April 26, 2024, 07:23:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 29669 29670 29671 29672 29673 29674 29675 29676 29677 29678 29679 29680 29681 29682 29683 29684 29685 29686 29687 29688 29689 29690 29691 29692 29693 29694 29695 29696 29697 29698 29699 29700 29701 29702 29703 29704 29705 29706 29707 29708 29709 29710 29711 29712 29713 29714 29715 29716 29717 29718 [29719] 29720 29721 29722 29723 29724 29725 29726 29727 29728 29729 29730 29731 29732 29733 29734 29735 29736 29737 29738 29739 29740 29741 29742 29743 29744 29745 29746 29747 29748 29749 29750 29751 29752 29753 29754 29755 29756 29757 29758 29759 29760 29761 29762 29763 29764 29765 29766 29767 29768 29769 ... 33303 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368297 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
naim027

Activity: 476
Merit: 523

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 08:07:31 PM

Oh, he's asking about the WO cult of hats...

Wall Observers Should have hats? Do you guys have any regulatory organizations or something like that?

LOL
Get a grip, man  Cheesy
Sorry, i didn't mark my comment (the one you quoted) as irony  Roll Eyes
It's all in the thread i linked you to.

Question is can you read the thread faster than jjg can type?
Probably not

Oh No 🙏🙏 I will never dare to do this.
He might be a writing bot 😁

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 08:09:53 PM

How do you make your hash? pollom or extract?
Asking for a friend  Grin

Bubbles?
naim027

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 08:11:32 PM
Last edit: October 12, 2022, 01:33:18 PM by naim027
Merited by rdbase (2), Symmetrick (2)

If we open the 4H chart of BTC, we can see that BTC is in Descending Triangle pattern. And BTC's price is currently in the demand zone and here the price has been on the sideway for two days now. sideways range: 61500-58500. If the market trades above this range then we can expect BTC Descending Triangle to breakout.

On the other hand, if the market cannot hold the current demand zone, then panic selling will start in the market. And a good dump will come in altcoin. But fundamentally, the impact that the Indian government has made on BTC today will have an impact on the market, because when a country's government tweets positively about BTC, it has a lot of impact on the market. But all in all, although we are bullish on BTC, we need to keep an eye on the chart all the time. Because when market makers do something behind the scenes, a lot of their impressions fall on the market charts. Seeing that, one can easily understand what is happening behind the scenes.

On Thursday, November 18, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said cryptocurrencies must not fall into the “wrong hands and spoil our youth", urging all democratic nations to come together and ensure things like these do not happen. The government and the RBI had recently hinted about floating a strong regulatory control on cryptocurrency to avoid money laundering and terror financing, rather than banning it entirely.

Source: The Indian government may not opt for a Bitcoin ban but is likely to impose regulations on cryptocurrency
https://indtoday.com/bitcoin-ban-in-india-know-what-experts-say/
Farmer Bill

Activity: 297
Merit: 416

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 08:11:51 PM

Ice hash from fine sieve bags.

I don't use tobacco either just a simple pipe.

I'm just not used to it everyday, like some of you guys.

Tried the butane method through a perfume extractor, but lots of problems, obtaining odorless butane, safety and so on.

I'm only used to it when i do it on a regular basis. After a week off i'm smashed after a vape or cookie. I'm that recreational type of user, on evenings only.
Sieves are providing the most pure, natural pollom, imo. I also tried alcoholic extraction (oil) but wasn't satisfied with the results, it's also hard to get the right alcohol for it.
I used those grinders sporting the sieved bottom compartment for many years, until i started vaping and collecting the sticky remains, which got already decarboxylated by hot air. Perfect for non-smoking purposes.

Does getting stoned help or hinder your existing memory problem?

Greyhats

Activity: 164
Merit: 99

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 08:16:29 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (2), vapourminer (1)

I much prefer reading WO when we are downity, I can almost sense how different folks deal with it in how they reply:

Meme poster - hiding behind humour
Miner poster - hiding behind dca at scale
TA/Charts poster - hiding behind perceived intelligence
Finger pointing poster - hiding behind blame
Hopium poster - hiding behind bull characteristics
FUD poster - hiding behind bear characteristics

The commonality is we all recognises the price movement we just express it different ways. I find that highly enjoyable to figure out who is who based on their posting habits purely as a distraction away from the downity. Did I miss any poster types?
HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 08:19:23 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (6), vapourminer (1), JayJuanGee (1)

If this carries on dumping, I may ask Bob for a job as a farm hand on his ranch. Either that or Mcd’s.

Really hope the bottom is in & we get back to 60k ASAP.

Farmer Bill

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 08:22:37 PM

I much prefer reading WO when we are downity, I can almost sense how different folks deal with it in how they reply:

The commonality is we all recognises the price movement we just express it different ways. I find that highly enjoyable to figure out who is who based on their posting habits purely as a distraction away from the downity. Did I miss any poster types?

Clever poster - hiding behind the fact they don't have a fucking clue.
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2994

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 08:22:50 PM

Tried the butane method through a perfume extractor, but lots of problems, obtaining odorless butane, safety and so on.

I'm only used to it when i do it on a regular basis. After a week off i'm smashed after a vape or cookie. I'm that recreational type of user, on evenings only.
Sieves are providing the most pure, natural pollom, imo. I also tried alcoholic extraction (oil) but wasn't satisfied with the results, it's also hard to get the right alcohol for it.
I used those grinders sporting the sieved bottom compartment for many years, until i started vaping and collecting the sticky remains, which got already decarboxylated by hot air. Perfect for non-smoking purposes.

It adds to them, short time memory related (a well known, temporary side effect). That's why i don't use it over the day or when i have to get things like done.
I was staying off about half a year to find out if it does affect my working memory malfunction in any positive way, but it didn't. It's also not getting worse over time by daily weed usage. It just gets a little boring without it in the evenings and helps with dreaming too much and intense, which i do, because i constantly switch between deep- and REM sleep at night about a dozen times per hour. THC seems to suppress it.
bitcoinPsycho
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 2066

$120000 in 2024 Confirmed

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 08:23:31 PM
Last edit: November 18, 2021, 10:46:22 PM by bitcoinPsycho
Merited by JayJuanGee (2), Torque (1), kaicrypzen (1), Farmer Bill (1)

https://u.today/australian-man-just-pirated-all-nfts-on-ethereum-and-solana

https://torrentfreak.com/the-nft-bay-shares-multi-terabyte-archive-of-pirated-nfts-211118/

"A 17.96 terabyte archive containing public images associated with every single non-fungible token (NFT) minted on top of Ethereum and Solana has appeared on torrent site PirateBay."

OutOfMemory
Legendary

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 08:24:00 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

The HODL poster  Grin Cool (self explanatory, innit?)

EDIT: Gotta leave WO for tonight, i'm gonna train my wife in Wim Hof's breathing technique (and hopefully have wild sex afterwards).
#HODL
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10155

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 08:26:19 PM
Merited by LFC_Bitcoin (1), bitcoinPsycho (1)

If this carries on dumping, I may ask Bob for a job as a farm hand on his ranch. Either that or Mcd’s.

Really hope the bottom is in & we get back to 60k ASAP.

I thought that we were "on track?"

Last time I checked I was poor as fuck with only $10k per BTC a mere 14 months ago, and now I got around 5.8x in pure profits.  What other investment can you do that and also have a certain amount of confidence in terms of both UPside potential and downside protections? 

Even though I do have inclinations to check the BTC price quite a bit more frequently than I should.. and maybe the reason is because there is some level of curiosity regarding if some kind of thing might be "happening?"  such as "it's"...

But in the end, feels good man.

I recall in late 2015 (talking November/December here) and early 2016, I felt a kind of zen even when bitcoin was bouncing between about $350 and $440 for largely 6 months.... and there was a kind of relief in which I felt that I had largely done the right thing, even if my portfolio was ONLY a wee little bit in the negative, but since I had established (or would it be "improved upon?") "my system" there was a kind of feeling that the mostly $250-ish bottom was "in" and that it would be smooth sailing here out because any kinds of profits, here on out, were kinds of "icing on the cake."

I am not even saying that I hav not been nervous since late 2015 to mid 2016, but relatively speaking my level of concern has been able to come down quite a bit with the ongoing icing on the cake that we have been experiencing and the ongoing sense of "being right."... we are right?  we are right, and does not even matter about the BTC price because it is all icing on the cake once we get above $450-ish....

Now, I am going to concede that:

1) my costs per BTC have likely largely gone up from $500-ish to $1k-ish (and if my costs have not gone up to $1k-ish.. that is the number that I am going to use).

2) other peeps got into bitcoin at different costs than me, so their level of zen - in terms of at least being at break-even and surplus value (profits) is going to differ from my own.. .. lot's of ways to compare where we are at as  compared where we expected to be at, where we hoped to be at and whether are hopes/expectations are putting too high of expectations into areas that are somewhat (or even considerably) outside of our own control.. I would not want to be basing my own level of happiness in areas that are overly outside of my own control..

3) I do appreciate that I was able to kind of get to a quasi-level of zen (not saying that I was completely unhappy before late 2015) in a around 2 years from my entrance into bitcoin. I understand that many of us have recognized that there are a decent number of scenarios in which it could take a lot of normie BTC investors/accumulators/HODLers around 4-year investment timeline in order to both establish a bitcoin position and to even feel a kind of psychological level of having had done the right thing and even financial profits (even assuming that some normal level of mistakes were made along the way.. not talking about the outrageous gambler and shitcoiner and leveraging mistakes which are likely beyond reasonable levels of mistakes from my perspective).   So I appreciate that sometimes when getting into bitcoin there could be some inopportunism in terms of the part of the cycle that the normie BTC investors/accumulators/HODLers might have gotten into bitcoin.. but in that sense I am kind of expecting a certain level of resilience and sturdiness in which any normie BTC investors/accumulators/HODLers should be able to get his/her mental and financial shit together by the time going through a full 4-year cycle and should not matter at all at what point s/he got into bitcoin (sure there may well be exceptions to this assertion),

but we gotta have some standards in terms of NOT being wimpy snowflakes, no?  In other words, get a fucking grip, peeps!!!!!   Angry Angry Angry  By the way, I am not even really describing getting to richie or fuck you status because those are higher levels as compared to just getting through the first four years should actually allow the vast majority of normie BTC investors/accumulators/HODLers to be able to get to some kind of decent financial and psychological comfort status... now in terms of either richie status or fuck you status, that is going to vary.. and sure there could have been some reasonable abilities to get to either richie status or fuck you status after a couple of cycles, and again seems that mostly exceptions (or more luck or more aggressiveness or better circumstances - spare cashflow beyond normie status) would be getting to one or the other such richie or fuck you status(es) prior to 2 cycles.

Wall Observers Should have hats? Do you guys have any regulatory organizations or something like that?

Perhaps something lost in translation, even though your English language skills are excellent, but

The vast majority on WO shun regulatory organizations, they cause most of the shit that happens to self reliant, independent people in the world by attempting to remove that self - reliance.

How about working towards being your own boss, that's the best boss you can have.

word!
I think he was thinking the hats are like official badges or something like that.

@naim027:
Really, they're just hats. Hats are cool. And they are a lot more cool if xhomerx10 designed them. WO regulars tend to like his hat designs... As well as observing bitcoin price charts, playing "where-am-i" occasionally, creating haiku's (traditionally on sundays), bashing shitcoiners, beggars and scammers.

hahahahaha.. funny how some benefit of the doubt is given.. and yes there can be some irritation when some of us consider that the underlying message has devolved into a kind of merit begging.. yeah maybe can be a bit bothered by some of that, but I speculate that some members use the little "hat" topic to rank up.. maybe even before they might deserve it.. ---- even though quite a few times some of the more mature members do "grow out of" some of their seemingly desperate behaviors.. and no need to even mention names here..
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 08:37:14 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Perhaps something lost in translation, even though your English language skills are excellent, but

The vast majority on WO shun regulatory organizations, they cause most of the shit that happens to self reliant, independent people in the world by attempting to remove that self - reliance.

How about working towards being your own boss, that's the best boss you can have.

word!
I think he was thinking the hats are like official badges or something like that.

@naim027:
Really, they're just hats. Hats are cool. And they are a lot more cool if xhomerx10 designed them. WO regulars tend to like his hat designs... As well as observing bitcoin price charts, playing "where-am-i" occasionally, creating haiku's (traditionally on sundays), bashing shitcoiners, beggars and scammers.

hahahahaha.. funny how some benefit of the doubt is given.. and yes there can be some irritation when some of us consider that the underlying message has devolved into a kind of merit begging.. yeah maybe can be a bit bothered by some of that, but I speculate that some members use the little "hat" topic to rank up.. maybe even before they might deserve it.. ---- even though quite a few times some of the more mature members do "grow out of" some of their seemingly desperate behaviors.. and no need to even mention names here..

Never saw it like that, but yeah... damn right.
Speaking of merit begging, i personally don't give so much for the forum rank, though. You might remember when i was giving up a good ranked account in the past for OpSec reasons...
Locked myself out of it by creating a long randomized password which i didn't store anywhere. Like intentionally losing the priv.key of a bitcoin address. Kinda romantic, if you know what i mean... #nohomo

Have a good night, day or both, all of you!
naim027

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 08:37:25 PM

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10155

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 08:47:11 PM

There are some bitcoiners who have been into bitcoin for a decently long period of time and they hardly know shit about bitcoin
It's much more worrying people who have been into fiat money their entire life (which is almost anyone) can't explain "money" either. Ask the average person what money is, and they have no idea. Ask them where it comes from, where the money for their mortgage comes from, and ask if they have any idea how much money goes around in the global foreign exchange market.
People have no idea how it really works, and that makes them sleep at night.

Quote from: Henry Ford
“It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.”

Also ask the average person if paying off their 30 year mortgage to own their home *depends entirely* on them 1) being employed with no major gaps, and 2) their salary rising for 30 straight years. When they answer "yes", ask them what happens when #1 and #2 are no longer viable moving forward.

Then watch them no longer sleep well at night.

There might be other problems with housing debt, but on a personal level housing debt has been a great way to leverage and to become rich as fuck... especially if you can either play it 30 years and not have needs to move (geographically stable or other reasons that keeping the house or the mortgage for that long is not a problem).. in other words, even if your salary did not go up very much in 30years, the value of your dollar would be worth quite a bit less.. and lower interest rates are better, if you are able to get that.  Of course there are also a variety of ways to use debt poorly and to be your own worst enemy.

LOL
Get a grip, man  Cheesy
Sorry, i didn't mark my comment (the one you quoted) as irony  Roll Eyes
It's all in the thread i linked you to.

Question is can you read the thread faster than jjg can type?
Probably not

I am sad.

my only recognizable skill
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 08:50:46 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (3), Farmer Bill (1)

... looks like we got the dreaded 56k touch, zoom and boom, that I was half-expecting, it's a pivotal number

... it's interesting to think that if previous late-stage rallies are to play out, buy buying today at 56k you might be on track to 3X or more your return in just 2-3 months ... but who knows, no gurantees
Farmer Bill

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 08:58:35 PM

It adds to them, short time memory related (a well known, temporary side effect). That's why i don't use it over the day or when i have to get things like done.
I was staying off about half a year to find out if it does affect my working memory malfunction in any positive way, but it didn't. It's also not getting worse over time by daily weed usage. It just gets a little boring without it in the evenings and helps with dreaming too much and intense, which i do, because i constantly switch between deep- and REM sleep at night about a dozen times per hour. THC seems to suppress it.

That is extremely interesting about the sleep part, I asked the question as a good friend has early stages of dementia at a young age, they have given up getting stoned hoping it will help, but like you have irregular sleep, waking up after just 4 hours sleep plus having vivid dreams or nightmares.
Perhaps having a smoke or cookie in the evening might help them sleep better.
While keeping a clear head daytime so they don't put the coffee jar in the fridge rather than the cupboard or spend all day looking for a mislaid TV remote controller.
Thank you for you insight into this.

I too don't usually get stoned daytime because there is a lot to get through in a day on the farm.
And working with machinery you need to keep aware for safety.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 09:01:32 PM

Explanation
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3844

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 09:08:18 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (2), bitcoinPsycho (1)

yea, you missed HODLer poster-those dgaf about a 20% "plunge", but become squeamish at -80% down, posting about a missed opp of selling at the top and buying right there (at 0.2 the prior price).
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 09:31:03 PM
Merited by OutOfMemory (1)

Right. You got me. I thought you guys trying to make bitcointalk great again. And you guys are volunteers. Like- BitcoinTalk Police.

this

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

huh, what bitcointalk police?!  Shocked
* OutOfMemory runs away

But, I didn't get why that Thread title says "No hats? Fuck off"

You can create and self moderate threads on bitcointalk, feel free to name them as you like.
Most of "the hats" (or the people behind them) became like friends and the topic was an attempt to outsource covid19 related postings, to keep the WO thread more readable and tidy. Freedom of speech is an awesome thing, valued a lot around here.
To understand WO better, you probably would have to read back a few hundred pages or follow it regularly for some weeks or months.
I'm not good at explaining culture, just go with the flow, either you become a WO lover or a WO leaver. (Anybody else thinking about mindrust now, too?)

EDIT: I just remembered how long it took me to get the meaning of "riding cathleen's bike" when i was a WO noob back then...

You won't find me spending even a percent of all the time i spend here on other places of the interweb.
IMO, this is one of the finest places for a bitcoiner to be on the www.
I was a long time member of only one different, non-bitcoin related message board of a news site until recently, when i rage-quit because 95% of the community turned into missionary vaccination-fanboys (and girls) and every other thread went pro-vaxx, which was creating too much of bad vibes in my belly.

cathleen's bike comes from a video on you tube that Gentlemand posted, here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sxLp9YRpg8
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 09:36:48 PM

yea, you missed HODLer poster-those dgaf about a 20% "plunge", but become squeamish at -80% down, posting about a missed opp of selling at the top and buying right there (at 0.2 the prior price).

The HODL poster  Grin Cool (self explanatory, innit?)

EDIT: Gotta leave WO for tonight, i'm gonna train my wife in Wim Hof's breathing technique (and hopefully have wild sex afterwards).
#HODL

Biodom, you happen to have me on ignore?  Cheesy
As for the other statement, announcing my good-bye... The little one woke up and stole mommy  Roll Eyes
So, no intense breathing tonight...

That is extremely interesting about the sleep part, I asked the question as a good friend has early stages of dementia at a young age, they have given up getting stoned hoping it will help, but like you have irregular sleep, waking up after just 4 hours sleep plus having vivid dreams or nightmares.
Perhaps having a smoke or cookie in the evening might help them sleep better.
While keeping a clear head daytime so they don't put the coffee jar in the fridge rather than the cupboard or spend all day looking for a mislaid TV remote controller.
Thank you for you insight into this.

On the other hand, i find this extremely interesting as well, now.
It's normal to have vivid, intense dreams and light sleep after quitting a stoner's lifestyle. It's about dropping neurotransmitter levels, of which symptoms get worse within the 10 first days, followed by slow but complete recovery in the following 3-4 weeks. It was scientifically researched about 10-20 years ago, by a pharma company that tried to make a pill for easing "marijuana withdrawal". The brain is rebalancing endorphine metabolism. Dreaming should normalize within 4 weeks.
I don't wake up easily, regardless if stoned or not, i need at least six hours. If i sleep less, i have to be very aware of falling asleep when i stimulate the baroreceptors in the spine (pressure on my back, for example by lying down, leaning my back when sitting in a seat...).

There is some connection between cannabinoides and dementia, and some other substance i don't remember right now.
(@Tash: If you happen to read this: No, it's not vitamin D!)
I made a note, that should remember me to try memorizing it within the next few days and get back to you when it springs to my mind again.
I think i remember there is something one can do to slow down or even stop the progression of dementia. No healing possible, though (afaik).

I too don't usually get stoned daytime because there is a lot to get through in a day on the farm.
And working with machinery you need to keep aware for safety.

As a former winemaker's assistant i think i know excactly what you mean.
Also, consuming weed over the day makes everything dead boring for me. Not my preferred way of living Smiley

cathleen's bike comes from a video on you tube that Gentlemand posted, here it is.

(link removed)

Kebap! Kebap! Kebap!  Cheesy

Pages: « 1 ... 29669 29670 29671 29672 29673 29674 29675 29676 29677 29678 29679 29680 29681 29682 29683 29684 29685 29686 29687 29688 29689 29690 29691 29692 29693 29694 29695 29696 29697 29698 29699 29700 29701 29702 29703 29704 29705 29706 29707 29708 29709 29710 29711 29712 29713 29714 29715 29716 29717 29718 [29719] 29720 29721 29722 29723 29724 29725 29726 29727 29728 29729 29730 29731 29732 29733 29734 29735 29736 29737 29738 29739 29740 29741 29742 29743 29744 29745 29746 29747 29748 29749 29750 29751 29752 29753 29754 29755 29756 29757 29758 29759 29760 29761 29762 29763 29764 29765 29766 29767 29768 29769 ... 33303 »
  Print  

Jump to: