May 06, 2024, 02:09:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 26801 26802 26803 26804 26805 26806 26807 26808 26809 26810 26811 26812 26813 26814 26815 26816 26817 26818 26819 26820 26821 26822 26823 26824 26825 26826 26827 26828 26829 26830 26831 26832 26833 26834 26835 26836 26837 26838 26839 26840 26841 26842 26843 26844 26845 26846 26847 26848 26849 26850 [26851] 26852 26853 26854 26855 26856 26857 26858 26859 26860 26861 26862 26863 26864 26865 26866 26867 26868 26869 26870 26871 26872 26873 26874 26875 26876 26877 26878 26879 26880 26881 26882 26883 26884 26885 26886 26887 26888 26889 26890 26891 26892 26893 26894 26895 26896 26897 26898 26899 26900 26901 ... 33326 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26372653 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3864

View Profile
July 19, 2020, 09:17:04 PM
Last edit: July 19, 2020, 11:23:54 PM by Biodom

Can we get some memes for a 'flat' btc (apart from that with a poking stick)?
I'll start:

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
July 19, 2020, 09:25:49 PM

-snipped-
Can we get some memes..

+1 WOsMerit

Sanity slowly returns to the Wall as we mourn the fallen.

Carry on.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2020, 09:43:13 PM
Last edit: November 30, 2020, 04:03:04 AM by suchmoon
Merited by LFC_Bitcoin (2), sirazimuth (1)

Can we get some memes for a 'flat' btc (apart from that with a poking stick).

Edited 2020-11-30 to fix a broken image
Toxic2040
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2020, 09:50:03 PM

That is really good...freaking deep.

+5 WOsMerits
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 3499

born once atheist

View Profile
July 19, 2020, 10:15:00 PM
Merited by BobLawblaw (16)

Quote from:  wo thread
last few pages

yikes...
soxxx

Activity: 256
Merit: 62

View Profile
July 19, 2020, 10:55:33 PM

My thoughts: Bitcoin is going to pop one way or the other before the end of July. IMO it will depend on the Global Market. In the USA people are going lose their unemployment benefits at the end of July............what is likely to happen, is that we will see another huge stimulus bill pushed through which will lead to more inflation of the money supply. This should push the Global Markets higher, which in turn will allow Bitcoin to move higher too.

Im going to lean bullish here.

I agree that this is probable, but the question arises..when will it stop? Never? Are we at a verge of basic income and MMT?
Too much resistance to those ideas, so it is unlikely to happen. However, passing every 6 mo a 2-3 trillion bill does not seem likely either.
At the moment, it is clearly gold and high beta stocks that benefit the most. Bitcoin is not in play and I wonder why. maybe because it was in a deep correction for too long and lost its appeal with the fast money. It could be temporary, though. At least, this is my hope, but the whole apple-cart is upside down.

If the trend described below is true, then we would have a deflationary impulse as well:
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/07/19/wage-cuts-economy-crisis-368508
Bitcoin has benefited from QE. If we never had QE starting back in 2009, Bitcoins price would probably be lower than it is today.

Im not concerned about Bitcoin trading sideways for the last two months. Since Golds high in May, it is only up 2.5% since. When you zoom out and look at the big picture in a few years, it will look a lot clearer. I think these last two months have felt like forever, but on a time scale it is nothing. Lets see if Bitcoin breaks bullish or bearish first and then see. Gold has broken bullish, will Bitcoin too?
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
July 19, 2020, 11:17:02 PM
Merited by Icygreen (1)

aesma

Activity: 2380
Merit: 916

fly or die

View Profile
July 20, 2020, 12:40:46 AM

Obviously this sounds like a conspiracy theory but I fail to see how it makes sense otherwise.

some say it was an attack on crypto, but I'm not convinced that is the motive.   

"After the recent hack, Twitter has introduced a new restriction, which prevents posting crypto addresses.  Right now, no one is able to post random-looking strings of numbers and letters.  While the move will prevent the kind of scams that users fell victim to, it will also limit crypto users."

I'm not into social media although I do have a twitter (and youtube) account, but I'm not sure I see a legitimate reason to post a BTC address on twitter anyway. If you want to ask publicly, to random people, for money, surely you need a bit more than 160 characters to justify it ?

Not saying addresses should be banned, but I don't see much harm either.
aesma

Activity: 2380
Merit: 916

fly or die

View Profile
July 20, 2020, 12:44:15 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1), Biodom (1)

My thoughts: Bitcoin is going to pop one way or the other before the end of July. IMO it will depend on the Global Market. In the USA people are going lose their unemployment benefits at the end of July............what is likely to happen, is that we will see another huge stimulus bill pushed through which will lead to more inflation of the money supply. This should push the Global Markets higher, which in turn will allow Bitcoin to move higher too.

Im going to lean bullish here.

I agree that this is probable, but the question arises..when will it stop? Never? Are we at a verge of basic income and MMT?
Too much resistance to those ideas, so it is unlikely to happen. However, passing every 6 mo a 2-3 trillion bill does not seem likely either.
At the moment, it is clearly gold and high beta stocks that benefit the most. Bitcoin is not in play and I wonder why. maybe because it was in a deep correction for too long and lost its appeal with the fast money. It could be temporary, though. At least, this is my hope, but the whole apple-cart is upside down.

If the trend described below is true, then we would have a deflationary impulse as well:
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/07/19/wage-cuts-economy-crisis-368508

Basically stock market speculators (in the US) have a free ride. The market goes up they win, the market goes down the Fed and congress put more money into it so it goes up again. They can't lose. With BTC, you can lose.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10212

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
July 20, 2020, 12:55:36 AM

good morning

Back to say hello to our old friend vegeta, bitcoin is currently trading at $9.1kish. #dyor

bear pokes head over gunwale
1h

jump the hedge
4h

#stronghands

I am going to have to solicit batman, spiderman, some ficticious avatar, or maybe even vegeta (himself/herself) to slap ur lil selfie (aka smartass), at some point based on your seeminlyg false alarmenings of the WO thread members regarding bare minimum vegeta requirements.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Tongue
Toxic2040
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2020, 12:59:50 AM
Merited by Icygreen (1)

the weekly wrap

All one can do is take it day by day, hodl and buy the dips when possible. When I break it down to first principles it doesnt seem that hard...does it?

#dyor

nessie clears spit from horn
D

into the mangle we go to squeeze the wash
W

#stronghands
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
July 20, 2020, 01:04:10 AM

I think we should now leave Bob alone for a bit.

In case of still any doubt @jack likes Bitcoin:
https://twitter.com/jack/status/1283169859233214465

(and of all the things that could be mentioned in his likely often viewed Twitter profile is #bitcoin BTC)

The issue with Jack at this point is his divisive status in his own company.  He has enemies on the board, and this latest hack is not going to bode will for him personally, I am afraid.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2020, 01:28:03 AM

No retirement for me JJG, GF doing research on kindergarten and fine neighborhood nowadays . I hope she's cheating on me.  Grin

OH My!!!!!

I am NOT clear whether I should laugh or cry?

Hopefully, at minimum, you are keeping your finger on the pulse of the maintenance of some kind of BATNA.... or at least appreciating the ZOPAs.

Wink

You will thank me later.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Toxic2040
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2020, 01:30:35 AM
Merited by infofront (1)

I am going to have to solicit batman, spiderman, some ficticious avatar, or maybe even vegeta (himself/herself) to slap ur lil selfie (aka smartass), at some point based on your seeminlyg false alarmenings of the WO thread members regarding bare minimum vegeta requirements.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Tongue

You know nothing Juan Snow..

If you look closely at the first image and at the lagging span it looks like a polar bear head pointing downwards..hence the play on words about a bear poking hes/her head over the side of a boat. The second image has the candles coming from the top of the cloud to the bottom..hence jump the hedge..

Not all that alarming imo so bring it on...rawr!

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2020, 01:42:58 AM
Last edit: July 20, 2020, 03:41:30 AM by JayJuanGee

That's what I thought. Deleting hundreds of posts takes too much time to simply be the product of being "grumpy" as he called it.

It has become a disgusting matter of personal resolve.

Yes, I am genuinely that grumpy and disenfranchised with this entire place.

It's fucking cancer.

Just took me too long to see it.

See, i told you so (if anybody can remember).
This place is not the same since several months, i dont exactly remember since which event, but there was a certain point of time when sentiment went generally downwards, people became more aggressive and since covid quite torn apart, polarized. If feels less positive around here.
Well, i can cope with that, cause i don't take things personally per default.
Still, i know what you mean with cancer. It's a very bold term for what's going on but there is a reason for it.

Take some time off, do yourself something good every day and come back when the bullrun resumes, bro  Grin
Wish u the best.

Relatively speaking, there tends to always be all kinds of shit posted in this here thread, or potential for shitposters, trolls and disagreement.  Bitcoin is political and it is also potentially changing all kinds of aspects of life, including to be in the process of redistributing of wealth, which is likely to NOT be without controversy.

Anyone participating in this thread needs to be able to recognize that the interwebs, "free speech," and all of that blah blah blah might not be willing to suck any virtual dicks, even if any such members makes a good case to have his dick sucked.

In any event, given the total crazy-ass situation(s) in the "real" world as we know it, this thread has been doing pretty damned good, relatively speaking.... so really, I doubt that the problem (to the extent that any problem exists) should be pointed at this thread.

My comment also includes a reference to Bob's representation that he was going to give beers to everyone if the BTC price goes below "x".... BTC price went below "x" and he weasled as good as any disingenuous person that you cannot rely upon at his word.  

OK fucker.

You just had to push me.

I just had to sneak a peek and see whatever nonsense you are crying on about, with respect to not writing checks my mouth has cashed.

Surely emotional.

You are so fucking pompously entitled that it sickens me.

Huh?

If you, for ONE FUCKING MOMENT, think that I was not honest in my desire to follow through with the intention of buying everyone in this thread a beer, then go fuck yourself.

Actions speak louder than words.  There was a promise and then a weaseling

My main point is don't promise if you are not going to deliver, and if you end up having to deliver, you could have at least addressed the matter rather than avoiding it and then coming out with some subsequently lame, which was short for weaseling.

It would have become an OpSec and logistical nightmare; I think even you can see that.

Probably, you should not have promised.

Some folks may have recalled that the way Adam used to do it was that he would pre-load an address and then the first person to scan it would receive the BTC, which was equivalent of a beer. You could have done something like that, and even merely to 10 or 20 members would have at least been some kind of an attempt to fulfil the spirit of what you had promised.

That's why I ultimately "weasled" <sic> out of it, while trying to do so with humor and grace.

you can persist with your assertion that it was a joke, but that seems a bit lame... ..

But now seeing this bullshit pettiness from you has me seeing red, and I'm contemplating possibly violating my OpSec to follow through (eg: Any user within 20 pages either way of "that" post can ping me for $7 USD worth of BTC to put towards a beer purchase.)

Hey.. something like that would be reasonable... .. and surely it is your choice about what to do... not me....

It's not even the fucking value of the BTC. It's just that if I make a "good natured, boastful" post like I do in the past, fail spectacularly - repeatedly - everyone get's a chuckle out of it, and nobody gets hurt, then I don't understand your deal, man. It's called "talking shit" and "bantz", you dumb-fuck.

I suppose that it depends upon how it is phrased.  Some folks probably feel that they deserve a blow job too, based on another representation that you made, if I recall correctly... but whatever.. I am not necessarily saying that all promises are going to be understood the same way, so likely there is some need to be careful with promises, I would think.

JJG, if you want your fucking free beer, and finally put your "grievance" with me to bed, find out what the BTC/USD price was, on the day of my post, post your address here in this thread publicly, and I'll figure out some non-OpSec breaking-way to buy your pussy ass a fucking beer and post the TX.

I never really thought about requesting for myself, but it might not be a bad idea to get a free beer.. .I may have to pass on the blow job part... hahahahahahaa   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

In fact, compile me a fucking list of all users within 20 pages each way of my "free beer" post, and I'll send them BTC (back-valued to $7 at the time of whatever it was when I posted) for a fucking beer, if they drop me a PM.

What am I?  Your secretary?  I am not the one who made the promise, so logistics should be within your baliwick, not mine... or maybe brainstorm with some members about how to accomplish, and there may even be some members who would not mind assisting to accomplish the objective.

Then when I see you at the $100K party, you MUST attend, and you MUST allow me to give you a clean right-cross square across your smug fucking face.

Did I ever say that I want to break my own opsec to hang out with WO peeps?  And, why would I want to hang out with anyone who has difficulties controlling his emotions and also seems to harbor irrationally high levels of hostility towards me?  Makes sense?  NOT

Deal ?

Seems a bit disingenuous to change the terms of a promise (or gift or whatever it is called) and to create additional conditions prior to fulfilling such.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

must be that you continue to be unable to control your emotions.    Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

You are a wreck.    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  hahahahahahaha

I wonder what is the estimated probability for a 100K party within 5 years from today (in regulars opinion).

IMHO, 10%. Granted, going into 2018 I thought that it is close to 80-90%.

I am impressed, Biodom, with your ability to attempt to stay on topic...    Cheesy Wink

Jesus christ JayJuanGee this makes you look pathetic as hell

hahahahahaha

Well, that's just like your opinion, man.

which does not count for too much, especially around these here parts Tongue  Tongue

Just wanted to say I'm sorry to see Bob go, if he finally goes. Not every WOer has top chemistry with every other WOer, but Bob was/is a strong voice in the thread, as are many others.

Anyway, looking fwd to the next mega-pump and I hope Bob is here to celebrate with us. I know he will be.

A meme Bob made during the 2017 pump [post link here]. Probably the best Bitcoin meme ever made:

Have to second this, Bob is part of the furniture here, he’s part of the early history of this thread & is a genuine Legendary Member. I’m sure he’ll come back & post regularly but if he needs time out then cool!
If he leaves & doesn’t return then I’m glad I got to interact with him here & in a way make a sort of friend. I don’t think he’ll be able to keep away when we moon but he deserves time away if he needs it.

Please none of the other big hitters here leave. Fuck, I don’t wanna share this place with NOCOINERS when the next big wave of adoption comes.

To the moon gentlemen...... together!

You can feel the void he left looking at the WO page count.
Every time I visit the page number is lower.
Bob's deleting his posts, his contribution to the WO history.
He had 4500 posts, now he's down to 2800. This means WO page count is going to drop another 100's or so.

This is physically hurting.

Maybe one of the reason to quote whatever post that you are referring to, because if the member deletes their post, then your own post may seem out of context?

By the way, many times, Bob has been a BIG ASS whiner and drama queen in his forum posts, and if such strong stances are taken, he's gotta expect kick back, whether by me or other members who might not be "nice" whatever that means in the context of the interwebs.  I harbor absolutely NO ill-will towards the guy, and I mostly agree with other members about his being part of this particular thread and our journey of participation in the UPs and DOWNs of bitcoinlandia .. whether we agree with him or not - Of course, I have some personal ideological disagreements with members deleting their posts too, but this particular forum allows for that, even though I have personally never deleted any of my posts, except incidentally... likely fewer than 20 posts in my total posting history... Probably I had another 20 or so deleted by mods.. maybe more than that?

Also, I personally have taken some pretty damned hard stances in connection with some of my public interactions with Bob.. and many times, my intentions have been either to help Bob or to help other members in regards to topics that he might raise (in the event that I responded to him directly), even if the topics may have resulted in seemingly quasi-combative stances from time to time... and I am NOT going to back down from any assertion that a bit of thick skin continues to be required for any member who might want to engage in interweb battles (and might not even need to be perceived as battles, either)... and if he needs help, hopefully he is able to get it.. .. because many of us have invested in bitcoin with hopes of being able to enjoy our proceeds rather than being stuck with some kind of issues that might hold us back from such enjoyment.. and surely I would not want Bob to NOT be able to enjoy the fruits of his BTC investment including the trials and tribulations of HODLing through seemingly frequent difficult times.

Good evening brothers!
Observing @ $9,178

Can anyone educate me with Bob and JJG incidence. Other day I saw bob was asking how to delete an account. First I thought it was a Bob jokes but then I saw some word exchange between bob and JJG.

Bob was also suggesting something like suicide, too.... so there is that angle, too.

I think we should now leave Bob alone for a bit.

He’s a peasant Jr. Member again now, he doesn’t deserve attention (joking Bob, love you #nohomo).

Gosh.

I mean: Holy shit.

It's like mindrust doing some crazy-ass shit, and then many of us are going to have trouble NOT using him as an example, even if we do not want to use such example..

Like some members already mentioned, you cannot undo the part that made you feel good for a few minutes.. or whatever passage of time that pleasure persisted..

Hory sheeet... isn't there a meme for that?
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
July 20, 2020, 01:55:21 AM

It’s that time in the cycle again, right?

Grin

Indeed so.  And it's worse this time... wonder what that means?
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3864

View Profile
July 20, 2020, 01:58:16 AM

It’s that time in the cycle again, right?

Grin

Indeed so.  And it's worse this time... wonder what that means?

we are about to see aliens?   Shocked
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
July 20, 2020, 01:58:59 AM

Tongue

If you look closely at the first image and at the lagging span it looks like a polar bear head pointing downwards..hence the play on words about a bear poking hes/her head over the side of a boat. The second image has the candles coming from the top of the cloud to the bottom..hence jump the hedge..

Merit for "You know nothing Juan Snow".  Lol.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2020, 02:06:52 AM

Tongue

Hey.... to be less cryptic.. mr visionary (I mean avatar with LARGE imagination).. what I be trying to say, is that you cannot be employing Vegeta if we have NOT even gone below $9k (at least, so far... hopefully, I am not jinxing this bad boy?)

Tongue

Merit for "You know nothing Juan Snow".  Lol.

You are not going to get any argument from me.  I nearly fell off my chair reading that.
Icygreen
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1135

View Profile
July 20, 2020, 02:19:28 AM
Merited by sirazimuth (3), El duderino_ (2), Dunkelheit667 (1)

I’ve tried it all but I’m old school and still think smoking flower is the way to go. I don’t even mind cotton mouth or coughing for 5 min because I held my breath too long. When I say old school I mean I’m fucking older than dirt. Currently my main pastime is looking up how many of my favorite entertainers are dead. I almost cried when David Bowie died. I saw him in concert over 30 times. I’m embarrassed to say how many times I’ve seen Rush perform and now Neil Peart is dead. No chance of a reunion concert for Rush now. LOL I smoked my first bud of Columbian gold in 1975 while watching Chevy Chase on SNL. I bet I made hash brownies before you were born. Extracts are fine and most of the peeps I know vape but it’s not for me.

Older than dirt? What does that make me? You reminisce about Bowie and Rush concerts. For me it was the Beatles and early Grateful dead. Grin

I agree about bud, mostly. My only exception is high-quality hashish. I don't mean some lame Nederhash or bubble hash made from high-THC hydroponic buds. I mean hand-rubbed Nepalese, Kashmiri, or Indian or heat-processed sifted Afghani (preferably Mazar-i-sharif) or Lebanese (Beqaa Valley) from landrace plants, with enough CBD to balance out the THC and give a nice relaxing, happy high. I can even enjoy a better-grade Jamaican gum.

Coughing for 5 minutes? I agree. You've gotta cough to get off. My days of pipes, bongs, vapes, bottle tokes and hot knives are definitely over. I prefer a well-rolled single-paper joint. Weed should be medium chopped with scissors. Budbusters suck. Hash should be lightly heated and crumbled with a small amount of the mildest tobacco. I quit smoking cigarettes 35 years ago but I didn't stop using a little tobacco in my hash doobs.

I don't like eating weed or hash. It makes me sleepy and it's easy to miscalculate doses. The only thing I eat is CBD oil (THC-free) which I use sub-lingually in Mexico to keep my CBD levels up. Cannabis is still illegal here but I can legally buy imported CBD oil.

Back in the day, I used to love the acetylated isomerized honey oil that made you close to psychotic on a pinhead-sized droplet. Now I've put that behind me just like milligram acid doses or peyote doses measured in ounces. Time moves on.

Ok, I’ve learned two things about you. You are an old fucker like me and a connoisseur of the finest herb. I’m not too young for the Beatles or the Grateful Dead I just never liked them (sorry, I know if you’re a deadhead you now want to do me physical harm, lol).

I got hold of some blond Lebanese hash in the 70s and don’t remember two months of my life. I passed out in a park in Downtown Orlando, Florida and woke up in Montgomery, Alabama two days later. You really need to move to a place where herb is legal. It’s an awesome experience to walk into a store and choose to sample from a selection of some great Sativa, Indica or hybrid flowers. They sell handrolls at a shop near me that are nearly an 1/8th and only cost $20. I haven’t heard anyone talk about pinhead T in 40 years. You are old as fuck. LOL
Didn't understand the physical harm part but man, what I'd do for another dead show followed by a 2 week rainbow gathering.  Not as old as you guys but I still lament the passing of these great icons and some of the free-est times I remember. As least we drugs won the war on drugs  Roll Eyes
That still makes me happy. Happy solstice.

Time for yet another off topic post and a mid summers' garden of weeden check up.  Bitcoin may not be moving much these days but things have never looked greener! No more red in sight.  The sunflowers still haven't opened, 2 weeks more at most.
You know what comes after a long summer of literal vegetative sideways growth....  Grin Slowly at first and then.. POP!   
Pages: « 1 ... 26801 26802 26803 26804 26805 26806 26807 26808 26809 26810 26811 26812 26813 26814 26815 26816 26817 26818 26819 26820 26821 26822 26823 26824 26825 26826 26827 26828 26829 26830 26831 26832 26833 26834 26835 26836 26837 26838 26839 26840 26841 26842 26843 26844 26845 26846 26847 26848 26849 26850 [26851] 26852 26853 26854 26855 26856 26857 26858 26859 26860 26861 26862 26863 26864 26865 26866 26867 26868 26869 26870 26871 26872 26873 26874 26875 26876 26877 26878 26879 26880 26881 26882 26883 26884 26885 26886 26887 26888 26889 26890 26891 26892 26893 26894 26895 26896 26897 26898 26899 26900 26901 ... 33326 »
  Print  

Jump to: