April 19, 2024, 08:16:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 26907 26908 26909 26910 26911 26912 26913 26914 26915 26916 26917 26918 26919 26920 26921 26922 26923 26924 26925 26926 26927 26928 26929 26930 26931 26932 26933 26934 26935 26936 26937 26938 26939 26940 26941 26942 26943 26944 26945 26946 26947 26948 26949 26950 26951 26952 26953 26954 26955 26956 [26957] 26958 26959 26960 26961 26962 26963 26964 26965 26966 26967 26968 26969 26970 26971 26972 26973 26974 26975 26976 26977 26978 26979 26980 26981 26982 26983 26984 26985 26986 26987 26988 26989 26990 26991 26992 26993 26994 26995 26996 26997 26998 26999 27000 27001 27002 27003 27004 27005 27006 27007 ... 33278 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26364089 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
glowing10

Activity: 812
Merit: 142

View Profile
August 08, 2020, 09:24:15 AM

Craziness of people be like when checking the prices of Gold/Silver/BTC

https://twitter.com/TheCryptoDog/status/1291410429311254535?s=20
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
August 08, 2020, 09:25:55 AM
Merited by 600watt (1)

proof! ^^ Cool

meanwhile in kleptocurrency news

Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
August 08, 2020, 09:41:31 AM
Merited by El duderino_ (3), 600watt (1)

Wifey drove home from work, but instead of joining her brother's birthday party, she got into a car accident.  Undecided
74yo lady in front of her missed her turn and hit the brakes, honey bunny managed to stop about a foot behind her. So far so good, but the two ladies behind crashed my babe's car into the 74yo granny's volkswagen caddy. Hospital, x-ray, CAT scan. No cracks or dislocations, luckily, but severe spinal trauma. Now she's in serious pain, the safety belt left an impressive mark on her chest. She's in home care since today, so i'll be occasionally reading WO in the next few days or weeks, depending on how things develop.

My heartfelt sympathy and wishes for a speedy recovery. Be thankful she had enough sense to wear a seat belt.

Glad she was wearing a seat belt, otherwise she might have a different face.  

No effing kidding. First time I had my life saved by a seat belt (concrete median of freeway after black ice skid) it felt like someone had hit me across the chest with a baseball bat. That was before airbags. I imagined what a dashboard to the face would have felt like.

The last time a seat belt saved my life was in a head-on collision (truck-on-truck) at highway speed. Took them 2 hours to pry me out of the wreckage with the jaws of life. Luckily, for the second hour I had an oxygen tube to suck on. I could barely breathe.

The seven ribs broken by the seat belt definitely saved my life. They also taught me how to ignore pain. What doesn't kill you most definitely makes you stronger, also makes you appreciate life and not be a pessimist loser.

When I see people refusing to wear face masks during a pandemic it reminds me of the retards who refuse to wear a seat belt. You know the type... when they see a cop they'll pull the belt down and stick it under their leg, refusing to click it shut. Nobody's telling them to wear a seat belt. They'll rationalize why they shouldn't wear one... it'll trap you in the vehicle, it'll destroy your immune system, you're more likely to be magically thrown free, breathing your breath back in will asphyxiate you, etc., etc.

Seat belts save lives. So do masks.

My friend was visiting SA with his wife.

Driving his grandmas big old car. You know its just like massive leather sofas inside. No belts as it was too old.

He rolled it on a dirt road, she broke her back and neck bouncing around in back seat of the car.

They were ruined and cos staying with family they didn't even have insurance. Had to buy about 9 seats on way home to fly her back flat.
Cryptotourist

Activity: 1190
Merit: 755

Homo Sapiens Bitcoinerthalensis

View Profile
August 08, 2020, 10:04:52 AM

Meanwhile, BTC seems to wanna pump. Grin

Alts looking great:

CryptoYar

Activity: 1064
Merit: 635

View Profile
August 08, 2020, 10:38:11 AM
Last edit: August 08, 2020, 11:07:42 AM by CryptoYar

Meanwhile, BTC seems to wanna pump. Grin

Alts looking great:

So true  Cheesy
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
August 08, 2020, 12:19:04 PM
Merited by suchmoon (7), jojo69 (1)

I'll rephrase:
Show me how a mask saves lives. We know how belts do.

philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 7714

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2020, 12:25:29 PM

When we left in 1776 as a fuck you to Henry the 8th.

Was tired yesterday chopping down cherry trees and the like. So lets  make it George III  Roll Eyes

Still the  same principle we left them as a fuck you and we officially don't use metric.
philipma1957
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2020, 12:27:56 PM

Not sure where we are going atm, but I do remember that most peeps in here where writing of NO 5-digits this soon .....

I'm going to quibble with you in regards to these various assertions, mcdocduderino.

I am not sure whether there have been changes in the ways that regular active WO members talk about BTC price predictions over the years, but it seems to me that when any member asserts BTC price direction with certainties (whether UP or down), they tend to get bashed by various members in this thread.  Of course, many of us have a tendency to bash the Down predictors more frequently and with more force than we bash the UP predictors, even when the odds might be in a bit more in the favor of the down predictors at the moment of the speculative bashenings.

We corrected all the way down to $3,850 on March 12, so surely, there was a lot of uncertainties regarding how long it was going to take to get back to $10k, but it still does not seem to be a fair characterization to be describing so many of us as losing some short term hopes.  The reality with any severe BTC price moves is that we can never be sure the extent that we might get stuck in an unfavorable range for much longer than we would wish, so then even if so many of us have longer term expectations that BTC's price moves are going to continue to be UP, we can be all over the place including short-term pessimistic without really losing any of our longer term resolve.

When most veteran BTC'ers even don't know, that means something Cheesy

How the fuck are we going to know where BTC prices are going in the short term?  Seems unfair to be criticizing us for not knowing where BTC prices are going in the short term, as if we have to have some kind of attempts at sorcery status in order to be credible?

If the BTC price goes shooting up to $17k or $30k, many of us are likely to proclaim.. "holy fucking shit" even while we are prepared for such outrageous Upwards price moves and being blown out of the water at the same time that we are prepared for it.  Doesn't really mean much of anything if the whole time that BTC prices shoots up to $17k or $30k (hypothetically) we are proclaiming that we expect a severe correction at any time.  These things happen in bitcoin, and how the fuck are we going to know for sure... we expect a correction at any time, but such correction ends up not happening and we are laughing with joy all the way to the bank while we are surprised as fuck, at the same time.

We should be able to simultaneously hold contrary views in our head at the same time, too without suggesting that there is something wrong with our thinking.  That is part of the process of not really knowing with any kind of certainty what is going to happen.

Ever since I got into bitcoin, in late 2013, I was hoping a lot that BTC was going to at least be able to average 6% per year returns, which was about the average that I had been receiving with the combination of my various traditional investments, but at the same time I was willing to ride my BTC investment down to zero, because that was the level of my commitment to how much I had chosen to invest into it and allowing my investment play out while continuing to have uncertainties about what such investment was going to do in the short, medium or long term.

So surely while I continued to invest into BTC in the coming years, my resolve was tested a decent amount in the early years of the investment with a decent amount of time that the investment had stayed below 50% of the value that I had put into the investment with several dips that were below 35% of the value of what I had put in, so it became way easier to maintain resolve as the investment got back into the black, that's for sure... but even through all of this, and even through having periods of really great BTC profits (on paper), I felt rich as fuck, but never really lost my hope and expectation that from wherever the BTC price is, if I am adding any to my BTC holdings (including using money that I had gotten from selling some BTC at higher prices) that I expected that any new BTC that I bought should perform in a kind of averaging of 6% per year.. so long as I continue to HODL those newly purchased BTC.  Of course, I have been cheating a bit on a regular basis, since about mid-to-late 2016 because my BTC has gained a profit cushion, and surely since about early-to-mid 2017, the cushion has been hardly even coming  lose to challenging my hopes for averaging at least 6% per year returns... with the simultaneous contrasting view that I am willing to ride it to zero, if needed (but we also do get a bit spoiled if we have been in profits for a decently long time, too).

In other words, BTC HODLers/accumulators are continuously getting shit circumstances thrown at them, including some of our current shit macro circumstances, and even accounting for the seemingly new and innovative shitcoin pumpening distractions... defi.. blah blah blah..

I continue to believe that there is nothing wrong with NOT taking for granted future BTC price performance, so for example, in most of April when we some of us may have feared that we could be getting stuck in a kind of $6k to $7k price range, there is nothing wrong with prepared both psychologically and financially for BTC prices to go in either direction or even projecting scenarios in which BTC prices might not return to supra 4 digits for a couple of years or longer.  To me, that seems like sound and prudent planning rather than demonstrating any kind of lack of BTC commitment... of course, if we are preparing for possible down in the $6k to $7k price range in April 2020, then it would have been lacking in prudence and soundness to either to have been selling on the way down or to be selling too much, so some of the preparations in that timeframe (price range) may well have been to have kept an adequate amount of dry powder (fiat), just in case some of the worse scenarios were to play out, such as another test of $3k or some worser scenarios.. so for each person, the kind of preparation is going to be different.. and some may have already run out of dry powder in that BTC price range, so they may have been faced with either HODL or skimming a bit of BTC off (hopefully profitable ones) to feel adequately prepared for any of the price directions, down, sideways or up.

Of course, now that we have been above $10k for a couple of weeks, there might be some feelings of smugness and even thinking that we are on our way up or even considering that the HODLers who were preparing for the possibility of more down in the $6k to $7k range in April were overly cautious or overly pessimistic, blah blah blah..

Of course, some younger peeps might be able to take more chances in betting upon up (or almost all on up), and/or even some peeps that have a decent ongoing expectation of ongoing good cashflows can take chances in betting upon up (or almost all on up), too, yet my practice and recommendation has been to strive as much as you can to prepare for either price direction, even when extremes happen and even when you may well be preparing a lot more in one direction than the other, you are still taking some reasonable and prudent measures both psychologically and financially to prepare for any of the directions, all at the same time.

BTC is and will be a beast on its own, writing its own story with no one to interrupt.

Sure, we have strong BTC price prediction models, but we also have some potential for considerable variance from the various strong current BTC price prediction models, and we also have some possibilities that the seemingly strong current BTC price prediction models could break, too... in other words, BTC is not Turing complete (thankfully so), so it does continue to have some man-intervention vulnerabilities.. even if we downplay the likelihood of negative consequences from such man-intervention vulnerabilities.

March 12th was not a correction.  It happened due to the covid-19 shutdowns and it was an aberration as somebody needed a lot of funds asap and cash a ton of coins. Bounce back was in under a few days..

It is what I keep telling people that BTC is only 217 billion of the worlds wealth  it can be subject to huge moves since it really is not much money at all.
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
August 08, 2020, 12:30:44 PM
Merited by philipma1957 (2), Tash (1)

Facemasks are muzzles. This is how wild and free animals are tamed in the Covid-19 circus.

The future is ‘CLEAR’ and it’s Dystopian: Virus hype ushers in a Covid 19-84 nightmare of restricted access
https://www.rt.com/op-ed/497272-clear-health-pass-covid-dystopian/
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 11963

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
August 08, 2020, 12:31:41 PM
Merited by TheArchaeologist (3), LFC_Bitcoin (2)

philipma1957
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2020, 12:36:58 PM

Facemasks are muzzles. This is how wild and free animals are tamed in the Covid-19 circus.

The future is ‘CLEAR’ and it’s Dystopian: Virus hype ushers in a Covid 19-84 nightmare of restricted access

yeah. it is going in that direction.  funny thing is that is a Russian backed website.  I guess they should know a thing or two about travel restriction. Grin
becoin
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2020, 12:49:37 PM

yeah. it is going in that direction.  funny thing is that is a Russian backed website.  I guess they should know a thing or two about travel restriction. Grin

Funny thing is this Russian backed website still allows free journalism while American backed websites don't.
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
August 08, 2020, 01:03:20 PM
Last edit: August 08, 2020, 01:14:03 PM by 600watt
Merited by El duderino_ (3), JimboToronto (1), sirazimuth (1), nutildah (1), DaRude (1), AlcoHoDL (1), Dunkelheit667 (1), Krubster (1)

so unfortunately there is a slight difference between wearing seatbelts and wearing masks. if people mistake a safety procedure with some weird political bullshit and choose not to wear seatbelts I could care less and yes, let them all try to be next on the Darwin´s Awards list.

same is true for the brainless mask opponents; let the power of natural selection do its thing and piss on their graves.

the problem is that those idiots do not only put their own lives at risk, but also put the health of others at risk. how can such an easy health safety measure become so minblowing stupidly politicized? it is just a barrier to lower the risk of infection, it does not hurt and it is not expensive.

but ok, then let them choose to not wear masks and go and fuck themselves. there is a solution for that. I am wearing FFP3 masks of the highest quality if I meet others inside or if it gets too crowded outside, in environments where infection rate is high .

problem solved.

they are expensive, yes, but the safe & relaxed feeling in that weird moment when a hillbilly/redneck/fucktard covid denier doesn't practice social distancing and breathes in your neck while standing in line behind you is....  priceless.

becoin
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2020, 01:20:28 PM

so unfortunately there is a slight difference between wearing seatbelts and wearing masks. if people mistake a safety procedure with some weird political bullshit and choose not to wear seatbelts I could care less and yes, let them all try to be next on the Darwin´s Awards list.

same is true for the brainless mask opponents; let the power of natural selection do its thing and piss on their graves.

the problem is that those idiots do not only put their own lives at risk, but also put the health of others at risk. how can such an easy health safety measure become so minblowing stupidly politicized? it is just a barrier to lower the risk of infection, it does not hurt and it is not expensive.

but ok, then let them choose to not wear masks and go and fuck themselves. there is a solution for that. I am wearing FFP3 masks of the highest quality if I meet others inside in environments where infection rate is high or if it gets too crowded outside.

problem solved.

they are expensive, yes, but the safe & relaxed feeling in that weird moment when a hillbilly/redneck/fucktard covid denier doesn't practice social distancing and breathes in your neck while standing in line behind you is....  priceless.

People that are afraid of being infected should stay home with masks, hazmat suits, space suits, or any other carnival suits of their liking. Instead they try to go to the places where free and healthy people go and infect other people with their psychotic nightmares.
nutildah
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 7909

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2020, 01:24:47 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1), sirazimuth (1), 600watt (1), BobLawblaw (1)

Wearing a mask is the easiest part of all of this. Try having 2 flights cancelled with zero ability to get refunded and waiting in lines for hours to get paperwork just to be able to go home, in hopes you can catch a new flight before the travel period on the paperwork expires.

Be part of Team Humanity for once, for just a little while longer, and wear the stupid mask when you're gonna be around other people.

Nobody's tracking you or trying to suppress your rights. Trust me, if you think the mask is the problem, you're not smart enough to be worth tracking.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 4421

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
August 08, 2020, 01:34:12 PM
Merited by suchmoon (7), AlcoHoDL (1), 600watt (1)

Good morning Bitcoinland.

Still basically sideways but with a slight upward drift... currently $11761USD/$14742CAD (Bitcoinaverage).

Maybe $12k over the weekend?

That's so lame Jimbo.
How can you even compare those two things?

I could have also mentioned life jackets in speedboats (I don't need one, I'm a good swimmer!), safety harnesses, or any other life-saving devices.

I was comparing safety devices that crybabies won't use because they don't want to be told what to do by some "nanny state". No one's telling me what to do. Boo hoo hoo.

I suppose it was not a true comparison though... sea belts protect the wearer, while face masks protect everyone.

Seat belts are leashes. This is how wild and free animals are tethered in the highway circus.  Roll Eyes

AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 4127

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
August 08, 2020, 01:39:50 PM
Merited by JimboToronto (1)

Good morning Bitcoinland.

Still basically sideways but with a slight upward drift... currently $11761USD/$14742CAD (Bitcoinaverage).

Maybe $12k over the weekend?

That's so lame Jimbo.
How can you even compare those two things?

I could have also mentioned life jackets in speedboats (I don't need one, I'm a good swimmer!), safety harnesses, or any other life-saving devices.

I was comparing safety devices that crybabies won't use because they don't want to be told what to do by some "nanny state". No one's telling me what to do. Boo hoo hoo.

I suppose it was not a true comparison though... sea belts protect the wearer, while face masks protect everyone.

Seat belts are leashes. This is how wild and free animals are tethered in the highway circus.  Roll Eyes

Not to mention condoms! See, the Orwellian state is trying to get in our bedrooms too!
becoin
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2020, 01:40:15 PM

Nobody's tracking you or trying to suppress your rights. Trust me,

Don't trust. Verify.
Numbers speak for themselves!
Reality is very different from what you've been told on the TV.
Krubster

Activity: 352
Merit: 711

View Profile
August 08, 2020, 01:43:59 PM
Merited by 600watt (2), vapourminer (1), JimboToronto (1), AlcoHoDL (1), BobLawblaw (1), Dunkelheit667 (1)

To me, wearing a mask in a crowded place is out of respect to others. I'm not too worried about getting sick, but if me wearing a mask will make people of any risk group feel more comfortable, I'm happy to wear one. It's just sad to see this turning into a political issue.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 4421

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
August 08, 2020, 01:45:47 PM
Merited by nutildah (1)

Wearing a mask is the easiest part of all of this. Try having 2 flights cancelled with zero ability to get refunded and waiting in lines for hours to get paperwork just to be able to go home, in hopes you can catch a new flight before the travel period on the paperwork expires.

Be part of Team Humanity for once, for just a little while longer, and wear the stupid mask when you're gonna be around other people.

Nobody's tracking you or trying to suppress your rights. Trust me, if you think the mask is the problem, you're not smart enough to be worth tracking.

No sense trying to reason with anti-mask crybabies. They've been so brainwashed with political propaganda they think everyone's out to steal their freedom. I'm surprised they haven't targeted drivers' licenses as abuses of the nanny state.
Pages: « 1 ... 26907 26908 26909 26910 26911 26912 26913 26914 26915 26916 26917 26918 26919 26920 26921 26922 26923 26924 26925 26926 26927 26928 26929 26930 26931 26932 26933 26934 26935 26936 26937 26938 26939 26940 26941 26942 26943 26944 26945 26946 26947 26948 26949 26950 26951 26952 26953 26954 26955 26956 [26957] 26958 26959 26960 26961 26962 26963 26964 26965 26966 26967 26968 26969 26970 26971 26972 26973 26974 26975 26976 26977 26978 26979 26980 26981 26982 26983 26984 26985 26986 26987 26988 26989 26990 26991 26992 26993 26994 26995 26996 26997 26998 26999 27000 27001 27002 27003 27004 27005 27006 27007 ... 33278 »
  Print  

Jump to: