June 19, 2024, 03:57:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 17619 17620 17621 17622 17623 17624 17625 17626 17627 17628 17629 17630 17631 17632 17633 17634 17635 17636 17637 17638 17639 17640 17641 17642 17643 17644 17645 17646 17647 17648 17649 17650 17651 17652 17653 17654 17655 17656 17657 17658 17659 17660 17661 17662 17663 17664 17665 17666 17667 17668 [17669] 17670 17671 17672 17673 17674 17675 17676 17677 17678 17679 17680 17681 17682 17683 17684 17685 17686 17687 17688 17689 17690 17691 17692 17693 17694 17695 17696 17697 17698 17699 17700 17701 17702 17703 17704 17705 17706 17707 17708 17709 17710 17711 17712 17713 17714 17715 17716 17717 17718 17719 ... 33461 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26403211 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 10418

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 07:55:41 AM

[edited out]

Charlie Lee (SatoshiLite)  - a clear No 2X supporter AND his fanboys voted more than 50% FOR the 2x ...

So we see too much FUD in the forums - relax and see the 2nd step of the compromise in the making

https://twitter.com/SatoshiLite/status/904565466667958273

Sure Twitter vote results are mostly rubbish, but given his followers + bias this is more than funny.

That poll hardly says anything about segwit2x, except that the responders to the poll are divided.. .. and if the ultimate deciders are divided, then likely segwit2x will not go through because in order to go through it is going to need overwhelming consensus rather than some random divided group about some vague topic about what the fuck iit is that they are supposedly supporting, exactly.

... exactly same as with SW ... 

Are you fucking nuts?  It is not "exactly same as with SW".

Come out from under the bridge, hv_.  Segwit is already a done deal.  Where have you been?  Segwit was locked in, and then it was activated.  Hello?  The same is not true about 2x blah blah blah...

The segwit ship has sailed, are you going to jump on board or live in the past in some kind of fantasy world, acting as if it still is an issue... done deal = segwit.  Are you with me?  You understand?

so to unify such a division / split there was this SW2x compromise (first step to get UASF guys into the boat, second  all the rest) - hope you get this some time, but this might be not important here. We should rather concentrate on good discussion behavior  agreed?

You seem to be referring to the past..... We are beyond that.  We are now in segwitlandia. Have you heard of segwitlandia?  That is where we are at.

On the other hand, sure there is an ongoing proposal about whether bitcoin should hardfork in a segwit2x hardfork.. that portion is not accomplished but merely a proposal and discussion point that seems to be a long way from consensus.  Segwit, on the other hand, has ALREADY ACHIEVED CONSENSUS.  That is correct!!!!!

Anyhow, I am not disagreeing about folks talking about 2x and wanting to get 2x; however, i am asserting that at this time, it appears that 2x does not have a very high level of consensus and is is not likely to be passed under the current bitcoin ruleset which requires a high level of consensus to get locked in and thereafter activated.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 08:02:42 AM

..., I have been participating substantively in this thread way fucking longer than you, ...

Serious question, JJG - do you think that this entitles you to some sort of special deference?

Seriously, I don't raise such status card too often; however, it should cause me some deference

Dude... get over yourself. This is your first Bitcoin pump, right?

I mean, I salute you for sticking with it through the long winter of 2014 (that lasted years)*, but you have no fucking idea. Go stand in the corner until you've been through _several_ boom/bust cycles.

* no, really - I do

With a dunce hat on, contemplating how stupid your 'deference' pronouncement sounds.

Stop trying to proclaim some kind of patronizing expertise when it comes to bitcoin exponential growth periods and/or your supposed informed life experiences. 

There is no exact litmus test that qualifies participation;

Jeebus. You're like a leaf, shaking in the wind.

Pick a position and _own_ it, ferchrissakes. Your spineless situational adaptation is laid bare... for all to observe.

ONLY you, jbreher, seem to be astute enough to detect such vulnerable traits within me.  You smartie pants, you.   Kiss Kiss 
Addressed

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 08:10:36 AM

We are closer to the $5000 mark, gotta test those resistance https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoin-ethereum-litecoin-price-analysis
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 08:50:58 AM

No, my claim is that fees are ~1000x more on a Bitcoin Segwit transaction as compared to a Bitcoin Cash transaction.

There are more than 900 altcoins and their tx fees are 1000x less compared to a Bitcoin tx fee. Are they better money than Bitcoin? What's your point, dumby?
bitcoinPsycho
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 2183

$120000 in 2024 Confirmed

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 08:59:21 AM

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/07/bitcoin-up-sevenfold-since-warren-buffett-warned-digital-currency-was-a-mirage.html

Lol
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 09:03:53 AM

Putting all those paid shills for BCH/x2 altcoin aside, back to relevant things:

Bitstamp | Total bids: 56299221 USD. Total asks: 2853 BTC. Ratio: 19732.79138 USD/BTC. | Data vintage: 0.0167 seconds
Today marks the first day (at least based on my own observations) that we've had $56 million in bids on Bitstamp. I've been querying this several times through the days, and the asks were mostly the ones fluctuating.
Today we've beaten the previous high:
Bitstamp | Total bids: 57956573 USD. Total asks: 2415 BTC. Ratio: 23989.41228 USD/BTC. | Data vintage: 0.0161 seconds
hv_
Legendary

Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 09:10:46 AM

[edited out]

Charlie Lee (SatoshiLite)  - a clear No 2X supporter AND his fanboys voted more than 50% FOR the 2x ...

So we see too much FUD in the forums - relax and see the 2nd step of the compromise in the making

Sure Twitter vote results are mostly rubbish, but given his followers + bias this is more than funny.

That poll hardly says anything about segwit2x, except that the responders to the poll are divided.. .. and if the ultimate deciders are divided, then likely segwit2x will not go through because in order to go through it is going to need overwhelming consensus rather than some random divided group about some vague topic about what the fuck iit is that they are supposedly supporting, exactly.

Come out from under the bridge, hv_.  Segwit is already a done deal.  Where have you been?  Segwit was locked in, and then it was activated.  Hello?  The same is not true about 2x blah blah blah...

The segwit ship has sailed, are you going to jump on board or live in the past in some kind of fantasy world, acting as if it still is an issue... done deal = segwit.  Are you with me?  You understand?

so to unify such a division / split there was this SW2x compromise (first step to get UASF guys into the boat, second  all the rest) - hope you get this some time, but this might be not important here. We should rather concentrate on good discussion behavior  agreed?

You seem to be referring to the past..... We are beyond that.  We are now in segwitlandia. Have you heard of segwitlandia?  That is where we are at.

On the other hand, sure there is an ongoing proposal about whether bitcoin should hardfork in a segwit2x hardfork.. that portion is not accomplished but merely a proposal and discussion point that seems to be a long way from consensus.  Segwit, on the other hand, has ALREADY ACHIEVED CONSENSUS.  That is correct!!!!!

Anyhow, I am not disagreeing about folks talking about 2x and wanting to get 2x; however, i am asserting that at this time, it appears that 2x does not have a very high level of consensus and is is not likely to be passed under the current bitcoin ruleset which requires a high level of consensus to get locked in and thereafter activated.

Your massive post blahs do not prohibit that miners still can stifle SW TX - if they see need for.

Shilling SW is cheap fees is exactly not what miners might need?

I stop here feeding you - it does not make sense - we can agree on this?
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 09:47:26 AM

[edited out]

Your massive post blahs do not prohibit that miners still can stifle SW TX - if they see need for.

Strange that you are accusing me of spreading nonsense, when you cannot come around to basic logical conclusions that segwit is now activated, and so you are fighting against something that is already done.  Does that make any sense?  We are not going to agree because you seem to be lacking in some basic knowledge, so if you cannot even get some of the basics correct, then why should we pursue arguments to higher levels?  You keep coming into various threads and spreading these kinds of misleading comments, then shouldn't people correct your basic lack of factual foundations - that is if your posts are not getting deleted for their misinformation.
hv_
Legendary

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 09:53:53 AM

[edited out]

Strange that you are accusing me of spreading nonsense, when you cannot come around to basic logical conclusions that segwit is now activated, and so you are fighting against something that is already done.  Does that make any sense?  We are not going to agree because you seem to be lacking in some basic knowledge, so if you cannot even get some of the basics correct, then why should we pursue arguments to higher levels?  You keep coming into various threads and spreading these kinds of misleading comments, then shouldn't people correct your basic lack of factual foundations - that is if your posts are not getting deleted for their misinformation.

Are you in panic mode?

I just say clear:

SW is activated - ok - those who want to use it, can do. Might pay lower fees - good.

But you do not need if you don't want to - freedom of choice - good.

Same holds for miners - they can chose mining / including SW TX - or not.

Still miners could stifle SW TX.

Anything not clear or do you need more text?
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 10:15:35 AM

Why would I be in panic mode?  Are you nuts?  Things are going pretty fucking good for bitcoin.  It seems that big blockers remain in a kind of panic mode, and it is evidenced by their increasing escalating dramatic behavior and more and more severe attacks on bitcoin.

Bitcoin and the price seems to be handling these attacks pretty well, which seems to cause additional panic of some of the big blocker nutjobs.

I just say clear:

SW is activated - ok - those who want to use it, can do. Might pay lower fees - good.

But you do not need if you don't want to - freedom of choice - good.

Same holds for miners - they can chose mining / including SW TX - or not.

Still miners could stifle SW TX.

Anything not clear or do you need more text?

Again.. we seem to be repeating ourselves... and you are speculating a whole hell-of-a-lot based on a lot of assumptions and very little facts to support your conclusions.

We don't need more text to conclude your own attempts at spreading FUD.. and the price keeps moving against you.  Hopefully you are not betting in alignment with your ongoing FUD that has been going on much of this year with variations in changed topic but still common theme of doom and gloom of bitcoin...

Remember the new year with the passing of $1k.. and sure we corrected to $890 in March, but you bear troll banker shills have been having trouble keeping the price correlated with your doom and gloom rhetoric.  Accordingly, the BTC price has crashed a bit over 4x since the beginning of the year. 

Crashed up, that is.   Cry Cry  Poor lillie bears.. having troubles.    Cry Cry
hv_
Legendary

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 10:22:42 AM

We don't need more text

Agreed -
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 11:22:26 AM

Just like Roger they think we pay $6-$8 per tx lol.
We do, or close enough.

My last transaction yesterday : 0,000008 BTC for fees.
On BTC network, yes ...
Meuh6879
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 11:26:24 AM

Your forked shitcoins will never go anywhere, they are not supported by merchants.
They are not supported by the economic majority of users.
You can't buy anything with that shit.
All you can do is trade it back and forth to yourself.

Meuh6879
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 11:31:53 AM

Bitcoin, coming up next 🚀 SegWit effect 🚀 Lightning in action 🚀 Free S2X tokens 🚀 Schnorr 🚀 MAST 🚀 ETF approval🚀 More users 🚀 ...

And many more !

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1869168.0

fabiorem

Activity: 1400
Merit: 347

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 11:53:05 AM

We are closer to the $5000 mark, gotta test those resistance https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoin-ethereum-litecoin-price-analysis

Litecoin is so undervalued. It should be one tenth of the value of bitcoin.
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 12:01:01 PM

Bitcoin, coming up next 🚀 SegWit effect 🚀 Lightning in action 🚀 Free S2X tokens 🚀 Schnorr 🚀 MAST 🚀 ETF approval🚀 More users 🚀 ...

And many more !

The linked thread is French. Therefore I post the direct link to the outside article here: http://bitcoinist.com/national-crypto-never-beat-bitcoin/

Core message:
National cryptocurrencies will never be able to compete with Bitcoin because no one will trust a system that requires advance permission from and which is controlled by a government to use it.

For governments that try otherwise, there is DeepOnion, Dash, Monero, etc. Letting go of all behaviourally learned stuff, this cryptocurrency thing is simply superior.

d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 3119

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 12:07:14 PM

Your forked shitcoins will never go anywhere, they are not supported by merchants.
They are not supported by the economic majority of users.
You can't buy anything with that shit.
All you can do is trade it back and forth to yourself.
More and more so as bitcoin holders slowly sell BCH for BTC when price goes up or necessity arises. I managed to sell the latest small batch at 0.155 :-)
d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 3119

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 12:12:49 PM

And many more !

I quickly googled signed blocks but didn't find anything interesting. Got a link explaining what they are?
Gab0

Activity: 283
Merit: 127

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 01:19:52 PM

46 companies in the bitcoin ecosystem, including some of the most relevant, have indicated their support for segwit2x:
Which represents, according to other metrics, less than 5% of the userbase consensus.

Could you tell me the source of that information?

By 1 August there were 1300 nodes approximately pointing to UASF, which corresponds to 14% of the network. Which is not a large majority.
podyx
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 01:25:32 PM

Any news came out? What's going on? -$100 in like 2 minutes
Pages: « 1 ... 17619 17620 17621 17622 17623 17624 17625 17626 17627 17628 17629 17630 17631 17632 17633 17634 17635 17636 17637 17638 17639 17640 17641 17642 17643 17644 17645 17646 17647 17648 17649 17650 17651 17652 17653 17654 17655 17656 17657 17658 17659 17660 17661 17662 17663 17664 17665 17666 17667 17668 [17669] 17670 17671 17672 17673 17674 17675 17676 17677 17678 17679 17680 17681 17682 17683 17684 17685 17686 17687 17688 17689 17690 17691 17692 17693 17694 17695 17696 17697 17698 17699 17700 17701 17702 17703 17704 17705 17706 17707 17708 17709 17710 17711 17712 17713 17714 17715 17716 17717 17718 17719 ... 33461 »
  Print  

Jump to: