May 07, 2024, 12:15:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 28750 28751 28752 28753 28754 28755 28756 28757 28758 28759 28760 28761 28762 28763 28764 28765 28766 28767 28768 28769 28770 28771 28772 28773 28774 28775 28776 28777 28778 28779 28780 28781 28782 28783 28784 28785 28786 28787 28788 28789 28790 28791 28792 28793 28794 28795 28796 28797 28798 28799 [28800] 28801 28802 28803 28804 28805 28806 28807 28808 28809 28810 28811 28812 28813 28814 28815 28816 28817 28818 28819 28820 28821 28822 28823 28824 28825 28826 28827 28828 28829 28830 28831 28832 28833 28834 28835 28836 28837 28838 28839 28840 28841 28842 28843 28844 28845 28846 28847 28848 28849 28850 ... 33330 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26373400 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 3007

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
June 07, 2021, 10:05:19 PM

this mofo chart buddy.

stay focused  Cool
click ignore  Grin
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2021, 10:07:13 PM

That dump was quick.
Surprise, surprise...

It kinda just started.

Matthew 16:23  Roll Eyes
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2021, 10:16:12 PM

I'm thinking that the president is moving ahead so quickly with the Bitcoin legislation that the US likely will not have time to react in time.

As governments tend to do, they will put together meetings, try to come up with their strategy, they'll make phone calls to gather information that we already know but will take them longer to figure out.

If El Salvador pulls it off in a week or so then it will happen.

If they get bogged down in the processes like the US government then it will likely be stopped.
Gyrsur
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2021, 10:22:22 PM

I read about Vince Cate a former U.S. citizen. He is also working on Seasteads.

Maybe the whole region is predestined to adopt Bitcoin.

somac.
Legendary

Activity: 2056
Merit: 1188

Never selling

View Profile
June 07, 2021, 10:23:51 PM

I'm thinking that the president is moving ahead so quickly with the Bitcoin legislation that the US likely will not have time to react in time.

As governments tend to do, they will put together meetings, try to come up with their strategy, they'll make phone calls to gather information that we already know but will take them longer to figure out.

If they get bogged down in the processes like the US government then it will likely be stopped.

And if it does get stopped what's the bet it dumps, even though it didn't pump on the initial announcement.
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
June 07, 2021, 10:29:54 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Likely some investors putting money off the table until things are sorted out, politics wise.
But what can the US do other than spread the usual FUD (money laundering and financing for terrorists) and start sanctioning ES?
If Bitcoin works for ES, it might trigger an avalanche of adoption. As a poor country, what do you have to lose? Keep watching the slow grind down of your economy?
It's fatal to wait in critical situations. You have to decide to move things towards a solution.

And if it does get stopped what's the bet it dumps, even though it didn't pump on the initial announcement.

I think market stability is counting more than optimistic outlook. And this time it's uncertainty, because of lack of experience of how things usually turn out in a specific situation. The money will likely come in later again, anyway.
Gatorelf

Activity: 845
Merit: 267

View Profile
June 07, 2021, 10:31:03 PM
Merited by Arriemoller (1)

this mofo chart buddy.

stay focused  Cool
click ignore  Grin

Cheesy Cheesy   yeh its irritating looks like the Marianas trench 
Gyrsur
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2021, 10:33:17 PM
Last edit: June 07, 2021, 10:43:41 PM by Gyrsur

no way it can be stopped. they worked 2 years on it in secret. would be a dumb move to go public and jeopardize it.

EDIT: Bot software has improved.  Shocked

EDIT2: sometimes the Bot software is using double space. Satoshi?  Roll Eyes
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10220

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 07, 2021, 10:34:02 PM

I am not exactly sure about their average costs per BTC in connection with MSTR's purchases in connection with each of the times that they issued the debt, but it seems that one was around $10k and the other was around $20k, but around a month ago, Saylor had announced that MSTR had an average BTC purchase price of around $24k per BTC for all of their BTC holdings.

So your scenario of BTC lingering at $30k for 5 years (or let's say another 4.5 years when those notes would come due) does not even put MSTR in the negative regarding their use of debt for those purchases. 

I meant that they would be under water with this latest debt-financed purchase (e.g at ~$34k) if BTC gets stuck in a prolonged bear season... but if you're saying they don't have to repay it - weird, but what do I know LOL - then I guess they have some breathing room.

Ok.  We might have been talking passed each other a bit, and I can ONLY follow so much, too.  I just did a superficial glance at the situation, and on the surface, the first two looked like debt instruments and the last one looks like issuing shares in the company.

I also had not realized that you were wanting to focus ONLY on the last one in terms of finances because companies make all kinds of financial decisions based on factors and considerations that might not exactly be in front of us.

There is a bit of prematurity in your suggesting that MSTR should not buy on the dip because the BTC price could dip some more, but seems to me that Saylor (and sure MSTR) is a bull's bull in terms of at least having his actions follow his word, and buying on the dip is a pretty solid strategy.   Sure, using credit in various kinds of ways, including if there is a desire to use company credit in order to sell shares, then people are ONLY going to pay for those shares if they believe that the shares are going to be worth the price.

So, sure there would always be some kind of short term issue that whenever you buy, whether it is at $40k, or $35k or $30k if the BTC price is going to dip more and if you have a plan for that, but if the price has already dipped, then there could be some presumption (that might end up being incorrect) that the bottom of $30,066 is either already "in" or close to being "in."

Still, being a public company I think there is a risk of a minority shareholder lawsuit or some shit like that, which could unravel the whole scheme. Not being a hedge fund or some other investment vehicle and trying to gamble on a very volatile asset seems like asking for trouble.

These are also calculations that need to be made, and probably through advise of counsel as well.  For sure, there were all kinds of disclosures that Saylor/MSTR did in Summer 2020 in terms of both offering to buy out anyone who did not agree with the intended company direction and then thereafter making disclosure of the company direction at the time and subsequent disclosures.  Seems to me that Saylor has been going overboard on various disclosures, and even if that might not give him a complete pass on getting sued, it does probably make it much more difficult for him to get sued by either a shareholder or even if some government agency were to proclaim that he is engaging in chicaneries.

MSTR (and Saylor et al) are making a speculative bet that the value of the bitcoin that they purchased with that debt is going to be higher than the price that they paid for the bitcoin with that debt (plus the 0.75% interest on the first one, and the second one was issued without interest, as I already mentioned).

Well, that's just that - if Bitcoin does well then surely they'll be able to refinance the debt and keep going possibly without ever selling any coins. But if it doesn't do well enough at the right time for MSTR and they have to dump a large chunk... that'll hurt quite a bit more than Musk's trolling.

I suppose any of us BTC HODLers or investors can consider these various factors in terms of trying to figure out our own allocations, as well as our own other various individual factors.  4-5 years into the future does seem like a considerable time to be considering that any of us would be placing a lot of importance on that (or including that some peeps may have overleveraged in their BTC - what else is new) in terms of our decisions about whether to hold BTC and/or how much to hold.

I am not even going to proclaim that your concern about some companies such as microstrategies overleveraging as being a non-concern, but you do seem to be focusing quite a bit on a large number of strings of events that would need to come true before your hypothetical about a possible situation would end up playing out 4-5 years down the road... not a non-issue, but many of us are going to make our investment choices based on more likely scenarios rather than less likely scenarios.. and sure, maybe you are starting to come to the conclusion that investing in BTC is just a big smoke and mirror situation and we got goofballs like Saylor and MSTR holding it up.. but that seems like exaggerated nonsense too.. almost as bad as the Tether FUD that has not really gone away yet either.

I'm still puzzled how we despise debt here - we do, right? -

I am not sure if we despise debt, because there are a variety of ways that debt can be considered - in terms of how governments might use it and in terms of how individuals might use it.

For example, any of us who were heavily in debt during the March 2020 liquidity event and subsequent reactions would have been punished the fuck out of because of our debts.. especially when the government reacted the way that it did... but if any of us were in a position leverage our cash during that time, we may could have done quite well... I am surely not claiming to be any kind of expert, but I know a lot of people who have figure out a variety of ways to leverage debt to their advantage whether that is buying bitcoin or real estate or business ventures or getting an education that lands them a position or a salary that they would have never been able to achieve without such debt leverage..

There are also people who consume the fuck out of things, and never get out of debt slavery, and there continues to be considerable differences between using debt to invest in appreciating assets versus investing in depreciating assets and living way beyond your means.. I would not lump all of that into a big "debt is bad" category, because each of us has to figure out ways to live within the system that we have and try to be smart about our choices rather than getting fucked by the system or engaging in dumbass behaviors that increase our likelihood of getting fucked rather than protecting ourselves in variety of ways including investing in ourselves (or perhaps likely appreciating assets) in various ways.

but still cheer debt-fueled speculation.

Again.. depends upon the type of speculation... It is quite crazy that the various governments have engaged in a behavior to blindly print the dollar while denying that there is inflation. and if there are some peeps who are in a position to see what is happening or what is likely to happen, they can both engage in behaviors to attempt to protect themselves or to engage in various kinds of speculative attacks, which seems to be a kind of variation that Saylor is attempting t accomplish.. and even that is not guaranteed, but seems to be a pretty solid bet in the various ways that he has been doing it, so far.. will he get in trouble either financially or through government or shareholder charges (which may also involve government behavior through the judicial system), time will tell, and each of us have choices in terms of considering if we believe that we are able to use any of those kinds of tactics.. too or if we want to be on the other side of such trade, if the matter ends up blowing up in a direction that was not anticipated.
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
June 07, 2021, 10:37:07 PM

no way it can be stopped. they worked 2 years on it in secret. would be a dumb move to go public and jeopardize it.

Pulling back would surely hurt, see Tesla for a recent reference.
Pushing through might work. If they just play these odds, there's only one answer.

EDIT: Engaging #hodlsleep in 3... 2... 1...
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
June 07, 2021, 10:43:57 PM

https://twitter.com/BTC_Archive/status/1401631127408988162

ZERO% capital gains tax on #Bitcoin  in El Salvador.

Immediate permanente résidence for #Bitcoin entrepreneurs Thinking face

Source: The President

... jurisdictional arbitrage is the beginning of the end game.

And what is the end game?

... disruption (preferably destruction) of fiat legal tender statutes.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
June 07, 2021, 10:48:45 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

... these unnatural dumps appear timed for illiquid market hours.

... also couldn't let the El Salavador news gain any momentum on price.

... probably JPMorgan carrying the water for Uncle Scam defending the rotten dollar pyramid scheme.

... seen it all before in Gold and Silver markets, I think the war for btc price control is beginning is earnest, any allies are good allies now.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2021, 10:49:56 PM
Merited by Gyrsur (1)

I read about Vince Cate a former U.S. citizen. He is also working on Seasteads.

Maybe the whole region is predestined to adopt Bitcoin.

He is a friend on Facebook but I don't believe I have met him.

Anguilla is a bit too far north for my taste. Most seastead designs go out the window when factoring in a hurricane.

Sure you can build a submersible but that essentially becomes a submarine that can emerge since you have to go pretty deep during a hurricane.

A moveable seastead works as well but then you have trade-offs between being a boat and being something that can sit in one place with big waves.

Not impossible but with no hurricanes in Panama it makes sense to start things easier than make life more difficult.

El Salvador is also a bit too far north but hurricanes there tend to come east to west over land so they are more rare.

The likely scenario for a hurricane is that you evacuate in the same way that states evacuate during a hurricane. And you hope your home is still there when you return.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
June 07, 2021, 11:01:26 PM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2021, 11:05:28 PM

EDIT2: sometimes the Bot software is using double space. Satoshi?  Roll Eyes

It's like using the term "blockchain" / "crypto" when fraidie kitty-cat to use "bitcoin".

hahahaha

Bot software...?

I prefer capitalizening:  "Bot Software"TM

The space is ok.  #justsaying

nadie de homie

... these unnatural dumps appear timed for illiquid market hours.

... also couldn't let the El Salavador news gain any momentum on price.

... probably JPMorgan carrying the water for Uncle Scam defending the rotten dollar pyramid scheme.

... seen it all before in Gold and Silver markets, I think the war for btc price control is beginning is earnest, any allies are good allies now.

In other words, desperate times call for desperate measures...

#Crying now.
Gyrsur
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2021, 11:08:17 PM

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/07/us-recovers-some-of-the-money-paid-in-the-colonial-pipeline-ransom-officials-say.html

https://www.npr.org/2021/06/07/1004050873/u-s-retrieves-some-of-the-colonial-pipeline-ransom

HOW??

how is that possible??
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2021, 11:16:13 PM

Gyrsur
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2021, 11:25:31 PM

Gyrsur
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2021, 11:43:38 PM
Last edit: June 07, 2021, 11:59:22 PM by Gyrsur
Merited by bitcoinPsycho (1)

NO PANIC ON THE TITANIC
because reasons!

Spring is here:

EDIT: Wyckoff 101 — Part 3: Accumulation

ST — secondary test, in which price revisits the area of the SC (selling climax) to test the supply/demand balance at these levels. If a bottom is to be confirmed, volume and price spread should be significantly diminished as the market approaches support in the area of the SC. It is common to have multiple STs after a SC.

Test — Large operators always test the market for supply throughout a TR (e.g., STs and springs) and at key points during a price advance. If considerable supply emerges on a test, the market is often not ready to be marked up. A spring is often followed by one or more tests; a successful test (indicating that further price increases will follow) typically makes a higher low on lesser volume.
Gatorelf

Activity: 845
Merit: 267

View Profile
June 07, 2021, 11:52:07 PM

probably not a lot of 75 BTC transaction on that day,  soooo follow the money
Pages: « 1 ... 28750 28751 28752 28753 28754 28755 28756 28757 28758 28759 28760 28761 28762 28763 28764 28765 28766 28767 28768 28769 28770 28771 28772 28773 28774 28775 28776 28777 28778 28779 28780 28781 28782 28783 28784 28785 28786 28787 28788 28789 28790 28791 28792 28793 28794 28795 28796 28797 28798 28799 [28800] 28801 28802 28803 28804 28805 28806 28807 28808 28809 28810 28811 28812 28813 28814 28815 28816 28817 28818 28819 28820 28821 28822 28823 28824 28825 28826 28827 28828 28829 28830 28831 28832 28833 28834 28835 28836 28837 28838 28839 28840 28841 28842 28843 28844 28845 28846 28847 28848 28849 28850 ... 33330 »
  Print  

Jump to: