June 19, 2024, 12:27:37 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 17612 17613 17614 17615 17616 17617 17618 17619 17620 17621 17622 17623 17624 17625 17626 17627 17628 17629 17630 17631 17632 17633 17634 17635 17636 17637 17638 17639 17640 17641 17642 17643 17644 17645 17646 17647 17648 17649 17650 17651 17652 17653 17654 17655 17656 17657 17658 17659 17660 17661 [17662] 17663 17664 17665 17666 17667 17668 17669 17670 17671 17672 17673 17674 17675 17676 17677 17678 17679 17680 17681 17682 17683 17684 17685 17686 17687 17688 17689 17690 17691 17692 17693 17694 17695 17696 17697 17698 17699 17700 17701 17702 17703 17704 17705 17706 17707 17708 17709 17710 17711 17712 ... 33460 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26403109 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 06:55:58 PM

satoshi's (who is dead by the way)

Evidence?

For all practical purposes, he is dead.

<<blather blather blather -ed>>

Retraction of indefensible assertion duly noted.
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 07:08:37 PM

satoshi's (who is dead by the way)

Evidence?

Don't bother with him... =))) ... he's trolling you! ... Go check his coins and you will see that some time ago, he/she moved from some bigger wallets to smaller wallets some of his coins. Smiley

( He/she/they is/are clearly waiting for the world to get some kind of better democracy system. )

*edit(0):  The psychological profile of "the satoshi" entity/clan is simple. They just don't care anymore, what happens next, happens! And from what I suspect, is that they invested in mining equipment and they bought assets like homes all over the world. (At least 10 countries)

*edit(1): Their most important goals now is their health, longevity, stability & safety, financial politics, software development. They seem to be artists, they are trying to find their next thing that they can develop.

evidence?

XD
Icygreen
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1135

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 07:24:24 PM

Well I was prepared to attend the icygreen show just to get my 10% but I didn't see a reply to my post inquiring about it.
 What are you a Bitcoin Busker?

I had considered sharing details of my show/identity but when I interpreted your remarks as belittling,  "The Icygreen show" and "bitcoin Busker" I decided anonymity on this forum was in my best interests.

Sorry, Bitcoin Street Performer it is.  

I started to think perhaps it was the money that turned you into a douche but I see from your early posts slagging others isn't a new thing. Congratulations on becoming the first on my ignore list.
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 07:31:58 PM

Meanwhile back in the land of the Red Dragon.

Some fresh Chinese newses (7.30 this morning)

China's block chain industry is expected to walk in the forefront of the world  (Hint: Google  chrome will translate  it for ya)

http://www.gov.cn/xinwen/2017-09/05/content_5222688.htm?from=groupmessage&isappinstalled=0

Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 5069

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 07:33:52 PM

Quote from: Peter R.
"That seems bad to me because that it will seem like those UASF hats made a difference."
Someone needs to tell Peter R. that the UASF hats echoed the sentiment of the economic majority. Not his little tribal clan of big blockers who seem to want to derail Bitcoin decentralization at all costs.   Roll Eyes

And if he hadn't noticed, the price rallied on SegWit lock-in and activation.  Roll Eyes

So many trojan horse agents of evil milling around in the Bitcoin ecosphere...
thisisntbic

Activity: 61
Merit: 47

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 07:38:23 PM

it takes less than a grand to pump that ole girl up, so why not? may as well.
also they've got a scamference coming up where Jihan's gonna pump it some more, so they need it not to die just yet.
When is this wonderful free money event due to take place?
20-21/09 http://bitkan.com/event?from=bitkanen#features
other conferences with fewer scammers are available

tl;dr - Ver/Wu falsely support opponents of Bitcoin with a "better" coin that is doomed to fail from the start, while pumping opponents money into Bitcoin, and giving Bitcoin a real world, live quality assurance test that proves Bitcoin's resiliency.

---------------

So, I've been thinking about this, and bear with me as this "thinking" was more a bar napkin idea one night out with friends haha. McAfee said that Wu was the smartest person he knows (paraphrasing?). I wondered why he would say that; is it based on anything real, or is it more McAfee being his ridiculous self? I tried to look at it from another perspective than what I see from either side of the debate on this forum and reddit.

What if Ver/Wu team are not scamming Bitcoin faithful, but more so the big blockers and other opponents to Bitcoin? There have been how many attempts to create and overtake Bitcoin with an alternative (BCH, BU, etc)? All but BCH are/have been forgotten; I certainly don't remember most of them. What if all along they are proving Bitcoin really is the ideal coin?:

- Opponents say Bitcoin needs *something. //whatever the flavor of the month is; currently big blocks
- Build up hype, agree with them.
- Spin off Bitcoin *something (BS) alt coin at some arbitrary price implementing these ideas.
- BTC faithful dump BS to supporters of BS, pumping money into BTC that wouldn't have been there initially (aka, round about forcing opponents to put their money into BTC), essentially creating what looks like free money/BTC to us.
- BTC proves it is better and outlasts BS, solidifying it's ability to withstand huge pressures from internal conflicts  (as if this is a live QA test; BTC has shown its resiliency to many outside forces already).
- Repeat with next idea opponents to core say BTC needs via new BS coin.
- ?
- Profit Wink

OK, now tell me why I'm dumb Smiley haha.
empowering
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1441

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 07:44:13 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2017, 09:11:00 PM by empowering

Meanwhile back in the land of the Red Dragon.

Some fresh Chinese newses (7.30 this morning)

China's block chain industry is expected to walk in the forefront of the world  (Hint: Google  chrome will translate  it for ya)

http://www.gov.cn/xinwen/2017-09/05/content_5222688.htm?from=groupmessage&isappinstalled=0

Curious... I wonder why? I shall try to find out.

In the meantime here is what was there verbatim (allowing for translation error)

China's block chain industry is expected to walk in the forefront of the world
2017-09-05 07:30  

China has the world's largest Internet application market, block chain industry has to walk in the forefront of the world's many favorable conditions. The diversification of the application scene has promoted the rapid development of the block chain technology. But at the same time, the speed problem has seriously restricted the block chain to multi-scene application. China's enterprises need to absorb the world's top scientific and technological resources, the establishment of China's chain of ecological chain, to speed up the pace of technological research
Recently, the Ministry of Industry directly under the China Electronic Information Industry Development Research Institute in conjunction with Beijing Tiande Technology Co., Ltd. initiated the establishment of the CCID (Qingdao) block chain research institute settled in Qingdao. China's thousands of people plan experts, Beihang digital technology and block chain laboratory director Cai Weide become the project chief scientist. He believes that China's block chain industry is expected to walk in the forefront of the world.
The block chain is a distributed database system that is difficult to tamper with and is hard to forge and traceable. The block chain records all the information that is traded, and once the data enters the block chain, even the internal staff is hard Which made any changes without being found. This feature determines its application with the Internet are inseparable. "Cai Weide told reporters," the application of the larger scene, the richer, block chain technology and industry development will be faster.China has the world On the largest Internet application market, so the block chain industry has to go in the forefront of the world's many favorable conditions. "
Currently, block chains have been applied in multiple areas. August 28, the first block of domestic chain power business "media purchase" available, this is the world's first block of chain power business; August 17, "Baidu Chang'an new days wind 2017 the first phase of asset support Special plan "approved by the Shanghai Stock Exchange, Baidu Financial as its technical service providers to build a block chain service side BaaS; Not long ago, the letter love the United States love the rescue account using the ant gold chain technology, with the algorithm and technology architecture to solve a number of weak Trust the trust between institutions, build a trust mechanism.
Cai Weide that the application of the scene diversity, is the rapid development of block chain technology, the biggest driving force. "Traditional block chain technology is slow, such as bit 1 second can only do 3 transactions, the Shanghai Stock Exchange trading volume of tens of thousands of penis per second.If you can not solve the speed problem, the block chain multi-scene application is not May be promoted. "
Strong market demand and technical barriers between the contradictions, prompting many technology companies to speed up research. In March, Beijing Tiande Technology Co., Ltd. released a new generation of block chain system high-tech one, in a clearing house measured the average transaction speed of more than 4,000 per second; its trial in the latest system, has done to deal with 3.33 billion per second Transaction. From 2008 to 2017, China's number of patent applications in the field of block chain technology in the world, submitted a total of 550 patent applications, more than ranked second in the United States (284 patent applications).
Cai Weide that this does not mean that China has been the world's first in the chain area. To really walk in the forefront of the world, the need to create an open ecosystem, to take the sharing model, absorb the world's top scientific and technological resources to reduce the unnecessary competition in order to ensure that China is walking in the forefront of the world block chain industry.
"In view of this, CCID block chain research institute will be the joint financial research institutions, the national large data (Guizhou) comprehensive experimental area block chain Internet laboratory, Qingdao Tiande letter chain Information Technology Co., Ltd. and other units, the establishment of China block chain Ecological alliance, and will launch three national key industry implementation plan.
Cai Weide said, first of all to establish a Chinese chain chain sandbox plan. The plan includes an industrial sandbox, umbrella sandbox and regulatory sandbox. Among them, the industrial sandbox is under the guidance of the industry alliance by the enterprise self-test and assessment work; umbrella sandbox by the government regulatory support, commissioned by the authority to assess the block chain; regulatory sandbox is developed by the industry to a certain extent, and supervision After the mechanism is mature, the chain is evaluated directly by the regulatory body. "The first phase of the first launch of the industrial sandbox, will work closely with regulators to promote the umbrella sandbox and regulatory sandbox construction.
Cai Weide said that the second plan is to set up Qingdao block chain sandbox research center. The center will promote the China Chain Chain Sandbox program, through the government, financial institutions, universities and research institutes, industry funds and technology companies to study and expand the sandbox plan. The establishment of Internet of things, electronic payment, insurance, logistics, medical, customs block chain sandbox.
"The last plan is to build an open, shared block chain sandbox testing and monitoring platform that has built our first platform prototype to support block chain automation, supporting financial regulation, food and drug traceability, logistics tracking, payment Clear settlement and other block chain applications. "Cai Weide said. (Reporter Liu Cheng)

Ok just found this cached  version  :  http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:8iBWH5FWF-sJ:www.gov.cn/xinwen/2017-09/05/content_5222688.htm+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

Looks like this was posted in the "News" section of the gov.cn site - possibly from http://www.economicdaily.com.cn  (though cannot find Liu Cheng there - I may give them a call see if I can talk to her)

i also looked for her in the list of spokespersons for the Red party- she is not there either...I may though ring them up too -  I imagine the call going something like this  "now look here my little Chinese friend what is the bloody meaning of this chicanery hmmmm? do be a good chap and run along and get this all sorted will you - money to be made, boats to be sunk ,  you do understand don't you old boy?  While you are at it see if Pres Xi is available for a face to face so we can sort this mess out once and for all hey?"

Never hear from me again

xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 8263

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 07:50:39 PM

Well I was prepared to attend the icygreen show just to get my 10% but I didn't see a reply to my post inquiring about it.
 What are you a Bitcoin Busker?

I had considered sharing details of my show/identity but when I interpreted your remarks as belittling,  "The Icygreen show" and "bitcoin Busker" I decided anonymity on this forum was in my best interests.

Sorry, Bitcoin Street Performer it is.  

I started to think perhaps it was the money that turned you into a douche but I see from your early posts slagging others isn't a new thing. Congratulations on becoming the first on my ignore list.

Well it's painfully obvious you aren't a Busker but I still would have supported a fellow Canadian and come.to your show.  Thanks for the public flogging.

Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:34:27 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2017, 07:45:34 AM by Last of the V8s

tl;dr - Ver/Wu falsely support opponents of Bitcoin with a "better" coin that is doomed to fail from the start, while pumping opponents money into Bitcoin, and giving Bitcoin a real world, live quality assurance test that proves Bitcoin's resiliency.

[sic]

you are right that they proved Bitcoin's resilience, but this was only inadvertent.
as to their support being false, it's possible but imnvho unlikely.
neither is really that clever, although Wu was great at getting the asic rig manufacturing done.
I get this mostly from watching the recent videos of them both - Ver/Heart and Wu/deRose. edit: Theo Goodman
Also confirmed by the Chinese miners vid the other day.

BCH pumping pretty hard today.
I hope that means Roger is losing money...
Maybe the opposite.

Then who be pumping  Huh

Oh. I thought he meant 'Roger's making money by pumping'. No?
erre
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:36:35 PM

Maybe the opposite.

Then who be pumping  Huh

Who else would buy this shit if not Roger and his friends?
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Be a bank

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:38:16 PM

Maybe the opposite.

Then who be pumping  Huh

The daft Korean newbs
erre
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:42:02 PM

Maybe the opposite.

Then who be pumping  Huh

The daft Korean newbs

Kim jong un  Smiley Smiley Smiley Grin
erre
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:45:23 PM

You really opened my mind, now I understand who is buying all the bcc

Last of the V8s
Legendary

Be a bank

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:47:15 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2017, 08:57:19 PM by Last of the V8s

Lol yes. N Korea was the first nation state reported by the MSM to be mining bitcoin.
No Roger has connections all round the Far East, can pump bch at the exchanges and at this conference mentioned^.
also Wu is a bit of a god it seems to lotsa Chinese miners - they do as he says - all the while hating him for mining for a month before sending them their rigs.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 4386

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:56:22 PM

all the while hating him for mining for a month before sending them their rigs.

I know the feeling...

What ever happened to that Josh motherfucker anyway?
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Be a bank

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:58:32 PM

all the while hating him for mining for a month before sending them their rigs.

I know the feeling...

What ever happened to that Josh motherfucker anyway?

so many Josh motherfuckers in that game.

guess you mean the butterfly labs one? idk sorry
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 4386

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 09:04:15 PM

yeah...that one...

Last of the V8s
Legendary

Be a bank

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 09:09:45 PM

yeah...that one...

ooh I say

and was just about to say BobLawblaw seems to know a thing or 2 about all that
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=114329.msg18783000#msg18783000

JOSHUA ZERLAN,
Serve: Joshua Zerlan 26163 W 108th Terrace Olathe, KS 66061
Defendants.
Cause No. Division No.
PLAINTIFF DEMANDS  TRIAL BY JURY

COMPLAINT

Plaintiff Marc Bevand brings this Complaint for violations of the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (“RICO”), breach of contract, unjust enrichment, conversion and violation of the Missouri Merchandising Practices Act (“MMPA”) against Defendants BF Labs, Inc. d/b/a Butterfly Labs, Sonny Vleisides, Darla Jo Drake a/k/a Jody Drake, Jeff Ownby, and Joshua Zerlan (collectively (“Defendants”).

NATURE OF THE ACTION

1. Plaintiff seeks recovery of the purchase price and consequential damages for Bitcoin mining machines Plaintiff purchased from Defendants but which Plaintiff never received, and for which Plaintiff never received a refund, despite multiple promises of a refund over several years.

2. This suit also seeks treble damages and attorneys’ fees under RICO for Defendants’ illegal scheme to obtain customers’ money by making fraudulent statements via mail, wire, and the internet, omitting and concealing material information in order to induce customers to make pre-payments for non-existent Bitcoin mining equipment, failing to ship Bitcoin mining equipment orders for which Plaintiff pre-paid, profiting from Bitcoin mining for Defendants’ own benefit using Plaintiff’s equipment without permission or authorization from Plaintiff, and retaining both the prepayments and the equipment ordered by Plaintiff without providing a refund.
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Be a bank

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 09:54:48 PM

wow testing private blockchains https://www.scribd.com/document/358181061/Ecb-stella-Project-Report-September-2017
tl;dr they don't work duh
surix

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 10:52:18 PM

Can I understand Segwit 2x like this:

Let's say:
-  most of the initial NYA miners switch to Segwit 2x (BTC1), which represents >80% of total hashing power;
-  most of the nodes (>80%) stayed with core (as of today: 6344 core nodes vs 184 BTC1 nodes, source: coindance; perhaps we can throw in also bitcoin 920 ABC nodes and 694 BU nodes to BTC1 side?)

In this case, hard fork happens, and Segwit 2x coin gets >80% of hashing power but only <20% nodes;
Core coin gets <20% of hashing power but >80% nodes;

Then which one is Bitcoin? the one with more hashing power? Or more nodes (users?)?

I'm very confused.
Pages: « 1 ... 17612 17613 17614 17615 17616 17617 17618 17619 17620 17621 17622 17623 17624 17625 17626 17627 17628 17629 17630 17631 17632 17633 17634 17635 17636 17637 17638 17639 17640 17641 17642 17643 17644 17645 17646 17647 17648 17649 17650 17651 17652 17653 17654 17655 17656 17657 17658 17659 17660 17661 [17662] 17663 17664 17665 17666 17667 17668 17669 17670 17671 17672 17673 17674 17675 17676 17677 17678 17679 17680 17681 17682 17683 17684 17685 17686 17687 17688 17689 17690 17691 17692 17693 17694 17695 17696 17697 17698 17699 17700 17701 17702 17703 17704 17705 17706 17707 17708 17709 17710 17711 17712 ... 33460 »
  Print  

Jump to: