7/21 - 1 (1%)
7/28 - 11 (10.5%)
8/4 - 16 (15.2%)
8/11 - 7 (6.7%)
8/18 - 6 (5.7%)
8/25 - 7 (6.7%)
After August - 57 (54.3%)
Total Voters: 105

Pages: « 1 ... 28148 28149 28150 28151 28152 28153 28154 28155 28156 28157 28158 28159 28160 28161 28162 28163 28164 28165 28166 28167 28168 28169 28170 28171 28172 28173 28174 28175 28176 28177 28178 28179 28180 28181 28182 28183 28184 28185 28186 28187 28188 28189 28190 28191 28192 28193 28194 28195 28196 28197 [28198] 28199 28200 28201 28202 28203 28204 28205 28206 28207 28208 28209 28210 28211 28212 28213 28214 28215 28216 28217 28218 28219 28220 28221 28222 28223 28224 28225 28226 28227 28228 28229 28230 28231 28232 28233 28234 28235 28236 28237 28238 28239 28240 28241 28242 28243 28244 28245 28246 28247 28248 ... 33750 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26461740 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
BobLawblaw
Legendary

Activity: 1861
Merit: 5670

Neighborhood Shenanigans Dispenser

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 05:30:58 AM

I've survived to my present age, without ever contracting any sexual diseases.

I now have full-blown AIDS after watching that diseased production.

Skipped HIV. Straight to AIDS.

Thanks, asshole.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3850
Merit: 10866

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 05:32:21 AM

@Mishacrypto_com
#Bitcoin  ₿ in 2017/18 compared to $BTC now.
https://twitter.com/mishacrypto_com/status/1365229886617628680?s=21

Know what I’m sayin’

I hope not honestly, I don't want it going parabolic again. If it does though I would prefer it to be closer to the end of the year.

Yeah, we would NOT want bitcoin prices going parabolic expectedly unexpectedly in the near-term future.  

That would sure suck!!!!!

It's not like I had not (I am sure that others, too) been stacking sats for the past over 7 years (sure time periods are going to have varied, but anyone in bitcoin for over a few years would have had time to stack some sats decently, no? - even you somac spomac - been on the forum as long as me), and I would hate for our lillie fiends to go up in value too quickly.   Cry Cry Cry

Don't get me wrong its fun when it does go parabolic, but those moves always lead to crashes. And crashes burn noobs hard as they are inexperienced.

You can wish all that you want that such a parabolic rise does not happen, but does not seem like there is a lot that you or anyone else can do about it.  I could care less either way, too, but bitcoin just seems poised for such craziness whether we like it or not and whether we get some corrections along the way that make the overall upward curve to appear more gradual because the top takes longer to play out.

A nice consistent rise will be better off for the common worker (i'm pretending that they would actually buy BTC here, rather than wasting their savings on useless crap),

First of all bitcoin does not work like dat.   Sure, it might not go parabolic, but it is NOT likely to get stuck here, either in order to make some kind of smooth and reasonable curve.

Regarding regular peeps:  Fuck them.  They better get the fuck into bitcoin in some kind of stake, otherwise they are going to get front run the fuck out of by the BIG ass players that seem to be continuing to come into the space.

Just like we cannot do anything about BTC's price movement, we also cannot do shit to protect regular peeps from their lil selfies in which many of them fail and refuse to actually take some actions in terms of stacking some sats or otherwise figuring out ways to get a meaningful stake in bitcoin.

I want these people to be able to grow their worth at a steady rate as a fuck you to the CBs and various modern feudal lords who have been destroying the value of their labor as much as possible since time began.

Get out of here with your bleeding heart nonsense.

They can still get into bitcoin at $500k or $1million and they might even still be ahead of others at that point.

I have no clue beyond the various price models based on probabilities what BTC prices are going to do in the coming years, but even though it seems to be much better for regular peeps to start right now or start as soon as possible, they can still start whenever they get around to it.. whether that is at $75k, or $256k or $750k, or $1.5 million or $5million... You have no information that the happening of regular peeps to get into bitcoin much later is still not going to end up helping them out, overall - even though sure, many of us longer term HODLers realize some advantages to having had gotten into bitcoin earlier than others, but I am still going to be telling people the same fucking thing as I have been saying for the last 7 years or so, and that is get the fuck started as soon as possible and figure out your plan to get some kind of stake.. and the BTC price does not matter as much as getting the fuck started and figuring out something... we cannot hold their hands if they fail/refuse to get started accumulating bitcoin. 

My dream is of the wealth divide returning to the levels of the 50s.

Bitcoin helps a lot of these matters, but you cannot remove all of the hoarding behaviors of BIGGER players and have a kum-ba-ya distribution of bitcoin.  Peeps have had nearly 12 years to learn about bitcoin and get into it, and sure there are some signs in recent times that they are going to get front run, but what we going to do? 

Not going to happen I know but that is why it is a dream.

Snap out of it, somac spomac!!!!!!

Let's deal with reality rather than wishing for things that are very unlikely to happen, and we already know that bitcoin has hype cycles and peeps gotta attempt to learn about it and how to deal with such BTC price dynamics rather than wishing for some kind of situation that is not.
VB1001
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 2540

<<CypherPunkCat>>

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2021, 05:43:44 AM
Merited by xhomerx10 (2), jojo69 (1), El duderino_ (1), BobLawblaw (1)

Hi, a long time without publishing here, for my part everything is fine, but with many open fronts in work life, I hope to return soon when everything stabilizes.
Hugs.
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 3576

born once atheist

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 06:04:31 AM

Rap was never my thing, probably because I'm an old fart.

"A"  for effort.
somac.
Legendary

Activity: 2104
Merit: 1237

Never selling

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 06:24:23 AM

@Mishacrypto_com
#Bitcoin  ₿ in 2017/18 compared to $BTC now.
https://twitter.com/mishacrypto_com/status/1365229886617628680?s=21

Know what I’m sayin’

I hope not honestly, I don't want it going parabolic again. If it does though I would prefer it to be closer to the end of the year.

Yeah, we would NOT want bitcoin prices going parabolic expectedly unexpectedly in the near-term future.  

That would sure suck!!!!!

It's not like I had not (I am sure that others, too) been stacking sats for the past over 7 years (sure time periods are going to have varied, but anyone in bitcoin for over a few years would have had time to stack some sats decently, no? - even you somac spomac - been on the forum as long as me), and I would hate for our lillie fiends to go up in value too quickly.   Cry Cry Cry

Don't get me wrong its fun when it does go parabolic, but those moves always lead to crashes. And crashes burn noobs hard as they are inexperienced.

You can wish all that you want that such a parabolic rise does not happen, but does not seem like there is a lot that you or anyone else can do about it.  I could care less either way, too, but bitcoin just seems poised for such craziness whether we like it or not and whether we get some corrections along the way that make the overall upward curve to appear more gradual because the top takes longer to play out.

A nice consistent rise will be better off for the common worker (i'm pretending that they would actually buy BTC here, rather than wasting their savings on useless crap),

First of all bitcoin does not work like dat.   Sure, it might not go parabolic, but it is NOT likely to get stuck here, either in order to make some kind of smooth and reasonable curve.

Regarding regular peeps:  Fuck them.  They better get the fuck into bitcoin in some kind of stake, otherwise they are going to get front run the fuck out of by the BIG ass players that seem to be continuing to come into the space.

Just like we cannot do anything about BTC's price movement, we also cannot do shit to protect regular peeps from their lil selfies in which many of them fail and refuse to actually take some actions in terms of stacking some sats or otherwise figuring out ways to get a meaningful stake in bitcoin.

I want these people to be able to grow their worth at a steady rate as a fuck you to the CBs and various modern feudal lords who have been destroying the value of their labor as much as possible since time began.

Get out of here with your bleeding heart nonsense.

They can still get into bitcoin at $500k or $1million and they might even still be ahead of others at that point.

I have no clue beyond the various price models based on probabilities what BTC prices are going to do in the coming years, but even though it seems to be much better for regular peeps to start right now or start as soon as possible, they can still start whenever they get around to it.. whether that is at $75k, or $256k or $750k, or $1.5 million or $5million... You have no information that the happening of regular peeps to get into bitcoin much later is still not going to end up helping them out, overall - even though sure, many of us longer term HODLers realize some advantages to having had gotten into bitcoin earlier than others, but I am still going to be telling people the same fucking thing as I have been saying for the last 7 years or so, and that is get the fuck started as soon as possible and figure out your plan to get some kind of stake.. and the BTC price does not matter as much as getting the fuck started and figuring out something... we cannot hold their hands if they fail/refuse to get started accumulating bitcoin. 

My dream is of the wealth divide returning to the levels of the 50s.

Bitcoin helps a lot of these matters, but you cannot remove all of the hoarding behaviors of BIGGER players and have a kum-ba-ya distribution of bitcoin.  Peeps have had nearly 12 years to learn about bitcoin and get into it, and sure there are some signs in recent times that they are going to get front run, but what we going to do? 

Not going to happen I know but that is why it is a dream.

Snap out of it, somac spomac!!!!!!

Let's deal with reality rather than wishing for things that are very unlikely to happen, and we already know that bitcoin has hype cycles and peeps gotta attempt to learn about it and how to deal with such BTC price dynamics rather than wishing for some kind of situation that is not.

You really are a miserable sod.
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 3576

born once atheist

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 06:32:19 AM

Whoa! Chelsea can ski almost as good as me.
Though I am impressed she can ski and drink with no ski poles..... (and no other things...)

(sorry off topic, but its Friday legendary drink nite, so I get a pass, yeah?)

GO BITCOIN

600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 06:44:11 AM

The rehabilitation plan for Mt.Gox has been accepted by the court. A timeline has been set, with the deadline for creditors' vote on the plan by October 8th. Any distribution will occur after creditors' meeting on October 20th. How long distribution itself will take is another matter, but those who choose early lump sum payments should presumably receive it within a year.

at least they show some respect to the current run up in price. imagine they would start distributing mid summer?

according to this time frame, all it could do is adding velocity to the -by then (next year) already ongoing downtrend. good. bullish.
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 07:10:50 AM

Hi, a long time without publishing here, for my part everything is fine, but with many open fronts in work life, I hope to return soon when everything stabilizes.
Hugs.

Good to see you around.
dieselmeister

Activity: 546
Merit: 290

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 07:15:45 AM

My birthday today, I'm now 60, got celebrated by the family earlier.
I didn't really care that much when I turned 50, but 60 does make me feel a bit old.
O well,nothing I can do about it, back to the internet and my model rocket rabbithole.

dispite that you are feeling old, happy birthday Cheesy
bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2242
Merit: 3523

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 08:27:25 AM
Merited by El duderino_ (5), JayJuanGee (1), AlcoHoDL (1), 600watt (1), itod (1)

ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 08:58:57 AM

Is it dumping time yet or what exactly?
serveria.com
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1189

Privacy Servers. Since 2009.

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2021, 09:29:37 AM

On an exchange/website I won't name a guy recently refunded 50BTC that he had stolen from it years before, his reason was : karma.

Arriemoller : happy birthday ! You could retire if it's not done already.

Thanks.
Retired three years ago. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178336.msg33203248#msg33203248

So, in retrospect, was it a good decision to pay off all debt with BTC money? Paying off debt = cashing out = selling your precious coins. So if you have just hedl and went on with your monthly payments wouldn't it have been more profitable?

P.S. Happy BD!  Cool
serveria.com
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2021, 09:33:31 AM

If plants have no feelings, why do they respond and grow better with soothing jazz and classical music than with jarring rock, hiphop or EDM?

* Makes note to self: Install speaker systems in greenhouses for ranch build out. Install DJ booth / club lighting / dancefloor in the "green green house"

Is this the point where you'll hire a Jazz/Classical Music DJ to help your plants grow?

No DJs. Just actual live musicians.

Bitcoiners should be able to afford the real thing, not some crappy recorded substitutes.

Leave the DJs to the shitcoiners.  Cool

Yeah I can imagine shitcoiners replacing real hookers with sex dolls too at their party  Grin
serveria.com
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2021, 09:41:30 AM

Whoa! Chelsea can ski almost as good as me.
Though I am impressed she can ski and drink with no ski poles..... (and no other things...)

(sorry off topic, but its Friday legendary drink nite, so I get a pass, yeah?)

GO BITCOIN

Nice bod for a 46yo. Great tits. I'd offer her my pole any moment...  Grin
JohnBitCo

Activity: 2030
Merit: 356

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 09:56:20 AM

We need some news to pump the market. How about this one.  Wink

Turn ON the Printer  Cheesy

Sayeds56
Copper Member

Activity: 1428
Merit: 740

Buzz App - Spin wheel, farm rewards

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 10:04:09 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), LFC_Bitcoin (1)

The rehabilitation plan for Mt.Gox has been accepted by the court. A timeline has been set, with the deadline for creditors' vote on the plan by October 8th. Any distribution will occur after creditors' meeting on October 20th. How long distribution itself will take is another matter, but those who choose early lump sum payments should presumably receive it within a year.

at least they show some respect to the current run up in price. imagine they would start distributing mid summer?

according to this time frame, all it could do is adding velocity to the -by then (next year) already ongoing downtrend. good. bullish.

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BTCUSD/hKOSCZyf-BTC-Cycle-break-down-WHY-YOU-SHOULD-HODL/
Poker Player
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 2180

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 10:06:03 AM

So, in retrospect, was it a good decision to pay off all debt with BTC money? Paying off debt = cashing out = selling your precious coins. So if you have just hedl and went on with your monthly payments wouldn't it have been more profitable?

P.S. Happy BD!  Cool

I don't know what the he will answer but from a purely accounting point of view that would be like borrowing money to buy Bitcoin and that carries risk. I opened a thread on the subject yesterday and all the answers are contrary to borrowing money against your Bitcoin.
JSRAW
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1543

Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 10:08:44 AM

I didn't really care that much when I turned 50, but 60 does make me feel a bit old.
O well,nothing I can do about it, back to the internet and my model rocket rabbithole.
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 10:12:35 AM
Last edit: February 27, 2021, 11:44:19 AM by 600watt
Merited by Dabs (3), JimboToronto (2), JayJuanGee (1), AlcoHoDL (1)

this technical evolution timeline is an important piece to study. so much knowledge is concentrated here. there would be far less consequential misunderstandings of bitcoin-technology if more folks would be able to draw conclusions out of this. some examples:

-bitcoin has a rich history of technological advances that were all tested and used and have proven to be rock solid. it was not a invention that came out of the blue. it is using reliable tech as a foundation.

-bitcoin is a breakthrough in computer science, not just a data entry on some server. lots of no-coiners still view bitcoin as something like airline miles that just got speculated up to sky high figures (tulip-mania)

-as bitcoin is a unique combination of several well understood technologies, it is this combination that makes it work and NOT its transaction history database called blockchain. this combination we can refer to as bitcoin-technology. in contrast to the semantic wasteland referred to as "blockchain-technology".

-bitcoin technology was designed for a special purpose (scarce digital cash bearer instrument) and is serves this very special purpose with immaculate perfection for more than a decade. when it comes to money/value - why rely on a system where unverifiable trust is mandatory when you can opt out to a system with trustless verifiability?

-bitcoin-technology solves cheating and lying within its technical boundaries of a monetary digital network. people that do not understand this evolution easily fall victim to the idea that the technical elimination of trust in this highly specialized field somehow gave way to a new technology that is capable of doing the same trick to anything else like supply chains or ownership titles. this new tech is referred to as "blockchain-technology". satoshis intend was not to invent "blockchain" that "will change everything"

-"blockchain-technology" is not a technology. how can the transaction history of a digital money network resemble a technology?  whenever "blockchain-experts" try to build something useful they are using parts of the technical developments shown in the above timeline, and that makes it look like technology. they- for example re-invent tamper-proof databases and think it has something to do with "blockchain"

edited.
friends1980
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

nutildah-III / NFT2021-04-01

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 10:43:48 AM

Arrie, congratz mate. Time flies, enjoy every second of it and only do whatever you feel like doing! Enjoy and have a good glass of wine/beer/bubbles!
Pages: « 1 ... 28148 28149 28150 28151 28152 28153 28154 28155 28156 28157 28158 28159 28160 28161 28162 28163 28164 28165 28166 28167 28168 28169 28170 28171 28172 28173 28174 28175 28176 28177 28178 28179 28180 28181 28182 28183 28184 28185 28186 28187 28188 28189 28190 28191 28192 28193 28194 28195 28196 28197 [28198] 28199 28200 28201 28202 28203 28204 28205 28206 28207 28208 28209 28210 28211 28212 28213 28214 28215 28216 28217 28218 28219 28220 28221 28222 28223 28224 28225 28226 28227 28228 28229 28230 28231 28232 28233 28234 28235 28236 28237 28238 28239 28240 28241 28242 28243 28244 28245 28246 28247 28248 ... 33750 »
  Print  

Jump to: