April 28, 2024, 12:12:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 29152 29153 29154 29155 29156 29157 29158 29159 29160 29161 29162 29163 29164 29165 29166 29167 29168 29169 29170 29171 29172 29173 29174 29175 29176 29177 29178 29179 29180 29181 29182 29183 29184 29185 29186 29187 29188 29189 29190 29191 29192 29193 29194 29195 29196 29197 29198 29199 29200 29201 [29202] 29203 29204 29205 29206 29207 29208 29209 29210 29211 29212 29213 29214 29215 29216 29217 29218 29219 29220 29221 29222 29223 29224 29225 29226 29227 29228 29229 29230 29231 29232 29233 29234 29235 29236 29237 29238 29239 29240 29241 29242 29243 29244 29245 29246 29247 29248 29249 29250 29251 29252 ... 33305 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368844 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Berk

Activity: 99
Merit: 21

View Profile
August 17, 2021, 04:19:03 PM
Merited by Zedpastin (5)

If BTC hits 250k$, I will achieve financial freedom. Cheesy
I think everyone in the thread would achieve financial freedom if it hit that high. I have had my hopes reinvigorated recently because of the rise of Bitcoin price it really was a bad time for me when it hit the lows we were seeing. I held onto my Bitcoin just in case it recovered but I will be honest I was not expecting it to but I was in a bad place. I am glad that I was proven wrong it recovered and hoping now it will rally to new heights.  

If I was to ask everyone here the realistic chance of it reaching 250k do you think it will happen and when?
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1660

Verified Bitcoin Hodler

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2021, 04:36:31 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (5), vapourminer (2)

OT: a strange thunderstorm yesterday in H-town. Lightning mostly at a very sharp angle, instead of usual where most lightning is typically close to the right angle.
Lost power for a while, but then some strange electrical event occurred.
Some bulbs, especially those that are 'new' (economical) type started glowing in red (not white or yellow) and several electrical outlets (I assume those with fuses) started a slight buzz (which I recorded) for a good 15-20 min, then stopped.

I am not an electrician, but what could have caused it? Some residual charge in the air? It was very weird, never seen/heard anything like that.

sideways lightning, bulbs glowing red, outlets 'buzzing', I don't know of any natural electrical  thunderstorm phenomena that can produce those kind of effects ... that sounds well, unbelievable, have you considered alien activity in the area? Or some other kind of radiation, increased solar proton flux? What latitude are you at?

here is the weird 'induced" light..it was not flickering, steady.

normal light from the same lamp for comparison

Latitude-About 30oN.

Can you upload the video? That would be very nice of you.

As to the buzzing and bulbs, it sounds like your electrical grid may have had a transient voltage running through it due to induction from a strong electromagnetic field that could be explained by the lightning.

edit: Im guessing the bulbs are red because the transient voltage was really weak and could only produce light of a longer EM wavelength and the buzzing was the generated electrical potential slowly being discharged again as static electricity going to ground.
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3514

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
August 17, 2021, 04:38:32 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (3), Paashaas (1)

I think everyone in the thread would achieve financial freedom if it hit that high. I have had my hopes reinvigorated recently because of the rise of Bitcoin price it really was a bad time for me when it hit the lows we were seeing. I held onto my Bitcoin just in case it recovered but I will be honest I was not expecting it to but I was in a bad place. I am glad that I was proven wrong it recovered and hoping now it will rally to new heights. 

If I was to ask everyone here the realistic chance of it reaching 250k do you think it will happen and when?

some here already have reached financial freedom so the current price doesnt really matter, and some wont even @ 250K USD. all sorts here. and dont forget bitcoins famed volatility. +/- 75% or even more seems a recurring theme, just depends on the timing.

as for if/when.. while its probably a not reasonable price at some point, some here have reasoned (fairly well) that it could be 1/2 that (150ish k) in a decade.

IOW no i personally have no clue. we are still at an early stage in this grand experiment imo.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
August 17, 2021, 05:01:27 PM

Explanation
Farmer Bill

Activity: 297
Merit: 416

View Profile
August 17, 2021, 05:26:17 PM

@shahzadafzal If anyone celebrating this fuckup in Pakistan (recent events in Afg), please remind them that not one Afghani recognize the Durand line, be it your good taliban or bad taliban.

Celebrating??? You got it wrong my friend… stop trusting your media and yelling journalists they just want to make it a sensational news.

Remember this is not a celebration for Taliban winning… but it’s a laugh on a Big Daddy the mighty might and not only Pakistanis but world is laughing too. Champions of the peace have left the country in chaos. People are literally falling from skies. There are more daily killings in Afghanistan as compared to 2001.

Who’s ready to fight Taliban in Afghanistan yet again? Americas might be safe sitting thousands of miles away but what options do neighboring countries have? Think..

Any news angle on Afghanistan from your part of the world shahzadafzal is welcome.

Zedpastin

Activity: 363
Merit: 323

Infographics save lives

View Profile
August 17, 2021, 05:29:47 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (3)

Financial freedom is hard to define. Some people would only require 250k to retire others would need to have 1 million-5 million to retire. It depends on your age your commitments and your living style. If you are age 20 and do not have a house then you would need at least 150-250k for a reasonable house. If you have children then you can factor in that you will probably spend tens of 1000s on them. If you have medical issues that you could not predict then that could range from a couple of 1000 to 100k+ depending on if you have insurance and if the insurance will cover your medical problem.

I think a good estimate is 2 million for those that are frugal, 3 million for those that are moderate livers and 5 million to retire almost everyone. For my prediction I would say 100k in 5 years is reasonable and 250k+ in 10 years would be stretching it but possible.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10180

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
August 17, 2021, 05:39:33 PM
Last edit: August 17, 2021, 06:10:11 PM by JayJuanGee
Merited by El duderino_ (3), AlcoHoDL (1)

$300k to $600k  - Moderately highly bullish  -   about 7.25% odds

just point out this line Can you tell me {$300k to $600k} going to be sure and very fast? We ourselves are accustomed to seeing many things but we hope that this is going to happen very soon. Now the question may be why we are hoping so much, I want to say here since we are having a good time a few days ago, we can hope that {$300k to $600k} will pass very soon.

Of course, I am shooting the numbers out of my ass a wee bit in terms of attempting to assign odds that add up to 100%, and probably it is worth reposting and discussing all of the numbers in the chart as they add up and can be added together to hopefully arrive at logical and consistent ideas (even if a wee bit out of my ass and from my own personal senses of bitcoin price possibilities for this cycle, at the moment - which such personal senses can surely change with the passage of time and changes in circumstances)..

So if you add up the numbers in the chart, even my proclamation of "we are going more UP higher than $48k" all adds up to 72% as compared with going down from $48k to be 28%.. and I am even struggling whether that is a good way of thinking about some of the particulars of various ranges within this matter even with the whole thing adding up to 100%, so it should capture all possibilities, even if I am not correct in terms of my speculating on the current odds for each range within this cycle.  

Edited repost:
above $1.5 million  - unthinkable of most bullish of scenarios  -   about .5% odds

$800k to $1.5 million  - most bullish of scenarios  -   about 2.5% odds

$600k to $800k  - 2nd most bullish of scenarios  -   about 4.25% odds

$300k to $600k  - Moderately highly bullish  -   about 7.25% 7.75% odds

$100k $150k to $300k  - normal range bullish  -   about 12.5% 15.5% odds

$65k $80k to $100k $150k  - hardly bullish - but at least a new ATH as our top  -   about 13% 16% odds

$55k to $65k $80k  - deadman's zone.. not likely to be a top  -   about 14.5% 8% odds

$current price$48k to $55k  - relatively bearish  -   about 18% odds

down from here $48k - most bearish - but possible  -   about 28% odds

**Edited to more adequately account for my reconsideration of what is likely to be a $55k to $80k deadman's zone, which ended up screwing up the various other numbers. and messing up my earlier chart, somewhat.. though the chart should still should be decipherable after the various rethinkening edits.

So the further up that the BTC price goes, the less that can be added onto the odds of the price ending up in that upper range.. I suppose that there could be some flattening out, which does not really seem to happen in my chart, but the deadman zone ends up having lower odds because it seems to be a kind of pass through zone that is NOT likely to get stuck in there, so in essence once the BTC price gets above $55k (if it does) - in my example, the top is likely to NOT get stuck in that zone, so the odds are lower in that area than the areas around it, even though the top still retains about an 8% chance of getting stuck in that no man's zone, but the odds are low, relatively speaking (and sure of course, I am still considering what number is the entry point to the no man's zone and where is the end, so I might want to tweak those entry and exit points with either more clarity of my thoughts or maybe changes in the facts in terms of if how the BTC price is playing out changes away from earlier presumptions that I have and I might not be articulating too well, for whatever reason.. including that I might not know logic or facts.. but then find out later).

As far as timeline, sure it is likely to take longer to play out for the top the higher the projected top price number and there could be some decently strong BTC price corrections along the way that still do not end up taking us out of the bull trend but cause delay and could cause for either stronger or weaker rebounds.. but still ending up in an up trend or getting stuck in the no man's zone for way longer than theoretically anticipated.. things like that could change the timeline... fuck math and science.. we gotta be rolling with the punches rather than trying to act as if we know what is going to happen before it actually happens.

Just like our most recent correction from $65k to $28.6 has not yet taken us out of the bull trend, as far as I can tell.. but we are still within the correction zone, so the facts have not exactly played out completely for any of us to be concluding that we know much of anything about which way that we might be going from here, except for assigning odds and weights to various factors.  

In other words, we cannot really know for sure about what conditions would cause us to conclude that we are still in the same UPpity trend versus having corrections that are low enough and long enough to take us out of such UPpity trend... and sometimes we really cannot conclude with high certainty until a decent amount of time has passed and we are no longer in the midst of it, even though I surely continue to conclude that if we actually are in a bull market then the odds of breaking up should be stronger than breaking down, and any of us can question what kinds of happenings break our current presumptions (and how strong are the presumptions, too).  For sure, people have differing ways of framing the whole price dynamic matter and how much weight to assign to various factors that would then affect the conclusions that they reach from the same facts and logic, but they are giving differing weights than other peeps (and sometime talking their books too or filled with hopium and being dweebs (those fucks) rather than really attempting to honestly assess where we are at under fair and reasonable parameters.. and some of it is surely not intentionally being a dweeb, too).  

So current theories about timeline for the top of this cycle would be something like this:

1) the top is already in (maybe 49% or so),
2) the top takes less than 5 months to play out (so this calendar year) (maybe 28% or so)
3) the top takes until 2 or 3rd quarter of 2022 to play out (maybe 18% or so) or
4) the top takes longer than a year from now to play out. (maybe 5% or so)

Again.. the numbers add up to 100% so account for all scenarios.. even though the estimates are somewhat out of my ass, so they could be wrong in terms of fair probabilities of how long it may well take for this cycle to play out.

just point out this line Can you tell me {$300k to $600k} going to be sure and very fast?
There is no "sure" in Bitcoin. And that's for sure Smiley

It's funny because my out of my llama maths and sciences were not even close to "sure" but peeps (are these kinds of peeps normies or what?) still demonstrate that they tend to have BIG ASS inclinations to gravitate towards a "sure" interpretations of the same data that I had assigned about 7.25% odds....

......or maybe if put into context, we would have ended up arriving at 14.5% odds of passing through somewhere into the supra $300k territories (that is 7.25% + 4.25% + 2.5% + .5% = 14.5%)..  I am looking at the numbers and thinking that maybe I am overly pie in the sky bullish too with my numbers.. holy shit.. those are pretty high odds for supra $300k for this cycle.... and.. my updated numbers of the above chart show 15% odds to get $300k or above within this cycle  (that is 7.75% + 4.25% + 2.5% + .5% = 15%) .. I don't know... just kind of attempting my best at putting my senses into numbers with a kind of guesstimating.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7969

View Profile
August 17, 2021, 05:41:47 PM

Financial freedom is hard to define. Some people would only require 250k to retire others would need to have 1 million-5 million to retire. It depends on your age your commitments and your living style. If you are age 20 and do not have a house then you would need at least 150-250k for a reasonable house. If you have children then you can factor in that you will probably spend tens of 1000s on them. If you have medical issues that you could not predict then that could range from a couple of 1000 to 100k+ depending on if you have insurance and if the insurance will cover your medical problem.

I think a good estimate is 2 million for those that are frugal, 3 million for those that are moderate livers and 5 million to retire almost everyone. For my prediction I would say 100k in 5 years is reasonable and 250k+ in 10 years would be stretching it but possible.

Not sure where you're living but there is no "reasonable" house in North America for $150k - you'd be lucky to get a trailer on leased land for that price.

edit: The average house price in Canada (April 2021) is $716k
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/photos/canada-real-estate-prices-scroller-1.6004260
Zedpastin

Infographics save lives

View Profile
August 17, 2021, 05:53:51 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (3), JayJuanGee (1)

Not sure where you're living but there is no "reasonable" house in North America for $150k - you'd be lucky to get a trailer on leased land for that price.

edit: The average house price in Canada (April 2021) is $716k
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/photos/canada-real-estate-prices-scroller-1.6004260

I am basing it off a one person home 150k will be enough. If you have a family then you would probably need a 2-3 bedroom house which the price goes up by a lot. This is why I said if you have a family then you will require a lot more funds to be financially free. That was the bottom of my price range which was a estimate but it will be closer to the 200-250 estimation.

Houses are cheaper outside cities the average house price is inflated because of that. In rural areas the price will be cheaper because there is a lack of work and other luxuries but if you are rich or financially free then you do not care about the work.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2021, 06:01:34 PM

Explanation
Zedpastin

Infographics save lives

View Profile
August 17, 2021, 06:13:29 PM

What do you define as financially free? What are the basic necessities to life?

House
Car?
Food on the table

There are no other necessities that I can think of even the car is not necessary. The only things you need are a place to put your head and food on the table. If you have that then everything else is luxuries. OK I know that a lot people including me will want more from life than that but I think everyone holding 1 Bitcoin @ 250k could be financially free if they already own the above. If not then it would probably take 2-5 Bitcoin for them to be financially free depending on where they live. What do you think?
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2021, 06:28:54 PM
Merited by fillippone (3), AlcoHoDL (1)

PlanB is explaining the fine prints:

https://twitter.com/100trillionUSD/status/1427300104608919556?s=20

Anyway, S2F is fine for me.
135K for Dec would be ok for me.
170K for Dec... better for reasons

For sure I like PlanB and his data, but sometimes I have to think: "holy fucking shit" or oh gawd...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes....is the guy delusional, or what? 

He is supposed to be a scientist.  $43k for September and $63k for October as a worse case scenario.. holy fucking shit.. that is almost retarded.. like the odds are zero that we will go below $43k in September or zero odds that we will go below $63k in October..

I never heard anything more ridiculous from a supposed science.. even though I agree with a lot of his other ideas and about the model, but he seems to conclude that the model is broken if any of the things beyond the model expectation parameters play out such as the below $43k for September or the below $63k for October.   

He seems to be inviting his own failure (or the failure of his model and then if the unthinkable were to occur then he has to revise his conceptualization of model parameters and blah blah blah and say .. but what I meant to say was.. blah blah blah).. 

Please.. let's get a divorce.. ... divorce PlanB from his own model.  #nohomo

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Please note for what it is worth that I claim to be a layperson non-scientist making these kinds of criticism of the scientist assertions.
Philipma1957cellphone

Activity: 416
Merit: 125

View Profile
August 17, 2021, 06:31:23 PM
Merited by vapourminer (2), JayJuanGee (2), El duderino_ (2), Biodom (1)

What do you define as financially free? What are the basic necessities to life?

House
Car?
Food on the table

There are no other necessities that I can think of even the car is not necessary. The only things you need are a place to put your head and food on the table. If you have that then everything else is luxuries. OK I know that a lot people including me will want more from life than that but I think everyone holding 1 Bitcoin @ 250k could be financially free if they already own the above. If not then it would probably take 2-5 Bitcoin for them to be financially free depending on where they live. What do you think?

What is freedom ?

A shelter?
A shelter in a low crime area?
A way to get food easy?
Some one to make love with?
Easy transportation?

I Live in low crime suburban area in New Jersey.
A nice home with a 1/3 of an acre is 450k
Tax is about 10k.

My style of home in USA could be as low as 200k tax under 2k
It could be as high as 800k tax of 20k.

So for me and my wife I need 2million to replace our pension  and our insurance.

That frees us from the federal government pension and insurance . Just in case the USA falters.

I have a lot of relatives in multiple countries I could flee to.

Say Australia, Italy  ,  Argentina.

So BTC gives me a chance to leave the USA if I have to.
Zedpastin

Infographics save lives

View Profile
August 17, 2021, 06:32:05 PM

What is freedom ?

A shelter?
A shelter in a low crime area?
A way to get food easy?
Some one to make love with?
Easy transportation?

I Live in low crime suburban area in New Jersey.
A nice home with a 1/3 of an acre is 450k
Tax is about 10k.

My style of home in USA could be as low as 200k tax under 2k
It could be as high as 800k tax of 20k.

So for me and my wife I need 2million to replace our pension  and our insurance.

That frees us from the federal government pension and insurance . Just in case the USA falters.

I have a lot of relatives in multiple countries I could flee to.

Say Australia, Italy  ,  Argentina.

So BTC gives me a chance to leave the USA if I have to.
I would give you some merit but I am out have some WOmerit +5 instead.

I think you bring up a good reason that if Bitcoin did get 250k or any amount that you need to get financially free the USA is probably not the best place to live if you are thinking about living as cheap as you can. There are many other countries where the cost of living is less and the lifestyle or quality of lifestyle might be the same.

For sure I like PlanB and his data, but sometimes I have to think: "holy fucking shit" or oh gawd...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes....is the guy delusional, or what?  

He is supposed to be a scientist.  $43k for September and $63k for October as a worse case scenario.. holy fucking shit.. that is almost retarded.. like the odds are zero that we will go below $43k in September or zero odds that we will go below $63k in October..

I never heard anything more ridiculous from a supposed science.. even though I agree with a lot of his other ideas and about the model, but he seems to conclude that the model is broken if any of the things beyond the model expectation parameters play out such as the below $43k for September or the below $63k for October.  

He seems to be inviting his own failure (or the failure of his model and then if the unthinkable were to occur then he has to revise his conceptualization of model parameters and blah blah blah and say .. but what I meant to say was.. blah blah blah)..  

Please.. let's get a divorce.. ... divorce PlanB from his own model.  #nohomo

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Please note for what it is worth that I claim to be a layperson non-scientist making these kinds of criticism of the scientist assertions.
Scientist does not mean they know about the economy and he demonstrates this by his wild predictions. What type of scientist is he suppose to be any way?
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2021, 06:45:20 PM

Oh?

Interesante.

I suppose that you are talking about this cycle.. so maybe within the next 4 months to 12months -ish?

Probably not a bad place to be..., even though it seems that you are measuring your own purported conversion to financial freedom status from a potential BTC price top.. or am I misreading you...

If so, many of us realize that bitcoin remains a volatile as fuck asset, and some of us proclaim that volatility is close to inevitable in bitcoin, which means that it likely close to one of the ONLY things that you are able to rely upon.. even though not really knowing which direction, so I wonder how you could lock in financial freedom from that $250k price in the event that it were to be a top, rather than a bottom?

Seems to me that would probably need to get into a kind of $1.5 million-ish territory before we might be able to start presuming anything in the range of $250k as a potential bottom-ish price arena.

just point out this line Can you tell me {$300k to $600k} going to be sure and very fast?
There is no "sure" in Bitcoin. And that's for sure Smiley
Are you sure?
No.

Reminds me of never say never.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Zedpastin

Infographics save lives

View Profile
August 17, 2021, 06:59:05 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

If so, many of us realize that bitcoin remains a volatile as fuck asset, and some of us proclaim that volatility is close to inevitable in bitcoin, which means that it likely close to one of the ONLY things that you are able to rely upon.. even though not really knowing which direction, so I wonder how you could lock in financial freedom from that $250k price in the event that it were to be a top, rather than a bottom?

Seems to me that would probably need to get into a kind of $1.5 million-ish territory before we might be able to start presuming anything in the range of $250k as a potential bottom-ish price arena.
Good post I agree that only the people that intend on taking their Bitcoin out at 250k would be financially free but then are you free because you took your money out of Bitcoin and put it into a dying fiat currency which will be having a big amount of inflation?

I think if you were to safe guard your investment you would withdraw 50/50 in Bitcoin and fiat. withdrawing 50% of your Bitcoin holdings when it reaches 250k and using that money for a house and to buy assets then retaining the rest in Bitcoin and use that for every day life?
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2021, 07:01:27 PM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2021, 07:15:08 PM

Good morning Bitcoinland.

Still going sideways in the $4xxxx range... currently $46515USD/$58675USD (Bitcoinaverage).

It's a long hot summer.

Nice tattoo (if you like tattoos).

I'm curious why you've spurned Jeff Bridges in favor of Leonardo Dicaprio.

Is it because Bridges is a boomer and Dicaprio is gen-X?

Seems that the dude already has both..

Imagine a classic Ron Jeremy on my arm or leg  Cool

Aren't all your arms and legs full yet?

That's part of the rationale why this here "dude's" preference would be the henna tattoo, and I would imagine that they hurt less worser, too (not that I am speaking from experience beyond speculative observations).

dunno...stuck in a s/r zone at $46kish
does not seem like a breakout upwards is on the table just yet
so either sideways or one more spike down for the year...seems to be a thing in Q3
I do think right now anything I say the opposite might happen...something to think about
anyway...ready, steady go

4h

D

Not that I am proclaiming ownership, but are you trying to steal my "go to" line? 

"It's 50/50 dude."

Angry Angry Angry Angry

I'm so angry.. on the inside

I think everyone in the thread would achieve financial freedom if it hit that high.

Everyone?

I wonder about that.

Do you believe that 0.21 BTC is going to bring financial freedom at $250k for some of us?  That's merely $52,500.  And some even more newbies have not even reached that level of BTC accumulation, yet.  Furthermore, who is to say that we are even able to hang onto the quantity of BTC that we currently own if the BTC price goes up more than 5x from here in terms of fiat value? 

BTC HODLers/accumulators get excited frequently and cannot even recall what their goal(s) was(were), if they had any in the first place, and then frequently, those kinds of peeps sell way too much of whatever BTC they did happen to have too early.. I have seen those kinds of behaviors.. even from WO regulars,  time and time again..

I have had my hopes reinvigorated recently because of the rise of Bitcoin price it really was a bad time for me when it hit the lows we were seeing. I held onto my Bitcoin just in case it recovered but I will be honest I was not expecting it to but I was in a bad place. I am glad that I was proven wrong it recovered and hoping now it will rally to new heights.  

I will agree with you that it surely can be difficult to HODL through dips, so you are kind of arguing my point regarding the difficulties that some folks are going to have in terms of having any BTC left in their investment portfolio in the event that we were to make it to $250k prices were it to occur this cycle or were it to take one or two more cycles to play out.

I already partly answered this in terms of my current expectations about various probabilities for the top of the BTC price for this cycle.. even though the analysis price range that I used was $150k to $300k..   

Furthermore, if we were to attempt to assign odds that go beyond this particular, the various projected scenarios could would likely come out different in terms of first speculating this cycle and then that could affect the next cycle.. so surely, the further out the more speculative the whole matter becomes.... so we are lucky enough to attempt to get prediction attempts that are kept within this cycle.. presuming that there is such a thing as a cycle, too... 
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
August 17, 2021, 07:49:05 PM
Merited by Biodom (1)

OT: a strange thunderstorm yesterday in H-town. Lightning mostly at a very sharp angle, instead of usual where most lightning is typically close to the right angle.
Some bulbs, especially those that are 'new' (economical) type started glowing in red (not white or yellow) and several electrical outlets (I assume those with fuses) started a slight buzz (which I recorded) for a good 15-20 min, then stopped.

I am not an electrician, but what could have caused it? Some residual charge in the air? It was very weird, never seen/heard anything like that.

sideways lightning, bulbs glowing red, outlets 'buzzing', I don't know of any natural electrical  thunderstorm phenomena that can produce those kind of effects ... that sounds well, unbelievable, have you considered alien activity in the area? Or some other kind of radiation, increased solar proton flux? What latitude are you at?

Latitude-About 30oN.

I think I have an explanation for you, but I have to run now, Ill post it later.
But here's a hint. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvQ9H9K7XeM

After returning home and reading through other answers to your question I think it has been answered already so I'll just make it short.

Sideways lightning is not at all unheard of, this creates (low voltage) "electricity in the air" this "electricity" or electromagnetic radiation can be picked up by some electric equipment like for example luminous bulbs and/or power lines and make things go weird in your home.
The red bulb is read because of low voltage.
Aliens not involved.

Fun facts

Farmers sometimes place luminous tubes next to electric fencing to check if it works, when there's a power pulse the tube lights up.

A farmer in Sweden some years ago put a roll of barbed wire under a high voltage power line and ran two wires to his barn, he used this electricity to power his barn and garage.
Unfortunately for him the power company sent a crew out to trim the growth under the wires, and they found the roll of barbed wire, followed the wires to the barn, and he was busted and charged with electricity theft.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3844

View Profile
August 17, 2021, 07:57:30 PM

[snip]

[snip]

Latitude-About 30oN.

I think I have an explanation for you, but I have to run now, Ill post it later.
But here's a hint. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvQ9H9K7XeM

After returning home and reading through other answers to your question I think it has been answered already so I'll just make it short.

Sideways lightning is not at all unheard of, this creates (low voltage) "electricity in the air" this "electricity" or electromagnetic radiation can be picked up by some electric equipment like for example luminous bulbs and/or power lines and make things go weird in your home.
The red bulb is read because of low voltage.
Aliens not involved.

Fun facts

Farmers sometimes place luminous tubes next to electric fencing to check if it works, when there's a power pulse the tube lights up.

A farmer in Sweden some years ago put a roll of barbed wire under a high voltage power line and ran two wires to his barn, he used this electricity to power his barn and garage.
Unfortunately for him the power company sent a crew out to trim the growth under the wires, and they found the roll of barbed wire, followed the wires to the barn, and he was busted and charged with electricity theft.

Thanks, it all makes sense.
Pages: « 1 ... 29152 29153 29154 29155 29156 29157 29158 29159 29160 29161 29162 29163 29164 29165 29166 29167 29168 29169 29170 29171 29172 29173 29174 29175 29176 29177 29178 29179 29180 29181 29182 29183 29184 29185 29186 29187 29188 29189 29190 29191 29192 29193 29194 29195 29196 29197 29198 29199 29200 29201 [29202] 29203 29204 29205 29206 29207 29208 29209 29210 29211 29212 29213 29214 29215 29216 29217 29218 29219 29220 29221 29222 29223 29224 29225 29226 29227 29228 29229 29230 29231 29232 29233 29234 29235 29236 29237 29238 29239 29240 29241 29242 29243 29244 29245 29246 29247 29248 29249 29250 29251 29252 ... 33305 »
  Print  

Jump to: