights.

I'm sorry to say it but you don't have free speech in Germany. If a refugee rapes a German girl journalists, newspapers, tv stations are not allowed to report such news. If they do so, they'll immediately be sent to jail for spreading religious and racial hatred.

I guess the absolute free speech you enjoy in the US has the side effect that lies become truth for many of you.
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 12381

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 09:02:38 AM

Are we going to see A dump or ATH this weekend ? Maybe Just the same +- 4250-4350 like it is now.....
aesma

fly or die

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 09:02:50 AM

True. I installed the Electron shitwallet on my cellphone and guess what? It changes THE REAL ELECTRUM config, so the Electrum started looking for my xpub on the shitcash chain. I had to uninstall and reinstall Electrum (just erasing the blockchain headers file did nothing) after recovering from the heart attack I had when I saw zero balance on my wallet...

that's just....poor, wow

I don´t want to advertise that (maybe shit) Electron Cash, but it worked smooth for me. Just installed it on another computer, transferred my BTC to another wallet, inserted the seed, got the BitCoinCash, sent them to an exchange, deleted electron cash and sent BTC to a new wallet...
I was just afraid this electron cash might steal my BitCoinCash, but nothing happened (except the things supposed to happen). So, i did not use it that much, but just for claiming the CashStuff it worked easy and fine for me...

Electron Cash searches for an existing Electrum wallet and overwrites it.

It should make a copy as that would give you your BCash, without an impact on Electrum.

But in reality it looks like Electron Crash was made in a hurry without consideration for such things.

I only use the not recommended Electrum portable version so no problem for me.
ghandi

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 09:15:21 AM

Well, if that is what you believe in what is happening here, than i can tell you, you are wrong. But you are free to believe it anyway. Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 17464 17465 17466 17467 17468 17469 17470 17471 17472 17473 17474 17475 17476 17477 17478 17479 17480 17481 17482 17483 17484 17485 17486 17487 17488 17489 17490 17491 17492 17493 17494 17495 17496 17497 17498 17499 17500 17501 17502 17503 17504 17505 17506 17507 17508 17509 17510 17511 17512 17513 [17514] 17515 17516 17517 17518 17519 17520 17521 17522 17523 17524 17525 17526 17527 17528 17529 17530 17531 17532 17533 17534 17535 17536 17537 17538 17539 17540 17541 17542 17543 17544 17545 17546 17547 17548 17549 17550 17551 17552 17553 17554 17555 17556 17557 17558 17559 17560 17561 17562 17563 17564 ... 33486 »
  Print  

Jump to: