May 09, 2024, 09:35:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 28148 28149 28150 28151 28152 28153 28154 28155 28156 28157 28158 28159 28160 28161 28162 28163 28164 28165 28166 28167 28168 28169 28170 28171 28172 28173 28174 28175 28176 28177 28178 28179 28180 28181 28182 28183 28184 28185 28186 28187 28188 28189 28190 28191 28192 28193 28194 28195 28196 28197 [28198] 28199 28200 28201 28202 28203 28204 28205 28206 28207 28208 28209 28210 28211 28212 28213 28214 28215 28216 28217 28218 28219 28220 28221 28222 28223 28224 28225 28226 28227 28228 28229 28230 28231 28232 28233 28234 28235 28236 28237 28238 28239 28240 28241 28242 28243 28244 28245 28246 28247 28248 ... 33335 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26380728 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
aesma

Activity: 2394
Merit: 918

fly or die

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 02:25:59 AM

On an exchange/website I won't name a guy recently refunded 50BTC that he had stolen from it years before, his reason was : karma.

Arriemoller : happy birthday ! You could retire if it's not done already.
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2121

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 02:38:46 AM

You're also growing skin, hair, ligaments, a skeleton, a nervous system including no less an organ as a brain, and you're expending your energy input on the animal's movements. An animal hasn't evolved to be a steak, whereas we could evolve an organism to be just that, and I'd expect the savings to be quite substantial.

One other factor is you can centralise production more. One giant placenta for ten thousand steak babies and such forth. Ah, the future - great and awful.

Most of that stuff also serves useful purposes too. So when you remove them, that's something else that has to be taken care of by your process. If something like hair is no longer needed, that can be bred away with selective breeding. Cows already are far removed from any natural incarnation. In fact, you say that an animal hasn't evolved to be a steak but that's pretty much what beef cows have due to the selective pressures of human needs. And speaking of evolution, being useful to humans has turned out to be an amazingly successful "strategy".

Again, I'm not saying that there's not any advantage, just that any imagined advantages start to narrow when confronted with the practicalities of the situation.

HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 02:54:36 AM

I did another round of rigorous confirmed calculations this morning based on the best math and science and I can confirm that the irrational exuberance is over and we are entering the final and most dismal correction.

Can confirm.  The price is dismally correcting up.
BitcoinBunny
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 2494

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 02:57:44 AM

My birthday today, I'm now 60, got celebrated by the family earlier.
I didn't really care that much when I turned 50, but 60 does make me feel a bit old.
O well,nothing I can do about it, back to the internet and my model rocket rabbithole.

Happy Birthday.

yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 03:07:27 AM

The rehabilitation plan for Mt.Gox has been accepted by the court. A timeline has been set, with the deadline for creditors' vote on the plan by October 8th. Any distribution will occur after creditors' meeting on October 20th. How long distribution itself will take is another matter, but those who choose early lump sum payments should presumably receive it within a year.
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 03:16:52 AM

I didn't really care that much when I turned 50, but 60 does make me feel a bit old.
O well,nothing I can do about it, back to the internet and my model rocket rabbithole.

Grattis pa 60 arsdagen!

Tack så mycket!
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10230

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 03:28:45 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1), 600watt (1), Poker Player (1)

I guess what they don't like is that they would have wanted it to be part of BTC instead of having to go to an altcoin exchange to swap over to a different coin just to spend it.

All big blockers wanted was for low-friction transactions to continue to be part of Bitcoin as they already had for the previous six years.

Stop trying to give those fucktwats any benefit of the doubt here.  It is not called for.  The matter is much more complicated than some good will spin, including that they were attacking bitcoin and its governance, and you can fuck off with your attempts at good faith arguments, even if there may have been some people who did engage in good faith in their support for those various attack vectors and scams.

They are original Bitcoiners as much as any small-blockers.

Who cares?  take it somewhere else.. shitcoins is a topic that merely devolves, and they deserve no positive talk here.

I'm back because small blocks and high fees do not (possibly yet) appear to have negatively affected Bitcoin's price.

Glad you are back, but sure would be nice if you would refrain from baloney pumpening of shitcoin ideas..,. that only devolve.. like already said.

However, it must be understood that small-blocks and high fees does remove certain functionality from Bitcoin and while I'll generally not bring this up for no reason, when I see someone act like Bitcoin still has these properties, I'll comment if appropriate. In this recent case, small blocks, DCA and 'not your keys, not your coins' were not compatible together. Choose two. There are several other examples but I won't go into them since it will seem like proselytising.

There might be some reasons to mention some features, but frequently there is a balancing, including figuring out how to meaningfully accomplish DCA.. and yeah, it might not be very practical to try to DCA for $5 per week and it might be practical to wait until the value of your BTC holdings go up to a certain amount before you remove them from an exchange and/or hold those BTC privately.. .. seems like a BIG so fucking what, rather than a reason to whine that it is not practical to DCA for $5 per week.. and I really doubt that BIG blocks is going to resolve such a situation without other tradeoffs that are likely worse than the one that you are trying to resolve.;... For example, "I sure wish that I could buy my coffee on chain like I used to be able to do in the pre 2013 period.... blah blah blah."  Fuck off with those bullshit concerns... and either you find a use case for bitcoin or you go to some shitcoin to attempt to employ your use case... which like I mentioned surely have their own trade offs including being attack vectors, scams and misleading pieces of shit that try to act as if they were the real bitcoin when the vast majority of people realize that they are not (even though some noobs still get sucked into their misleading scam bullshit).

Now, if all people want is an expensive-to-move SOV, as some in this thread have stated, that's definitely what you got. Otherwise, you just have to accept that the nature of Bitcoin changed when the blocks became permanently full and adjust expectations appropriately.

Why lecture us about these matters, Richy_T?  There are all kinds of trade-offs here and there and along the way, and since bitcoin has been in existence people have decided whether to buy or not based on their own situations, and those kinds of decisions are still taking place.. including BIG ass players getting into bitcoin and pumping the shit out of bitcoin, whether some of us want it or not.. But, we can still decide if we want to stay in, buy more, or get the fuck out.  It's called personal discretion based on available information.. and sure there are plenty of folks who still whine about what bitcoin should be or could be rather than actually appreciating it for what it is... so hopefully there can be some acknowledgement that bitcoin is what it is, it changes from time to time, and various people can decide if they believe advantages or potential advantages outweigh disadvantages in terms of holding a certain amount of value in bitcoin  (as that value will likely change too, over time).
Arriemoller
Legendary

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 03:40:19 AM
Merited by philipma1957 (1)

On an exchange/website I won't name a guy recently refunded 50BTC that he had stolen from it years before, his reason was : karma.

Arriemoller : happy birthday ! You could retire if it's not done already.

Thanks.
Retired three years ago. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178336.msg33203248#msg33203248
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 03:41:18 AM
Merited by JimboToronto (1), marcus_of_augustus (1), Torque (1)

Blocktards are not arguing in good faith.  No need to engage with them, the market has already decided.  
Arriemoller
Legendary

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 03:42:38 AM

Happy Birthday.

Thanks!
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4004
Merit: 4482

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 03:46:18 AM
Merited by lightfoot (1)

If plants have no feelings, why do they respond and grow better with soothing jazz and classical music than with jarring rock, hiphop or EDM?

* Makes note to self: Install speaker systems in greenhouses for ranch build out. Install DJ booth / club lighting / dancefloor in the "green green house"

Is this the point where you'll hire a Jazz/Classical Music DJ to help your plants grow?

No DJs. Just actual live musicians.

Bitcoiners should be able to afford the real thing, not some crappy recorded substitutes.

Leave the DJs to the shitcoiners.  Cool
d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 2939

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 03:50:44 AM

^^ This

+1 WOsMerits
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 03:52:28 AM

<...>

Target price: 170,000 USD

Not bad.
Bullish.
My body is ready.

Money is going to leave the bitcoin ecosystem over the next 12 months (and forever after on average). Bitcoin will never reach that price. If it does, I'll buy $10k worth and give it to you.

Quoted for reference.
Please someone help me remember when it happens!

Proudhon is such a sweetie.. promising to give away some of his bitcoin.. Actually, it probably would be better to put the "at-issue" bitcoin into escrow in order that proudhon will pay... and never is a fucking long time, but sure, seems quite likely that proudhon will need to pay this cycle.. or at least by next cycle, in a less good scenario.

proudhon, why not just admit you’re a massive whale who comes on here to troll. We all know you’ve got thousands of bitcoin. Just admit it!

Hé did pay someone in BTC if price would make somekind of action, don’t remember exactly

But I know he said to pay X-amount of btc which was his LAST holding.... but worth more as just dust.... so ofcourse he has plenty....

Good for him, better if he would talk the real bitcointalk....

Then again it’s his own choice how he acts

You gotta admit that his bitcoin is a bubble song is pretty damned good (and memorable, too), and it shows you how stupid people are including still spouting out the same kinds of nonsense ideas that were contained in that song.
fr4nkthetank
Legendary

Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182

Now the money is free, and so the people will be

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 04:04:09 AM

its the best bitcoin song ever made
Sayeds56
Copper Member

Activity: 1288
Merit: 709

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 04:27:35 AM

its the best bitcoin song ever made

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaMJi1_1tkA
BobLawblaw
Legendary

Activity: 1826
Merit: 5551

Neighborhood Shenanigans Dispenser

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 05:30:58 AM

I've survived to my present age, without ever contracting any sexual diseases.

I now have full-blown AIDS after watching that diseased production.

Skipped HIV. Straight to AIDS.

Thanks, asshole.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 05:32:21 AM

@Mishacrypto_com
#Bitcoin  ₿ in 2017/18 compared to $BTC now.
https://twitter.com/mishacrypto_com/status/1365229886617628680?s=21

Know what I’m sayin’

I hope not honestly, I don't want it going parabolic again. If it does though I would prefer it to be closer to the end of the year.

Yeah, we would NOT want bitcoin prices going parabolic expectedly unexpectedly in the near-term future.  

That would sure suck!!!!!

It's not like I had not (I am sure that others, too) been stacking sats for the past over 7 years (sure time periods are going to have varied, but anyone in bitcoin for over a few years would have had time to stack some sats decently, no? - even you somac spomac - been on the forum as long as me), and I would hate for our lillie fiends to go up in value too quickly.   Cry Cry Cry

Don't get me wrong its fun when it does go parabolic, but those moves always lead to crashes. And crashes burn noobs hard as they are inexperienced.

You can wish all that you want that such a parabolic rise does not happen, but does not seem like there is a lot that you or anyone else can do about it.  I could care less either way, too, but bitcoin just seems poised for such craziness whether we like it or not and whether we get some corrections along the way that make the overall upward curve to appear more gradual because the top takes longer to play out.

A nice consistent rise will be better off for the common worker (i'm pretending that they would actually buy BTC here, rather than wasting their savings on useless crap),

First of all bitcoin does not work like dat.   Sure, it might not go parabolic, but it is NOT likely to get stuck here, either in order to make some kind of smooth and reasonable curve.

Regarding regular peeps:  Fuck them.  They better get the fuck into bitcoin in some kind of stake, otherwise they are going to get front run the fuck out of by the BIG ass players that seem to be continuing to come into the space.

Just like we cannot do anything about BTC's price movement, we also cannot do shit to protect regular peeps from their lil selfies in which many of them fail and refuse to actually take some actions in terms of stacking some sats or otherwise figuring out ways to get a meaningful stake in bitcoin.

I want these people to be able to grow their worth at a steady rate as a fuck you to the CBs and various modern feudal lords who have been destroying the value of their labor as much as possible since time began.

Get out of here with your bleeding heart nonsense.

They can still get into bitcoin at $500k or $1million and they might even still be ahead of others at that point.

I have no clue beyond the various price models based on probabilities what BTC prices are going to do in the coming years, but even though it seems to be much better for regular peeps to start right now or start as soon as possible, they can still start whenever they get around to it.. whether that is at $75k, or $256k or $750k, or $1.5 million or $5million... You have no information that the happening of regular peeps to get into bitcoin much later is still not going to end up helping them out, overall - even though sure, many of us longer term HODLers realize some advantages to having had gotten into bitcoin earlier than others, but I am still going to be telling people the same fucking thing as I have been saying for the last 7 years or so, and that is get the fuck started as soon as possible and figure out your plan to get some kind of stake.. and the BTC price does not matter as much as getting the fuck started and figuring out something... we cannot hold their hands if they fail/refuse to get started accumulating bitcoin. 

My dream is of the wealth divide returning to the levels of the 50s.

Bitcoin helps a lot of these matters, but you cannot remove all of the hoarding behaviors of BIGGER players and have a kum-ba-ya distribution of bitcoin.  Peeps have had nearly 12 years to learn about bitcoin and get into it, and sure there are some signs in recent times that they are going to get front run, but what we going to do? 

Not going to happen I know but that is why it is a dream.

Snap out of it, somac spomac!!!!!!

Let's deal with reality rather than wishing for things that are very unlikely to happen, and we already know that bitcoin has hype cycles and peeps gotta attempt to learn about it and how to deal with such BTC price dynamics rather than wishing for some kind of situation that is not.
VB1001
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 2540

<<CypherPunkCat>>

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2021, 05:43:44 AM
Merited by xhomerx10 (2), jojo69 (1), El duderino_ (1), BobLawblaw (1)

Hi, a long time without publishing here, for my part everything is fine, but with many open fronts in work life, I hope to return soon when everything stabilizes.
Hugs.
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 3499

born once atheist

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 06:04:31 AM

Rap was never my thing, probably because I'm an old fart.

"A"  for effort.
somac.
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1195

Never selling

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 06:24:23 AM

@Mishacrypto_com
#Bitcoin  ₿ in 2017/18 compared to $BTC now.
https://twitter.com/mishacrypto_com/status/1365229886617628680?s=21

Know what I’m sayin’

I hope not honestly, I don't want it going parabolic again. If it does though I would prefer it to be closer to the end of the year.

Yeah, we would NOT want bitcoin prices going parabolic expectedly unexpectedly in the near-term future.  

That would sure suck!!!!!

It's not like I had not (I am sure that others, too) been stacking sats for the past over 7 years (sure time periods are going to have varied, but anyone in bitcoin for over a few years would have had time to stack some sats decently, no? - even you somac spomac - been on the forum as long as me), and I would hate for our lillie fiends to go up in value too quickly.   Cry Cry Cry

Don't get me wrong its fun when it does go parabolic, but those moves always lead to crashes. And crashes burn noobs hard as they are inexperienced.

You can wish all that you want that such a parabolic rise does not happen, but does not seem like there is a lot that you or anyone else can do about it.  I could care less either way, too, but bitcoin just seems poised for such craziness whether we like it or not and whether we get some corrections along the way that make the overall upward curve to appear more gradual because the top takes longer to play out.

A nice consistent rise will be better off for the common worker (i'm pretending that they would actually buy BTC here, rather than wasting their savings on useless crap),

First of all bitcoin does not work like dat.   Sure, it might not go parabolic, but it is NOT likely to get stuck here, either in order to make some kind of smooth and reasonable curve.

Regarding regular peeps:  Fuck them.  They better get the fuck into bitcoin in some kind of stake, otherwise they are going to get front run the fuck out of by the BIG ass players that seem to be continuing to come into the space.

Just like we cannot do anything about BTC's price movement, we also cannot do shit to protect regular peeps from their lil selfies in which many of them fail and refuse to actually take some actions in terms of stacking some sats or otherwise figuring out ways to get a meaningful stake in bitcoin.

I want these people to be able to grow their worth at a steady rate as a fuck you to the CBs and various modern feudal lords who have been destroying the value of their labor as much as possible since time began.

Get out of here with your bleeding heart nonsense.

They can still get into bitcoin at $500k or $1million and they might even still be ahead of others at that point.

I have no clue beyond the various price models based on probabilities what BTC prices are going to do in the coming years, but even though it seems to be much better for regular peeps to start right now or start as soon as possible, they can still start whenever they get around to it.. whether that is at $75k, or $256k or $750k, or $1.5 million or $5million... You have no information that the happening of regular peeps to get into bitcoin much later is still not going to end up helping them out, overall - even though sure, many of us longer term HODLers realize some advantages to having had gotten into bitcoin earlier than others, but I am still going to be telling people the same fucking thing as I have been saying for the last 7 years or so, and that is get the fuck started as soon as possible and figure out your plan to get some kind of stake.. and the BTC price does not matter as much as getting the fuck started and figuring out something... we cannot hold their hands if they fail/refuse to get started accumulating bitcoin. 

My dream is of the wealth divide returning to the levels of the 50s.

Bitcoin helps a lot of these matters, but you cannot remove all of the hoarding behaviors of BIGGER players and have a kum-ba-ya distribution of bitcoin.  Peeps have had nearly 12 years to learn about bitcoin and get into it, and sure there are some signs in recent times that they are going to get front run, but what we going to do? 

Not going to happen I know but that is why it is a dream.

Snap out of it, somac spomac!!!!!!

Let's deal with reality rather than wishing for things that are very unlikely to happen, and we already know that bitcoin has hype cycles and peeps gotta attempt to learn about it and how to deal with such BTC price dynamics rather than wishing for some kind of situation that is not.

You really are a miserable sod.
Pages: « 1 ... 28148 28149 28150 28151 28152 28153 28154 28155 28156 28157 28158 28159 28160 28161 28162 28163 28164 28165 28166 28167 28168 28169 28170 28171 28172 28173 28174 28175 28176 28177 28178 28179 28180 28181 28182 28183 28184 28185 28186 28187 28188 28189 28190 28191 28192 28193 28194 28195 28196 28197 [28198] 28199 28200 28201 28202 28203 28204 28205 28206 28207 28208 28209 28210 28211 28212 28213 28214 28215 28216 28217 28218 28219 28220 28221 28222 28223 28224 28225 28226 28227 28228 28229 28230 28231 28232 28233 28234 28235 28236 28237 28238 28239 28240 28241 28242 28243 28244 28245 28246 28247 28248 ... 33335 »
  Print  

Jump to: