May 04, 2024, 06:39:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 22495 22496 22497 22498 22499 22500 22501 22502 22503 22504 22505 22506 22507 22508 22509 22510 22511 22512 22513 22514 22515 22516 22517 22518 22519 22520 22521 22522 22523 22524 22525 22526 22527 22528 22529 22530 22531 22532 22533 22534 22535 22536 22537 22538 22539 22540 22541 22542 22543 22544 [22545] 22546 22547 22548 22549 22550 22551 22552 22553 22554 22555 22556 22557 22558 22559 22560 22561 22562 22563 22564 22565 22566 22567 22568 22569 22570 22571 22572 22573 22574 22575 22576 22577 22578 22579 22580 22581 22582 22583 22584 22585 22586 22587 22588 22589 22590 22591 22592 22593 22594 22595 ... 33321 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26371799 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Kylapoiss

Activity: 616
Merit: 292

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going.

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 05:40:04 AM

Your new hat sir!

https://i.imgur.com/tj6mnSg.png https://i.imgur.com/6lBaRi1.png

edit: not sure what I was thinking! A black cord was not appropirate... changed it to gold.  Please accept my apologies.

+1 WOsMerit

Could it be even more better with some scrambled eggs on it?

I tried scrambled eggs but they didn't look very good after manipulating them to fit the brim of the hat and shrinking them to avatar size.  Just another skill I need to work on!

Thanks to Toxic2040's encouragement, I tried again with the scrambled eggs...

Dabs, you'll be the officer and the gentleman of the thread now.

Good work again sir!

Do you still have my original image? Maybe get mine updated too, the new 3D ones and the LN hat are looking more than awesome Smiley
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10210

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 05:45:19 AM

I just hope we are still young when the $100K party comes. It will be almost surreal if it ever comes to reality. There's a chance though.

We are all going to be in crutches, wheelchairs and with personal assistants and oxogen tanks.  

Sucks to be HODLers.

We can always send our assistants to make some awesome explosions and fireworks with the oxygen tanks. Sounds fun to me.

You are too optimistic, bitserve.  I liked you better, yesterday, when you were in a higher state of capitulation and despair.  This little price bump got your spirits up, too much.
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 05:51:03 AM

I just hope we are still young when the $100K party comes. It will be almost surreal if it ever comes to reality. There's a chance though.

We are all going to be in crutches, wheelchairs and with personal assistants and oxogen tanks.  

Sucks to be HODLers.

We can always send our assistants to make some awesome explosions and fireworks with the oxygen tanks. Sounds fun to me.

You are too optimistic, bitserve.  I liked you better, yesterday, when you were in a higher state of capitulation and despair.  This little price bump got your spirits up, too much.

But, but... I remain capitulated!

I am still deeply depressed. This little pump is not going to fool me. Believe me.
Kylapoiss

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 05:58:32 AM

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 06:03:12 AM

Might as well be an index of the status of bitserve.. yesterday, versus today... he went through a fear halvening (or a capitulation halvening), even though currently denying such price bumpening effect.  hahahahaha
bitserve
Legendary

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 06:08:37 AM

Might as well be an index of the status of bitserve.. yesterday, versus today... he went through a fear halvening (or a capitulation halvening), even though currently denying such price bumpening effect.  hahahahaha

Yup, I can confirm the accurateness of that index. Yesterday was my all time low. Today I feel like I can breath again.... but I know it's probably a trap though!

Good thing I don't trade when I am emotional... or better said, I get emotional after a while of not seeing any clear trade. Whateva. It works for me.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 06:10:46 AM

Bob returning from IP meeting

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4892

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 06:27:25 AM

Someone posted this on /r/reddit:

WikiLeaks Reveals US Military Use Of IMF, World Bank As "Unconventional" Weapons

Describes how the global monetary system is just a giant American geopolitical weapon. And that is why bitcoin will win. But we knew that, of course.

I hope they really didn't do that to the Venezuelan people. Sad
DevilSlayer

Activity: 1400
Merit: 357

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 06:29:11 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Might as well be an index of the status of bitserve.. yesterday, versus today... he went through a fear halvening (or a capitulation halvening), even though currently denying such price bumpening effect.  hahahahaha

Yup, I can confirm the accurateness of that index. Yesterday was my all time low. Today I feel like I can breath again.... but I know it's probably a trap though!

Good thing I don't trade when I am emotional... or better said, I get emotional after a while of not seeing any clear trade. Whateva. It works for me.
I do not also trade when I am emotional because I know that I will do a wrong decision that can lead to losses. There is still not enough signs that will support the price of the bitcoin. It is really hard to analyze and understand the chart due to its volatility :>.
Kylapoiss

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 06:40:56 AM

Might as well be an index of the status of bitserve.. yesterday, versus today... he went through a fear halvening (or a capitulation halvening), even though currently denying such price bumpening effect.  hahahahaha

So will he stay capitulated until $6500 or $950,000?

I would be happy if we saw 4xxx again (hopefully soon).
Kylapoiss

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 06:46:19 AM

I do not also trade when I am emotional because I know that I will do a wrong decision that can lead to losses. There is still not enough signs that will support the price of the bitcoin. It is really hard to analyze and understand the chart due to its volatility :>.

I stopped trading around June-July, can't predict anything in this kind of market and don't want to trade with (considerable) losses. Emotions have been pretty numb since sideways $6,500, I'm prepared for anything now.

Like said, don't invest money you can't afford to lose. I learned it the hard way in 2014-2015.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 07:03:31 AM

I agree $4k would be nice.  I know that there are folks hypothesizing that BTC prices have to get above $4,200 to show some reasonable sign that there are decent chances to move upwards... which actually has a reasonableness to it.

Regarding bitserve and his trepidations, I would like to see $5,900 again within two or three months and then even a possible correction down to $4,500 and then back up to $5,900, just to show how giddy bitserve would become through such BTC price movements, and he would forget that he had ever even heard of the word capitulation.  He wouldn't even remember what such word meant.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy    Wink
Kylapoiss

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 07:13:26 AM

I agree $4k would be nice.  I know that there are folks hypothesizing that BTC prices have to get above $4,200 to show some reasonable sign that there are decent chances to move upwards... which actually has a reasonableness to it.

Regarding bitserve and his trepidations, I would like to see $5,900 again within two or three months and then even a possible correction down to $4,500 and then back up to $5,900, just to show how giddy bitserve would become through such BTC price movements, and he would forget that he had ever even heard of the word capitulation.  He wouldn't even remember what such word meant.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy    Wink

Good times to accumulate, I'm pretty sure the next rally will come as it was in 2017, from almost nowhere. Lets hope bitserve will add some stash into his bag too and forgets about the capitulation. Fundamentals are getting stronger every day and 1 BTC is still 1 BTC Smiley
bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2211
Merit: 3178

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 07:24:46 AM

It hasn’t gone up.  A few hundred bucks above the 200WMA doesn’t count.

Denial.

Wink
bitserve
Legendary

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 07:25:28 AM

Bleh, I am volatility battle hardened. My first "important" purchase reached Bitstamp the day Bitcoin reached $266... with the subsequent drop. I made most of my stash in extreme volatility periods. It is low price low volatility what breaks my nerves... Past bear market I just forgot about Bitcoin (while hodling) but this time I am still here and in that way it is a first time for me. Bring the fucking volatility to me for fucks sake!
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 07:29:27 AM
Merited by Kylapoiss (2)

I think its actually easier to understand when there is higher volatility as the trend is your friend so they say.

And the trend for crypto is decidedly upwards today with strong gains posted across the board. Bitcoin is currently trading in the $3.61k to $3.71k after settling slightly downwards to consolidate from a 10% gain on intraday trading.
1h

4h
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 07:32:29 AM

[edited out]

Good times to accumulate, I'm pretty sure the next rally will come as it was in 2017, from almost nowhere. Lets hope bitserve will add some stash into his bag too and forgets about the capitulation. Fundamentals are getting stronger every day and 1 BTC is still 1 BTC Smiley

I agree with you that it seems to be a good time to accumulate, but we are not in a time similar to 2017, yet.  We are not even in  a time similar to 2016.  We are either in a time similar to 2014 or 2015.  We do not know which one, yet, and that is part of the reason for such trepidation.

I know that I am making fun of bitserves emotional proclamations from yesterday, but there is certain level of reasonableness to such trepidations because there is no guarantee that the BTC price bottom is still in, and in that regard, we could experience another halvening of the BTC price and further dragging out of more flat, and down before we get to the UP part.

Yes, I would feel a lot more comfortable to get above $6k, but we are a long way from there, and even the pittance of a scenario that I described in my earlier post (getting to $5,900 a couple of times would not be enough to persuade that we are out of the bear market.

So, sure it is nice to play around, including myself, about the emotional outbursts and frustrations of others, and to make fun out of it, but there remains a decent amount of truth to the whole matter... accumulate now, but don't accumulate so much that you are NOT prepared for another BTC price halvening.  Keep some dry powder, just in case.  I don't know the odds of another BTC price halvening, but they are not really low, and may even be in the 30% to 40% territory, which is nothing to sneeze at.

Would I rather go up?  Hell yeah.  Am I going to be bummed out if the BTC price halves again?  yes.   I would also buy, even though I am disappointed because the whole value of my BTC holdings halved again... but I would buy a bit more because that is what my system tells me to do, especially when there is nothing fundamentally wrong with BTC and the actual fundamentals remain stronger than any other crypto project, and that is apart from the shenanigans of various fiat based systems.. but anyhow, several of us BTC HODLers (and accumulators) consider BTC as a fiat hedge... so there we go.. continuing to HODL and continuing to accumulate, even while being somewhat bummed out that the BTC price continues to have some difficulties breaking above some of the price resistance points between here and $6k.. and could reasonably take a good 2 months (great scenario) to 18 months (worse scenario) to get back to $6k and challenging the resistance at $6k.
Kylapoiss

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 07:37:23 AM

** snap **

I think its actually easier to understand when there is higher volatility as the trend is your friend so they say.

And the trend for crypto is decidedly upwards today with strong gains posted across the board. Bitcoin is currently trading in the $3.61k to $3.71k after settling slightly downwards to consolidate from a 10% gain on intraday trading.
1h

4h

Nice and clear graphs with explanations which even a total rookie would understand. Sent my last merits on the way Smiley
bitserve
Legendary

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 07:39:56 AM

Well, I have to be honest and say I have never accumulated during any bear market. I usually start buying again when I think the bear market is over which is obviously higher than the bottom but still way lower than the top.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 07:41:02 AM

[edited out]

Bleh, I am volatility battle hardened. My first "important" purchase reached Bitstamp the day Bitcoin reached $266... with the subsequent drop. I made most of my stash in extreme volatility periods. It is low price low volatility what breaks my nerves... Past bear market I just forgot about Bitcoin (while hodling) but this time I am still here and in that way it is a first time for me. Bring the fucking volatility to me for fucks sake!

It is beginning to sound as if you faked your capitulation, unless you were merely trying to self-induce such capitulation - because in some sense, if you have as much equity as you suggest, then even if frustrated, you are likely not too close to capitulation.

Let's say for example, you though that worst case scenario was around $5k and even that the price would have gone back up for now, and so therefore, you failed/refused to cash out a sufficient amount of BTC to cover some of your expenses for the next year.. and so now you are a bit frustrated by your lack of preparation.

That kind of thing can happen to any of us.  I have expenses too, and I cashed out some BTC and I did not buy back as much as maybe I should have.. and I am kind of building up my fiat right now in order to prepare for down because I largely thought that $5k to $6k would be the bottom... but if you have equity in BTC, you can probably afford to cash a little out here and there... and still have more than enough when the price goes back up, even if it take more than 2 more years before it goes back up in any kind of meaningful and significant quantities to make some kind of decent wealth appreciatoin difference.
Pages: « 1 ... 22495 22496 22497 22498 22499 22500 22501 22502 22503 22504 22505 22506 22507 22508 22509 22510 22511 22512 22513 22514 22515 22516 22517 22518 22519 22520 22521 22522 22523 22524 22525 22526 22527 22528 22529 22530 22531 22532 22533 22534 22535 22536 22537 22538 22539 22540 22541 22542 22543 22544 [22545] 22546 22547 22548 22549 22550 22551 22552 22553 22554 22555 22556 22557 22558 22559 22560 22561 22562 22563 22564 22565 22566 22567 22568 22569 22570 22571 22572 22573 22574 22575 22576 22577 22578 22579 22580 22581 22582 22583 22584 22585 22586 22587 22588 22589 22590 22591 22592 22593 22594 22595 ... 33321 »
  Print  

Jump to: